District 10 is coming and it's based on American history

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 months ago '04        #1
2340 page views
37 comments

!!!  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 115349 115 K  Slaps total: 18121 18 K
District 10 is coming and it's based on American history

When speaking to IGN, acclaimed South African director Neill Blomkamp revealed that District 10 will be based in "American history." Blomkamp's sci-fi classic District 9 was released back in 2009, and while a sequel was always on the table, he announced back in February that they are moving ahead on a script by him, star Sharlto Copley and co-writer Terri Tatchell.

When released, District 9 was hailed as a new sci-fi classic, a story that follows the creation of the titular location, an internment camp for sick aliens who crashed in Johannesburg in the 1980s. Wikus Van De Merwe (Copley), a bureaucrat at the Department of Alien Affairs, becomes infected by an alien fluid, and slowly turns into one of them.

Instead of continuing the story in South Africa, Blomkamp is looking to change the setting to one in America: "that script continues to be written. It's looking good. It took a decade to figure out, to come up with a reason why to make that film as opposed to just make a sequel."

District 9 was inspired by events in Cape Town's District Six, an actual internment camp during the apartheid era. The film deals with themes of xenophobia, racism, immigration, and more, which (to the surprise of no one), is also deeply connected to American history. A similar storyline would fit perfectly into current and past social politics, and could turn the District movies into something like an anthology series.

After only making three films in 10 years, Blomkamp is back with a vengeance, as District 10 is just one of several upcoming projects he's working on. He recently debuted Demonic, a supernatural horror movie filmed during the height of the pandemic, at the 2021 Berlin International Film Festival. The film follows the feud between a mother and her daughter, when the latter unleashes terrifying demons and their decades-old rift is reignited.

Additionally, Blomkamp is working on yet another horror film called The Inferno with Taylor Kitsch. Kitsch stars as a cop who investigates a murder in New Mexico, uncovering a conspiracy that may be connected to a homicidal humanoid beast. While Blomkamp's films may sometimes be hit-or-miss, you've got to give him points for originality and style, as his concepts are always incredibly interesting.

District 10 is still in the early stages of pre-production, but if you're looking for your Blomkamp fix, Demonic is hitting American theaters on August 20.

visit this link https://collider.com/neil .. -9-sequel-plot

Finally!!!

+54   

best
worst
37 comments

2 months ago '18        #2
Pastor Ra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23
Props total: 52023 52 K  Slaps total: 11250 11 K
I love District 9, I hope this is decent
+43   

2 months ago '07        #3
Cambury  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 36571 36 K  Slaps total: 16549 16 K
Yoooo I jus showed shortie the trailer for district 9 last night so we can watch it in the near future. Movie was dope.

I was telling her they shuld have been made a new movie I thought all hope was lost.
+10   

2 months ago '17        #4
bmf24eva  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 18248 18 K  Slaps total: 5061 5 K
Good news!

Demonic and Aliens 2.5 first though please!
+2   

2 months ago '07        #5
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x57
Props total: 88496 88 K  Slaps total: 10329 10 K
i need to check the original again, that sh*t was wild, went from Sci-Fi drama, to splatter to action real fu*king quick
+9   

2 months ago '15        #6
FEWYEARSAHEAD12 
Props total: 1237 1 K  Slaps total: 324 324
Yea district 9 was a good movie I been waiting for this for a long time
+6   

2 months ago '04        #7
Randeezle 
Props total: 3954 3 K  Slaps total: 285 285
Good sh*t.

rewatching that again tonight + chappie
+18   

2 months ago '17        #8
Its 
Props total: 21485 21 K  Slaps total: 1825 1 K
Never seen district 9
Might give it a shot
+5   

2 months ago '16        #9
Proveone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 76545 76 K  Slaps total: 4888 4 K
District 9 was an excellent film. Top 20 sci-fi film
+6   

2 months ago '15        #10
Preacher Mane  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 62226 62 K  Slaps total: 3967 3 K
I’d prefer a movie that shows Christopher coming back to save Wikus (if he was telling the truth) but I’ll take this too.
+4   

2 months ago '14        #11
DavidAames  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 28458 28 K  Slaps total: 1233 1 K
I read An interview where the director was discussing why it took so long to make the sequel.

But the facts he always wanted to and will after his newest movie is released in August i believe Is dope as fu*k.

Can’t fu*kin wait…
+4   

2 months ago '05        #12
P DRILLA 
Props total: 24015 24 K  Slaps total: 724 724

+1   

2 months ago '20        #13
Ball Man  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 6402 6 K  Slaps total: 523 523
District 9 was dope, gotta re watch it soon... soundtrack was also beautiful.
+7   

2 months ago '17        #14
DavidTheMan 
Props total: 22091 22 K  Slaps total: 12211 12 K
sh*t isnt getting made dont get your hopes up

He hasnt done anything of note since flopping with chappie
+1   

2 months ago '16        #15
TrillSp 
Props total: 24519 24 K  Slaps total: 2228 2 K
�� bet

2 months ago '14        #16
DavidAames  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 28458 28 K  Slaps total: 1233 1 K
 DavidTheMan said
sh*t isnt getting made dont get your hopes up

He hasnt done anything of note since flopping with chappie
Yeah Chappie sucked.

But he’s been recently droppin short movies on YouTube which are Fire.

He’s actually dropping some new sh*t next month i believe And has already said on a recent interview that it’s taken 10 years or so to write the script for the sequel…
+1   

2 months ago '17        #17
DavidTheMan 
Props total: 22091 22 K  Slaps total: 12211 12 K
 DavidAames said
Yeah Chappie sucked.

But he’s been recently droppin short movies on YouTube which are Fire.

He’s actually dropping some new sh*t next month i believe And has already said on a recent interview that it’s taken 10 years or so to write the script for the sequel…
He is rrleasing this to try to get interest and a studio to bite, but after he lost the alien reboot/sequel its clear to see he is on the fringes now.
+1   

2 months ago '19        #18
ym7171yea  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 14211 14 K  Slaps total: 3098 3 K
Weren't all this guys movies after district 9 terrible

2 months ago '19        #19
Megaman 
Props total: 5583 5 K  Slaps total: 6181 6 K
A lot of the strength of Blomkamp's films is that they are shot in South Africa, and they expose the viewer to that culture and atmosphere. District 9 and Chappie are good examples of this. District 9 was such a unique looking production when it dropped. There was and still isn't anything like it.

Not sure how he'll recapture the original shock and disbelief of the original if they shoot it in the US with US actors. Hopefully he keeps it far away from Hollywood, as they will destroy it with their corny woke pedophile transhumanist culture.
+2   

2 months ago '07        #20
Damagegadget  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 56869 56 K  Slaps total: 7124 7 K
As if 9 wasn’t el mariel iykyk

2 months ago '07        #21
Damagegadget  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 56869 56 K  Slaps total: 7124 7 K
 Megaman said
A lot of the strength of Blomkamp's films is that they are shot in South Africa, and they expose the viewer to that culture and atmosphere. District 9 and Chappie are good examples of this. District 9 was such a unique looking production when it dropped. There was and still isn't anything like it.

Not sure how he'll recapture the original shock and disbelief of the original if they shoot it in the US with US actors. Hopefully he keeps it far away from Hollywood, as they will destroy it with their corny woke pedophile transhumanist culture.
Does it? Cause the afrikaaners in such a capacity would have been what some see as white(to note Chinese have declared as “black” there most people don’t understand these color codes are caste designation). Tho the accent on screen is somewhat South African the idea most people received was that the aliens were the dark skinned people of the world under Europeans

But Afrikaans are .. European

2 months ago '05        #22
Micheal C. Will  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 99071 99 K  Slaps total: 12773 12 K
I mean are we still going to find out what happen with Wikus?

He still waiting for dude to come back with the cure

+2   

2 months ago '17        #23
dubsax 
Props total: 53611 53 K  Slaps total: 4506 4 K
his oats studio page one youtube had some short story heat

2 months ago '06        #24
Addled Thoughts 
Props total: 629 629  Slaps total: 112 112
D9 is a true classic. I'm actually hype for this.

2 months ago '15        #25
fanwrestlingyea 
Props total: 664 664  Slaps total: 36 36

+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+67online now  39
Video inside Drake - Buffalo Freestyle Ft Benny The Butcher Official Audio
116 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  32
Image(s) inside Apples creativity died with Steve Jobs
94 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
online now  21
Video inside Mase In A Heated Exchange On Club House: Nas Vs Andre 3000|North Vs Sou..
303 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+158online now  14
Video inside Fawkin’ MOOLIES!!!!
62 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy