Jun 19 - OnlyFans to Pivot Away From P@rnography, Seeking $1 Billion USD Valuation

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
32 replies  @hiphop

most viewed right now
25 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '04        #1
3537 page views
76 comments

jlandryst  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23
Props total: 9156 9 K  Slaps total: 977 977
Jun 19 - OnlyFans to Pivot Away From P@rnography, Seeking $1 Billion USD Valuation

OnlyFans, a site where celebrities and adult-film stars charge admirers for access to videos and photos, is in talks to raise new funding at a company valuation of more than $1 billion, according to people with knowledge of the matter.

The startup, which is profitable, is working with an adviser to solicit interest from investors, said one of the people, who asked not to be identified because the discussions are private. The idea is to find backers who can help it become more of a mainstream media platform and lessen its reputation for pr0n.

Though OnlyFans has roots in adult entertainment, the site wants to be a place where a broad range of celebrities and athletes can connect with fans. It’s also looking to attract more advertisers, some of which may be wary of its pr0n ties.

So far, its celebrity users include professional boxer Floyd Mayweather and rapper Cardi B. Companies such as Sticky’s Finger Joint, a restaurant chain specializing in chicken fingers, have joined OnlyFans as part of their marketing strategies.

“Athletes are a creator genre we’re seeing a lot of growth in,” OnlyFans founder and Chief Executive Officer Tim Stokely said when Mayweather joined the site earlier this month.

OnlyFans handled more than $2 billion in sales last year. Since the site takes a 20% fee, that means it had over $400 million in revenue.

This year, the London-based company is growing at a rate of over 100%, according to the person familiar with the situation. OnlyFans has said it’s paid out over $3 billion to the more than 1.25 million creators on its platform. It has over 130 million registered users.

An OnlyFans representative declined to comment.

Stokely, a British entrepreneur, founded the site in 2016 and later sold a majority stake to Leonid Radvinsky, a Chicago-based internet entrepreneur. Both Stokely and Radvinsky have a background in adult entertainment.

Use of OnlyFans exploded during the pandemic, as adult-film stars, models, fitness instructors and chefs all relied on the site to charge fans for special classes or private messages.

It faces competition from other sites seeking to profit from fan experiences. That includes Cameo, which lets celebrities sell personalized messages to fans. Baron App Inc., Cameo’s parent, said in March that it was valued at more than $1 billion after raising $100 million in a funding round from investors such as SoftBank Group Corp.’s Vision Fund 2 Earlier this week, Cameo announced it was adding basketball star Earvin “Magic” Johnson as a board member.

In enlisting more celebrities and athletes, OnlyFans aims to offer a view into their personal lives -- for a fee. That’s the case with Mayweather, who joined the site just before his exhibition f*ght with influencer Logan Paul last week.

“I’m looking forward to sharing a glimpse into my life and some never-before-seen content while getting to know top fans,” Mayweather said in a statement.

visit this link https://www.bloomberg.com .. bove-1-billion
+2   

best
worst
76 comments

1 month ago '15        #2
isthistobe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 59480 59 K  Slaps total: 7644 7 K
 SweezyDeuce said
��*♂️ yall gotta get the fu*k away from idolizing tv/music/sports stars. They ain’t sh*t
Fr fr
+18   

1 month ago '16        #3
BathWaterMelody  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 76034 76 K  Slaps total: 10500 10 K
browsing OnlyFans without pr0n is like browsing Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles without eating anything

I mean, you could buy a couple shirts or a hoodie at Roscoe's, but.....
+61   

1 month ago '09        #4
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x68
Props total: 230395 230 K  Slaps total: 25871 25 K
 BathWaterMelody said
browsing OnlyFans without pr0n is like browsing Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles without eating anything

SweezyDeuce said
��*♂️ yall gotta get the fu*k away from idolizing tv/music/sports stars. They ain’t sh*t

@ waiting for his idol nba herpes to join onlyfans
+14   

1 month ago '17        #5
Coffee 
Props total: 37533 37 K  Slaps total: 7740 7 K
Use of OnlyFans exploded during the pandemic, as adult-film stars, models, fitness instructors and chefs all relied on the site to charge fans for special classes or private messages.
Wrong.

This sh*t blew up because a large majority of social media females started up only fans.

Pandemic struck and most of the 'attractive' women on the internet became wh*res overnight.
+51   

1 month ago '07        #6
Cartel-Clipz 
Props total: 79920 79 K  Slaps total: 4831 4 K
Too late

+7   

1 month ago '04        #7
nwking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 21398 21 K  Slaps total: 2531 2 K
 Coffee said
Wrong.

This sh*t blew up because a large majority of social media females started up only fans.

Pandemic struck and most of the 'attractive' women on the internet became wh*res overnight.
Because they didn't want a real job. Onlyfans money was just too easy.
+24   

1 month ago '16        #8
Proveone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 72165 72 K  Slaps total: 4507 4 K
 BathWaterMelody said

This
+4   

1 month ago '16        #9
Hoggystyle  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 74886 74 K  Slaps total: 8353 8 K
Nah the stench still on her
+35   

1 month ago '04        #10
nwking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 21398 21 K  Slaps total: 2531 2 K
How much of the revenue is from adult content, my guess 75% or higher. What does BX think ?
+8   

1 month ago '14        #11
longliverick 
Props total: 12039 12 K  Slaps total: 6251 6 K
Guys are lame
+3   

1 month ago '21        #12
Marrero 
Props total: 1044 1 K  Slaps total: 447 447
This is how it originally was. They just doing a promo campaign to make their name more family friendly because most people think it’s a pr0n site.
+6   

1 month ago '15        #13
Hellmatic 
Props total: 42056 42 K  Slaps total: 4303 4 K
The value is in the pr0nography. Thats their bread and butter, thats like kfc tryna get rid of chicken. Just face it most people only use only fans for pr0no sh*t
+21   

1 month ago '06        #14
1 of 1 Houston 
Props total: 20095 20 K  Slaps total: 1741 1 K
You Beta's , Simps, and thirsty mofos are making this world too easy for bi*ches.

+46   

1 month ago '06        #15
1 of 1 Houston 
Props total: 20095 20 K  Slaps total: 1741 1 K
 BathWaterMelody said

+4   

1 month ago '12        #16
Di Warlord 
Props total: 24866 24 K  Slaps total: 1429 1 K
good luck

I suppose they can shift their name to become more "family friendly", but I know for damn sure that if I type the OnlyFans URL on my work computer I'm getting fired quick af, they won't care why tf I was on there

if they're gonna try to make this push to more non-pr0n sh*t, they better expect this to take a while
+15   

1 month ago '16        #17
rootbeer 
Props total: 1081 1 K  Slaps total: 46 46
They are trying to cash out. It's only so much a pr0n based company can be sold for. Now a regular business that has nothing to do with s*x can be sold for billions.
+14   

1 month ago '15        #18
Tobinmont  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 53465 53 K  Slaps total: 3052 3 K
Not bloody likely.
+6   

1 month ago '14        #19
Bigboi781  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 19854 19 K  Slaps total: 6205 6 K
It's impossible to switch now. Plus their insane growth is based on adult content. If adult content weren't so taboo, they'd easily be worth at least $10 billion. They're one of the fastest growing companies ever and they completely changed a market and are dominating the industry. There are companies with way less revenue, way less growth, etc. with higher valuations than onlyfans
+7   

1 month ago '13        #20
jaytxxl 
Props total: 9851 9 K  Slaps total: 353 353
I seen this coming when I seen Floyd sponsoring them in that exhibition f*ght. You don’t pay a n*gga that much money to advertise yo site for just pr0n. They about to go the patreon route.
+14   

1 month ago '06        #21
whammy 
Props total: 14767 14 K  Slaps total: 958 958
OnlyFans embraced all the women that were getting banned from Instagram and Snapchat because they were selling content there.

Now that they are no longer a startup and have grown exponentially, they want to cash out before they get hammered with concerns such as human trafficking, filtering adult content, etc, and have to kick these women who literally built the company off or restrict what they can do.

Edit: I know there are some really smart guys on here. Working on creating a new site that will embrace the women that eventually leave Only Fans isn't a bad idea.

Problems that if you solve would give you a competitive advantage:
Preventing stolen content

Avenues you might want to pursue:
The hype around NFTs has dissipated but exclusive content still might be worthwhile.

Last edited by whammy; 06-19-2021 at 08:58 PM..
+12   

1 month ago '09        #22
TroyNY 
Props total: 7178 7 K  Slaps total: 608 608
Tryin to rebrand like the web building site Wix
+8   

1 month ago '14        #23
Bigboi781  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 19854 19 K  Slaps total: 6205 6 K
 whammy said
OnlyFans embraced all the women that were getting banned from Instagram and Snapchat because they were selling content there.

Now that they are no longer a startup and have grown exponentially, they want to cash out before they get hammered with concerns such as human trafficking, filtering adult content, etc, and have to kick these women who literally built the company off or restrict what they can do.
Think they’re going about it the wrong way. They have an opportunity to revolutionize the adult industry like cannabis has become normalized. Becoming the next patreon won’t work. Patreon struggles as is. Onlyfans will end up like tumblr if they make this mistake
+7   

1 month ago '06        #24
Ave 
Props total: 30178 30 K  Slaps total: 2924 2 K
And a new website would just take that market over, nothing to see here
+5   

1 month ago '14        #25
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 145521 145 K  Slaps total: 33733 33 K
Manyvids is ready to take onlyfans spot
+6   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+34online now  23
Is this the most obvious track written by someone else?
128 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  20
Official 2021 Rolling Loud fu-kery Megathread
495 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  13
Image(s) inside an entire thread of gen z & millennials complaining about working at a..
185 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  12
‘OLD’ was trash. Never seeing an M.Night film again
68 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy