Jun 21 - Retail Workers Resigning for BETTER PAY in Record Numbers!

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
114 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '16        #1
3183 page views
81 comments

Boogersugar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 78227 78 K  Slaps total: 10578 10 K
Jun 21 - Retail Workers Resigning for BETTER PAY in Record Numbers!

Turned the pandemic into a bandemic you know that's the sh*t that we on

Meanwhile the retail sector has twice the openings they had last year

Some of these minimum wage roles will disappear forever if companies don't wanna up the pay

+30   

best
worst
81 comments

1 month ago '17        #2
Majestic 
Props total: 1743 1 K  Slaps total: 353 353
When unemployed pays you better why would I work a minimum paying job?
+51   

1 month ago '14        #3
BasedGawd  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 24864 24 K  Slaps total: 3579 3 K
What are these "higher paying industries" that retail workers are jumping to?
+38   

1 month ago '10        #4
lltreyll 
Props total: 4033 4 K  Slaps total: 1289 1 K
 BasedGawd said
I was curious about that too and found this said about it.

"Some are finding less stressful positions at insurance agencies, marijuana dispensaries, banks, and local governments, where their customer service skills are rewarded with higher wages and better benefits. Others are going back to school to learn new trades, or waiting until they are able to secure reliable child care."
+53   

1 month ago '08        #5
daluckychild 
Props total: 4047 4 K  Slaps total: 98 98
 BasedGawd said
Like poster above said plus its not worth the bullsh*t anymore. Now people realize i dont have to kiss a*s and get the short end of the stick every day just to have enough money to be broke. Might as well be broke with a smile on your face and some resemblance of dignity than to sell your soul for sh*t wages AND get treated like sh*t by your employer and the customer.
+25   

1 month ago '04        #6
collegeboy58 
Props total: 19715 19 K  Slaps total: 1019 1 K
I thought Target was starting people off at $15/hr.
+3   

1 month ago '19        #7
zzxxccvvbb 
Props total: 26085 26 K  Slaps total: 3371 3 K
Makes sense, tons of people were just working jobs that wouldn't close until they could see the pandemic finish line
+1   

1 month ago '12        #8
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 175996 175 K  Slaps total: 10225 10 K
Now the whole "Find a better job don't ask for higher wages!" crowd is going to get mad and say "Go back to slave wages!!!"

Cause America likes being enslaved by corporate masters. It's the American Way
+36   

1 month ago '15        #9
TheCompanyMan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 16122 16 K  Slaps total: 1555 1 K
I’m loving this unintended labor movement.
+21   

1 month ago '15        #10
Lord Funkington 
Props total: 7279 7 K  Slaps total: 1072 1 K
You know there's plenty of retail middle management complaining they can't hire anybody because everyone is getting free money. But not every state was the same in unemployment numbers. So whats the excuse now besides these companies provide a sh*tty workplace and are close to selling their work force out once automation becomes more profitable.
+7   

1 month ago '19        #11
SosaDaPlug 
Props total: 1766 1 K  Slaps total: 58 58
n*ggas quitting work with no additional employable skills is a dumb a*s plan…they just gone have to reapply to another job just like it…people think this a win but a job shortage will follow once corporate pivots to the solution. Then we’ll have a real problem…

1 month ago '19        #12
Megaman 
Props total: 4220 4 K  Slaps total: 5121 5 K
 SweezyDeuce said
Retail sucks. Customers are entitled and think they know it all due to google or ads. The old customer is always right entitlement comes out. The corporations donít care about anything other than the dollar and profits. Just an awful industry right now. d*ckhead managers with their corny mottos.
i mean it's a fu*kin job, and you do what is required by your employer. it's not that difficult.

people nowadays seem to confuse their leisure time with working.

i'd blame smartphones. companies should have policies where you have to lock your smartphone in a locker during your shift. that would change attitudes real quick.

1 month ago '17        #13
DeadendBoy 
Props total: 13562 13 K  Slaps total: 1514 1 K
 OldBusiness said
Now the whole "Find a better job don't ask for higher wages!" crowd is going to get mad and say "Go back to slave wages!!!"

Cause America likes being enslaved by corporate masters. It's the American Way
And want you to be grateful while doing it
+5   

1 month ago '07        #14
varun313 
Props total: 3912 3 K  Slaps total: 493 493
companies fu*ked up by paying sh*t salaries/wages
+11   

1 month ago '17        #15
Coffee 
Props total: 37916 37 K  Slaps total: 7852 7 K
 collegeboy58 said
I thought Target was starting people off at $15/hr.
In my town, they do start you off around there. Same at Best Buy but those jobs are coveted and, at Target anyway, you can't get 40 hours. I heard they let people go at weird intervals. At Best Buy, where I checked it, they were hiring, but everyone always acted weird when you asked about it. 'Check online' is the go to.

I get it. But just saying.
+3   

1 month ago '15        #16
NUT456 
Props total: 4459 4 K  Slaps total: 283 283
 Megaman said
i mean it's a fu*kin job, and you do what is required by your employer. it's not that difficult.

people nowadays seem to confuse their leisure time with working.

i'd blame smartphones. companies should have policies where you have to lock your smartphone in a locker during your shift. that would change attitudes real quick.

So I gotta work this BS a*s job and I canít be on Boxden.

Thanks, but no thanks lol.
+4   

1 month ago '04        #17
franchise  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 11953 11 K  Slaps total: 1047 1 K
 SweezyDeuce said
Retail sucks. Customers are entitled and think they know it all due to google or ads. The old customer is always right entitlement comes out. The corporations donít care about anything other than the dollar and profits. Just an awful industry right now. d*ckhead managers with their corny mottos.

which store do you work for?

1 month ago '13        #18
wrecklessvlee 
Props total: 1732 1 K  Slaps total: 259 259
I left my part time job at a major hotel to go to a smaller hotel. I just can't handle the non business travelers. People that have no etiquette boil my gears. Businesses are doing whatever to replace losses and some don't care to hire more staff cuz the staff they have is helping thier labor cost.
+4   

1 month ago '04        #19
d.c. supreme  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 30093 30 K  Slaps total: 1434 1 K
like i said earlier this year. this is the only time most of y'all will ever have any leverage in the job market in your entire lives, use it wisely. never has the market had to shut down then re-open in our lifetimes, this is why this opportunity exists. make that come up this year in a better gig. companies are desperate out there. i actually liked my old job but i quit after sniffing around and got hit up with so many offers i was getting heated at all the e-mail notifications upped my salary by 5 figures in a similar job with a better company, better benefits and they don't expect you to always work extra hours or weekends so it's a better work/life balance.
+18   

1 month ago '20        #20
Here4dacomments 
Props total: 1313 1 K  Slaps total: 154 154
 BasedGawd said
Gig economy jobs like insta cart, door dash, Uber or a side hustle sh*t like that

+4   

1 month ago '17        #21
Ifeellikekobe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 70899 70 K  Slaps total: 4798 4 K
Here comes the corporate bootlickers
+13   

1 month ago '08        #22
litdes 
Props total: 6559 6 K  Slaps total: 401 401
Again the fact that people would sit on unemployment for what averages to a lil over 40 bucks a day says there’s a problem with the system. fu*k these corporations let em crumble. Change ain’t easy and there will be discomfort but this sh*t can’t continue this way. We’re literally treated like useless slaves
+11   

1 month ago '15        #23
Spawn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 71286 71 K  Slaps total: 6283 6 K
 d.c. supreme said
like i said earlier this year. this is the only time most of y'all will ever have any leverage in the job market in your entire lives, use it wisely. never has the market had to shut down then re-open in our lifetimes, this is why this opportunity exists. make that come up this year in a better gig. companies are desperate out there. i actually liked my old job but i quit after sniffing around and got hit up with so many offers i was getting heated at all the e-mail notifications upped my salary by 5 figures in a similar job with a better company, better benefits and they don't expect you to always work extra hours or weekends so it's a better work/life balance.
Summer's going to be telling. People either gonna grind, get skills and level up. Or party, blow that little bit of government money and be back to the same bs circumstances and rat race once things stabilized.
+3   

1 month ago '07        #24
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x56
Props total: 83893 83 K  Slaps total: 9211 9 K
 Majestic said
When unemployed pays you better why would I work a minimum paying job?
you wouldn't if you were raised with christian capitalist morals to conspire to obsess over money with the least possible contribution to society

the fact that you're even asking that question speaks volumes about your character and cultural heritage

1 month ago '07        #25
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x56
Props total: 83893 83 K  Slaps total: 9211 9 K
christian capitalists are scrambling to develop a cover story to deflect from the 360 degree sh*tty culture they've created to line their own pockets

if you can't sell your product, the product is faulty
if you can't staff your business, the company is faulty

it's that fu*kin simple a**holes

christian capitalists want to reward horrible predatory companies with terrible products and services and toxic work environments by leveraging and intimidating people into accepting dehumanizing positions instead of letting the market sort itself out

the entire culture of chrisitian capitalism is about dominion, power and control and capitalism and sh*tty jobs are their primary weapon
+5   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-23online now  22
Whatever happen to that kristine leahy chick
55 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+20online now  13
Biden Hints There May Be Forced Vaccinations For Everybody By Federal Government
230 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+54online now  10
Video inside Beanie Sigel and Nore on Drink Champs dropping Tomorrow "Dame or Jay-z ..
84 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+179online now  9
Video inside Da baby kicks questlove out of hiphop
329 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy