online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

YouTubeTV Finally Got an Upgrade

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

3 years ago '04        #1
11780 page views
79 comments

regularjoe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 41100 41 K  Slaps total: 9546 9 K
YouTubeTV Finally Got an Upgrade

YouTube TV add-on brings 4K streaming, offline DVR downloads for $20 extra

The live TV streaming service also adds 5.1 surround sound and better sports searches to its basic $65 price.

YouTube TV, Google's live TV streaming service designed to replace cable, is getting more pixels. Starting Monday, subscribers can add an upgrade package, called 4K Plus, which delivers TV programming in 4K resolution and HDR, including live sports like the upcoming 2020 Tokyo Olympics and the MLB All-Star Game.

Basic YouTube TV service costs $65 per month and adding 4K Plus increases the price another $20, to $85 per month total. New users get a price break, however. YouTube is offering a one-month free trial of 4K Plus and a price increase of $10 per month for the first year, bringing the total down to $75 per month.

By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.

In addition to 4K, the add-on lets subscribers download shows from the service's cloud DVR to watch offline on phones and tablets. A third benefit is unlimited simultaneous streams at home. Without the add-on, YouTube TV subscribers can only watch three different streams at the same time.

Two other new features are also available to all YouTube TV subscribers, whether or not they buy the add-on. The first, rolling out to select devices in the coming weeks, is surround sound audio. YouTube says 5.1-channel Dolby Audio has been one of its most requested features. Though most other live TV streaming services offer on-demand content in surround sound, they will only play stereo sound on live TV.

Google has beefed up DVR search to make it more useful to sports fans.

The second is beefed-up DVR capabilities for sports broadcasts like the Olympics, offering the ability to search for and jump to specific sports within a recording, in addition to a medal counter for each country.

FuboTV is the only other service with 4K sports, and it does have a couple of events coming up, but it hasn't yet confirmed if the Olympics will be broadcast in 4K. Unlike YouTube TV, Fubo doesn't charge extra for 4K broadcasts, but if it was a choice between the two competing services, we like the basic YouTube TV package better overall.

YouTube ratchets up Roku face-off by adding YouTube TV to main YouTube app
Unlike 4K movies and TV from on-demand streaming services such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, live 4K TV programming is still rare. The biggest upcoming live 4K event is the Olympics. 4K Plus on YouTube TV will include live primetime Olympics 4K coverage from NBC, including the opening ceremonies and live events, according to people familiar with the matter.

Other sporting events in 4K on YouTube TV include the upcoming MLB All Star Game on Fox and college football on ESPN.

4K Plus also offers some on-demand 4K content, including shows like Make this Tonight from Tastemade and Misfit Garage from Discovery, as well as content from FX.

To watch 4K Plus requires a compatible 4K smart TV or 4K streaming device connected to a 4K TV. Despite the fact that the YouTube TV app is no longer available on the Roku Channel store, Roku users will be able to watch in 4K on an existing app or inside the main YouTube app.

https://www.cnet.com/news .. -for-20-extra/

Signed up for this yesterday. Free for 30 days, then an extra 9.99 a month, but... the unlimited screens.... worth that alone. It's on the network, but you still have the 3 screens non network specific (as I understand it).
+4   

icon
best
icon
worst
79 comments

3 years ago '17        #2
PsyOp  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x264
Props total: 149842 149 K  Slaps total: 33974 33 K
In a positive direction

3 years ago '11        #3
panamaican 
Props total: 8064 8 K  Slaps total: 853 853
I didn't know Youtube TV was $65/month.

Seems like a lot.
+39   

3 years ago '08        #4
Kewop Decam  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 54579 54 K  Slaps total: 4325 4 K
Youtube app stopped working on my damn TV. They need to fix that asap
+1   

3 years ago '04        #5
regularjoe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
 panamaican said 🔗

Seems like a lot.
Yeah its a touch pricy. For me... worth it. Unlimited DVR, easy user interface, never have any loading issues, 4k (now), unlimited screens in house (now), good channel selection -- them not having local Fox Sports Network channels is a downside, but.... after that -- its been good.
+13   

3 years ago '06        #6
whammy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 47810 47 K  Slaps total: 3036 3 K
 panamaican said 🔗

Seems like a lot.
If you compare it to other channels that offer sports channels such as ESPN, ESPN 2, and the NFL Network, they are in that same range.

I don't watch enough tv to justify it though.
+7   

Top 10 most propped recently  3 years ago '12        #7
bkkid92  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 21483 21 K  Slaps total: 1240 1 K
 panamaican said 🔗

Seems like a lot.
It's definitely worth it & cheaper than cable. I've been using it since last summer & haven't had any problems with it. & it's easy to switch between watching on your phone or on TV

Also records my shows & can pause live TV, also has on demand movies

Last edited by bkkid92; 06-29-2021 at 01:30 PM..
+8   

3 years ago '13        #8
ma chis mo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 11279 11 K  Slaps total: 733 733
Best paid streaming cable service IMO I’ve used them all at one point or the other.
+9   

3 years ago '18        #9
HoopLife88 
Props total: 74584 74 K  Slaps total: 10438 10 K
 Mr Wendal said 🔗
Ill never give those c0cksuckers a red cent
emoji
emoji
+2   

3 years ago '04        #10
persuazion 
Props total: 8195 8 K  Slaps total: 576 576
Damn… I want that 4K upgrade but I have a feeling that would put me over Xfinitys punk a$s data cap.

3 years ago '11        #11
SuL2K12 
Props total: 6249 6 K  Slaps total: 676 676
Get a Firestick and hack it or a desktop computer after that everything is free.
emoji
+14   

3 years ago '17        #12
Mario Chalmers  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 72445 72 K  Slaps total: 24575 24 K
 persuazion said 🔗
Damn… I want that 4K upgrade but I have a feeling that would put me over Xfinitys punk a$s data cap.
Where do you live where your xfinity still has a data cap? I remember they tried rolling that out in Florida a couple years ago for about 6 months before they reverted that sh1t. It’s been unlimited again since.
+2   

3 years ago '08        #13
[Trini Yute] 
Props total: 2383 2 K  Slaps total: 408 408
 panamaican said 🔗

Seems like a lot.
It was like $40 per month when it first dropped, but they've since started adding random channels like Home Newtork and sh1t to boost up them fee's
+3   

3 years ago '13        #14
 El Genio said 🔗
Let me ask you this...if I have YouTube TV, do I still have commercials, double and triple commercials on regular YouTube videos?
Yes and no. If you’re watching live tv yes. If you’re watching shows vod yes (those long ads like 8 in a row similar to those found on Hulu). If you’re watching movies vod then no it’s like Netflix. Some shows I watch vod don’t have adds though like I just watched the latest episode of Rick and morty without adds.

3 years ago '13        #15
 El Genio said 🔗
Let me ask you this...if I have YouTube TV, do I still have commercials, double and triple commercials on regular YouTube videos?
Oh you’re talking about regular YouTube. Yeah you need YouTube premium to remove adds, they don’t bundle any additional services with YouTube tv. They need to bundle TV, YouTube premium, and YouTube music together
+3   

3 years ago '17        #16
justin747  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 227864 227 K  Slaps total: 41863 41 K
Top 10 BXSC sportsbetter
This sh1t went from like $40 a month to $85 in a few years. Service is good but fu#k those prices.
+8   

3 years ago '09        #17
autotm 
Props total: 1510 1 K  Slaps total: 134 134
 regularjoe said 🔗
Yeah its a touch pricy. For me... worth it. Unlimited DVR, easy user interface, never have any loading issues, 4k (now), unlimited screens in house (now), good channel selection -- them not having local Fox Sports Network channels is a downside, but.... after that -- its been good.
unlimited dvr alone made it worth it to me. My kid can always watch his favorite shows instead of a chopped up youtube mess.
+2   

3 years ago '04        #18
regularjoe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
 El Genio said 🔗
Commercials yes. But mostly a couple commercials then the “here’s some zen” with something relaxing.

3 years ago '04        #19
persuazion 
Props total: 8195 8 K  Slaps total: 576 576
 Mario Chalmers said 🔗
Where do you live where your xfinity still has a data cap? I remember they tried rolling that out in Florida a couple years ago for about 6 months before they reverted that sh1t. It’s been unlimited again since.
Texas

3 years ago '12        #20
nxtiq 
Props total: 6858 6 K  Slaps total: 540 540
 Kewop Decam said 🔗
Youtube app stopped working on my damn TV. They need to fix that asap
You need to get a new TV asap
emoji
+1   

3 years ago '04        #21
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 124622 124 K  Slaps total: 8117 8 K
As long as I can sail the high seas of the internet I will NEVER pay to stream. PERIOD
+5   

3 years ago '05        #22
bklyn 
Props total: 7632 7 K  Slaps total: 3703 3 K
$100 bucks a year for that IPTV. Boxden should know about this by now.
+7   

3 years ago '17        #23
Mario Chalmers  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 72445 72 K  Slaps total: 24575 24 K
 persuazion said 🔗
Texas
Damn that sucks.

3 years ago '18        #24
A Cold Game  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 38153 38 K  Slaps total: 4593 4 K
I subscribed so I can watch the playoffs at work.

definitely over priced … wish It played in the background … or gave me Picture in Picture option

3 years ago '20        #25
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 97619 97 K  Slaps total: 19777 19 K
What a joke , might as well get temporary iptv hook up & save some money
+2   

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+8110
Image(s) inside Damn she living like that