Jun 21 - YouTube streamers are making bank — just by walking around NYC

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
171 replies  @hiphop

most viewed right now
+16  72
170 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '04        #1
1420 page views
22 comments

jlandryst  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x24
Props total: 9969 9 K  Slaps total: 1026 1 K
Jun 21 - YouTube streamers are making bank — just by walking around NYC

Lots of New Yorkers fell in love with taking long walks during the pandemic. Now, some of them have made it their jobs.

Kenneth Chin quit his career as an accountant in January to focus on walking around neighborhoods — Times Square one night, Jackson Heights the next day, then Williamsburg — and livestreaming what he sees on YouTube.

“New York City really is a city that’s full of life and endless things to do; there’s always new opportunities, new things opening up,” said Chin, 33, whose ActionKid channel has 266,000 subscribers and more than 84.8 million views.

“People are realizing that, ‘Wow, I can actually really showcase my city in a way that I enjoy it and show it to my audience,’ ” he added.

Livestream walking tours of New York City have become incredibly popular since the start of the pandemic, as people around the world have been eager to see something beyond their own backyards. Viewers tuned in for the curiosity factor of an empty city, then kept coming back as the hustle and bustle returned.

Chin, who started livestreaming his walks in 2019, has gained 149,000 subscribers and averaged around 4 million views per month since March 2020. He’s made almost 3,000 videos and some — walks around Fifth Avenue, Times Square and Downtown Brooklyn — have notched up a million or more views.

He said a single livestream can pull in a hundred dollars or more just from viewer donations. Filming around a mostly empty Times Square this past New Year’s Eve, Chin earned $2,000 after taxes from donations and advertisements.

Sifat Razwan, 23, a student at Queens College who runs the NYC Walking Show, can make between $400 and $1,000 or more for videos that rack up 100,000 views. Although Razwan, who has more than 43,000 subscribers, does not pursue livestreaming full time, he acknowledges that “whatever I’m making is quite enough for me.”

He typically sticks to tourist spots like Central Park, Roosevelt Island and Coney Island.

“I think people really like my enthusiasm, how I talk, how I share my experiences,” Razwan told The Post.

In addition to hitting the expected spots of Little Italy and Brooklyn Bridge, Chin often takes viewers to less touristy neighborhoods, like East New York and the Hole, a Queens neighborhood that is some 30 feet below sea level and suffers from dire flooding.

Commenters sometimes call him out for describing an area as “sketchy.” One posted about Chin’s “NYC Most Dangerous Neighborhoods?: Walking Brownsville & East New York, Brooklyn via Sutter Avenue” video: “ppl from the hood are just ordinary ppl trying to make it day by day with the little they have.”

Dramatic weather conditions bring in lots of viewers for Chin and Ariel Viera, whose Urbanist channel has more than 43,000 subscribers.

“I think people just want to feel close to the city, despite them being thousands of miles away, [so] when a large snowstorm happens it’s like a major event to them,” said Viera, who appears on camera as he samples food in Astoria’s Little Brazil or rides an East River ferry. He also interacts with commenters while he’s walking around and streaming.

“I tell people stories about the history, we chat about the architecture, we speculate about what this building used to be,” said Viera, who is in his 30s and does this full time. “On a tour, I’m researching anywhere from three to 10 hours or more if I’m deeply interested in the subject.”

Karla Murray, 52, a photographer who runs the James and Karla channel with her husband, said they also draw viewers from as far as Australia and Germany.

“Some say that they don’t think they’ll ever be able to come to New York,” Murray said. “A woman who’s on dialysis everyday, she can’t possibly travel, but she watches it because she just loves New York and she loves these small little independent stores in the places where she’s from, and she sees it as an extension of what’s happening in her own country or town.”

The streamers are hopeful the trend will outlive pandemic boredom.

“When [viewers] say to us, ‘Oh, this is so nice, I feel like I’m eating the meal with you, or walking in Central Park with you’ … we love that, because that’s what we’re trying to achieve through these walks,” Murray said. “We’re trying to bring a little piece of New York to them, wherever they are.”

visit this link https://nypost.com/2021/0 .. ng-around-nyc/
+8   

best
worst
22 comments

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '20        #2
BlacksAndLatins  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 14259 14 K  Slaps total: 8044 8 K
had to stop reading as soon as the first youtube video popped up with that windowless skyscraper

i was literally JUST thinking about that bi*ch like a couple days ago.. if that....

that sh*t weird as hell how i'll be thinking of the most RANDOM RANDOM sh*t and come onto BX and see it mentioned here

it's one thing if it's, say... a Dave Chappelle stand-up clip and then a couple hours there's a thread on him... but this sh*t

1 month ago '07        #3
Cartel-Clipz 
Props total: 80255 80 K  Slaps total: 4877 4 K
 BlacksAndLatins said
had to stop reading as soon as the first youtube video popped up with that windowless skyscraper

i was literally JUST thinking about that bi*ch like a couple days ago.. if that....

that sh*t weird as hell how i'll be thinking of the most RANDOM RANDOM sh*t and come onto BX and see it mentioned here

it's one thing if it's, say... a Dave Chappelle stand-up clip and then a couple hours there's a thread on him... but this sh*t
coincidences still exist
+7   

1 month ago '18        #4
Doit 
Props total: 2682 2 K  Slaps total: 43 43
There are a million ways to make a million dollars.

+13   

1 month ago '20        #5
Oldbrooklyn718 
Props total: 15298 15 K  Slaps total: 1197 1 K
 BlacksAndLatins said

That building HAS to be a Fed super max Prison…
It’s down the block from Fed Plaza so it’s not far fetched

No convincing me otherwise sh*t reminds me of sh*t from Judge Dredd or something…I’ve walked around it…
All they have outside is one Verizon sign and those huge a*s vents on the side
Why else would one need no windows on such a huge fu*king building?!?!!

On another note?!?!!
I’m about convinced to take my entertaining a*s voice and authentic Brooklynese accent to see if I can cash out a lil’ sum’n
+2   

1 month ago '17        #6
Skrr 
Props total: 1923 1 K  Slaps total: 183 183
 Oldbrooklyn718 said
That building HAS to be a Fed super max Prison…
It’s down the block from Fed Plaza so it’s not far fetched

No convincing me otherwise sh*t reminds me of sh*t from Judge Dredd or something…I’ve walked around it…
All they have outside is one Verizon sign and those huge a*s vents on the side
Why else would one need no windows on such a huge fu*king building?!?!!

On another note?!?!!
I’m about convinced to take my entertaining a*s voice and authentic Brooklynese accent to see if I can cash out a lil’ sum’n
It's likely servers and data centers which don't need (or even wan't) windows.

1 month ago '20        #7
Oldbrooklyn718 
 Skrr said
I feel you …Think positive…But…I don’t trust these n*ggas man!!!!

1 month ago '04        #8
gee123 
Props total: 137 137  Slaps total: 10 10
 Skrr said
It's actually a prison I walk by it everyday
+1   

1 month ago '16        #9
Hoggystyle  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 75162 75 K  Slaps total: 8422 8 K
Walk-in thru NYC is an event to these n*ggas
+2   

1 month ago '19        #10
Megaman 
Props total: 4220 4 K  Slaps total: 5121 5 K
 jlandryst said
Lots of New Yorkers fell in love with taking long walks during the pandemic. Now, some of them have made it their jobs.

Kenneth Chin quit his career as an accountant in January to focus on walking around neighborhoods — Times Square one night, Jackson Heights the next day, then Williamsburg — and livestreaming what he sees on YouTube.

“New York City really is a city that’s full of life and endless things to do; there’s always new opportunities, new things opening up,” said Chin, 33, whose ActionKid channel has 266,000 subscribers and more than 84.8 million views.

this is the secret ATT building that the NSA uses to spy on everyone in NYC.

1 month ago '19        #11
Megaman 
Props total: 4220 4 K  Slaps total: 5121 5 K
 oldbrooklyn718 said
that building has to be a fed super max prison…
it’s down the block from fed plaza so it’s not far fetched

no convincing me otherwise sh*t reminds me of sh*t from judge dredd or something…i’ve walked around it…
all they have outside is one verizon sign and those huge a*s vents on the side
why else would one need no windows on such a huge fu*king building?!?!!

On another note?!?!!
I’m about convinced to take my entertaining a*s voice and authentic brooklynese accent to see if i can cash out a lil’ sum’n
nsa
+1   

1 month ago '20        #12
Oldbrooklyn718 
 gee123 said
It's actually a prison I walk by it everyday
See?!?!??! I know I ain’t crazy man!!!!!

Matter of fact the Dept of buildings is down there too…
Let’s see how far this freedom of information act goes later this week …

I just wanna peep the blueprints…

1 month ago '13        #13
NoYouWantFindMe 
Props total: 2312 2 K  Slaps total: 396 396
meanwhile a bunch of lazy nyc bx'ers are collecting unemployment, watching vladtv, and fapping to the thottie section

+2   

1 month ago '07        #14
young mad 
Props total: 24168 24 K  Slaps total: 1333 1 K
Action kid be everywhere
+1   

1 month ago '04        #15
astrotrain 
Props total: 3041 3 K  Slaps total: 242 242
yeah gotta admit i watched a few vids on new york dudes jsut walking or driving through the city. One dude just does graffiti tours showing legend spots and all round bombing. Lotta people jsut find NYC fascinating. Coming up on 10 years since i went to NYC i hope to go again some day.
+1   

1 month ago '19        #16
SomeBlacckGuy 
Props total: 100 100  Slaps total: 9 9
 Skrr said
Your statement holds true, but there are a few private prisons in NYC and that in Ops video is one of them.

1 month ago '18        #17
HitmanBeats  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 8729 8 K  Slaps total: 750 750
 young mad said
Action kid be everywhere
Yea, they press him alot though. He gotta figure somethin out, he too fragile when it comes to confrontation. I think he recently stopped doing live streams on his channel because of this. Now you have to pay to watch him go live.

1 month ago '17        #18
Skrr 
Props total: 1923 1 K  Slaps total: 183 183
 Oldbrooklyn718 said
See?!?!??! I know I ain’t crazy man!!!!!

Matter of fact the Dept of buildings is down there too…
Let’s see how far this freedom of information act goes later this week …

I just wanna peep the blueprints…
I probably mixed up buildings - isn't the prison down on Baxter street connected to the municipal building?

And there's still windows but they're tiny slits in the concrete to prevent escape

1 month ago '07        #19
young mad 
Props total: 24168 24 K  Slaps total: 1333 1 K
 HitmanBeats said
Yea, they press him alot though. He gotta figure somethin out, he too fragile when it comes to confrontation. I think he recently stopped doing live streams on his channel because of this. Now you have to pay to watch him go live.
Wait Who pressed him? I saw he had almost gotten into it when he was in his scooter. You know how it is in the city, if you out everyday you gotta be prepared for the bullsh*t

1 month ago '18        #20
 young mad said
Wait Who pressed him? I saw he had almost gotten into it when he was in his scooter. You know how it is in the city, if you out everyday you gotta be prepared for the bullsh*t

ActionKid made a comment about this dude selling cd's in a past stream, years ago. Dude finally saw actionkid again and pressed him.

@1min

Gay dude confronting/trolling actionkid, Made him run like a punk

1 month ago '04        #21
jlandryst  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x24 OP
Props total: 9969 9 K  Slaps total: 1026 1 K
 HitmanBeats said
ActionKid made a comment about this dude selling cd's in a past stream, years ago. Dude finally saw actionkid again and pressed him.

@1min

Gay dude confronting/trolling actionkid, Made him run like a punk

I saw the CD guy video live I really thought he was gonna fu*k him up lol
He tried that bullsh*t with paying for his lives. He saw it wasn’t working. Nobody was paying so he went back to doing reg lives he just more careful.

1 month ago '07        #22
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x56
Props total: 83909 83 K  Slaps total: 9217 9 K
so many people making bank, so few people actually contributing to society

1 month ago '18        #23
 jlandryst said
I saw the CD guy video live I really thought he was gonna fu*k him up lol
He tried that bullsh*t with paying for his lives. He saw it wasn’t working. Nobody was paying so he went back to doing reg lives he just more careful.

oh sh*t, already!? lmaooo, Good looks on the update!

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+50online now  27
OT Sha'Carri Richardson tweets the Olympics are trash w/o..
256 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+78online now  24
Article inside My employer sent an email: Vaccination or termination
398 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-34online now  21
Real or fake : PJ Washington signs babymama Brittany Renner to 18 year dea..
47 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+79online now  9
The chemistry was god level.
51 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy