Kilmat 80mil Sound Dampening

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
20 replies  @wild'ish

most viewed right now
+109  97
162 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section rides

2 months ago '06        #1
1258 page views
6 comments

~SHYNE~  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 3738 3 K  Slaps total: 556 556
Kilmat 80mil Sound Dampening

I was looking for sound dampening alternative to Dynamat that isn't as expensive.Checked a few videos online and saw Kilmat 80 mil material looked to be the best alternative.Ordered it off Amazon, believe it was 18 sq.ft for $30 and $9 for the roller.It's about double or more going with Dynamat for the same coverage.Package came with 9 sheets.It also has great heat resist quality so it won't come off due to high temps.

I was able to cover the trunk lid and trunk and still have 2 sheets left.Sounds great, outside of car sounds subdued, inside does sound louder.This dampening will also help with any drone from a future catback exhaust.This was done on 2013 Civic Si.Took me three hours start to finish including pulling trunk lid and trunk apart and getting it all back togther.

You will need dampening material, rubbing alcohol to wipe off metal for adhesion, a vacuum to suck up any trunk dirt,panel pry tools,measuring tape or ruler,a small hand roller and a exacto/razor/boxcutter.

Last edited by ~SHYNE~; 07-09-2021 at 09:39 PM..
+14   

best
worst
6 comments

2 months ago '18        #2
Losantana16x3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 22142 22 K  Slaps total: 3508 3 K
 ~SHYNE~ said
I was looking for sound dampening alternative to Dynamat that isn't as expensive.Checked a few videos online and saw Kilmat 80 mil material looked to be the best alternative.Ordered it off Amazon, believe it was 18 sq.ft for $30 and $9 for the roller.It's about double or more going with Dynamat for the same coverage.Package came with 9 sheets.It also has great heat resist quality so it won't come off due to high temps.

I was able to cover the trunk lid and trunk and still have 2 sheets left.Sounds great, outside of car sounds subdued, inside does sound louder.This dampening will also help with any drone from a future catback exhaust.This was done on 2013 Civic Si.Took me three hours start to finish including pulling trunk lid and trunk apart and getting it all back togther.

You will need dampening material, rubbing alcohol to wipe off metal for adhesion, a vacuum to suck up any trunk dirt,panel pry tools,measuring tape or ruler,a small hand roller and a exacto/razor/boxcutter.

Been wanting to addit to the truck. When music is off, I hear tons of wind. Do your woofers cause less rattle?

2 months ago '21        #3
LuxG2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 17434 17 K  Slaps total: 3305 3 K
Dynamat or nothing

2 months ago '06        #4
~SHYNE~  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
 LuxG2 said
Dynamat or nothing
Suit yourself, I like saving money and paying 40 dollars for a job any audio shop would up r*pe you over due to markup and labor.
+1   

2 months ago '06        #5
 Losantana16x3 said
Been wanting to addit to the truck. When music is off, I hear tons of wind. Do your woofers cause less rattle?
I don't fully understand the question...

2 months ago '18        #6
Losantana16x3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 22142 22 K  Slaps total: 3508 3 K
 ~SHYNE~ said
I don't fully understand the question...
I heard that kilmat in the right area can give woofers better thump.
+1   

2 months ago '06        #7
 Losantana16x3 said
I heard that kilmat in the right area can give woofers better thump.
Gotcha, yes the sub sound quality did get better,louder and tighter in the cabin if that makes sense.I didnt place any on the sides of the trunk or the rear deck,so its not a "true" full seal.

But for me,for now, this will work.
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+16online now  33
Karen Civil getting called out by Nipsey's people on Clubhouse, she's in atten..
387 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+42online now  21
How The Air Jordan 1 High OG “Georgetown” Looks On-Feet
44 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+47online now  19
Article inside Dying Careers to Avoid