That time B.o.B & Janelle smoked Lupe

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 months ago '14        #1
836 page views
27 comments

K Robinson 
Props total: 7990 7 K  Slaps total: 2085 2 K
That time B.o.B & Janelle smoked Lupe

+3   

best
worst
27 comments

2 months ago '07        #2
tacuna 320 
Props total: 9551 9 K  Slaps total: 1477 1 K
B.o.B.? You mean the failed Lupe Lite experiment that lasted for like a year?? Whatever happened to that n*gga anyway? Last I heard he was claiming the earth was flat....
+11   

2 months ago '14        #3
K Robinson  OP
 tacuna 320 said
B.o.B.? You mean the failed Lupe Lite experiment that lasted for like a year?? Whatever happened to that n*gga anyway? Last I heard he was claiming the earth was flat....
He was one of the few n*ggas that smoked Lu only reason I remember him...

2 months ago '18        #4
MC Gusto 
Props total: 11264 11 K  Slaps total: 1177 1 K
 K Robinson said

Lupe was ghostwriting for b.o.b.

2 months ago '14        #5
K Robinson  OP
 MC Gusto said
What is the source on that?
+8   

2 months ago '16        #6
postemupndunkit 
Props total: 69245 69 K  Slaps total: 8319 8 K
Never heard this version of tightrope, never want to again.
+3   

2 months ago '12        #7
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 182060 182 K  Slaps total: 10605 10 K
 MC Gusto said
No he wasn't. But Atlantic Records was taking already produced songs that had hooks and concepts completed for them where the verses needed to be filled by the rapper from Lupe and giving them to B.o.b, like the song "nothin on you"

Which is pretty standard practice and happens way more than yall would think..One of the most wildest cases being the title track from Tinashe's first album being taken from her to give to Rihanna for Anti and Rihanna didn't even use it so Tinashe had to buy it back

The whole pre-made song that just needs to be filled in by the rapper is how Swizz Beats wife Mashonda got her way in the industry, Keri Hilson/Ne-Yo and Polow(production wise) and so on. Hell I've placed a few myself with reference tracks done by random singers, and the ones that didn't get placed on labels/major artist we got on television shows

Last edited by OldBusiness; 07-26-2021 at 11:13 AM..
+15   

2 months ago '11        #8
Sinamatik CFR  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 52217 52 K  Slaps total: 5267 5 K
B.O.B. was talented, but no Lupe by the furthest stretch of the imagination...

just because a n*gga think he different, dont make em dope!
+2   

2 months ago '08        #9
halftime 
Props total: 16394 16 K  Slaps total: 1958 1 K
B.O.B had a run?
+1   

2 months ago '15        #10
Shifty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 16765 16 K  Slaps total: 3292 3 K
 OldBusiness said
No he wasn't. But Atlantic Records was taking already produced songs that had hooks and concepts completed for them where the verses needed to be filled by the rapper from Lupe and giving them to B.o.b, like the song "nothin on you"

Which is pretty standard practice and happens way more than yall would think..One of the most wildest cases being the title track from Tinashe's first album being taken from her to give to Rihanna for Anti and Rihanna didn't even use it so Tinashe had to buy it back

The whole pre-made song that just needs to be filled in by the rapper is how Swizz Beats wife Mashonda got her way in the industry, Keri Hilson/Ne-Yo and Polow(production wise) and so on. Hell I've placed a few myself with reference tracks done by random singers, and the ones that didn't get placed on labels/major artist we got on television shows
n*ggas need to stop with that stupid a*s trash that Lupe ghostwrote for everyone. I always got to make sure to mention I used a huge fan because they'll cry about it and say I'm hating.
+1   

2 months ago '19        #11
Mescaline  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 81254 81 K  Slaps total: 12291 12 K
 tacuna 320 said
He said the earth was flat then was talkin big sh*t to Neil deGrasse Tyson and Bill Nye and got clowned and blackballed from the industry.

@2:36

Somehow he linked up with Ms.Blue then was introduced to Brother Panic.

+1   

2 months ago '15        #12
Tripsev 
Props total: 4889 4 K  Slaps total: 2605 2 K
 OldBusiness said

Nah, Lupe didn’t wanna do that sh*t so they gave it to the next in line that would. It was never them taking it from Lupe. He refused to do nothing on you.
+1   

2 months ago '18        #13
MayneThaTruth2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 16130 16 K  Slaps total: 12434 12 K
 Sinamatik CFR said
B.O.B. was talented, but no Lupe by the furthest stretch of the imagination...

just because a n*gga think he different, dont make em dope!
BOB can rap foreal, and produced all them beats. This n*gga is a hitmaker.
+2   

2 months ago '12        #14
 Tripsev said
Nah, Lupe didn’t wanna do that sh*t so they gave it to the next in line that would. It was never them taking it from Lupe. He refused to do nothing on you.
I probably should have worded that part better, but I didn't mean it with reference to his willingness to do the song, but moreso mentioned that record cause i've seen on forums where people have confused the fact that the song was originally pitched to one person, and then given to another as it somehow meaning dude ghostwrote it when that wasn't the case either.

"I was actually working on a session in Chung King [Studios], and [Atlantic Records chairman] Craig Kallman called me during that session with that particular track, to work on it for Lupe Fiasco," Jonsin told MTV News. "I told Craig, 'I like the song a lot. It's a smash and could be somebody's single. But it's not Lupe's record. I need this record for B.o.B. Please give this record to B.o.B.' I guess they went through whoever they went through, convinced whoever they needed to, and it got to B.o.B."

2 months ago '17        #15
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 181046 181 K  Slaps total: 13066 13 K
 OldBusiness said

Same thing happened to Amerie. Beyonce got some Rich Harrison tracks that were meant for Amerie.

2 months ago '12        #16
 Naga Sadow said
Same thing happened to Amerie. Beyonce got some Rich Harrison tracks that were meant for Amerie.
That case is a little bit more strategic lol. I've seen stuff about Matthew Knowles pulling moves like that to stop people from competing with Beyonce.

I remember there were rumors he had signed Amerie and Mya to management contracts and deals that prevented them from releasing music stateside, and only for Asian/Euro markets.

For example this Mya album dropped in Japan first and wasn't even released here at first:

)

That was just rumors tho lol
+1   

2 months ago '17        #17
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 181046 181 K  Slaps total: 13066 13 K
 OldBusiness said
That case is a little bit more strategic lol. I've seen stuff about Matthew Knowles pulling moves like that to stop people from competing with Beyonce.

I remember there were rumors he had signed Amerie and Mya to management contracts and deals that prevented them from releasing music stateside, and only for Asian/Euro markets.

For example this Mya album dropped in Japan first and wasn't even released here at first:

)

That was just rumors tho lol
Now that's just foul. I wish I would've known. I would've consoled Mya throughout the ordeal.
+1   

2 months ago '20        #18
blackpillblack 
Props total: 12399 12 K  Slaps total: 5422 5 K
Bob had a few really dope albums last few years.. including that album with brother panic.
+1   

2 months ago '19        #19
Souloh  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15436 15 K  Slaps total: 2914 2 K
 tacuna 320 said
Failed Lupe lite experiment that lasted for a year? B.o.B was 10 times more successful than Lupe and actually had a run. Y’all n*ggas really live in a fantasy world where y’all think these failed underground rappers are important.
+3   

2 months ago '12        #20
 Naga Sadow said
Now that's just foul. I wish I would've known. I would've consoled Mya throughout the ordeal.

Souloh said
Failed Lupe lite experiment that lasted for a year? B.o.B was 10 times more successful than Lupe and actually had a run. Y’all n*ggas really live in a fantasy world where y’all think these failed underground rappers are important.
And I saw that too and laughed, if anything I remember people trying to compare him and that Rory kid to Andre 3000 when they first started making a little noise, hell I remember hearing this:

Before I even saw B.o.b being pushed nationally. This was on the EP Eastside and I THINK the mixtape "Future" I think in 2007, Nothin on You and the other 'popular stuff' was in 2009/2010.
+1   

2 months ago '19        #21
Souloh  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15436 15 K  Slaps total: 2914 2 K
 OldBusiness said

And I saw that too and laughed, if anything I remember people trying to compare him and that Rory kid to Andre 3000 when they first started making a little noise, hell I remember hearing this:

Before I even saw B.o.b being pushed nationally. This was on the EP Eastside and I THINK the mixtape "Future" I think in 2007, Nothin on You and the other 'popular stuff' was in 2009/2010.
They used to play that song so much I used to think it was an Outkast song. He already had a buzz in Atlanta but when he signed with TIP he took off.

He had a nice run that gets overlooked because he went too Pop.

2 months ago '17        #22
Its 
Props total: 21637 21 K  Slaps total: 1834 1 K
I always thought they all should have toured and made music together lol

2 months ago '07        #23
tacuna 320 
Props total: 9551 9 K  Slaps total: 1477 1 K
 Souloh said
B.o.B.'s biggest hits were carried by the bi*ch from Paramore and Bruno Mars, what a great two track "run"? What B.o.B.'s album get discussed or even mentioned anymore? Those tracks alone did more numbers sure, but a couple of pop rap joints makes his career more "important" than Lupe? You stupid short attention span n*ggas stay exposing yourself

2 months ago '04        #24
patt24 
Props total: 12567 12 K  Slaps total: 1435 1 K
Bob was dope. A true artist. Wrote, produced, engineered, played all his own instruments.

His sh*t started getting weird when he started with that flat earth nonsense.

2 months ago '10        #25
Chiyosuke 
Props total: 13371 13 K  Slaps total: 718 718
 Souloh said
Tha lies you n*ggas tell lmfao

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  6
Kyrie Irving could skip Nets home games because of ‘oppressing’ vaccine ma..
152 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  5
Video inside Sep 26 - 75 year old man convinced by Anti Vaxxers to leave hospital di..
102 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+28online now  4
Article inside Fewer men attending college is leading toward "mating crisis", says N..
270 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+19online now  4
Video inside Halloween k*lls ready!
32 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy