Microsoft Flight Simulator for Xbox Series X|S Will Have Up to 63 Enhanced Airports at Lau

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+22  53
37 replies  @sports

most viewed right now
+196  48
124 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

1 month ago '04        #1
537 page views
12 comments

Da Ill One|M  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 14329 14 K  Slaps total: 891 891
Microsoft Flight Simulator for Xbox Series X|S Will Have Up to 63 Enhanced Airports at Lau

Microsoft Flight Simulator

Night Mode
Microsoft Flight Simulator is a massive package full of content, which shouldn’t surprise, considering that it features the while world. Yet, Xbox users will be able to enjoy even more content at launch than PC users did.

While the simulator includes over 37,000 airports, most of them are procedurally-generated based on Bing Maps, so they’re not as “true-to-life” as you would expect from bespoke airport created manually by artists.

Most are not terrible, but the experience of taking-off and landing at an enhanced airport is much more immersive.

If you look at the official lists, the $59.99 Standard Edition includes 30 of those hand-crafted airports. The $89.99 Deluxe Edition grants 35, and the $119.99 Premium Deluxe Edition includes 40.

Yet, those lists date back to the PC release and are now outdated. In reality, you’ll get 53 hand-crafted airports with the Standard Edition, 58 with the Deluxe Edition, and 63 with the premium edition, which is a lot more.

The reason behind this is in the bi-monthly World Updates that Microsoft has been releasing for the PC version, adding better details, many points of interest, enhanced cities, and more hand-crafted airports to specific nations or regions. The good news is that Xbox users will be able to enjoy all that additional content from the get-go.

Five World Updates have been released so far. The World Update featuring Japan added 6 airports, the World Update for the USA added 4, the update for the UK added 5, the update for France and Benelux added 3, and the recently-released update for Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, & Iceland added another 5, for a total of 23 additional hand-crafted airports included in every edition.

If you’re wondering about the difference, below you can see the bespoke Stockholm Arlanda Airport added in the latest update (in the first image), compared to its default procedurally-generated version (in the second image). Let’s just say that the former is a pretty realistic and faithful reproduction of the real airport. The latter is… not.

So, which airports are you getting with each edition? Below you can find an updated table with a full list. Do keep in mind that the pricier editions also grant you additional aircraft, but since none were added in updates, the Xbox version will get exactly the same as the PC version.

Last edited by Da Ill One; 06-21-2021 at 06:38 PM..
+7   

best
worst
12 comments

1 month ago '16        #2
Quinn 
Props total: 6484 6 K  Slaps total: 1527 1 K
cant even be mad

+1   

1 month ago '21        #3
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 10568 10 K  Slaps total: 2745 2 K
Can you fly over your house?
+4   

1 month ago '05        #4
jaedot 
Props total: 17329 17 K  Slaps total: 996 996
Bout to be flying over Queens

1 month ago '12        #5
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 176431 176 K  Slaps total: 10246 10 K
 Jonny2soxs said

Yep lol.

1 month ago '20        #6
Mysticman  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 35122 35 K  Slaps total: 11549 11 K
Cant wait until theres a driving game like this Bout to be driving from ATL to Cali when I can do it in real life
+5   

1 month ago '11        #7
Blokka Blokka  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 21088 21 K  Slaps total: 4478 4 K
 Jonny2soxs said

Just did it last night
+11   

1 month ago '21        #8
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 10568 10 K  Slaps total: 2745 2 K
 Blokka Blokka said

Just did it last night
Wtf
+1   

1 month ago '11        #9
If any of yall are playing

Take off from Luka Airport. That runway is ridiculous. Its a slope downhill in the middle of the himalayan mountains and really small

Tried taking a Boeing jet off it and didn't even get off the ground
+3   

1 month ago '04        #10
Liquid-Science 
Props total: 2025 2 K  Slaps total: 398 398
I wanna see how well they got the DC area mapped out

I've heard people say DCA airport's runways are short for a major city's airport...Gonna see how they are

I've never played any of these Flight sim games, gonna have to learn how to do all this stuff

1 month ago '11        #11
 Liquid-Science said
I wanna see how well they got the DC area mapped out

I've heard people say DCA airport's runways are short for a major city's airport...Gonna see how they are

I've never played any of these Flight sim games, gonna have to learn how to do all this stuff
If you just wanna sightsee, you can have the ai pilot it. You just input the departure, arrival and all places you want to fly over in between. You can set the cruising altitude as well. I was flying like 200 feet up to be closer
+2   

1 month ago '16        #12
postemupndunkit 
Props total: 67203 67 K  Slaps total: 8050 8 K
Billy bishop is gonna be so lit
+1   

1 month ago '11        #13

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  17
Image(s) inside Aug 1 - Georgia teen shot and k*lled in shopping mall after food court..
98 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+20online now  16
Took his whole health bar bro.
22 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
+192online now  6
Is akademiks speaking facts??