Why are speed camera citations in D.C. so high?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
10 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

4 months ago '20        #1
1410 page views
43 comments

MrDarkCloud  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 23444 23 K  Slaps total: 4908 4 K
Why are speed camera citations in D.C. so high?

Listen, I love my city. But these two $150.00 camera citations I got in the mail are NOT the business. And why does the sh*t double if I don't pay within a month? So if I say fu*k it (or inadvertently forget about them), that is $600.00...for a fu*king CAMERA citation. What the fu*k?

D.C. - I love you but please GET IT TOGETHER. And it's even more retarded that just across the line - P.G. County's citations are only $40.00.

I know people been complaining about this but has there ever been any type of justification for this high a*s sh*t?
+16   

best
worst
43 comments

4 months ago '05        #2
R4P  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 6347 6 K  Slaps total: 666 666
 MrDarkCloud said
Listen, I love my city. But these two $150.00 camera citations I got in the mail are NOT the business. And why does the sh*t double if I don't pay within a month? So if I say fu*k it (or inadvertently forget about them), that is $600.00...for a fu*king CAMERA citation. What the fu*k?

D.C. - I love you but please GET IT TOGETHER. And it's even more retarded that just across the line - P.G. County's citations are only $40.00.

I know people been complaining about this but has there ever been any type of justification for this high a*s sh*t?
They make millions per year on it thats why
+18   

4 months ago '20        #3
MrDarkCloud  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5 OP
 R4P said
They make millions per year on it thats why
This is where I'm confused. Where's the money going? Because it's clearly not going back into the city lol.
+10   

4 months ago '05        #4
chrismb  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 73029 73 K  Slaps total: 21663 21 K
hate driving into dc every morning to work
+10   

4 months ago '19        #5
unit321  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 43938 43 K  Slaps total: 9230 9 K
 MrDarkCloud said

Well, they put in a high penalty if you don't pay in a month so you will pay in a month.
If the penalty were $1, it would be laughable. If the penalty were double, then it would possibly make you pay in a month.

4 months ago '05        #6
 MrDarkCloud said
This is where I'm confused. Where's the money going? Because it's clearly not going back into the city lol.
Just one of the many white collar scams going on today my brother
+14   

4 months ago '19        #7
aaf192020  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 50758 50 K  Slaps total: 5206 5 K
DC gotta make money anyway they can. One of the last times I was out there I was trying to take photos with my family by the Monument. Pulled up next to a tourist bus and hopped out. Cop immediately jumps on me a gave me a ticket no questions asked. I'm like "Bro I'm just gonna get back in my car" he wasn't having it. I go to tear up the ticket and he put his hand on his gun. I'm like oh he one of these one's.

So I just drove my happy azz to my aunt's and never paid that shxt. It don't show up on my L's so I don't care.
+7   

4 months ago '20        #8
 chrismb said
hate driving into dc every morning to work
Before COVID and we were commuting, this is precisely why I stayed on WMATA. It's a riot but man, I could never drive throughout the city like that.
+5   

4 months ago '05        #9
 MrDarkCloud said
Before COVID and we were commuting, this is precisely why I stayed on WMATA. It's a riot but man, I could never drive throughout the city like that.
Lowkey miss taking the metro to work sometimes even with all the delays, piss, bums, f*ghts etc that pissed me off it was cool to just pop my headphones in and zone out/nap on the way to/from work
+8   

4 months ago '20        #10
 R4P said
Lowkey miss taking the metro to work sometimes even with all the delays, piss, bums, f*ghts etc that pissed me off it was cool to just pop my headphones in and zone out/nap on the way to/from work
You musta been on the ratchet a*s green line. Man, listen.

I'd take a train car that smells like straight up weed, piss, and some other abnormalities than to be getting these wack a*s citations in the mail.

I'm really sitting here about to pay $150.00. TWICE. I'm hot.
+11   

4 months ago '16        #11
Head Coach 
Props total: 11578 11 K  Slaps total: 1014 1 K
 aaf192020 said
DC gotta make money anyway they can. One of the last times I was out there I was trying to take photos with my family by the Monument. Pulled up next to a tourist bus and hopped out. Cop immediately jumps on me a gave me a ticket no questions asked. I'm like "Bro I'm just gonna get back in my car" he wasn't having it. I go to tear up the ticket and he put his hand on his gun. I'm like oh he one of these one's.

So I just drove my happy azz to my aunt's and never paid that shxt. It don't show up on my L's so I don't care.
That sounds like park police they r the worst in Dc
+4   

4 months ago '05        #12
 MrDarkCloud said
You musta been on the ratchet a*s green line. Man, listen.

I'd take a train car that smells like straight up weed, piss, and some other abnormalities than to be getting these wack a*s citations in the mail.

I'm really sitting here about to pay $150.00. TWICE. I'm hot.
it was the red/green line how u know LOL
+6   

4 months ago '19        #13
aaf192020  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 50758 50 K  Slaps total: 5206 5 K
 Head Coach said
That sounds like park police they r the worst in Dc
I think it was. The cop wasn't even from the area neither. I'm pretty sure he was from NYC.
+1   

4 months ago '17        #14
THExTAKEOVER 
Props total: 19718 19 K  Slaps total: 1756 1 K
It’s come to my attention that people don’t realize DC is it’s own entity in the US.

Kinda like the Federal Reserve it’s not part of the main US states and operates under its own law.
+4   

4 months ago '20        #15
Jikkles 
Props total: 1180 1 K  Slaps total: 98 98
You just reminded me I had some tickets from a few years back I need to pay. But yea them dc cameras suck
+1   

4 months ago '20        #16
 R4P said
it was the red/green line how u know LOL
I was JUST talking about the ghetto a*s green line on Friday.

I can't figure it out with that damn line. I don't know if it's cuz it goes deep through Southeast but that sh*t can't get itself right, either.

But I'd deal with that ghetto a*s sh*t instead of these damn citations lol
+1   

4 months ago '20        #17
 Jikkles said
You just reminded me I had some tickets from a few years back I need to pay. But yea them dc cameras suck
Double check them sh*ts and make sure they ain't double.

sh*t, they might have quadrupled at this point.
+1   

4 months ago '19        #18
Datcluety 
Props total: 944 944  Slaps total: 43 43
Shid I thought them thangs was up there to scare people. I fly past them sh*ts and in toll lanes and never got a ticket for it
+2   

4 months ago '06        #19
imthatinfamous  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 31934 31 K  Slaps total: 9152 9 K
probably because the overwhelming majority in your area speed
+2   

4 months ago '14        #20
Sense Maker  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 23470 23 K  Slaps total: 4619 4 K
Young. My wife got one on Kenilworth ave. 150 for being 6 miles over the trap limit. I have all the cameras in the city burnt into memory.
+4   

4 months ago '20        #21
 worldwide202 said
Young. My wife got one on Kenilworth ave. 150 for being 6 miles over the trap limit. I have all the cameras in the city burnt into memory.
LMAO. I think that's the same fu*kin camera that got me.

ETA: Yep. Paper says 1400 block on Kenilworth. I don't even know where that fu*kin camera is. Apparently it's right before you hop on 295.
+2   

4 months ago '18        #22
No Religion  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 34706 34 K  Slaps total: 2571 2 K
No matter where you live make sure y'all got the waze app, tells you all the speed traps and people report cops hidden in the cut 9/10.

MrDarkCloud said

Parking tickets are $100 in DC too. If you aren't going to dispute them pay em off so you don't fu*k up your credit, get your sh*t booted/towed or get your license snatch.

aaf192020 said

Keep an eye on your credit report because they will go to collections.

Last edited by No Religion; 07-19-2021 at 11:39 PM..
+4   

4 months ago '06        #23
authenic 
Props total: 5094 5 K  Slaps total: 1370 1 K
 MrDarkCloud said
I was JUST talking about the ghetto a*s green line on Friday.

I can't figure it out with that damn line. I don't know if it's cuz it goes deep through the Southeast but that sh*t can't get itself right, either.

But I'd deal with that ghetto a*s sh*t instead of these damn citations lol
its southeast bruh...and the blue/orange line too down that way too
+1   

4 months ago '06        #24
authenic 
Props total: 5094 5 K  Slaps total: 1370 1 K
 Datcluety said
Shid I thought them thangs was up there to scare people. I fly past them sh*ts and in toll lanes and never got a ticket for it
yea do that over by where the bridge collapsed ...you gonna pay 300 off top
+1   

4 months ago '14        #25
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 155057 155 K  Slaps total: 35386 35 K
@

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+102online now  21
Image(s) inside Picture of black hole released . Space is spooky
277 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+21online now  13
The Island Boys Get Boo'd While Performing At Club Liv In Miami
123 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+113online now  11
Despite everything, they made the time to show homie love…
106 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  7
Nov 25 - Welp son stabbed mom to death on indigenous people day
35 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy