Microsoft Announces New Monitors Designed for Xbox Series X/S Consoles

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
41 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

1 month ago '05        #1
1056 page views
34 comments

precys  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 21500 21 K  Slaps total: 2418 2 K
Microsoft Announces New Monitors Designed for Xbox Series X/S Consoles

visit this link https://www.ign.com/artic .. -tvs-announced

Microsoft has announced the first three gaming monitors optimized for its Xbox Series X/S gaming consoles as part of the company's Designed for Xbox program.

As noted in an Xbox Wire blog post, Microsoft collaborated with Acer, ASUS, and Philips to create gaming monitors that would take full advantage of the Xbox Series X/S hardware and support HDMI 2.1, which allows for higher resolutions and higher refresh rates.

In total, three monitors will debut with the Designed for Xbox stamp: Philips' Momentum gaming monitor, ASUS' Strix Xbox Edition Gaming Monitor, and Acer's Xbox Edition Gaming Monitor. All three will release this year and include AMD's FreeSync Premium Pro technology, which reduces screen tearing and 4K resolution and a refresh rate of 120Hz.

See gallery
Philips' Momentum gaming monitor measures at 55 inches, and is described as a monitor that is "a TV and soundbar in one." It features a dedicated Xbox picture mode, meaning players can have a high-contrast HDR with a VESA Certified DisplayHDR 1000, which allows for local dimming and peak luminance. This will be the first monitor to launch out of the trio with a slated summer launch and a steep retail price of $1600.

Asus' ROG Strix Xbox Edition is a 43-inch gaming monitor with a moving picture response time of 1ms. Co-developed between Asus and the Designed for Xbox Team, the monitor is claimed to be the best monitor for color, contrast, and hue settings when connecting it to either a Series X/S console. Asus ROG Strix Xbox Edition will launch sometime in October of this year; pricing will depend on the region but in the US, it will cost $1,400.

Acer's Xbox Edition Gaming Monitor is 28 inches, and Xbox claims it is among the first monitors to be TUV/Eyesafe certified, meaning it will minimize eye strain for gamers. Acer's monitor is the most affordable, retailing for $950 and launch sometime this fall.

The news comes following Microsoft's announcements to grow the Xbox ecosystem, yet still make its Xbox hardware the "flagship experience." Alongside new gaming monitors designed for Xbox, the tech giant has begun thinking outside the box of traditional hardware devicies for gaming by way of Cloud Gaming and integrating the experience to everyday tech, like streming sticks and smart TVs.
+4   

best
worst
34 comments

1 month ago '20        #2
Keep God First 
Props total: 9142 9 K  Slaps total: 7870 7 K
They need to announce some games with realistic release dates
+8   

1 month ago '05        #3
precys  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
 Christ Like said
They need to announce some games with realistic release dates

+9   

1 month ago '11        #4
Blokka Blokka  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 21055 21 K  Slaps total: 4474 4 K
Rape prices on those monitors
+10   

1 month ago '20        #5
Keep God First 
Props total: 9142 9 K  Slaps total: 7870 7 K

1 month ago '16        #6
Quinn 
Props total: 6459 6 K  Slaps total: 1519 1 K
Lg 27gn950 >>>>>
+1   

1 month ago '11        #7
bd2eazy 
Props total: 2195 2 K  Slaps total: 206 206

interesting!

what yall think?

Sony fan gonna comment first? LOL
+5   

1 month ago '11        #8
SainT sig  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 8898 8 K  Slaps total: 1561 1 K
You can get same monitor specs for less then half those prices. Why are these so high?

1 month ago '18        #9
BlackjesuS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7471 7 K  Slaps total: 1680 1 K
Omfg...console gamers commonly say PC gaming costs too much and then buy stupid sh*t like this

Amen.
+4   

1 month ago '06        #10
LeMar G 
Props total: 76345 76 K  Slaps total: 7861 7 K
I'm hating

Last edited by LeMar G; 06-22-2021 at 07:09 PM..

1 month ago '09        #11
Moreno650 
Props total: 590 590  Slaps total: 10 10
for the price they are mentioning, 1400 for the bigger screens... a lgcx48 would be the better buy.

still pretty dope tho.
+1   

1 month ago '04        #12
Liquid-Science 
Props total: 2021 2 K  Slaps total: 397 397
$1600 for a Phillips?

I'd go on and get a 55 inch LG CX or 65 inch Samsung Q70 for cheaper than that...the latter is only 1300 on amazon right now

I wanna buy another TV soon...bought a 4k TV like the end of 2019 before the 2.1 hdmi sh*t became standard...Waiting for the prices to be right, seems like the chip shortage is keeping the prices higher than they should be
+2   

1 month ago '05        #13
PhrozenMenace 
Props total: 5901 5 K  Slaps total: 400 400
someone or some people at microsoft headquarters must be snorting some good stuff

1 month ago '17        #14
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 71670 71 K  Slaps total: 22733 22 K
 PhrozenMenace said
someone or some people at microsoft headquarters must be snorting some good stuff
Them gamepass “profits” came back and n*ggas realized they better get back to scamming quick

1 month ago '16        #15
mobchip 
Props total: 10149 10 K  Slaps total: 1317 1 K
The PlayStation 3D monitor, which came out years ago, wasn't even near $1000.

1 month ago '16        #16
Hoggystyle  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 75236 75 K  Slaps total: 8425 8 K
Daylight robbery and these xbots gonna eat that sh*t up like it’s passover

1 month ago '18        #17
Most Palone 
Props total: 16792 16 K  Slaps total: 1199 1 K
If it’s more expensive than a 120hz Oled then they already lost

Not paying $800+ for and lcd panel with bad viewing angles, blooming, bleeding, grey blacks and a hazy low contrast image on top of image blur

Unless you experience Oled in person you wouldn’t understand

1 month ago '18        #18
Most Palone 
Props total: 16792 16 K  Slaps total: 1199 1 K
 Moreno650 said
for the price they are mentioning, 1400 for the bigger screens... a lgcx48 would be the better buy.

still pretty dope tho.
Exactly

You can get lightly used Oled from the 9 series for like $750.

Looking to buy one for my mom

1 month ago '15        #19
jersey kidd 
Props total: 413 413  Slaps total: 22 22
Looking to upgrade my monitor soon, I’d be damned if I paid anywhere near that for one though

1 month ago '13        #20
uoeno  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 52216 52 K  Slaps total: 10045 10 K
with that pricing, this must be targeted for fanboys and not regular people.

1 month ago '05        #21
precys  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
 Blokka Blokka said
 Quinn said
Lg 27gn950 >>>>>
 SigxScar said
You can get same monitor specs for less then half those prices. Why are these so high?
 BlackjesuS said
Omfg...console gamers commonly say PC gaming costs too much and then buy stupid sh*t like this

Amen.
 Moreno650 said

still pretty dope tho.
 Liquid-Science said
$1600 for a Phillips?

I'd go on and get a 55 inch LG CX or 65 inch Samsung Q70 for cheaper than that...the latter is only 1300 on amazon right now

I wanna buy another TV soon...bought a 4k TV like the end of 2019 before the 2.1 hdmi sh*t became standard...Waiting for the prices to be right, seems like the chip shortage is keeping the prices higher than they should be
 PhrozenMenace said
 Hoggystyle said
Daylight robbery and these xbots gonna eat that sh*t up like it’s passover

Most Palone said
Exactly

You can get lightly used Oled from the 9 series for like $750.

Looking to buy one for my mom

jersey kidd said
Looking to upgrade my monitor soon, I’d be damned if I paid anywhere near that for one though

uoeno said
with that pricing, this must be targeted for fanboys and not regular people.

I see a lot of you don't understand the difference in monitors and regular big TVs that don't have freesync/G-sync with actual 120hz like these and other PC monitors do and are specifically made for gaming.

I have an LG 65 OLED TV but my 49" Odyssey G9 monitor on my PC, that cost $1400, will smack the sh*t outta any of these TVs with missing functionalities you guys keep trying to compare actual monitors too.

Last edited by precys; 06-23-2021 at 07:48 AM..

1 month ago '11        #22
Blokka Blokka  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 21055 21 K  Slaps total: 4474 4 K
 precys said
I see a lot of you don't understand the difference in monitors and regular big TVs that don't have freesync/G-sync with actual 120hz like these and other PC monitors do and are specifically made for gaming.

I have an LG 65 OLED TV but my 49" Odyssey G9 monitor on my PC, that cost $1400, will smack the sh*t outta any of these TVs with missing functionalities you guys keep trying to compare actual monitors too.

Mine is pretty dope and its half the price of the monitors in OP

1 month ago '18        #23
BlackjesuS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7471 7 K  Slaps total: 1680 1 K
 precys said

I was specifically talking about the whole "a good gaming PC is 1500" argument being followed up with "$500 gets me the same thing" followed by let me pay stupid amount of money for a small screen used only for gaming on systems that don't even take full advantage of said features... The fu*k I want 120fps PS3 games for at this point

1 month ago '04        #24
erickonasis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 83661 83 K  Slaps total: 8902 8 K
 Blokka Blokka said
This....and no 32 inch ones? 28 is good for shooters but that sh*t be too small for me 32 is just right.

not at $950 though

1 month ago '04        #25
erickonasis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 83661 83 K  Slaps total: 8902 8 K
 precys said

This sh*t gotta be horrible to play shooters on
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+26online now  16
Jul 31 - Vaccinated are now the SuperSpreaders
367 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
-46online now  8
Video inside Hell Rell speaks on not Participating in the Verzuz with DipSet
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+32online now  7
Article inside WWE Released Bray Wyatt!!!!!
180 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
-52online now  4
Da Baby: I don't even know who Questlove is
185 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy