BIG, Hov, Pac Or Nas Donít Belong On Hip-Hopís Mt.Rushmore (Outspoken With Karim Johnson)

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
163 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

1 month ago '11        #1
453 page views
21 comments

Sinamatik CFR  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 46780 46 K  Slaps total: 4562 4 K
BIG, Hov, Pac Or Nas Donít Belong On Hip-Hopís Mt.Rushmore (Outspoken With Karim Johnson)

New take on the "which one gotta go debate"... It seems Bliz don't think none of em belong up there?

Interesting enough... Tune in at 9:15pm EST for the live show!
+2   

best
worst
21 comments

1 month ago '18        #2
Proffesor X  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 58274 58 K  Slaps total: 13993 13 K
Everyone knows who those artist are...not to many people know wtf dude is or why his opinion should matter....but okay
+9   

1 month ago '05        #3
4REAL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 39900 39 K  Slaps total: 12022 12 K
If the argument will be that it should be one of the forefathers of hip hop, then I understand. If that's not the argument, then who cares?
+5   

1 month ago '11        #4
Sinamatik CFR  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
Props total: 46780 46 K  Slaps total: 4562 4 K
Its Live.. fu*k A Timestamp
+1   

1 month ago '04        #5
Skilllz 
Props total: 22980 22 K  Slaps total: 2233 2 K
Clout chasing
+6   

1 month ago '21        #6
BeastModeBoy 
Props total: 3948 3 K  Slaps total: 233 233
 Skilllz said
Clout chasing
Exactly what I came to say
+5   

1 month ago '09        #7
eyensteyn 
Props total: 853 853  Slaps total: 339 339
I didn't watch the video but Krs, Kane, grap, and rakim be a tough 4 to beat if we talking bars... Dope as Nas was he wanted to be rakim, pun probably improved grap style but the longevity isn't there...
Biggie was mad original but could he really beat Kane in a battle?? Could he beat any of those guys?? I'm not so sure... He was definitely ill tho... Pac was dope but not better than any of those and cube should probably be in over grap now that I think of it... Kiss has so much material but if we are talking Mt Rushmore???

it has to be rakim, cube, Kane, and black Thought cuz he's the only one that goes all the way back to early 90s and still murders you every time you hear him.. he's the FDR of my Mt Rushmore, been president mc for like 8-9 terms now
+1   

1 month ago '20        #8
Gen Anti Fruit  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 67312 67 K  Slaps total: 3580 3 K
I mean not that crazy if you have a diverse taste in Hip Hop

Mount Rushmore was always kind of silly and limited to me.

Also it would need to be updated as time progresses because these youngsters don’t respect old head sh*t.

It depends how you judge. No disrespect to legends but their are others.
+3   

1 month ago '13        #9
EZ Green  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 68691 68 K  Slaps total: 9108 9 K
LL Rakim Scarface Pac

1 month ago '16        #10
Shawn324 
Props total: 5695 5 K  Slaps total: 601 601
Take biggie, Nas, and Jayz off and just leave Pac

1 month ago '20        #11
LegendKilla03  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x76
Props total: 75325 75 K  Slaps total: 10083 10 K
 Shawn324 said
Take biggie, Nas, and Jayz off and just leave Pac

U want 2 pac all to urself huh?
+6   

1 month ago '13        #12
PyrexVisionary  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x28
Props total: 33755 33 K  Slaps total: 4088 4 K
They don’t. I didn’t watch but DJ Kool Herc, Africa Bambataa, Grand Master Flash & DJ Coke La Rock (first rapper ever) are thee true architects of Hip Hop and are who belong on Hip Hops Mt Rushmore. The Presidents on Mt Rushmore are the architects of this country, saying Biggie, Jay, Nas & Pac belong on Hip Hops Mt Rushmore is like saying JFK, Reagan, Clinton & Obama belong on the presidential Mt Rushmore just cause they were liked the most.
+1   

1 month ago '19        #13
Bklynzfinest  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 29365 29 K  Slaps total: 3769 3 K
 PyrexVisionary said
They don’t. I didn’t watch but DJ Kool Herc, Africa Bambataa, Grand Master Flash & DJ Coke La Rock (first rapper ever) are thee true architects of Hip Hop and are who belong on Hip Hops Mt Rushmore. The Presidents on Mt Rushmore are the architects of this country, saying Biggie, Jay, Nas & Pac belong on Hip Hops Mt Rushmore is like saying JFK, Reagan, Clinton & Obama belong on the presidential Mt Rushmore just cause they were liked the most.
Ain't putting any child molesters on any mount fam...idc how great ghe contribution to hip hop...I'm good with the others and your point though...

I'd just also point out that from a length of service and achievement stance, Clinton and JFK wouldn't belong on the list...Obama and Reagan do for their respective parties, but they were as much loved as hated...JFK was close to being universally loved (by the people) tho...FDR would go on the list for sure and I don't know a worthy 4th...i guess JFK...'dead presidents get better promotion'...

The problem with the 'architects' argument is that the constitution and other huge ammendments that those ones on rushmore drew up is still being used today whereas in hip hop, we're not using the dudes from the 70 and 80s' styles...however, from those golden era emcees, their styles continue to live on and will forever...technology has a lot to do with that too, but the 80s stars didn't make the transition to the 90s, whereas a chunnk of the 90s stars continue to be relevant today, 2 and a half decades past their primes.

Last edited by Bklynzfinest; 06-22-2021 at 10:01 AM..
+2   

1 month ago '04        #14
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 29141 29 K  Slaps total: 2296 2 K
 eyensteyn said
I didn't watch the video but Krs, Kane, grap, and rakim be a tough 4 to beat if we talking bars... Dope as Nas was he wanted to be rakim, pun probably improved grap style but the longevity isn't there...
Biggie was mad original but could he really beat Kane in a battle?? Could he beat any of those guys?? I'm not so sure... He was definitely ill tho... Pac was dope but not better than any of those and cube should probably be in over grap now that I think of it... Kiss has so much material but if we are talking Mt Rushmore???

it has to be rakim, cube, Kane, and black Thought cuz he's the only one that goes all the way back to early 90s and still murders you every time you hear him.. he's the FDR of my Mt Rushmore, been president mc for like 8-9 terms now
Not mad at this at all

1 month ago '20        #15
LegendKilla03  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x76
Props total: 75325 75 K  Slaps total: 10083 10 K
 LegendKilla03 said

@

1 month ago '19        #16
 eyensteyn said

NaS been eclipsed Rakim...wanting to be someone and idolizing them doesn't mean u can't surpass them...

Does Rakim come close to Nas' creativity? Nas' pen game >>> Rakim's...sorry old old heads...may sound like blasphemy because he got his style from him, Kool G rap, and Melle mel...but that's what influence is...he been passed those dudes by 2002 when he corrected the path of his legacy with Stillmatic a year earlier and followed it up with God's son...
+2   

1 month ago '10        #17
NoahJordan 
Props total: 1904 1 K  Slaps total: 523 523
old dusty outta touch n*ggas .... lol

1 month ago '04        #18
Cutty Olds 
Props total: 18341 18 K  Slaps total: 1591 1 K
 eyensteyn said

I feel you but Jay’s resume is unmatched...that n*gga ain’t got a real reason to take him off of there...

- Jay -Z broke Elvis and the Beatles record for most 1’s
- Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Jay-Z sold a million records in less than a week and did it in a way that changed how music companies did their roll outs
- Sold out Madison Square
- Was the President of Def Jam
- Ghost Written some of the illest songs for other rappers
- Has a few of the highest selling tours in hip hop history
- Owned one of the dopest rap labels in history
- Jay Z also has rapped in 5 different decades...4 of them in which he held serious weight in...The only other rappers who can even say that is Busta Rhymes, Ice Cube, Too Short, E-40, De La Soul, and Scarface if he decides to drop another album

You can not knock Jay-Z...that sh*t has gotten beyond old

KRS One should be up there definitely and I absolutely no qualms about the man Rakim, I think Ice Cube should be up there as well as Dr Dre but let me ask you question...do you feel that Russell Simmons, Puff Daddy, and even Kanye West could be on there? And how are we gonna leave off Nas?

Last edited by Cutty Olds; 06-22-2021 at 10:34 AM..

1 month ago '05        #19
projectd06 
Props total: 28943 28 K  Slaps total: 7126 7 K
Dude saying it for views but Biggie could go

1 month ago '16        #20
Shawn324 
Props total: 5695 5 K  Slaps total: 601 601
 LegendKilla03 said

1 month ago '04        #21
Cutty Olds 
Props total: 18341 18 K  Slaps total: 1591 1 K
 LegendKilla03 said

A yo fu*k you for this sh*t here bruh!

1 month ago '19        #22
 Cutty Olds said
I feel you but Jayís resume is unmatched...that n*gga ainít got a real reason to take him off of there...

- Jay -Z broke Elvis and the Beatles record for most 1ís
- Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Jay-Z sold a million records in less than a week and did it in a way that changed how music companies did their roll outs
- Sold out Madison Square
- Was the President of Def Jam
- Ghost Written some of the illest songs for other rappers
- Has a few of the highest selling tours in hip hop history
- Owned one of the dopest rap labels in history
- Jay Z also has rapped in 5 different decades...4 of them in which he held serious weight in...The only other rappers who can even say that is Busta Rhymes, Ice Cube, Too Short, E-40, De La Soul, and Scarface if he decides to drop another album

You can not knock Jay-Z...that sh*t has gotten beyond old

KRS One should be up there definitely and I absolutely no qualms about the man Rakim, I think Ice Cube should be up there as well as Dr Dre but let me ask you question...do you feel that Russell Simmons, Puff Daddy, and even Kanye West could be on there? And how are we gonna leave off Nas?
Lol we can't credit jay for rapping in the 80s man...come on...his start decade as a professional rapper is the 90s...and nas also held serious weight in each of those decades..

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+48online now  46
OT Sha'Carri Richardson tweets the Olympics are trash w/o..
247 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+77online now  24
Article inside My employer sent an email: Vaccination or termination
391 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-34online now  19
Real or fake : PJ Washington signs babymama Brittany Renner to 18 year dea..
47 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+38online now  10
Image(s) inside Is this what white women think of BX
112 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy