‘Malice in the Palace’ documentary set to premier next month on Netflix

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

2 months ago '04        #1
1188 page views
48 comments

187Proof  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 20935 20 K  Slaps total: 1875 1 K
‘Malice in the Palace’ documentary set to premier next month on Netflix

One of the most unforgettable and ugly scenes in American sports history will be the focus of an upcoming documentary that premiers on streaming platform Netflix next month. The infamous “Malice at the Palace” is the focal point of the debut episode of the docuseries “Untold” which takes a deep look at five controversial sports moments, according to the a*sociated Press.

The 80-minute episode will feature never-before-seen footage of the incident and interviews with the people who were involved in the melee.

“We chose these stories by asking ourselves this question: ‘Is this the single most important thing that happened in this person’s life?’” said directors and co-executive producers Chapman Way and Maclain Way in a statement. “What we’ve found doing documentaries is if you’re sitting down with someone and the event that you are interviewing them about was the most pivotal and important thing that happened to them, you are going to walk away with really fascinating insights into their lives, that have a sense of a narrative built in — a beginning, middle and end.”

While Netflix didn’t say exactly who the focal point of the “Malice in the Palace” episode is, it’s well known that former player Metta Sandiford-Artest -- who was then known as Ron Artest -- was at the heart of the f*ght. The incident began when Artest was hit in the face with a cup that was thrown by a fan toward the end of a game between the Detroit Pistons and the Indiana Pacers on Nov. 19, 2004.

Artest reacted to being hit by running into the stands and getting physical with the fan he thought threw the cup. It was later revealed that the fan Artest fought with was not the man who threw the cup. Years later, Artest said he discovered the fan that actually threw the cup after his friend bet him $50 he couldn’t hit the NBA star.

Fans who were in attendance have also shared their version of events from that night.

After Artest ran into the stands, it set off a chain of events that led to multiple players f*ghting fans in one of the more chaotic moments in American sports. As a result of the f*ght, Artest was suspended for the entire season and missed the playoffs as well.

Several Pistons players were also suspended for their roles in the brawl, but Artest’s suspension was by far the longest. It is unknown which Pistons players took part in the documentary.

“Untold” premieres Aug. 10 on Netflix.

visit this link https://www.mlive.com/spo .. n-netflix.html
+21   

best
worst
48 comments

2 months ago '17        #2
fallinginpie 
Props total: 8711 8 K  Slaps total: 1423 1 K
Finally. Watched it live. Here we go!
+11   

2 months ago '07        #3
Sincere730  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 62854 62 K  Slaps total: 6836 6 K
The fan who threw the cup get his a*s whipped or nah

2 months ago '07        #4
sleep23rd 
Props total: 14365 14 K  Slaps total: 6354 6 K
more publicity for Cappin Jack
+4   

2 months ago '08        #5
EMER1TUS 
Props total: 38447 38 K  Slaps total: 6107 6 K
Still remember watching this sh*t with Ma Dukes, she died not long after this but I remember being at her side while she was in her rocking chair watching this.

Side note: the n*gga JO hit went to my High School. Didn’t know him he was younger than me but he def went to my school
+5   

2 months ago '17        #6
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 76108 76 K  Slaps total: 26119 26 K
They should make a VR version.

I need to see every angle of Jermaine O’Neals sliding punch. That was a beaut
+14   

2 months ago '12        #7
Superstarbrown7  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 19627 19 K  Slaps total: 1839 1 K
 SPdaGOAT said

Best thing happen in the nba
+2   

2 months ago '21        #8
Subjective 
Props total: 924 924  Slaps total: 57 57
Jermaine sliding like M bison
+7   

2 months ago '15        #9
6Fraud  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 70934 70 K  Slaps total: 23226 23 K
Remember me and my brother seeing this sh*t live as kids that sh*t wild like it didn’t cut to commercial for like 7 minutes
+6   

2 months ago '18        #10
Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x107
Props total: 129544 129 K  Slaps total: 5738 5 K
Ron Artest and Ben Wallace f*ght in NBA Pacers Pistons Brawl Local HD Broadcast

2 months ago '13        #11
THEDONN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 99540 99 K  Slaps total: 41042 41 K
+1   

2 months ago '18        #12
HoopLife88 
Props total: 38913 38 K  Slaps total: 5079 5 K
I'll never forget coming home from practice and seeing that shyt live on TV. Couldn't believe my eyes

Last edited by HoopLife88; 07-26-2021 at 10:05 AM..
+5   

2 months ago '04        #13
Javon23  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 48675 48 K  Slaps total: 10275 10 K
If this never happened
This which happened the next day would be talked about like the Malice Palace
Also was the last game Lou Holtz coached.

+1   

2 months ago '13        #14
solidsnake1864 
Props total: 10447 10 K  Slaps total: 2911 2 K
 HoopLife88 said
I'll never forget coming home from practice and seeing that shyt live on TV. Couldn't believe my eyes
I would've missed it, I had a varsity game that night but I caught the flu the day before. I remember calling my lil bros into my bedroom to watch it with me

Last edited by solidsnake1864; 07-26-2021 at 11:20 AM..
+1   

2 months ago '12        #15
cal classick 
Props total: 44757 44 K  Slaps total: 1174 1 K
Remember it like it was yesterday. I was a freshman in high school. Damn where does the time go ?
+4   

2 months ago '15        #16
Tripsev 
Props total: 4879 4 K  Slaps total: 2604 2 K
Why the fu*k does this get a doc? It was a f*ght that last like 14 minutes in one nba game. There wasn’t some crazy buildup or massive league fallout. Mfs got suspended, fined, banned, etc. Netflix will make anything a doc and know people will watch it. Not EVERYTHING deserves an extensive revisiting/overview/doc/movie etc.
+1   

2 months ago '14        #17
baskeeyacht 
Props total: 34791 34 K  Slaps total: 5422 5 K
I worked for the Pacers several years ago..this sh*t did a lot of damage to that organization..lowkey made Larry bird and the rest want a mostly white team..as much as I loved watching it happen when it did I saw the after effects
+3   

2 months ago '15        #18
bostonsteel7 
Props total: 1565 1 K  Slaps total: 102 102
 SPdaGOAT said

That dude would have died if Jermaine wouldn’t have slipped
+4   

2 months ago '21        #19
Playboy69  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 16385 16 K  Slaps total: 1858 1 K
Make NBA Great Again...

2 months ago '07        #20
sleep23rd 
Props total: 14365 14 K  Slaps total: 6354 6 K
 Tripsev said
Why the fu*k does this get a doc? It was a f*ght that last like 14 minutes in one nba game. There wasn’t some crazy buildup or massive league fallout. Mfs got suspended, fined, banned, etc. Netflix will make anything a doc and know people will watch it. Not EVERYTHING deserves an extensive revisiting/overview/doc/movie etc.
Because white ppl like to highlight us as animals...

Like we are National Geographic and sh*t... they always find something to make a doc about us
+1   

2 months ago '16        #21
alejandrugas  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5200 5 K  Slaps total: 250 250
Yea that sliding punch def looked like a move out of a f*ghting game. Lol just imagine the terror and overall shookness in those fan’s hearts
+2   

2 months ago '06        #22
Big Bear 
Props total: 45565 45 K  Slaps total: 9624 9 K
 Sincere730 said
The fan who threw the cup get his a*s whipped or nah
Naw

He ball player punched them
The fans ate it
+1   

2 months ago '21        #23
outstanding  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x29
Props total: 16485 16 K  Slaps total: 15294 15 K
 cal classick said
Remember it like it was yesterday. I was a freshman in high school. Damn where does the time go ?
dude said he was in high school November 19, 2004

i was in the 5th grade and i watched this sh*t live too

2 months ago '09        #24
Jet Jagu4r 
Props total: 1250 1 K  Slaps total: 27 27
 Tripsev said
This. They also touched on this in full depth in Ron Artests documentary on showtime. Def worth a watch if you haven’t seen.
+1   

2 months ago '09        #25
menacerodman989 
Props total: 9 9  Slaps total: 0 0
I was at this game. My roommate in college worked for a dude that had season tickets and we were in the lower bowl on the opposite side of the madness. I remember little kids crying hysterically out of terror on their way out of the palace. It was crazy but I swear I didn’t know it would be that big of a deal until I got home from the game and the sh*t was all over sports center. It’s funny too because basically n*ggas was walking out of the arena at that point because it was a blowout. I never post anything lol but had to share my experience.
+6   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+68online now  12
Video inside Drake - Buffalo Freestyle Ft Benny The Butcher Official Audio
121 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+193online now  9
Video inside Fawkin’ MOOLIES!!!!
79 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+34online now  8
Video inside 50cent Is going at Tip Now
294 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  4
Worst Black TV dad of all time?? Social media says Frank Mitchell aka Moesha's..
71 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy