Embiid calls out officiating. Calls out Trae

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

2 months ago '16        #1
2745 page views
119 comments

GUMa  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 11948 11 K  Slaps total: 7457 7 K
Embiid calls out officiating. Calls out Trae

McMenamin] Joel Embiid was so fed up w/ what he saw as inconsistent officiating in how he & Trae Young are being refereed, he wouldn’t even refer to Young by name: “Minimal contact on the point guard and when it comes to us, we don't get the same thing” After the 76ers' 104-99 Game 6 win Friday to tie up their second-round series with the Hawks, Joel Embiid was so fed up with how he viewed the officiating for him compared to Atlanta's superstar leader that he wouldn't even say Trae Young's name.

"I just felt like it wasn't called both ways, especially because of the minimal contact that they get on the point guard, and when it comes to us, we don't get the same thing," Embiid said after Philadelphia came back from down 12 in the first quarter to win. "So I just want it called both ways. If you're going to call something like nothing on their point guard, it should be the same way and call the same thing [for] me when I get -- if I get -- touched." visit this link https://www.espn.com/nba/ .. ts-called-ways
+3   

best
worst
119 comments

2 months ago '06        #2
soso24  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 62813 62 K  Slaps total: 7754 7 K
Aint no way a n*gga that big should be knocked down to the floor as much as he is.
+69   

2 months ago '18        #3
SFamilyRep  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 107290 107 K  Slaps total: 13136 13 K
Facts..The way officials be babying and giving Tre Young BS is a disgrace to the game. You can’t even look in his direction cuz they’ll call a foul.
+29   

2 months ago '05        #4
blah blah blah  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x24
Props total: 89251 89 K  Slaps total: 76614 76 K
Trae doesn’t play basketball he bumps into people on purpose and flops around the court. sh*t is pathetic
+50   

2 months ago '17        #5
Lite  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 49796 49 K  Slaps total: 7689 7 K
 soso24 said
Aint no way a n*gga that big should be knocked down to the floor as much as he is.
facts.. he gon end up injuring himself trying to be big harden
+12   

2 months ago '17        #6
DonC  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 30397 30 K  Slaps total: 16561 16 K
 blah blah blah said
Trae doesn’t play basketball he bumps into people on purpose and flops around the court. sh*t is pathetic
Its why NY Mayor called him out...I like the kid but adding those gimmicks to his game is disgusting, he is better than that
+21   

2 months ago '05        #7
StateProperty88 
Props total: 22790 22 K  Slaps total: 2499 2 K
the refs were pretty bad last night. on the dunk collins had that everyone is talking about embiid got fu*king choked and yet the foul called on him , trae is pushing embiid into collins and doesnt get a tech

no sixers starter got to the foul line till 7 minutes left in the game, it was just a really bad job by the refs last night...luckily we survived.
+28   

2 months ago '19        #8
Mental Illness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 38959 38 K  Slaps total: 28237 28 K
he needs to call out Ben
+26   

2 months ago '16        #9
GUMa  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8 OP
Props total: 11948 11 K  Slaps total: 7457 7 K
Trae is Harden 2.0.... great players but their game style is cringe
+7   

2 months ago '18        #10
FireBeats  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 66611 66 K  Slaps total: 14915 14 K
 soso24 said
Dude is on the floor all the time! ALL THE TIME!!!!

All he does is flop, pushes dudes out the way, and run folks over
+7   

2 months ago '05        #11
 GUMa said
Trae is Harden 2.0.... great players but their game style is cringe
Harden is way more skilled. Trae isn’t anywhere near him
+19   

2 months ago '06        #12
bigkilla  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 33351 33 K  Slaps total: 4728 4 K
What I've been thinking about is all of this talk about "____ gets away with it" and etc..

we really should be blaming the NBA... I mean you obviously gotta complain about a player abusing the rules but the refs are allowing it and the refs are taking orders from the commissioner... gotta look at Silver about this sh*t.

I think it's clear the NBA is still on it's bullsh*t with propping up players and stars and probably rigging games.

Like think of it.. we're here talking about Harden, Trae, Lebron and etc.. all flopping all the time.. but not a lot of fingers being pointed at Silver. The NBA could easily come up with a rule like the NFL where I believe the NFL has a rule where it's like common sense if the player is flopping sh*t won't be called.. but they ignore it because it helps their stars they are keeping up generate more points, wins, and etc..
+4   

2 months ago '08        #13
Dedication101 
Props total: 3490 3 K  Slaps total: 642 642
Trae is tiny and uses his height/weight as leverage.. yeah sometimes he gets caught flopping, but overall he smart af.
+13   

2 months ago '10        #14
trill jackson  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x31
Props total: 107663 107 K  Slaps total: 11730 11 K
He aint lying i was saying this sh*t all day in the game thread last night

+10   

2 months ago '20        #15
UzamakiSageMode 
Props total: 2174 2 K  Slaps total: 392 392
Facts .. its been the reason why this is a series.

Hawks are a ptoblen because they at least hustle

But the refs make it apparent that size is the factor not the play in officiating. Tre can shoot frfr. But he gets away with the harden type contact and it actually slows the game and keeps him from being lethal

Im happy this isnt being overlooked. Cause at some point, they gotta stop pretending it doesnt happen. And the Sports Analyst aint even mention that at alllll
+1   

2 months ago '08        #16
Ron O'Neal 
Props total: 4333 4 K  Slaps total: 137 137
I don't mind Trae initiating contact to knock the defender off balance so he can score. Hell I would do the same. What pisses me off is the refs call foul on the defender. That's a huge problem. I don't think it should be a foul on the defender and I don't think it should be an offensive foul. It should be a no call. If he makes it you tip your hat. If he misses he can't b1tch that he didn't get the call.

Also the offensive foul on Embiid that started the f*ght was bullsh*t. He was going up for a shot and Collins is literally sticking his face into his body. I'm not sure exactly what they expect Embiid to do in that situation. He shouldn't be getting punished because he's bigger than Collins.
+9   

2 months ago '11        #17
JGunnaWP 
Props total: 1717 1 K  Slaps total: 547 547
 blah blah blah said
He crosses people over and shoots from curry range lol. And is a top 5 passer in the league ? I get what you’re saying but you’re exaggerating too hard
+2   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '14        #18
215Philly  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 77604 77 K  Slaps total: 25984 25 K
 blah blah blah said
Harden is way more skilled. Trae isn’t anywhere near him
Which is why I dont understand how yall put Luka and Trae on the same level
+2   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '14        #19
215Philly  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 77604 77 K  Slaps total: 25984 25 K
 JGunnaWP said
He crosses people over and shoots from curry range lol. And is a top 5 passer in the league ? I get what you’re saying but you’re exaggerating too hard
Lebron
Harden
CP3
Luka
Ben

Thats just off the top of my head, relax with the passing

2 months ago '05        #20
 JGunnaWP said
Don’t let those highlight 3s fool you, Trae takes terrible shots. Kuzma shot a better % from 3 this year
+4   

2 months ago '11        #21
wjcorner  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 8890 8 K  Slaps total: 777 777
Embiid was shooting more FTs than our team early in the series

It’s cool though, n*ggas gonna run with their narratives

I’m just happy win, lose, or draw we ain’t been bi*ching about refs this playoffs in the media. Just play basketball.
+2   

2 months ago '11        #22
megalomaniacal 
Props total: 14887 14 K  Slaps total: 2024 2 K
Big bi*ch a*s n*gga should be suspended for all that flopping and crying
+8   

2 months ago '11        #23
wjcorner  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 8890 8 K  Slaps total: 777 777
 StateProperty88 said
the refs were pretty bad last night. on the dunk collins had that everyone is talking about embiid got fu*king choked and yet the foul called on him , trae is pushing embiid into collins and doesnt get a tech

no sixers starter got to the foul line till 7 minutes left in the game, it was just a really bad job by the refs last night...luckily we survived.
He jumped late, under Collins.

You understand it’s who initiates contact, not who looks worst after contact is initiated right? Like when Dwight Howard tossed Lou Will to the dirt and Lou Will was called for a foul

2 months ago '20        #24
randomguy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 17315 17 K  Slaps total: 2657 2 K
 soso24 said
He falls down to the floor …

2 months ago '05        #25
StateProperty88 
Props total: 22790 22 K  Slaps total: 2499 2 K
 wjcorner said
He jumped late, under Collins.

You understand it’s who initiates contact, not who looks worst after contact is initiated right? Like when Dwight Howard tossed Lou Will to the dirt and Lou Will was called for a foul
he was under collins because collins grabbed him. embiid jumped up and down which you are allowed to do (i thought so at least)

look we arent going to agree clearly so we dont have to go back and forth on this
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+40online now  27
Dr. Dre's eldest daughter, 38, reveals she's homeless
306 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+174online now  24
Video inside The Moment When THE Versuz Swung to THE L.O.X
140 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+207online now  23
Rapper Jadakiss Arrested On murder Charges
109 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+61online now  12
Video inside Sheek Louch Says DIPSET Is P*SSY & CAMRON Almost GOT PACKED OUT By Ruff..
186 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy