Vin Diesel Explains What Caused Tension With Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson: It Was ‘Tough Love

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+25  140
33 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 month ago '12        #1
4191 page views
71 comments

Ethan Hunt  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x106
Props total: 97035 97 K  Slaps total: 6381 6 K
Vin Diesel Explains What Caused Tension With Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson: It Was ‘Tough Love

Ignore thread
Jump to new
Watch
Today at 12:21 PM
New
Add bookmark
MissMoneypenny
MissMoneypenny
Team Owner
Shedding light. Vin Diesel is getting honest about his past feud with Fast & Furious costar Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.

Diesel, 53, is a producer on the franchise so when Johnson 49, took on the role of Luke Hobbs, he had an opinion about what that should look like.

“It was a tough character to embody, the Hobbs character. My approach at the time was a lot of tough love to a*sist in getting that performance where it needed to be,” the Guardians of the Galaxy actor said in the latest issue of Men’s Health. “As a producer to say, ‘OK, we’re going to take Dwayne Johnson, who’s a*sociated with wrestling, and we’re going to force this cinematic world, audience members, to regard his character as someone that they don’t know’ — Hobbs hits you like a ton of bricks.”

Vin-Diesel-Explains-F9-Feud-With-The-Rock-Dwayne-Johnson.jpg

Diesel added that he’s “proud” of the aesthetic they created for Hobbs and just wanted to make sure it was executed right.

“That took a lot of work. We had to get there and sometimes, at that time, I could give a lot of tough love,” he shared of his conversations with the former wrestler. “Not Felliniesque, but I would do anything I’d have to do in order to get performances in anything I’m producing.”

Reports of the pair’s feud first surfaced in 2016 when they filmed the eighth movie of the franchise, The Fate of the Furious. During the last week of filming, The Rock posted via Instagram that some people on set “conduct themselves as stand up men and true professionals, while others don’t. The ones that don’t are too chicken s–t to do anything about it anyway. Candy a*ses.”

He added, “When you watch this movie next April and it seems like I’m not acting in some of these scenes and my blood is legit boiling — you’re right.”

Two years later, the Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle star shared insight into the conversations he had with Diesel.

Vin-Diesel-Explains-F9-Feud-With-The-Rock-Dwayne-Johnson-Fast-Five.jpg

“Vin and I had a few discussions, including an important face-to-face in my trailer,” the Young Rock creator told Rolling Stone magazine at the time. “And what I came to realize is that we have a fundamental difference in philosophies on how we approach moviemaking and collaborating. It took me some time, but I’m grateful for that clarify. Whether we work together again or not.”

He added: “I wish him all the best and I harbor no ill will there, just because of the clarity we have. Actually, you can erase that last part about ‘no ill will.’ We’ll just keep it with the clarity.”

In February 2019, Fast & Furious star Michelle Rodriguez opened up exclusively with Us Weekly about the beef between the actors and why it didn’t come as a surprise to her.

“Boys will be boys,” the Texas native, 42, said at the time. “And you know what? There’s always some sort of conflict when tribes meet and they get bigger. I think that’s the world, that’s globalization. We’re seeing it right now with nationalism, all over the planet. So I’m not surprised that the tribe back home is arguing too!”
+5   

best
worst
71 comments

1 month ago '20        #2
GarykingOftheD  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 8563 8 K  Slaps total: 417 417
Sounds like a PR save
Multiple sources say Vin is a diva
And the Rock is the Rock
Egos were off the charts
Long story short, Vin is the producer and was throwing his weight around, the Rock called him out about it which divided the cast and crew, new Fast movie out so he's playing the "it was to push the character for a better movie experience"
Sorry Vin but....

+79   

1 month ago '12        #3
TheConnect  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 14730 14 K  Slaps total: 1108 1 K
Imagine getting acting pointers from Vin Diesel and taking them seriously
+100   

1 month ago '16        #4
90sVibe 
Props total: 7563 7 K  Slaps total: 1168 1 K
 TheConnect said
It’s not like the Rock is that much better tbh
+29   

1 month ago '15        #5
Preacher Mane  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 60094 60 K  Slaps total: 3821 3 K
Beefing with the Rock (whether he’s right or not) is a lose/lose situation. He’s so beloved that people will blindly take his side.
+61   

1 month ago '12        #6
TheConnect  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 14730 14 K  Slaps total: 1108 1 K
 90sVibe said
The Rock isn't the one trying to to give acting pointers lol.

Imagine you're a lead actor and a worldwide famous celebrity. In your movie while filming you hear "CUT" as you're filming a long scene, a scene you don't want to do another take on.

Vin comes out starts whispering in your ear. "You did that all wrong. You see, when I was Groot in Guardians of the Galaxy ...."

You're telling me you wouldn't tell that n*gga to STFU right there
+84   

1 month ago '06        #7
droid3000  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x40
Props total: 78383 78 K  Slaps total: 9894 9 K
Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham and Vin Diesel -- three of the most high-profile stars of the Fast & Furious franchise -- have it in their contracts that their characters can’t lose f*ghts in the films. A 2019 Wall Street Journal story quoted several people involved in the films -- editors, producers, etc -- who spoke about how the actors have measures in place to avoid coming across as ‘wimps’.

The report said that “according to producers and crew members on the films, Mr. Statham, 51 years old, negotiated an agreement with the studio that limits how badly he can be beaten up on screen. Mr. Diesel, 52, has his younger sister, a producer on the films, police the number of punches he takes. And Mr. Johnson, 47, enlists producers, editors and f*ght coordinators to help make sure he always gives as good as he gets.”
this sh*t is so random
+19   

1 month ago '06        #8
Storchaveli  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 23471 23 K  Slaps total: 5068 5 K
 TheConnect said
I like Rock but Find Me Guilty, Strays, A Man Apart > Dwayne’s acting. Ask Dave Bautista too.

+7   

1 month ago '19        #9
zzxxccvvbb 
Props total: 26045 26 K  Slaps total: 3365 3 K
 droid3000 said
this sh*t is so random
Brand management is everything
+1   

1 month ago '07        #10
tre0624  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 21974 21 K  Slaps total: 10701 10 K
 90sVibe said
The rock is way better

n*gga had people thinking wrestling was real. Now that's acting
+21   

1 month ago '07        #11
tre0624  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 21974 21 K  Slaps total: 10701 10 K
Yeah he should listen to Vin diesel lmao

+6   

1 month ago '11        #12
Papa Shango 
Props total: 10555 10 K  Slaps total: 868 868
Diesel can take that producer title, turn that sum bi*ch sideways
+49   

1 month ago '04        #13
eddiefizzle 
Props total: 3812 3 K  Slaps total: 1623 1 K
Vin is a known diva, and came out gay and then that magically disappeared to save face for his "action hero" look. I dk but seems like Vin was just upset a better version of him was getting the limelight, he started the franchise but it got better with other character additions sh*t hit him personally.
+6   

1 month ago '18        #14
dakidjahsiah 
Props total: 8771 8 K  Slaps total: 1100 1 K
this bullsh*t franchise got more parts than booty Talk.

remember goin to the swap shop to cop booty Talk 23? dem good days
+24   

1 month ago '09        #15
Chalky  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 54507 54 K  Slaps total: 6216 6 K
 90sVibe said
the rock in gridiron gang is better acting than von diesel whole career my n*gga
+12   

1 month ago '12        #16
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 175405 175 K  Slaps total: 10204 10 K
 droid3000 said
this sh*t is so random
That sh*t had me rolling because Jason Statham has whole movies where he just gets his a*s whipped lol
+4   

1 month ago '21        #17
King856 
Props total: 8257 8 K  Slaps total: 3128 3 K
 tre0624 said
The rock is way better

Only retards and red necks ever thought wrestling was real. Which one is you?

1 month ago '06        #18
dagreat1_87 
Props total: 16906 16 K  Slaps total: 786 786
 TheConnect said
The Rock isn't the one trying to to give acting pointers lol.

Imagine you're a lead actor and a worldwide famous celebrity. In your movie while filming you hear "CUT" as you're filming a long scene, a scene you don't want to do another take on.

Vin comes out starts whispering in your ear. "You did that all wrong. You see, when I was Groot in Guardians of the Galaxy ...."

You're telling me you wouldn't tell that n*gga to STFU right there
Bruh I'm in tears after reading this
+14   

1 month ago '21        #19
ImblackuNOT 
Props total: 1093 1 K  Slaps total: 468 468
Cause they both gay case closed.

1 month ago '04        #20
Fameus 
Props total: 11627 11 K  Slaps total: 2522 2 K
It was a tough character to embody, the Hobbs character.

Uh, whys he talking about this sh*t like its a Daniel Day Lewis performance? He's a monotone caveman for 90 minutes. And the rock is some variation of superman that is invincible and has catchphrases. The Oscars aren't calling.
+19   

1 month ago '14        #21
Sphynx 
Props total: 97736 97 K  Slaps total: 26238 26 K
When I read that all these n*ggas got "equal damage" clauses in their contracts.... meaning "You get on punch in on me, then I gotta get one punch on you" and invincibility clauses, I knew this franchise was done

Such goofy sh*t
+8   

1 month ago '16        #22
90sVibe 
 Chalky said
the rock in gridiron gang is better acting than von diesel whole career my n*gga
Love that movie but are we really gonna sit here and act like they’re not damn near the same actor ? Some difference but at the core similar
+4   

1 month ago '16        #23
90sVibe 
 tre0624 said
The rock is way better

Good one
+1   

1 month ago '05        #24
Tha Boss  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 102560 102 K  Slaps total: 37654 37 K
 dakidjahsiah said
this bullsh*t franchise got more parts than booty Talk.

remember goin to the swap shop to cop booty Talk 23? dem good days
I dunno about that but the booty talk scene where the broad had on a tan top and tan thong, the scene where he name was cherry red, the scene with them 2 huge booties, and the one grainy scene that no matter how many times I d/l it it was ALWAYS grainey>>>>>
+1   

1 month ago '16        #25
Hoggystyle  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 74894 74 K  Slaps total: 8356 8 K
Fast and furious is so trash dog
+6   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+206online now  32
This is the Malcolm X they don't want you to see
211 comments