Is Lauryn Hill the biggest disappointment of the 2000s

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
119 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

1 week ago '21        #1
351 page views
17 comments

Tracy Morgan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 1853 1 K  Slaps total: 688 688
Is Lauryn Hill the biggest disappointment of the 2000s

I feel like she should of been the biggest star in hip hop but the industry got to her.

I remember my moms and aunties playing her sh*t all the time.

She should made impact in music like mary j blige and be treated like an icon right now.

And have numerous projects that are considered classics in whatever genre she choose to make music in. She was mad talented.

+4   

best
worst
17 comments

1 week ago '19        #2
GetYaCoinsKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 43951 43 K  Slaps total: 7781 7 K
Yes but she still delivered several classics so i can't be mad.
+3   

1 week ago '04        #3
badboy600  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7970 7 K  Slaps total: 1026 1 K
What happened was she got way more credit for the miseducation album then she deserved and it went to her head
+13   

1 week ago '15        #4
PurpPetey 
Props total: 2552 2 K  Slaps total: 276 276
Definitely not a disappointment
+3   

1 week ago '19        #5
whitejesus 
Props total: 983 983  Slaps total: 77 77
she was blackballed my guy

1 week ago '21        #6
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 10291 10 K  Slaps total: 2713 2 K
Didn’t she make her mom call her MS LAUREN HILL

1 week ago '21        #7
Learnism  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 5425 5 K  Slaps total: 1540 1 K
The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill is the second best album ever made. And the unplugged album is the album ever made. Nothing else can top those two albums.

1 week ago '20        #8
rNSFuqyah 
Props total: 302 302  Slaps total: 126 126
Definitely not the biggest disappointed. For me that's probably Cam'ron but.. blame the lable

whitejesus said
she was blackballed my guy

Whispers of blackball by your competition, put out can cause an issue and make it to where you have a real issue but I saw in an interview she said she's good with the lable they good and she's good they're not rushing her and she's in no rush- it's been a while since I saw it but yeah

it's easy to become disenchanted with the music industry it's a lot of garbage that people do and ask you to deal with that you don't necessarily want to deal with as a creative.

There are alot of constraints that lables face that they are now trying to put on indie artist via distributors it's a mess

Her album was phenomenal I had it as a kid. Use to play it over and over. I don't know how you follow up the success that she and the Fugees had though and the maturity of the records .

She was so ready .

From a record label standpoint something that I have grown to understand is that a*set that you create is something that you look to draw profit from for a long time.

Artist change, the world changes but you still want that product that you put money into, that you've invested into to make money for you.

sometimes the direction that the artist might want to go in , you might feel isn't best for the catalog.

Questions the lable would as that could k*ll any artist chances
It's like when maintaining the catalog the next project that the artist is making and would have made is it as good as the last project . And if it's not you've now put more money into another project that you don't know will be as successful as the other one.

you don't know if it'll be as good as the last one and you've now got more songs and more liability to look after.

People like to say people are blackballed but at the end of the day if the people are fu*king with the music they can't blackballed you at the end of the day. they can try but if you're making good music it's going to get out and you just got to be versatile in your approach and willing to f*ght and die for your craft. If not you not a part of the conversation.

Long story short Lauryn Hill most definitely didn't disappoint me though. I wouldn't be the artist that I am if I hadn't listen to Lauryn Hill. I'm still listening to the miseducation

Last edited by rNSFuqyah; 07-21-2021 at 08:43 PM..
+1   

1 week ago '20        #9
rNSFuqyah 
What I like about hiphop is it doesn't forget people as easily as other genres - her star in my eyes is still just as big today as it was then. Timeless music can do that for you.

1 week ago '07        #10
Sincere730  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 60916 60 K  Slaps total: 6650 6 K
Ma$e ran away from the game
Id say he was more a disappointment

Lauryn jus didnt wanna sell out

1 week ago '21        #11
Tracy Morgan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
Props total: 1853 1 K  Slaps total: 688 688
 rNSFuqyah said
What I like about hiphop is it doesn't forget people as easily as other genres - her star in my eyes is still just as big today as it was then. Timeless music can do that for you.
Hip hop doesn't forget what the hell are you talking about?

White kids that love hip hop care about old school hip hop and will research it and everything.

But us we won't. These lil n*ggas dont care about the culture at all. Or the history.

And for other genres they show love to all their old artist. They probably dont listen to it everyday . But they respect and actually know something bout the artist. And dont say that sh*t mad old turn it off
+1   

1 week ago '04        #12
marcchrome  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 23681 23 K  Slaps total: 3636 3 K
 badboy600 said
What happened was she got way more credit for the miseducation album then she deserved and it went to her head
Not gonna front ..her first album is a classic and any song on theire was and could have been a hit single........ but always felt she was overrated due to the fact that she only dropped one album.... the unplugged does not count to me.... there are many other female artist who were and are just as dope as her who did waaaaaay more work and have bigger catalogs from her era and now that deserve the same praise if not more... just my take...
+1   

1 week ago '04        #13
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 11791 11 K  Slaps total: 2762 2 K
umm i guess one could make a sound argument like that

but for some reason that i cant quite pinpoint, i think she has given the world ust the right amount of material n i have zero problem knowing that theres gonna be zero new music from her
+1   

1 week ago '20        #14
Gen Anti Fruit  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 67275 67 K  Slaps total: 3579 3 K
 Tracy Morgan said

White kids that love hip hop care about old school hip hop and will research it and everything.

But us we won't. These lil n*ggas dont care about the culture at all. Or the history.

And for other genres they show love to all their old artist. They probably dont listen to it everyday . But they respect and actually know something bout the artist. And dont say that sh*t mad old turn it off
Yeah itís kind of a shame how legends canít even get a tour in their own country but go to any other Continent and get love like itís still their era.

Most of the 90ís dudes & even some 80ís couldnít book a US tour to save their life but go to Europe and do a Festival or Packed Discos & Clubs back to back,

Maybe not now off of Covid but Europe & Asia stayed keeping old heads eating and treated with the proper respects. We spoiled in the US we birthed it but we donít give a sh*t we just want more and new. Itís really crazy. I really donít think there is another genre of music that is so disrespectful to its founders.

Even the death Metal and Satanic Music muthafu*kas respect their OGís and dudes that paved the way but Hip Hop is ďYouíre old and not on TV or a Zillionaire? Shut the fu*k upĒ

Disrespectful Hip Hop more Punk Rock than Punk Rock

+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 week ago '04        #15
skillahmang 
Props total: 52730 52 K  Slaps total: 10983 10 K
 GetYaCoinsKing said
Yes but she still delivered several classics so i can't be mad.
Several? More like a couple.
+1   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 week ago '18        #16
braze189 
Props total: 7183 7 K  Slaps total: 829 829
 Sincere730 said
Ma$e ran away from the game
Id say he was more a disappointment

Lauryn jus didnt wanna sell out
Agreed. I'd say Ma$e and Canibus were far greater disappointments to me. Neither one of them ever lived up to the potential they displayed in the beginning. Lauryn most definitely lived up to hers, then she chose to not play the game anymore.

1 week ago '21        #17
ImblackuNOT 
Props total: 1170 1 K  Slaps total: 492 492
Nah but you are because obviously that's the year you was born lmao

1 week ago '20        #18
rNSFuqyah 
 Tracy Morgan said

rNSFuqyah said

Where was black or white mentioned? Ever?

I'm sorry at this point I'm not even going to continue to address you. Go play with yourself. Don't play with me .

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-23online now  15
Whatever happen to that kristine leahy chick
55 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  11
The Ascent Reviews are in
225 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
+94online now  10
Video inside Jul 29 - Anti Vacc Restaurant Owner Interview With CNN Is Next Level
349 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+180online now  4
Video inside Da baby kicks questlove out of hiphop
329 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy