How would you have wrote Finn ?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 months ago '14        #1
942 page views
27 comments

The NightFox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x41
Props total: 164094 164 K  Slaps total: 41488 41 K
How would you have written Finn ?

Last edited by The NightFox; 06-18-2021 at 11:23 PM..
+2   

best
worst
27 comments

2 months ago '21        #2
lip service  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 3901 3 K  Slaps total: 3522 3 K
star wars is a stupid franchise that makes no sense, never have u ever heard someone say play some star wars or star trek...

2 months ago '17        #3
WHATEVERMAN 
Props total: 16072 16 K  Slaps total: 1688 1 K
Now that I've caught myself up on what Boyega's strengths are, I would never cast him as a weak character in any film. It just doesn't suit him. He should've been the new Hon in this latest trilogy, but in the writers efforts to try and make Ray look strong, they fell for the cardinal sin of just making everyone around her look weak. It was just unimaginative writing at its worst.
+15   

2 months ago '06        #4
DonYBE 
Props total: 19143 19 K  Slaps total: 1858 1 K
They should have made him a Jedi. A stormtrooper turned Jedi is something that's different and never been done and made the franchise fresh.

Also, I think it would have been a good opportunity to bring back Darth Maul as the main villain instead of Kylo. Make Kylo as the apprentice but make Maul as the master since technically he had ties to Han in the Solo movie. And would have been a nice subplot to have the son of Han be trained by Maul.

Have Finn be trained by Luke. Mandalorian Luke and not that bi*ch a*s Luke in TLJ. A 2v2 battle with Finn and Luke vs. Kylo and Maul could have been epic.

Last edited by DonYBE; 06-18-2021 at 08:45 PM..
+23   

2 months ago '17        #5
bmf24eva  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 17617 17 K  Slaps total: 4937 4 K
The way Abrams wrote him in The Force Awakens and how his story arc was clearly supposed to go before Rian decided to fu*k up all the storylines just for the sake of anarchy (and some unecessary Woke/Feminist bullsh*t) in part 2.

Coward/traitor who eventually is forced to find his courage and slowly realizes he might be special (Jedi/Sith/Force sensitive) all the while doubting his self and choices, saving his comrades by questionable means on multiple occasions and eventually falling in love with Rey (only to purposefully break her heart and soul before its all said and done).

Eventually outing himself as Evil (have him k*ll Leia?) turning to the Darkside and f*ghting his former love interest (wife?) Rey to the death in the Climax.

Last edited by bmf24eva; 06-18-2021 at 10:10 PM..
+14   

2 months ago '17        #6
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 173418 173 K  Slaps total: 12220 12 K
He would've made a better main character. That last trilogy was terrible.
+7   

2 months ago '13        #7
hoodnurd 
Props total: 2433 2 K  Slaps total: 401 401
star wars became trash with the new trilogy rogue one was kinda cool disney was the death of the franchise lucas messed up everything by selling the franchise cause that’s not even how the story goes really I read the books (as a kid that had addddddddddd) that’s saying a lot han n princess had 3 kids even luke had a son
+1   

2 months ago '12        #8
NahBX 
Props total: 1199 1 K  Slaps total: 53 53
Jedi. The son of Lando. Pilot of the Millennium Falcon.
+4   

2 months ago '17        #9
Maladar 
Props total: 3184 3 K  Slaps total: 1681 1 K
 lip service said
star wars is a stupid franchise that makes no sense, never have u ever heard someone say play some star wars or star trek...
Maybe not in your a*s backwards neck of the woods.

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '16        #10
AfroBucks88  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 83855 83 K  Slaps total: 3045 3 K
 DonYBE said
They should have made him a Jedi. A stormtrooper turned Jedi is something that's different and never been done and made the franchise fresh.

Also, I think it would have been a good opportunity to bring back Darth Maul as the main villain instead of Kylo. Make Kylo as the apprentice but make Maul as the master since technically he had ties to Han in the Solo movie. And would have been a nice subplot to have the son of Han be trained by Maul.

Have Finn be trained by Luke. Mandalorian Luke and not that bi*ch a*s Luke in TLJ. A 2v2 battle with Finn and Luke vs. Kylo and Maul could have been epic.

This !!! I think that was the original plan before the writers bowed down to fan boys wit fragile hearts and need to sell in certain markets
+6   

2 months ago '05        #11
Micheal C. Will  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 93445 93 K  Slaps total: 12396 12 K
Clearly, he should have been a Jedi.

But instead, Disney made him Jar Jar Binks 2.0.........useless.

Last edited by Micheal C. Will; 06-20-2021 at 02:01 AM..
+6   

2 months ago '11        #12
RileyEsco 
Props total: 58521 58 K  Slaps total: 439 439

He was clearly force-sensitive. That much was obvious in the first movie, and JJ confirmed after the trilogy was over.

They had a perfect storyline set up with a rogue stormtrooper, turned Jedi, but chose to gimp his character. They can still rectify it by giving my dude his own trilogy.
+4   

1 month ago '16        #13
Negusis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 30794 30 K  Slaps total: 3771 3 K
 WHATEVERMAN said
Now that I've caught myself up on what Boyega's strengths are, I would never cast him as a weak character in any film. It just doesn't suit him. He should've been the new Hon in this latest trilogy, but in the writers efforts to try and make Ray look strong, they fell for the cardinal sin of just making everyone around her look weak. It was just unimaginative writing at its worst.
It's weak writing. sh*t on everybody around the character to make Rey look strong.

Instead of making each character strong in their own way and making Rey have to over come them or those situations.
+3   

1 month ago '20        #14
BlacksAndLatins  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 14562 14 K  Slaps total: 8464 8 K
 AfroBucks88 said
This !!! I think that was the original plan before the writers bowed down to fan boys wit fragile hearts and need to sell in certain markets
slapped for spelling "white feminists" wrong

what color was Darth Vader's voice actor again?

those "fan boys" had literally zero problems with Quarsh Panaka being Captain of Queen Amidala's guard, Saw Gerrera being the leader of the Partisan rebels, Lando Calrissian being the leader of Cloud City, and Master Mace Windu being on the Jedi council.... and even now still don't have any problems with Greef Karga being a leader in the Bounty Hunters Guild nor Gideon being a Moff in the Galactic Empire either

lemme guess...

"bu bu but when the trailer dropped" right?

1 month ago '04        #15
GodsFavorite 
Props total: 8732 8 K  Slaps total: 1289 1 K
Rian Johnson fu*ked the whole trilogy up it is what it is. JJ’s ideas weren’t the most original or inspiring but at least they were watchable. Rian’s ideas were both unoriginal and unwatchable and they couldn’t recover from it in one movie
+2   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '16        #16
AfroBucks88  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 83855 83 K  Slaps total: 3045 3 K
 BlacksAndLatins said
slapped for spelling "white feminists" wrong

what color was Darth Vader's voice actor again?

those "fan boys" had literally zero problems with Quarsh Panaka being Captain of Queen Amidala's guard, Saw Gerrera being the leader of the Partisan rebels, Lando Calrissian being the leader of Cloud City, and Master Mace Windu being on the Jedi council.... and even now still don't have any problems with Greef Karga being a leader in the Bounty Hunters Guild nor Gideon being a Moff in the Galactic Empire either

lemme guess...

"bu bu but when the trailer dropped" right?
fan boys couldn't watch Ray get blacked

all those characters you mentioned were not the protagonist

white feminist is fan boys too

get out ya feelings

1 month ago '21        #17
LuxG2 
Props total: 12788 12 K  Slaps total: 2232 2 K
I would cast all blank people as god’s & yt peoples as sewer dwelling rats that are infested with sh*t diseases

I’ll win a Oscar

1 month ago '10        #18
onlybuilt1906 
Props total: 3018 3 K  Slaps total: 1743 1 K
Star Wars is my life. My passion. Easily the greatest story ever told and woven into the fiber of my being until I leave this earth and become one with The Force.

That being said, it's more than just a movie to me. Finn being a Jedi, the Jedi would have made a far better story than Rey. The clip above pretty much lets us know that's what JJ had always intended, even if Rey was the main character.

Rian Johnson robbed us of something that would have been nothing short of amazing. However, Disney and Lucasfilm can still make this right. I'm 210% here for a Finn Jedi story arc. If for no other reason, they owe it to John Boyega, who has been more than vocal about how he feels his role was nerfed.

1 month ago '20        #19
BlacksAndLatins  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 14562 14 K  Slaps total: 8464 8 K
 AfroBucks88 said
fan boys couldn't watch Ray get blacked
no, that's just white worship on your part. rey is ugly as fu*k.

i can tell youre one of those dusties that thinks white people are gods and it's some supreme honor to have their approval and sh*t

AfroBucks88 said
all those characters you mentioned were not the protagonist
a distinction without a difference.

do you not realize how retarded you sound right now? you seriously saying the only reason "fanboys" "hated" Finn was because...... he was a protagonist (and not even the main one) even though there were multiple Black heroes before him with actual agency and power?

AfroBucks88 said
white feminist is fan boys too

get out ya feelings
put your crack pipe down and stop projecting, weirdo

1 month ago '04        #20
Marccoogs19 
Props total: 12124 12 K  Slaps total: 373 373
The Star wars movies should have taken the Marvel route introducing new characters, in their own stories, then having them come together later. The first movie should have been about Luke's new Jedi Academy, where we would see Kylo's POV, and watch his turn to the dark side and gets seduced into the First Order by Snoke. You could have had Han and Leia as supporting characters where we would see Kylo separate himself from them.

The next movie would put the POV on Finn. Show him being taken from his family as a kid, and trained to be a trooper. He realizes at a certain point that he is force sensitive, and decides he wants to defect. He meets Poe like in TFA, befriends him and together they help defeat Captain Phasma who would be his main villain.

That way in the next movie, Kylo, Poe and Finn already are fully realized characters with their own story. Thats when you introduce Rey, where she meets Finn and Poe, and they go train with Luke to be able to f*ght Kylo and Snoke. Every new character would be able to stand on their own, while still giving some screentime to the OG's.

Last edited by Marccoogs19; 06-22-2021 at 10:11 AM..
+4   

1 month ago '07        #21
Thirst God  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 5252 5 K  Slaps total: 1023 1 K
Can’t use a lightsaber without some of the force behind you so yeah him not being a Jedi was trash. I read about people saying someone ruined the flow and now looking back, yes, the loose ends and random sh*t messed with those movies to the point that they are just good time-wasters on a random Disney+/Netflix night.
+1   

1 month ago '06        #22
John 
Props total: 2873 2 K  Slaps total: 123 123
 DonYBE said

I like this, except they would need someone other than Maul as the villain.

[spoiler - click to view]

1 month ago '06        #23
John 
 Marccoogs19 said
The Star wars movies should have taken the Marvel route introducing new characters, in their own stories, then having them come together later. The first movie should have been about Luke's new Jedi Academy, where we would see Kylo's POV, and watch his turn to the dark side and gets seduced into the First Order by Snoke. You could have had Han and Leia as supporting characters where we would see Kylo separate himself from them.

The next movie would put the POV on Finn. Show him being taken from his family as a kid, and trained to be a trooper. He realizes at a certain point that he is force sensitive, and decides he wants to defect. He meets Poe like in TFA, befriends him and together they help defeat Captain Phasma who would be his main villain.

That way in the next movie, Kylo, Poe and Finn already are fully realized characters with their own story. Thats when you introduce Rey, where she meets Finn and Poe, and they go train with Luke to be able to f*ght Kylo and Snoke. Every new character would be able to stand on their own, while still giving some screentime to the OG's.
I like this idea too.

1 month ago '06        #24
DonYBE 
Props total: 19143 19 K  Slaps total: 1858 1 K
 John said
I like this, except they would need someone other than Maul as the villain.

[spoiler - click to view]

I thought Rebels wasn't canon?

1 month ago '06        #25
John 
 DonYBE said
I thought Rebels wasn't canon?

Itís canon.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+175online now  17
Video inside The Moment When THE Versuz Swung to THE L.O.X
140 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+211online now  13
Rapper Jadakiss Arrested On murder Charges
109 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+62online now  10
Video inside Sheek Louch Says DIPSET Is P*SSY & CAMRON Almost GOT PACKED OUT By Ruff..
186 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+40online now  7
Dr. Dre's eldest daughter, 38, reveals she's homeless
310 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy