Critics of the dark knight rises. What are your main complaints?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 months ago '15        #1
850 page views
30 comments

Mtyjoejnblkblnd  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 49315 49 K  Slaps total: 5822 5 K
Critics of the dark knight rises. What are your main complaints?

what are some of your best arguments against this film?
+1   

best
worst
30 comments

2 months ago '15        #2
Preacher Mane  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 62226 62 K  Slaps total: 3967 3 K
Bale’s Batman was an under prepared, crybaby simp that was caught off guard far too much and was constantly overwhelmed. It was an issue in TDK but it was on full display in TDKR.

Regular street guys got the best of him multiple times. The Joker, Bane, Catwoman and even Talia outsmarted him without him having the slightest clue of what was going on. It happened in the comic sure but he was always on top of sh*t. Lackluster writing for someone who’s M.O. is being over prepared so he doesn’t underachieve.

Last edited by Preacher Mane; 07-24-2021 at 05:40 PM..
+18   

2 months ago '07        #3
TH35 
Props total: 38433 38 K  Slaps total: 4156 4 K
Pacing
+10   

2 months ago '16        #4
Proveone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 76540 76 K  Slaps total: 4888 4 K
 Mtyjoejnblkblnd said
what are some of your best arguments against this film?
Movie was

I joke I kid, Baines motivations at the end were lame as fu*k. Movie fu*king fell apart at the end

Last edited by Proveone; 07-24-2021 at 06:05 PM..
+3   

2 months ago '17        #5
1Oh 
Props total: 36101 36 K  Slaps total: 1577 1 K
Bane was cool 2/3rds of the movie, then he went this simp route which diminished everything about him. The transition to Talia being promoted to main villain felt flimsy considering all of the good equity they built with Bane for most of the movie.

Catwoman was forgettable.

Terrible f*ght choreography. The editing errors in TDKR are notorious on the internet.

Bloated, runtime longer than it needed to be.

The inconsistency of Bruce Wayne's physical status over a short period of time (5 months). He started the movie broken, then got back into shape with the help of cybernetics, then got his spine shattered by Bane, imprisoned in another country, then escaped prison in prime shape, got back into Gotham kitted up as Batman, and beat Bane hand to hand...but it didn't seem like Bruce changed his strategy at all to beat Bane considering how the first f*ght turned out. It just seemed like Batman won the 2nd f*ght because the plot needed it to happen, and not how Batman typically has to beat Bane in the comics/cartoons. It was overall a missed opportunity and quite unrealistic for the established Nolan-verse.

The "Robin" wink at the end was eyerolling and unnecessary.

Not a bad movie, just the worst of the Dark Knight trilogy and could've been better.
+7   

2 months ago '16        #6
mobchip 
Props total: 10400 10 K  Slaps total: 1338 1 K
I don't think Catwoman was needed. Catwoman leads Batman into a trap that could have been Miranda Tate and Bane's plan all of long. It would have been incredible as Miranda relieved herself as Talia al Ghul after Bane wrecks Batman. So, Miranda Tate is the CEO of Wayne Enterprises while Bane controls the armory of The Batman, while Bruce is in an inescapable prison.

Now, Batwoman would have easily been introduced as a stand-in to help control Gotham. Eight- years...Bruce could have trained a partner and have them undercover as a Gotham city officer. Fox gives access to the new armory to batwoman

Anyways, what happens is Bane vs Batman. Talia al Ghul vs Batwoman.
Bruce retires in the end.
+2   

2 months ago '06        #7
aussie08 
Props total: 7945 7 K  Slaps total: 616 616
The f*ghts scenes were terrible. Slow, lumbering punches.
+7   

2 months ago '20        #8
D1dnt read  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 24364 24 K  Slaps total: 6018 6 K
liked the movie, but rewatching it now, some of the dialogue was cheesy and some questionable acting in some areas

on a side note tho, I saw this video of the bane vs batman f*ght with the sound redone and a bit of visual effects (minor camera shakes) to accentuate every hit

sh*t makes a big difference and really puts emphasis on the a*s whooping batman got
+7   

2 months ago '17        #9
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 76093 76 K  Slaps total: 26111 26 K
The writing and honestly so many other aspects of that movie fall apart in that 3rd act. Bane being merely a lackey to Talia was trash as fu*k. The whole Robin thing was absolute garbage from top to bottom. Either do Robin or dont.
+7   

2 months ago '07        #10
r.burgundy 
Props total: 26468 26 K  Slaps total: 4617 4 K
Had the most anticlimactic end f*ght in movie history. All that for bane to get shot with a missile lol
+7   

2 months ago '10        #11
Zone Out 
Props total: 2405 2 K  Slaps total: 812 812
 TH35 said
Pacing
Close thread
+1   

2 months ago '07        #12
Daville502 
Props total: 7770 7 K  Slaps total: 490 490
Editing. Some of the cuts were bad especially right before and after scarecrow is doing his court thing.
+2   

2 months ago '04        #13
Dash  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 90187 90 K  Slaps total: 6543 6 K
The whole bomb premise has been done to death

I thought it was laziness on the part of Chris Nolan who obviously wanted his Batman run to be over with
+5   

2 months ago '17        #14
WHATEVERMAN 
Props total: 16627 16 K  Slaps total: 1729 1 K
 Preacher Mane said
Bale’s Batman was an under prepared, crybaby simp that was caught off guard far too much and was constantly overwhelmed. It was an issue in TDK but it was on full display in TDKR.

Regular street guys got the best of him multiple times. The Joker, Bane, Catwoman and even Talia outsmarted him without him having the slightest clue of what was going on. It happened in the comic sure but he was always on top of sh*t. Lackluster writing for someone who’s M.O. is being over prepared so he doesn’t underachieve.
Agreed and this is why I always qualify that the Nolan Batman trilogy are good Batman movies, but not good Batman stories. Dude almost never did any real detective work versus the comics or the animated series where that's what he was doing 90% of the story.
+1   

2 months ago '04        #15
GodsFavorite 
Props total: 8841 8 K  Slaps total: 1344 1 K
I liked it but my biggest complaint was that it was so rushed that nothing emotional landed because the scenes didn’t have a second to breathe. Any line of dialogue or event that was supposed to have an impact was just swept away to get to the next scene as quickly as possible
+1   

2 months ago '15        #16
A T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 13866 13 K  Slaps total: 2144 2 K
Catwoman k*lling Bane.

The whole Robin bullsh*t.

The pick your own(he died/he didn't die) ending

The sh*t with the Pit scenes(and idea as a whole) especially the without the rope scene are some of my all-time favorite movie scenes though
+1   

2 months ago '19        #17
NoFuxGvn 
Props total: 2794 2 K  Slaps total: 133 133
I agree that Bale was whiny as fu*k. All depressed and sh*t. That was very disappointing among many other things listed already
+1   

2 months ago '11        #18
QB Eagles  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 19786 19 K  Slaps total: 4764 4 K
Imagine if Nolan ended with The Dark Knight
+1   

2 months ago '05        #19
Muggz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 17675 17 K  Slaps total: 5050 5 K
i never got the hate. i thought it was dope. i think ppl mad that dark knight was better and ppl always wantin more cause they greedy

2 months ago '11        #20
FcukItImOnOne 
Props total: 1579 1 K  Slaps total: 203 203
imho I thought it was a pretty great capper you a great trilogy. The only real complaints I have are the same ones I have for the rest of the trilogy. The lack of clear and well-choreographed hand to hand combat. The first Bane f*ght is really the best and only great f*ght in the whole trilogy imo, which is funny & sad considering it’s in the same film as those bungled rooftops stunts. If it had more hand to hand f*ghts and a better final f*ght it’d be just as good if not better than TDK. TFKR is too long too. The plot should’ve been less complex - same criticism for half his films really.

Last edited by FcukItImOnOne; 07-25-2021 at 08:05 PM..

2 months ago '04        #21
STHRNcomfort 
Props total: 549 549  Slaps total: 162 162
parts felt forced. maybe related to the pacing comment above
+1   

2 months ago '07        #22
Cambury  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 36568 36 K  Slaps total: 16549 16 K
f*ght scenes were terrible.

Not enough gadgets.
+1   

2 months ago '15        #23
Mtyjoejnblkblnd  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
 Proveone said
Movie was

I joke I kid, Baines motivations at the end were lame as fu*k. Movie fu*king fell apart at the end
See that’s a huge complaint I have too.

This entire movie bane is a brutal mastermind badass genius then at the end all of a sudden he’s actually the number 2 to talia and he’s quiet in the corner crying while she unfolds the true master plan. It basically neutered the film’s primary villain in less than five minutes.
+1   

2 months ago '15        #24
Mtyjoejnblkblnd  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
 1Oh said
Bane was cool 2/3rds of the movie, then he went this simp route which diminished everything about him. The transition to Talia being promoted to main villain felt flimsy considering all of the good equity they built with Bane for most of the movie.

Catwoman was forgettable.

Terrible f*ght choreography. The editing errors in TDKR are notorious on the internet.

Bloated, runtime longer than it needed to be.

The inconsistency of Bruce Wayne's physical status over a short period of time (5 months). He started the movie broken, then got back into shape with the help of cybernetics, then got his spine shattered by Bane, imprisoned in another country, then escaped prison in prime shape, got back into Gotham kitted up as Batman, and beat Bane hand to hand...but it didn't seem like Bruce changed his strategy at all to beat Bane considering how the first f*ght turned out. It just seemed like Batman won the 2nd f*ght because the plot needed it to happen, and not how Batman typically has to beat Bane in the comics/cartoons. It was overall a missed opportunity and quite unrealistic for the established Nolan-verse.

The "Robin" wink at the end was eyerolling and unnecessary.

Not a bad movie, just the worst of the Dark Knight trilogy and could've been better.
+1   

2 months ago '05        #25
Tha Boss  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 106907 106 K  Slaps total: 38372 38 K
The fact the daughter came out of nowhere and became the ceo and Batman trusting her so fast.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+67online now  68
Video inside Drake - Buffalo Freestyle Ft Benny The Butcher Official Audio
115 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  23
Image(s) inside Apples creativity died with Steve Jobs
93 comments