Jun 23 - Biden Announces Crackdown on Guns

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '21        #1
2824 page views
125 comments

JayMurdoch  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 8931 8 K  Slaps total: 1374 1 K
Jun 23 - Biden Announces Crackdown on Guns

WASHINGTON —

President Joe Biden will outline several actions on Wednesday that his administration is taking to curb the recent rise in violent crime and gun violence, ahead of a summer that experts worry could be especially deadly.

Among them are tougher enforcement policies for federal gun control laws and new guidelines to help cities and states make better use of federal Covid relief funding to combat gun violence, including by hiring police officers.

Homicides spiked by 30% in 2020 over the previous year, according to data provided by the White House, a surge that shows no signs of abating. In the first quarter of this year, the nationwide homicide rate was 24% higher than it was in the same period of 2020 and 49% higher than two years ago.

Across the country, mayors and police chiefs have struggled to explain what's behind the rise, but experts point to a perfect storm of factors that collided during the pandemic. They include a surge in private gun sales, widespread unemployment and Covid stay-at-home orders that left people trapped inside with little to do.

At the same time, protests against police k*llings of Black people may have diverted police resources away from traditional policing, and eroded public confidence in law enforcement. Many of the factors believed to have contributed to the rise in violent crime are difficult to quantify, however. And given that policing in America tends to be highly localized, Biden's options at the federal level are limited.

Shifting ATF priorities
Starting Wednesday, the Justice Department will institute a zero-tolerance policy for federally licensed gun dealers who violate gun sales laws, such as background check requirements. Instead of issuing warnings, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives will now seek to revoke dealer licenses on first offenses.

The move is intended to give new teeth to the enforcement arm of the ATF, which has languished under a previous policy that prioritized compliance over punishment.

Another step Biden will point to on Wednesday is the creation of five new federal strike forces led by the ATF to monitor and intercept firearm smuggling along several "significant gun trafficking corridors" between major cities.

The latest steps are in addition to a package of executive actions to confront gun violence that Biden announced in April.

These included directing the Department of Justice to craft a rule addressing the spread of untraceable "ghost guns," and to publish an example of "red flag" legislation for states to follow.

Some elements of the Biden administration's strategy are beyond the president's control, however, because they require Congress to enact them.

Chief among these is the pending Senate confirmation of David Chipman, Biden's nominee to lead the ATF.

Chipman is a former ATF agent and an expert on gun trafficking, but his record of supporting expanded firearms restrictions has turned his confirmation into a potent political battle.

With the Senate evenly split among Democrats and Republicans, Biden needs every Democrat to vote to confirm Chipman, so that Vice President Kamala Harris can cast the tie-breaking vote.

But as of Wednesday, two moderate Democrats had not yet committed to supporting Chipman's confirmation: West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin and Arizona Sen. Krysten Sinema.

Biden's success or failure in persuading Manchin and Sinema to confirm Chipman is seen by some gun control advocates as a key test of the president's commitment to the broader gun safety agenda.

American Rescue Plan funds
In addition to strengthening federal gun law enforcement, Biden will also draw attention on Wednesday to the administration's position that the surge in gun violence is a pandemic-related crisis, according to a White House fact sheet.

Under this designation, that means efforts to combat the surge in gun violence are an allowable use of the $350 billion in state and local pandemic relief funds approved by Congress this spring.

According to updated guidance from the Treasury Department issued Wednesday, American Rescue Plan funds can be used to hire more police officers, pay officers overtime, buy equipment and fund additional "enforcement efforts" to combat the spike in gun violence.

Gun violence in this country is an epidemic, and an international embarrassment, says Pres. Biden

There are a few conditions, however. The first is that the funds must be used to advance "community policing strategies," as defined by the Justice Department. Likewise, the funds cannot be used to staff police forces above their pre-pandemic levels.

While the funds are narrowly tailored to community policing, the idea that federal relief money is being used to hire more police officers could be a touchy subject among Democrats.

Ever since the murder of George Floyd in 2020 and the ensuing racial justice protests, some members of the Democratic Party's left flank have backed a movement to reduce the size and scope of police forces, and to replace law enforcement officers with social services counselors and crisis counselors.

Biden opposed the "defund the police" movement during his 2020 presidential campaign, and Democratic legislators who are on the ballot in 2022 have largely avoided using the term.

Instead, Biden is proposing greater public investments in social services, mental health counseling and community violence intervention, in addition to law enforcement.

On Wednesday, Biden will highlight some of these investments alongside the tougher enforcement pieces of his crime prevention plan.

For example, the Department of Labor recently announced an award of $85.5 million to help formerly incarcerated adults and young people find jobs, housing and support as they reenter society.

Biden will also encourage cities and states to access ARP funds for summer job programs that serve young people and for educational enrichment programs.

visit this link https://www.cnbc.com/2021 .. mmunities.html

Last edited by JayMurdoch; 06-23-2021 at 01:28 PM..
+4   

best
worst
125 comments

1 month ago '04        #2
ItAlY2BkLyN 
Props total: 30592 30 K  Slaps total: 7734 7 K
help cities and states make better use of federal Covid relief funding to combat gun violence, including by hiring police officers.

inb4banningabunchofgunaccessoriesthatwon'treducegu nviolenceatall
+4   

1 month ago '07        #3
Damagegadget  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 54820 54 K  Slaps total: 6892 6 K
 ItAlY2BkLyN said

inb4banningabunchofgunaccessoriesthatwon'treducegu nviolenceatall
Exactly like every administration has

But but he is taking our guns away is what some people see
+1   

1 month ago '21        #4
JayMurdoch  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
Props total: 8931 8 K  Slaps total: 1374 1 K
 Damagegadget said
Exactly like every administration has

But but he is taking our guns away is what some people see
There's no telling what he's going to do at this point. It could be anything
+10   

1 month ago '18        #5
milkdudz 
Props total: 3527 3 K  Slaps total: 1706 1 K
The plan is to take all your guns away, while militarizing the police and beefing them up with weapons, so that when it's time to impose martial law, you're left defenseless....
+40   

1 month ago '07        #6
Damagegadget  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 54820 54 K  Slaps total: 6892 6 K
 JayMurdoch said
There's no telling what he's going to do at this point. It could be anything
It definitely is not what the gun nuts think

And im pro gun

1 month ago '05        #7
Fauby  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 33579 33 K  Slaps total: 3656 3 K
I mean Americans proved time and time again your not reliable with weapons. What you expect to happen?

You just want the president to simply ignore the thing that plagues Americans the most? Just let mass shooting after mass shooting happen without trying something?

1 month ago '10        #8
IITHUNDABR3ADII 
Props total: 5427 5 K  Slaps total: 1612 1 K
 Fauby said
I mean Americans proved time and time again your not reliable with weapons. What you expect to happen?

You just want the president to simply ignore the thing that plagues Americans the most? Just let mass shooting after mass shooting happen without trying something?
> I mean Americans proved time and time again your not reliable with weapons. What you expect to happen?

Thousands of Americans murder their unborn children not because of risks of childbirth or because of r*pe... but because the child was inconvenient.
There are many more of us who would never do such evil.
Don't hold me accountable for the actions or lack thereof of other people. That isn't supposed to be how this country works.

> You just want the president to simply ignore the thing that plagues Americans the most?

He isn't going to do sh*t about criminals or rich people getting and misusing them. All they will do is make it harder/more expensive for law abiding nobodies to get them. That is it.

Enforce the laws that exist, make the penalties for reasonable laws more severe, and triple the funding that goes to mental health. And I mean REAL mental health instead of "I want to swap my genitals today."
America is sick. Fix the sickness instead of messing with my rights. Anyone who doesn't like that our citizens can defend themselves, hunt, or enjoy a range trip can move to 90% of the populated land masses on Earth where only criminals, rich people, and the government have them. Just go. Please go.
+7   

1 month ago '17        #9
Class of 2017 
Props total: 14955 14 K  Slaps total: 2838 2 K
You people that talk about the 2nd amendment are hilarious because you're taking something that was written in 1770, where they had fu*king muskets and bayonets and applying it to 2020.

When the second amendment was written people weren't spinnin the block with draco + extendos, or spraying up grocery stores, they would shoot one fu*king shot and spend 3 minutes reloading.

1 month ago '21        #10
Kxng Skeeda 
Props total: 603 603  Slaps total: 164 164
 milkdudz said
The plan is to take all your guns away, while militarizing the police and beefing them up with weapons, so that when it's time to impose martial law, you're left defenseless....
how's that working out in japan and the uk? pretty well i gather
+1   

1 month ago '12        #11
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 176520 176 K  Slaps total: 10250 10 K
Nah we need more guns and more mass shootings, it's what American's like

Guns over lives, heard they were even sneaking weapons into Disney World lately.

The American Way
+4   

1 month ago '21        #12
BackInTheSaddle 
Props total: 2578 2 K  Slaps total: 1318 1 K
congrats
finally a move
to put life
in front of the weapons business
good luck
+3   

1 month ago '19        #13
skippa 
Props total: 10241 10 K  Slaps total: 1343 1 K
When are they going to sit back and say, "Maybe it's the quality of life in their America making people want to k*ll and not the guns"? Because there are two America's whether they want to believe it or not.
+12   

1 month ago '16        #14
PeeKwod  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 8670 8 K  Slaps total: 321 321
Fohwtbs

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '17        #15
PackerTrelli3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 79261 79 K  Slaps total: 23224 23 K
They been wanting to take guns away and make it harder to get. Not cuz of violence against each other, but because of a rise against the machine

As citizens, we should have the right to push back against our government and for the longest, they need tryna make sure that’d never happen.

People need to realize that we have NO rights. It should be the Bill Of PRIVILEGES. cuz all them sh*ts get taken away……
+5   

1 month ago '16        #16
Vagabond 
Props total: 5907 5 K  Slaps total: 400 400
Thread should do numbers

1 month ago '19        #17
GetYaCoinsKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 44116 44 K  Slaps total: 7794 7 K
Dems are stupid as fu*k when it comes to "preventing gun violence", How many times are we going to learn that there is no way to do this without being an authoritarian? You either legalize firearms on a federal level or ban them once and for all, Either way its looking like the end result will be civil war.
+3   

1 month ago '17        #18
FCWGM 
Props total: 7955 7 K  Slaps total: 833 833
All these n*ggas is doing is taking guns away from law abiding citizens….

You think n*ggas out here dirty turning there guns in?
+10   

1 month ago '18        #19
Dehone 
Props total: 60471 60 K  Slaps total: 2594 2 K
There are a few conditions, however. The first is that the funds must be used to advance "community policing strategies," as defined by the Justice Department.

We'll see. "Community policing" is such a vague term.

Instead, Biden is proposing greater public investments in social services, mental health counseling and community violence intervention, in addition to law enforcement

We'll see how much they actually plan to invest and what he prioritizes

Biden already said he wasnt defunding sh*t grom the jump

I'm getting 21 Crime Bill light vibes

Black people, keep buying your guns. Give a fu*k what that old fossil says.
+5   

1 month ago '21        #20
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 10622 10 K  Slaps total: 2766 2 K
 milkdudz said
I tell people that all the time but they never be live me
+2   

1 month ago '16        #21
smokeytheblunt2 
Props total: 46423 46 K  Slaps total: 2631 2 K
 skippa said
When are they going to sit back and say, "Maybe it's the quality of life in their America making people want to k*ll and not the guns"? Because there are two America's whether they want to believe it or not.
i think the country is even more split than that honestly……
+4   

1 month ago '15        #22
CZNM22  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 27144 27 K  Slaps total: 865 865
Thread just reminded me that I've been meaning to start an AR-10 build. Think I might hop on that around Black Friday.
+4   

1 month ago '05        #23
SquirrelXss 
Props total: 7453 7 K  Slaps total: 2241 2 K
 milkdudz said

Cant see the master plan because they are blind.

Let's take a*sault rifles........that did work.

Let's take handguns because most crimes ate committed with those.

That didnt work.

Let's take sniper guns ( bolt actions)

Its all in incrementalism

Last edited by SquirrelXss; 06-23-2021 at 03:46 PM..

1 month ago '18        #24
Killakaine2525 
Props total: 2065 2 K  Slaps total: 574 574
I’m from Ny can’t have a handgun anyway sh*t who cares lol
+2   

1 month ago '05        #25
SquirrelXss 
Props total: 7453 7 K  Slaps total: 2241 2 K
 IITHUNDABR3ADII said
> I mean Americans proved time and time again your not reliable with weapons. What you expect to happen?

Thousands of Americans murder their unborn children not because of risks of childbirth or because of r*pe... but because the child was inconvenient.
There are many more of us who would never do such evil.
Don't hold me accountable for the actions or lack thereof of other people. That isn't supposed to be how this country works.

> You just want the president to simply ignore the thing that plagues Americans the most?

He isn't going to do sh*t about criminals or rich people getting and misusing them. All they will do is make it harder/more expensive for law abiding nobodies to get them. That is it.

Enforce the laws that exist, make the penalties for reasonable laws more severe, and triple the funding that goes to mental health. And I mean REAL mental health instead of "I want to swap my genitals today."
America is sick. Fix the sickness instead of messing with my rights. Anyone who doesn't like that our citizens can defend themselves, hunt, or enjoy a range trip can move to 90% of the populated land masses on Earth where only criminals, rich people, and the government have them. Just go. Please go.

+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+16online now  43
Image(s) inside Federal Agents Arrest Bay Area Rapper Philthy Rich
159 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  24
Aug 2 - Another coronavirus variant has reached Florida. Here’s what you need ..
100 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+21online now  21
Video inside The lox verzuz dipset official watch party! Who yall got to win?
4651 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+46online now  18
If your employer, skool, etc mandates you to get vaxed get in here
221 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy