Nike Files Lawsuit Against Drip Creationz For Trademark Infringement

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section gear

2 months ago '18        #1
4868 page views
53 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x107
Props total: 129542 129 K  Slaps total: 5738 5 K
Nike Files Lawsuit Against Drip Creationz For Trademark Infringement

"If y’all thought Nike was done suing people for customizing their classic kicks, think again.

After taking Lil Nas X and Warren Lotas to court over their remixes of some of their timeless silhouettes, Nike has now filed a lawsuit against Customs By Ilene, Inc a.k.a Drip Creationz for daring to re-imagine some Air Force 1’s. According to TFL, Nike has slapped a trademark infringement suit against CBI for profiting off of “knockoff Air Force 1-style shoes that it refers to as ‘D1’ shoes.”

Not only did Nike dismiss the customs as knockoffs, but even criticized the designs saying “crooked proportions, messy stitching, cheap details, and [are] taller than the real Air Force 1 shoes.”

Talk about sh*tting on someone else’s artwork. Nike out here just offending people’s hard work. Still, while it seems like Nike is trying to take away people’s artistic freedom when it comes to their product, they try to explain that’s not their goal and simply don’t want people getting dupped into thinking these are official Nike products and turning a profit on their name.

“Nike claims that “it has no desire to limit the individual expression of creatives and artisans, many of whom are some of Nike’s biggest fans.” At the same time, though, it says that it “cannot allow ‘customizers’ like Drip Creationz to build a business on the backs of its most iconic trademarks, undermining the value of those marks and the message they convey to consumers.”

Um, ok.

While Nike can say they don’t want to keep people from creating their own remixed versions of these Nike sneakers, these lawsuits will almost certainly make people think twice before trying to create new and exciting custom colorways and designs of some of Nike’s hottest kicks. If only Nike put this much effort into keeping bots off their app…"

visit this link https://hiphopwired.com/9 .. -infringement/
+4   

best
worst
53 comments

2 months ago '10        #2
ironhead  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 27264 27 K  Slaps total: 2640 2 K

Your welcome
+31   

2 months ago '06        #3
whammy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 18658 18 K  Slaps total: 1220 1 K
You have to be bold to sell custom AF1s right alongside your bootleg AF1s.
+19   

2 months ago '06        #4
LYTE 
Props total: 24089 24 K  Slaps total: 2093 2 K
So what makes Bapes or Kiy different?
+14   

2 months ago '05        #5
youngsolja561 
Props total: 685 685  Slaps total: 248 248
It seems the problem with "Drip Creationz" is that they were selling fake AF1 as customs
+8   

2 months ago '20        #6
gangasanta 
Props total: 5720 5 K  Slaps total: 617 617
with all due respect fu*k NIKE. ITs been 50 plus years and n*ggas still giving their money to these cooperation's.
If Jordan was separate from Nike they would be valued almost the same.
My point is fu*k Nike, LVMH and all these white owned companies we be k*lling ourselves over. Lets get black owned and buy black owned. Thats all i gotta say
+26   

2 months ago '17        #7
dubsax 
Props total: 53615 53 K  Slaps total: 4506 4 K
 gangasanta said
with all due respect fu*k NIKE. ITs been 50 plus years and n*ggas still giving their money to these cooperation's.
My point is fu*k Nike, LVMH and all these white owned companies we be k*lling ourselves over. Lets get black owned and buy black owned. Thats all i gotta say
Thought about this while watching power book 3 seeing all the old brands I wore back in high school.

In all honesty black people are the problem with black brands. The second they are no longer what new and hot they are kicked to the curb. We dont let them have a period to evolve or even any leeway to fail. Its just on to the next.

If I had the bread I would buy the rights to Cross Colors update the designs and bring it back.
But all of those brands the Kani, the Fubu etc all are never given a period to adjust to the changing trends as soon as its not as popular or something newer comes along its off to bargain bin hell with no more support to be found.
+21   

2 months ago '11        #8
bonez79  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 37524 37 K  Slaps total: 8510 8 K
 gangasanta said
Master P gave you nixxas Moneyatti but you nixxas don't support him.
+33   

2 months ago '10        #9
shawntitan 
Props total: 3686 3 K  Slaps total: 449 449
 youngsolja561 said
It seems the problem with "Drip Creationz" is that they were selling fake AF1 as customs
This… if they limited themselves to buying actual Nike products and customizing them for resale, they’d probably be ok. You can’t make a fake AF1 “customize it” and expect Nike isn’t going to have a problem
+4   

2 months ago '14        #10
Aquas 
Props total: 2643 2 K  Slaps total: 774 774
 bonez79 said
Lol because he made the shoes look like fake high ends. Why everytime n*ggas have their own shoeline they just ripoff other brands? sh*t makes -23 sense.
+4   

2 months ago '20        #11
Novacane 
Props total: 4996 4 K  Slaps total: 1997 1 K
 dubsax said
Thought about this while watching power book 3 seeing all the old brands I wore back in high school.

In all honesty black people are the problem with black brands. The second they are no longer what new and hot they are kicked to the curb. We dont let them have a period to evolve or even any leeway to fail. Its just on to the next.

If I had the bread I would buy the rights to Cross Colors update the designs and bring it back.
But all of those brands the Kani, the Fubu etc all are never given a period to adjust to the changing trends as soon as its not as popular or something newer comes along its off to bargain bin hell with no more support to be found.
Black people only find value in what the white man has. Until that brainwashing stops it won’t change
+6   

2 months ago '06        #12
Kingme 
Props total: 20126 20 K  Slaps total: 3549 3 K
 dubsax said

Bro, that's not it.

Black Fashion is like Black slang, once too many white people catch on, it's time to let it go.

Woke, Cancel, Fresh, Bad, Bling, Playa etc. Cross Colors, Kani, FUBU, etc. Once white people start rocking it or saying it, it's no longer cool.
+3   

2 months ago '21        #13
BlaqPanfa 
Props total: 5755 5 K  Slaps total: 786 786
 bonez79 said
That’s exactly my issue. Black people are always quick to say “support black businesses”, but when those black business ARE created, other black people still don’t support, they just find a way to criticize them, even when there’s nothing to criticize. Or they’ll try to find some stupid excuse to get out of supporting you, they be like “SIXTY DOLLARS JUST FOR A T-SHIRT?!?! ARE YOU CRAZY?! Karen’s selling the same thing for only $59.99 plus $12 postage”. And then they’ll go buy from Karen instead

You could be selling drinks for $5 two steps away from your friend, and they’ll STILL go drive to the store 5000 miles away and buy it for $7.50 instead just so you won’t benefit.

What I’ve come to realize from my own experiences, what I’ve hard, seen, etc, people ain’t sh*t & they just say certain things for the sake of it but they don’t really mean it. A lot of black people don’t like to see other black people doing well, and they definitely don’t like to see other black people doing better than themselves. The majority of the people that I’ve heard say “black people should do this & that” are the same people that never support black people in reality. They’re just all mouth & talking for the sake of it but deep down it’s just words. Many black bookstores, black hair product stores, corner stores, clothes makers etc go out of business a year, all because certain black people refuse to help people that look exactly like them. Jealously & self hatred in my opinion.

We need to stop treating other races better than our own, it’s bigger than business

Last edited by BlaqPanfa; 07-25-2021 at 07:31 PM..
+8   

2 months ago '21        #14
BackInTheSaddle 
Props total: 2990 2 K  Slaps total: 1585 1 K
 gangasanta said
yo go grab some of them master p kicks see how the n*ggas in your hood react

2 months ago '21        #15
BlaqPanfa 
 BackInTheSaddle said
yo go grab some of them master p kicks see how the n*ggas in your hood react
If you’re truly secure with yourself, then n*ggas in your hoods reaction shouldn’t even bother you. Are you wearing those kicks because YOU like them…or to impress n*ggas in your hood? If the former, you have no reason to care what they think
+9   

2 months ago '21        #16
BlaqPanfa 
I’ve never got dressed to impressed & said to myself “Man…I hope my n*ggas love this outfit on me”
+1   

2 months ago '21        #17
BlaqPanfa 
Pause

2 months ago '21        #18
BackInTheSaddle 
Props total: 2990 2 K  Slaps total: 1585 1 K
 BlaqPanfa said
If you’re truly secure with yourself, then n*ggas in your hoods reaction shouldn’t even bother you. Are you wearing those kicks because YOU like them…or to impress n*ggas in your hood? If the former, you have no reason to care what they think
no secure man gives a fu*k what others think
but if you wearing them master p kicks you gonna get laughed at no matter how you try to spin it there percy

2 months ago '21        #19
BlaqPanfa 
^ that comment goes along with what I said in my prior comment

People will clown kicks made by a black man but gladly buy Balenciaga orthopedic looking kicks just because of the price. Expensive automatically equals drip in certains people’s eyes, but it’s not what you wear, it’s how you wear it
+10   

2 months ago '21        #20
BlaqPanfa 
If Tom, d*ck & Harry starting saying “Moneyattis are the hottest kicks out right now”, all of a sudden Jamal, Tyrone & nem will start buying them up. That’s how it usually goes unfortunately
+1   

2 months ago '21        #21
BlaqPanfa 
Black people set the trends. If black people still rocked FUBU, white people would be doing the same thing because whatever we do, they find cool

But somehow, we still see black designers beneath white high fashion designers, so black people always go running back to them. An upper class person in Karl Kani is seen as ghetto, yet a broke a*s n*gga from the block dressed in Louis Vuitton APPEARS rich so people respect that. Black people only care about appearances & what other people think of them
+8   

2 months ago '21        #22
BlaqPanfa 
If Moneyattis were Nike branded, n*ggas would love them. But because people know it’s Master P owned, they hate it. This happens all the time with black businesses. This is why some refuse to publicize the owner, or make a white person the FACE of the business, cause n*ggas hate for no reason & won’t support them but will a white face
+6   

2 months ago '05        #23
Okay.Player 
Props total: 184 184  Slaps total: 31 31
 LYTE said
So what makes Bapes or Kiy different?
Nike purchased a stake in BAPE

Last edited by Okay.Player; 07-25-2021 at 09:12 PM..

2 months ago '06        #24
LYTE 
Props total: 24089 24 K  Slaps total: 2093 2 K
 gangasanta said
Jordan didn't have that foresight to believe in himself how Ewing did. The irony was as a child, I didn't respect Ewing's. Clowned people with them. As an adult, I realized and respected Ewing's.

dubsax said

We feel like we need European fashion.

BlaqPanfa said
If Moneyattis were Nike branded, n*ggas would love them. But because people know it’s Master P owned, they hate it. This happens all the time with black businesses. This is why some refuse to publicize the owner, or make a white person the FACE of the business, cause n*ggas hate for no reason & won’t support them but will a white face
Maybe this is the key.
You don't see the owner of Nike or them brands bragging about the brand. They just create product and give brands their own life. While we tend to make the brand an extension of us.
+3   

2 months ago '17        #25
JacobWatch  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 46302 46 K  Slaps total: 3162 3 K
 youngsolja561 said
Yea the shoe looks clean and the materials look good, but those are not af1’s made in a Nike factory at all.
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+68online now  26
Video inside Drake - Buffalo Freestyle Ft Benny The Butcher Official Audio
119 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  25
Image(s) inside Apples creativity died with Steve Jobs