5 Classic Sneakers Worn By Michigan's Fab Five

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+18  95
47 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section gear

2 months ago '09        #1
2685 page views
35 comments

NLSP42  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 28293 28 K  Slaps total: 4768 4 K
5 Classic Sneakers Worn By Michigan's Fab Five

Via: visit this link http://picassobaby.com/20 .. gans-fab-five/

Air Jordan IX

The Fab Five wore alot of icon shoes during their run, but we start the list off with a classic Air Jordan. Obviously Michael Jordan would have been the first person wearing these in the NBA, had he not retired in the fall of 1993. The first NCAA player to wear the famous Air Jordan IXs was none other than Michigan point guard Jalen Rose. Chris Webber had just been drafted number #1 in the NBA draft, and it was Rose’s time to shine and lead the wolverines. What better way to take the lead role than with a new pair of Jordans no one else had.

Nike Air Command Force 180

AKA The Billy Hoyles. Technically, Webber did not wear the Billy Hoyles while a Michigan Wolverine (although it actually would have matched the jersey nicely). Webber did however, wear these shoes while a senior at Detroit Country Day during the days Steve Fisher was recruiting him. These shoes were the highest retail priced shoe in the market, and only the biggest big ballers could afford them. Webber was an All-American his senior year and one of the greatest high school power forwards that played high school ball in the 90s. There really was no better shoe that suited him.

Nike Air Huarache

In the last 19 years of the shoes’ history, a lot of famous players have worn one of the many the Nike AIr Huarache models. Kobe Bryant did, Scottie Pippen did, Reggie Miller did, John Startks did and a number of other NBA greats. No player or moment though was bigger in 1992, then when a group of five fabulous freshman took the court in the 1992 March Madness tournament. Everyone that was watching the tourney was watching those freshman, and guess what they had on their feet: Nike Air Huaraches. And Nike had nothing to do it.

Nike Air Max 180

The Fab Five brought out the short black ankle socks (a trend that began with them) to match these Nike Air Max 180s. The Fab Five wore these during their second Final Four appearance in 1993, and was the shoe that Chris Webber was wearing at the time of his famous time out call when they did not have any timeouts available. A classic 1990s basketball worn by Charles Barkley, Will Smith and others has been so popular over the years that it has been retroed multiple times over.

Nike Air Flight Maestro

Another early 90s classic. In case you forgot, the second version of this shoe, an all red model was worn by Scottie Pippen in the 1994 NBA All Star Game in which he also won the MVP. These are the first model and a pair that the Fab Five wore during the 1992-1993 season. Pippen also loved shoe and wore them during a bunch of Chicago Bulls games in 1993. In 1992, these looked dope, and now in 2021, these still look just as dope.
+28   

best
worst
35 comments

2 months ago '16        #2
Saginaw 
Props total: 2784 2 K  Slaps total: 441 441
Them air max 180s was my favorite shoe and a n*gga stole them smh I'm still disgusted
+25   

2 months ago '16        #3
Annakinsnow 
Props total: 955 955  Slaps total: 220 220
One of the most overrated squads in the history of the game.

2 months ago '15        #4
Mozart 
Props total: 6676 6 K  Slaps total: 733 733
Nike Air Force Max
+3   

2 months ago '15        #5
Mozart 
 Annakinsnow said
So as freshman and sophomores they played in consecutive championship games in 92 and 93 but they’re the “Most Overrated”?

Nice hot take buddy

+29   

2 months ago '18        #6
braze189 
Props total: 7620 7 K  Slaps total: 893 893
 Annakinsnow said
You came EARLY with the bullsh*t. One of em fu*ked on your moms?
+9   

2 months ago '16        #7
Annakinsnow 
Props total: 955 955  Slaps total: 220 220
 Mozart said
So as freshman and sophomores they played in consecutive championship games in 92 and 93 but they’re the “Most Overrated”?

Nice hot take buddy

No hot take.I didnt say they weren’t relevant just over rated. Got smacked in the first game and choked in legendary fashion the second. Got their banners stripped and outside of Webber none of them had noteworthy pro careers based on the hype. But I guess their legends cuz they had bald heads and wore black socks. Give me UNLV early 90s squad over the fab five anyday

2 months ago '15        #8
Mozart 
 Annakinsnow said
No hot take.I didnt say they weren’t relevant just over rated. Got smacked in the first game and choked in legendary fashion the second. Got their banners stripped and outside of Webber none of them had noteworthy pro careers based on the hype. But I guess their legends cuz they had bald heads and wore black socks. Give me UNLV early 90s squad over the fab five anyday
Again, five freshman who went to the championship game. I can’t fault them for losing against Duke, they got beat by a HOF coach and a great college team.

Duke was also the defending champion from the previous year so there’s no shame in losing to them.

Their second year Webber made a mistake, it happens.

That UNLV squad were beast! What’d they do in the pros tho?

Juwan Howard and Jalen had solid careers, and of course Webber did too.

Yes the Fab Five did take money, that’s what players did and what players do and none of my business.
+11   

2 months ago '20        #9
gam3tit3 
Props total: 7278 7 K  Slaps total: 2099 2 K
n*ggaz didn't match at all lol
+1   

2 months ago '20        #10
Young Destro55 
Props total: 2196 2 K  Slaps total: 188 188
Huaraches were the best, I got the all black ones in the 10th grade
+5   

2 months ago '06        #11
ohdosraders1 
Props total: 858 858  Slaps total: 41 41
Always wanted a new pair of the 180’s

2 months ago '18        #12
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 43604 43 K  Slaps total: 3747 3 K
Used to sneak and wear my brother's maestros to school. He had them sh*ts and the andre agassis with the pink fireball. I want those agassis in a bad way man.
+1   

2 months ago '07        #13
acwmich 
Props total: 2754 2 K  Slaps total: 866 866
 Mozart said
Again, five freshman who went to the championship game. I can’t fault them for losing against Duke, they got beat by a HOF coach and a great college team.

Duke was also the defending champion from the previous year so there’s no shame in losing to them.

Yes the Fab Five did take money, that’s what players did and what players do and none of my business.
Unc you mean and montross and george lynch had good pro careers they were a veteran physical team with a hof coach as well webber play was dumb but jts not the reason they lost.

2 months ago '21        #14
Tjerrell 
Props total: 66 66  Slaps total: 4 4
 Young Destro55 said
Huaraches were the best, I got the all black ones in the 10th grade
I hate the lows but if I ever find a pair of the mids I’m coppin
+1   

2 months ago '15        #15
kaydot901 
Props total: 4045 4 K  Slaps total: 190 190
 Saginaw said
Them air max 180s was my favorite shoe and a n*gga stole them smh I'm still disgusted
Damn homie, some n*ggas be on roach mode from the womb,I hate that happened to you, I know the feeling. This is one of my top 5,the last couple retros are everything but the fab ones,navy & wheat both. I need this & the maestro.
+1   

2 months ago '15        #16
Mozart 
 acwmich said
Unc you mean and montross and george lynch had good pro careers they were a veteran physical team with a hof coach as well webber play was dumb but jts not the reason they lost.
I’m gonna need you to look at the careers and stats of the players I mentioned versus the players that you mentioned before you reply to me.

Michigan was down by two points with possession when C Webb called the timeout. That’s a huge reason why they lost.

At this point I think you’re trolling me

2 months ago '19        #17
WestPittsburg 
Props total: 15767 15 K  Slaps total: 3079 3 K
 Saginaw said
Wouldn't mind a fresh pair
+1   

2 months ago '19        #18
WestPittsburg 
 Mozart said

Chris webber was raw as fu*k and Jalen rose had a pretty damn good career Howard was mehhh

2 months ago '06        #19
Big Bear 
Props total: 45550 45 K  Slaps total: 9623 9 K
 Annakinsnow said
They got paid to lose
Gambling rule college ball

2 months ago '15        #20
Mozart 
 WestPittsburg said
Chris webber was raw as fu*k and Jalen rose had a pretty damn good career Howard was mehhh
Go check the stats, Webb and Howard had similar points and rebounds averages for their first 5 years in the league.

Howard also had a long solid career.
+1   

2 months ago '16        #21
Hoggystyle  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 80381 80 K  Slaps total: 8820 8 K
The fu*k happened to nike their designs used to be so good back then now they just look like plastic bags filled with rocks and sand with ott multicolours
+2   

2 months ago '07        #22
OVERLORD 
Props total: 21994 21 K  Slaps total: 6890 6 K
i got the nike air hurache

i need the Nike Air Command Force 180 in my collection.

2 months ago '06        #23
Big Bear 
Props total: 45550 45 K  Slaps total: 9623 9 K
 Hoggystyle said
The fu*k happened to nike their designs used to be so good back then now they just look like plastic bags filled with rocks and sand with ott multicolours
They know the sheep will buy whatever they put out

So they said fu*k it

2 months ago '19        #24
WestPittsburg 
 Mozart said
Go check the stats, Webb and Howard had similar points and rebounds averages for their first 5 years in the league.

Howard also had a long solid career.
Lemme put it this way Webber is much more well remembered then juwans boring a*s

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '19        #25
OaklandSmokin 
Props total: 4087 4 K  Slaps total: 228 228
Mike Air Max 180s are in my top 10 of all time. I get a pair everytime the release

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  24
Image(s) inside Kanye West's New Yeezys Roasted On Twitter, Fans Say They Look Like Ba..
142 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+75online now  16
😳 🐋 Floating (dead) Whale explodes in ocean
70 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  11
Image(s) inside Hurricane Chris announces he's back to take the rap game