Jul 26 - NYC to require all city workers to be vaccinated by Sept or face weekly testing

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '05        #1
3535 page views
196 comments

Stuart Scott  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 68123 68 K  Slaps total: 10563 10 K
Jul 26 - NYC to require all city workers to be vaccinated by Sept or face weekly testing

NEW YORK (AP) — New York City will require all of its municipal workers — including teachers and police officers — to get coronavirus vaccines by mid-September or face weekly COVID-19 testing, Mayor Bill de Blasio announced Monday.

The rule is expected to affect about 340,000 city employees, making the city one of the largest employers in the U.S. to take such action. While it isn’t a vaccine mandate — no workers will be forced to take a shot — officials hope the inconvenience and discomfort of weekly tests will persuade many to overcome a reluctance to get inoculated.

“This is about our recovery. This is about what we need to do to bring back New York City,” de Blasio said. “This is about keeping people safe.

The Sept. 13 deadline coincides with the start of public school, when the Democratic mayor has said he expects all pupils to be in classrooms full time.

The move comes as the city battles a rise in COVID-19 cases fueled by the highly contagious delta variant. Since the end of June, the daily average of new cases has increased by more than 300%.

Last week, the city had announced it was mandating vaccinations or weekly testing for workers in the city’s hospital system.

The number of vaccine doses being given out daily in the city has dropped to less than 18,000, down from a peak of more than 100,000 in early April. About 65% of adults in the city are fully vaccinated.

Meanwhile, caseloads have been rising for weeks, and health officials say the variant makes up about seven in 10 new cases.

De Blasio has said that he does not plan to reimpose a broad indoor mask mandate, as Los Angeles County has done. Masks are required in some settings such as public transportation.

visit this link https://apnews.com/articl .. a1aa0be26549bd
+8   

best
worst
196 comments

2 months ago '18        #2
Killakaine2525 
Props total: 2598 2 K  Slaps total: 697 697
Damn they not even hiding sh*t now if u dont get the bum juice we will make your life hell till u bow down man fu*k these n*ggas man i think i see a protest coming
+47   

2 months ago '06        #3
bigkilla  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 34454 34 K  Slaps total: 4837 4 K
I know a few city employees who “got the vaccine” and got their cards

+27   

2 months ago '17        #4
Obadiah1Verse18  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 45786 45 K  Slaps total: 20478 20 K
Not sure why this didn’t getting more attention. It sucks to be right about this, but the ‘anti-vaxxers’ have been screaming this and now you see come true.
+27   

2 months ago '05        #5
Stuart Scott  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20 OP
Props total: 68123 68 K  Slaps total: 10563 10 K
 Obadiah1Verse18 said
Not sure why this didn’t getting more attention. It sucks to be right about this, but the ‘anti-vaxxers’ have been screaming this and now you see come true.
If new york is one of the first major cities Im sure others will follow suit Im in chicago but havent heard anything yet
+9   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '17        #6
justin747  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 173624 173 K  Slaps total: 24331 24 K
If your job provides you health insurance, they are protecting their investment with vaccines.

If your job does this and you're anti-vaxx, stand your ground and quit.

+22   

2 months ago '07        #7
Cartel-Clipz 
Props total: 81922 81 K  Slaps total: 4937 4 K
Literally says no workers will be forced to take the shot. This is the right move. If you don't want the vaccine, you should be tested so you don't get others sick. What's the problem here???
+41   

2 months ago '06        #8
cleavon15  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 3435 3 K  Slaps total: 651 651
 Cartel-Clipz said
Literally says no workers will be forced to take the shot. This is the right move. If you don't want the vaccine, you should be tested so you don't get others sick. What's the problem here???
Thing is, they want everyone to suffer. If everyone got tested every two weeks, then most would be quiet.

The perceived favor for those who get vaccinated causes these people to come out.

Mask mandates coming back and they couldn’t be happier. Thing is, most weren’t even vaccinated and were still going around maskless.
+2   

2 months ago '20        #9
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 38316 38 K  Slaps total: 7299 7 K
This gonna get interesting if the lawsuits start tying up the courts
+6   

2 months ago '05        #10
bklyn 
Props total: 4418 4 K  Slaps total: 2513 2 K
Government really just wants to know if their citizens will submit to them. So far, you guys doing a great job at that!
+36   

2 months ago '05        #11
4REAL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 43460 43 K  Slaps total: 13944 13 K
 justin747 said
If your job provides you health insurance, they are protecting their investment with vaccines.

If your job does this and you're anti-vaxx, stand your ground and quit.

They are "protecting their investment with vaccines" that doesn't protect from said virus.
+5   

2 months ago '05        #12
4REAL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 43460 43 K  Slaps total: 13944 13 K
 bklyn said
Government really just wants to know if their citizens will submit to them. So far, you guys doing a great job at that!
It's a game of compliance that these non-critical thinking vaccine evangelists can't understand.
+7   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '17        #13
justin747  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 173624 173 K  Slaps total: 24331 24 K
 4REAL said
They are "protecting their investment with vaccines" that doesn't protect from said virus.
Do you get health insurance from your job?

2 months ago '04        #14
skillz410 
Props total: 576 576  Slaps total: 57 57
This is all leading up to forced vaccinations watch
+17   

2 months ago '19        #15
Mescaline  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 81236 81 K  Slaps total: 12290 12 K
 Cartel-Clipz said
Who said that unvaxxed ppl are more likely to catch covid??
+1   

2 months ago '16        #16
TK2 
Props total: 970 970  Slaps total: 24 24
How relevant is the covid 19 vaccine when we are dealing with its variants? How effective is the vaccine against the latest strains?
+5   

2 months ago '20        #17
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 38316 38 K  Slaps total: 7299 7 K
A nurse told me that they vaccinated a facility & now 70% has covid
+8   

2 months ago '06        #18
bxdiplomat  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 18895 18 K  Slaps total: 1755 1 K
 Xiox said
Which vaccines have ever stop you from getting a virus?
+3   

2 months ago '07        #19
Cartel-Clipz 
 Anomic said
Who said that unvaxxed ppl are more likely to catch covid??
Our evil overlords that hide in the shadows. You right yo. I gotta expand my thinking
+5   

2 months ago '06        #20
 Cartel-Clipz said
The problem I see if that people who were vaccinated can still carry and pass the virus.
+4   

2 months ago '07        #21
Cartel-Clipz 
 Xiox said
Respectfully, you're friend saying something is not a credible source. Where's the proof?
+6   

2 months ago '12        #22
daman729 
Props total: 71235 71 K  Slaps total: 2960 2 K
I dont care what anybody say. This sh*t is fu*ked up. And you still got people clapping their hands and boasting for this forced vaccine sh*t. Bu bu but I got mine and feel ok so you should get yours. Forcing people to take a rushed a*s "vaccine" that has been shown to have give side effects. They know dam well aint nobody getting a fu*kin weekly test smh. These mothafu*kas man.
+11   

2 months ago '07        #23
Cartel-Clipz 
 bigkilla said
The problem I see if that people who were vaccinated can still carry and pass the virus.
Yes, Everyone on earth can still carry and pass the virus. Its just that if you are vaccinated it's significantly less likely

2 months ago '06        #24
 Cartel-Clipz said
Yes, Everyone on earth can still carry and pass the virus. Its just that if you are vaccinated it's significantly less likely
I don’t think it’s that you it’s significantly less likely of spreading, but less likely of being sick.
+3   

2 months ago '07        #25
Cartel-Clipz 
 daman729 said
I dont care what anybody say. This sh*t is fu*ked up. And you still got people clapping their hands and boasting for this forced vaccine sh*t. Bu bu but I got mine and feel ok so you should get yours. Forcing people to take a rushed a*s "vaccine" that has been shown to have give side effects. They know dam well aint nobody getting a fu*kin weekly test smh. These mothafu*kas man.
They're not forcing you to get the shot. The weekly testing is for those who don't want it. Other industries have been doing regular testing (pre vaccine) since last year. You just don't have to get testing if you're vaccinated now.

For the record, even though I'm vaccinated, I don't want people to be forced to get a shot they may not want but this isn't that. This here is the best route to me.
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+34online now  14
Video inside 50cent Is going at Tip Now
294 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+68online now  13
Video inside Drake - Buffalo Freestyle Ft Benny The Butcher Official Audio