Jun 24 - Nearly all COVID deaths in US are now among unvaccinated

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
20 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section news

1 month ago '11        #1
6261 page views
373 comments

illprem  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 4019 4 K  Slaps total: 235 235
Jun 24 - Nearly all COVID deaths in US are now among unvaccinated

visit this link https://apnews.com/articl .. 6e7354f5d5e187

Nearly all COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. now are in people who weren’t vaccinated, a staggering demonstration of how effective the shots have been and an indication that deaths per day — now down to under 300 — could be practically zero if everyone eligible got the vaccine.

An a*sociated Press analysis of available government data from May shows that “breakthrough” infections in fully vaccinated people accounted for fewer than 1,200 of more than 853,000 COVID-19 hospitalizations. That’s about 0.1%.

And only about 150 of the more than 18,000 COVID-19 deaths in May were in fully vaccinated people. That translates to about 0.8%, or five deaths per day on average.

The AP analyzed figures provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The CDC itself has not estimated what percentage of hospitalizations and deaths are in fully vaccinated people, citing limitations in the data.

Among them: Only about 45 states report breakthrough infections, and some are more aggressive than others in looking for such cases. So the data probably understates such infections, CDC officials said.

Still, the overall trend that emerges from the data echoes what many health care authorities are seeing around the country and what top experts are saying.

Earlier this month, Andy Slavitt, a former adviser to the Biden administration on COVID-19, suggested that 98% to 99% of the Americans dying of the coronavirus are unvaccinated.

And CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said on Tuesday that the vaccine is so effective that “nearly every death, especially among adults, due to COVID-19, is, at this point, entirely preventable.” She called such deaths “particularly tragic.”

deaths in the U.S. have plummeted from a peak of more than 3,400 day on average in mid-January, one month into the vaccination drive.

About 63% of all vaccine-eligible Americans — those 12 and older — have received at least one dose, and 53% are fully vaccinated, according to the CDC. While vaccine remains scarce in much of the world, the U.S. supply is so abundant and demand has slumped so dramatically that shots sit unused.

Ross Bagne, a 68-year-old small-business owner in Cheyenne, Wyoming, was eligible for the vaccine in early February but didn’t get it. He died June 4, infected and unvaccinated, after spending more than three weeks in the hospital, his lungs filling with fluid. He was unable to swallow because of a stroke.

“He never went out, so he didn’t think he would catch it,” said his grieving sister, Karen McKnight. She wondered: “Why take the risk of not getting vaccinated?”

The preventable deaths will continue, experts predict, with unvaccinated pockets of the nation experiencing outbreaks in the fall and winter. Ali Mokdad, a professor of health metrics sciences at the University of Washington in Seattle, said modeling suggests the nation will hit 1,000 deaths per day again next year.

In Arkansas, which has one of the lowest vaccination rates in the nation, with only about 33% of the population fully protected, cases, hospitalizations and deaths are rising.

“It is sad to see someone go to the hospital or die when it can be prevented,” Gov. Asa Hutchinson tweeted as he urged people to get their shots.

In Seattle’s King County, the public health department found only three deaths during a recent 60-day period in people who were fully vaccinated. The rest, some 95% of 62 deaths, had had no vaccine or just one shot.

“Those are all somebody’s parents, grandparents, siblings and friends,” said Dr. Mark Del Beccaro, who helps lead a vaccination outreach program in King County. “It’s still a lot of deaths, and they’re preventable deaths.”

In the St. Louis area, more than 90% of patients hospitalized with COVID-19 have not been vaccinated, said Dr. Alex Garza, a hospital administrator who directs a metropolitan-area task force on the outbreak.

“The majority of them express some regret for not being vaccinated,” Garza said. “That’s a pretty common refrain that we’re hearing from patients with COVID.”

The stories of unvaccinated people dying may convince some people they should get the shots, but young adults — the group least likely to be vaccinated — may be motivated more by a desire to protect their loved ones, said David Michaels, an epidemiologist at George Washington University’s school of public health in the nation’s capital.

Others need paid time off to get the shots and deal with any side effects, Michaels said.

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration this month began requiring health care employers, including hospitals and nursing homes, to provide such time off. But Michaels, who headed OSHA under President Barack Obama, said the agency should have gone further and applied the rule to meat and poultry plants and other food operations as well as other places with workers at risk.

Bagne, who lived alone, ran a business helping people incorporate their companies in Wyoming for the tax advantages. He was winding down the business, planning to retire, when he got sick, emailing his sister in April about an illness that had left him dizzy and disoriented.

“Whatever it was. That bug took a LOT out of me,” he wrote.

As his health deteriorated, a neighbor finally persuaded him to go to the hospital.

“Why was the messaging in his state so unclear that he didn’t understand the importance of the vaccine? He was a very bright guy,” his sister said. “I wish he’d gotten the vaccine, and I’m sad he didn’t understand how it could prevent him from getting COVID.”

best
worst
373 comments

1 month ago '10        #2
Nautilus O  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 73965 73 K  Slaps total: 16251 16 K
How does a person say with a straight face “these deaths are preventable” when people who took the vaccine have died also?

+116   

1 month ago '16        #3
Frankie Needles  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 24656 24 K  Slaps total: 7103 7 K
 Nautilus O said
How does a person say with a straight face “these deaths are preventable” when people who took the vaccine have died also?

the stupidity of it all
+31   

1 month ago '17        #4
LostTenets  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x46
Props total: 99166 99 K  Slaps total: 30065 30 K
freedom
+6   

1 month ago '10        #5
After vaccinations and adjustment to the CDC reporting of Covid deaths

Before vaccinations and adjusting the CDC reporting of Covid deaths

+19   

1 month ago '17        #6
Ymmot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 86127 86 K  Slaps total: 20851 20 K
About to be a rough year for the uneducated anti vaxxers. Gonna be on their death beds swearing "the vaccine" will k*ll all the people walking around healthy.

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '20        #7
I Know  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 4684 4 K  Slaps total: 4577 4 K
More word spells.

+24   

1 month ago '17        #8
 Nautilus O said

If you read the studies, about 1 - 2% of the covid deaths have been fully vaccinated people. Those are pretty good odds.
+34   

1 month ago '05        #9
Switchc2390 
Props total: 11454 11 K  Slaps total: 1196 1 K
 Nautilus O said

So basically..you didn't read the article.
+32   

1 month ago '20        #10
Mysticman  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 35095 35 K  Slaps total: 11545 11 K
Seamoss and black seed oil is my vaccine
+59   

1 month ago '10        #11
 Ymmot said
If you read the studies, about 1 - 2% of the covid deaths have been fully vaccinated people. Those are pretty good odds.
So almost like the odds of dying if you catch Covid?

+23   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '20        #12
fully vaccinated people accounted for fewer than 1,200 of more than 853,000 COVID-19 hospitalizations.

Now how many got their first shot then infected before their 2nd.

There’s other word spells. Don’t matter.

This article is going out it’s way to link 1 time shots with no shots.

Castrated Bernie Sanders LTBGQ BLM Covid Karen cult members be sure to take your flu & covid c*cktail shots this fall and every year til y’all dead dead.

Last edited by I Know; 06-24-2021 at 06:57 PM..
+3   

1 month ago '17        #13
andsam 
Props total: 1548 1 K  Slaps total: 151 151
 Nautilus O said
After vaccinations and adjustment to the CDC reporting of Covid deaths

Before vaccinations and adjusting the CDC reporting of Covid deaths

That chart look weird as fu*k to me... deaths are the same-ish year over year, strange. 7-day average is worse a year ago, more people dying in the same period of time... make sense if the vaccine is safe and effective as they say.

But why the fu*k does the graph physically peak on a day where the numbers are lower? Something I'm missing here.

Edit: I'm looking at the chart wrong. Entirely wow, lol. I can't trust the visual metrics being put out. The scale and metrics behind this whole thing just aren't really clicking.
+3   

1 month ago '17        #14
 Nautilus O said
So almost like the odds of dying if you catch Covid?

1 to 2% of the total people WHO DIED from Covid19 were fully vaccinated. Maybe you don't understand how math works.
+17   

1 month ago '10        #15
 Switchc2390 said
So basically..you didn't read the article.
“Basically” is a word that women use to change a statement to what they wanted to hear from what was actually said.

+23   

1 month ago '10        #16
 Ymmot said
1 to 2% of the total people WHO DIED from Covid19 were fully vaccinated. Maybe you don't understand how math works.
Less than 1% of people who catch Covid die from it.

According to your logic, that’s a percentage of minimal concern
+14   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '20        #17
 Nautilus O said

Them shots are deadlier than the virus by the numbers.
+8   

1 month ago '04        #18
GUCCI C0ND0MS 
Props total: 13839 13 K  Slaps total: 12497 12 K
 Ymmot said
About to be a rough year for the uneducated anti vaxxers. Gonna be on their death beds swearing "the vaccine" will k*ll all the people walking around healthy.
If you work out and take vitamins, you're protected from covid.

1 month ago '11        #19
inthezone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15338 15 K  Slaps total: 5278 5 K
 Mysticman said
Seamoss and black seed oil is my vaccine
I have seamoss .. i need to re-up on black seed oil
+9   

1 month ago '17        #20
 Nautilus O said

2-3% of people who are positive die from covid. about 20% of people who survive covid have long term effects from it. Live your life however you want, I encourage stupid people to not get vaccinated.
+12   

1 month ago '17        #21
 I Know said
Them shots are deadlier than the virus by the numbers.
24 total people have possibly died from a vaccine shot. You straight failed out of math.
+9   

1 month ago '20        #22
Bighempin 
Props total: 7556 7 K  Slaps total: 992 992
That Delta variant on deck.....

1 month ago '06        #23
SHootar 
Props total: 3371 3 K  Slaps total: 776 776
 Nautilus O said

so people would rather willingly take 1-2% odds of dying from Covid than 1% of that 1-2%, or .01%??

i'm not even truly mad, it's called natural selection. the US population is slowly shedding the stupidest people. it's great for out future lineage
+21   

1 month ago '17        #24
 GUCCI C0ND0MS said
If you work out and take vitamins, you're protected from covid.
Not at all true. You are likely safer from covid if you are in shape, but you are not protected. The funny thing is I see all these conspiracy theorists saying take vitamins, but the vitamin industry been exposed years ago for being a scam. Most of the "vitamins" people buy aren't what they say they are.
+13   

1 month ago '04        #25
GUCCI C0ND0MS 
Props total: 13839 13 K  Slaps total: 12497 12 K
 Nautilus O said

Right, they're touting the 1% figure, but you have a less than 1% chance of dying from covid, period.

You can't make this sh*t up

+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+67online now  14
Jordan dunk change 360 lay up
97 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  11