The Horrifying Origin Story Of Luca Brasi | The Godfather

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
101 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 month ago '18        #1
1236 page views
17 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x95
Props total: 119790 119 K  Slaps total: 5383 5 K
The Horrifying Origin Story Of Luca Brasi | The Godfather

+11   

best
worst
17 comments

1 month ago '10        #2
t from the 617 
Props total: 24707 24 K  Slaps total: 777 777
didnt watch the video but i a*sume its the story from the book with the baby

..... yea that sh*t could never be in a movie
+12   

1 month ago '04        #3
jaynat603  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7594 7 K  Slaps total: 809 809
 t from the 617 said

This. The way he murdered his newborn and the woman he was seeing that gave birth to that newborn was fu*ked up. Nowadays film wise it could be, just have to be elaborate and creative regarding the scenes like Seven when brad was asking what was in the box or bold like Midsommar and a Serbian film. Luca was a madman back in Italy and if there would be a film or series about his rise, it'll be a real dark one especially by what was described in the book

Last edited by jaynat603; 06-21-2021 at 12:18 PM..
+8   

1 month ago '09        #4
faceoffizhere 
Props total: 11947 11 K  Slaps total: 2910 2 K
Wild this pops up I just seen this movie for the first time yesterday

1 month ago '21        #5
Tlatoani  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 9926 9 K  Slaps total: 2128 2 K
The book is amazing.
+4   

1 month ago '16        #6
smokeytheblunt2 
Props total: 46051 46 K  Slaps total: 2603 2 K
 t from the 617 said

has to be……
+1   

1 month ago '16        #7
smokeytheblunt2 
 Tlatoani said
The book is amazing.
there was so much from the book that they should have included in the movie(this topic not being one of them)……..
+3   

1 month ago '18        #8
ItsThatEasy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 24589 24 K  Slaps total: 1917 1 K
Trash culture.

1 month ago '16        #9
smokeytheblunt2 
i hope that the movie about the behind the scenes sh*t that’s coming really covers all the insanity that went on while filming 1………

a lot of the extras were Colombo’s, a few big mob names got k*lled for telling actors too much, the guy that played Luca was Joe Colombo’s bodyguard in real life, Carlo Gambino showed up to watch them film Vito getting shot and i’m just getting started……..

James Caan got so close to the Persico’s and Russo’s that Andy Russo(current Colombo boss) is Scott Caans godfather and when him and Pesci had their beef there were sit downs held over it between the Colombo’s and Genovese(who helped him, Frank Vincent and the Four Season’s their starts in the entertainment industry)………
+11   

1 month ago '10        #10
t from the 617 
Props total: 24707 24 K  Slaps total: 777 777
 smokeytheblunt2 said
there was so much from the book that they should have included in the movie(this topic not being one of them)……..
except shorty who got the cat surgery... that sh*t was too bizarre, i'm surprised it was in the book too.
+3   

1 month ago '16        #11
smokeytheblunt2 
 t from the 617 said
except shorty who got the cat surgery... that sh*t was too bizarre, i'm surprised it was in the book too.
there are some weird parts in the book…….

including the Capone beef would have cool tho……
+2   

1 month ago '19        #12
HOTTSPITTA 
Props total: 5722 5 K  Slaps total: 991 991
 smokeytheblunt2 said
i hope that the movie about the behind the scenes sh*t that’s coming really covers all the insanity that went on while filming 1………

a lot of the extras were Colombo’s, a few big mob names got k*lled for telling actors too much, the guy that played Luca was Joe Colombo’s bodyguard in real life, Carlo Gambino showed up to watch them film Vito getting shot and i’m just getting started……..

James Caan got so close to the Persico’s and Russo’s that Andy Russo(current Colombo boss) is Scott Caans godfather and when him and Pesci had their beef there were sit downs held over it between the Colombo’s and Genovese(who helped him, Frank Vincent and the Four Season’s their starts in the entertainment industry)………
Damn bro. I’m mad disappointed in myself. This is goat movie for me (first 2) an did not know this info. Very interesting. Can point me in direction to find out more about it ? Or care to elaborate more ?
+1   

1 month ago '15        #13
Hellmatic 
Props total: 42209 42 K  Slaps total: 4303 4 K
 HOTTSPITTA said
Damn bro. I’m mad disappointed in myself. This is goat movie for me (first 2) an did not know this info. Very interesting. Can point me in direction to find out more about it ? Or care to elaborate more ?
Smokey is a mob encyclopedia. Dont be disappointed
+2   

1 month ago '04        #14
alexmooos22 
Props total: 973 973  Slaps total: 99 99
Carlo was a pu**y. Luca should have never been sent to Tatalia. That move was too transparent.

They needed Luca to setup a hit scenario on Don Corleone. To give a offering for his membership.

1 month ago '16        #15
smokeytheblunt2 
 HOTTSPITTA said
there’s a doc on youtube about it that i’ll link you to when i get home. but i can give you more details to help fill some of it in. Joe Colombo had just gotten the Italian American Rights league off the ground and had some success getting mob themed sh*t taken off the shelves just as production for the movie started so in order not to have the league breathing down their necks while they tried to shoot in Little Italy they agreed to let Colombo read the script, take out anything he deemed offensive(he got a scene that mentions the word mafia taken out) and Colombo agreed to stop any problems filming. this led to a lot of Colombo guys being around the set and they ended up with extra roles. every photographer and background gangsters you see when Sonny attacks the press at Connie’s wedding were all real gangsters…..

off set the guy that played Sollozza was brothers-in-law with Patsy Eboli, a Genovese captain and they brought over Pacino for dinner to give him some pointers. Patsy was murdered a few years later and the dinner played a role. back on set Caan’s crazy a*s got so close the Persico brothers and their cousins the Russos(all big players in the Colombo’s) that the feds started putting him on their charts not knowing exactly who he was…….

Richard Castellano(Clemenza) was Paul Castellano’s nephew, Sinatra was so irritate about the Johnny Fontain character that he actually publicly intimidated Mario Puzo and every member of the cast and crew that were supposed to show up to the rally that Colombo was shot at were called early in the morning by an unknown caller telling to stay away from the rally…..

a lot of the scenes involving violence were taken directly from events of the Gallo/ Profaci war……

Last edited by smokeytheblunt2; 06-21-2021 at 09:20 PM..
+4   

1 month ago '16        #16
smokeytheblunt2 
 alexmooos22 said
Carlo was a pu**y. Luca should have never been sent to Tatalia. That move was too transparent.

They needed Luca to setup a hit scenario on Don Corleone. To give a offering for his membership.
definitely agree with the first two statements but in no version of The Godfather world would Luca ever betray Vito……….

1 month ago '04        #17
alexmooos22 
Props total: 973 973  Slaps total: 99 99
 smokeytheblunt2 said
definitely agree with the first two statements but in no version of The Godfather world would Luca ever betray Vito……….
Exactly, if he's known as a loyal savage, why would I believe he is gonna flip families....

Luca needed to sell that the Don was slipping and Luca being a hitter would know the most respectful way.

Then you walk em in and mop up the Ops.
+1   

1 month ago '16        #18
smokeytheblunt2 
 alexmooos22 said
Exactly, if he's known as a loyal savage, why would I believe he is gonna flip families....

Luca needed to sell that the Don was slipping and Luca being a hitter would know the most respectful way.

Then you walk em in and mop up the Ops.
my bad, i misunderstood your first post……

i agree with you here too…..
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-23online now  16
Whatever happen to that kristine leahy chick
51 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+54online now  11
Video inside Beanie Sigel and Nore on Drink Champs dropping Tomorrow "Dame or Jay-z ..
84 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+179online now  9
Video inside Da baby kicks questlove out of hiphop
329 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  7
The Ascent Reviews are in