Melle Mel says Afrika Bambatta molesting boys was "Hip-Hop's best kept secret

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
172 replies  @hiphop

most viewed right now
+18  74
172 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

1 month ago '20        #1
915 page views
31 comments

Mysticman  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 35111 35 K  Slaps total: 11549 11 K
Melle Mel says Afrika Bambatta molesting boys was "Hip-Hop's best kept secret

It's forever #fu*kvlad and #oncode but he says Bambooty fu*king kids was Hip-Hop's best kept secret image fu*k this n*gga Mel, I lost respect for this legend image

best
worst
31 comments

1 month ago '14        #2
El Caballero 
Props total: 52036 52 K  Slaps total: 3989 3 K
+3   

1 month ago '20        #3
Mysticman  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14 OP
Props total: 35111 35 K  Slaps total: 11549 11 K
 El Caballero said
n*gga said it's a best kept secret like it was a mathematical way to win the lotto every time
+8   

1 month ago '04        #4
gimmethat 
Props total: 9692 9 K  Slaps total: 1079 1 K
this Bambata thing is the weirdest thing ever...the fact that he escaped justice is crazy

does Mel mean it in the same way someone would have said back then that michael likes young kids?before the trial ,the accusation were there, people nonchalantly talked ,no f. given

One of the positive of this era is that when a rumor is out there ,computers pute and everybody is investigating .Pre internet era was different.Tons of unverified rumors,that would only be written in magazines or just word of mouth.No journalist would pick them up

i still believe theres a crazy amount of secrets in the 80s ,90s music industry and Hollywood
+2   

1 month ago '14        #5
El Caballero 
Props total: 52036 52 K  Slaps total: 3989 3 K
 Mysticman said
n*gga said it's a best kept secret like it was a mathematical way to win the lotto every time
Wtf like yo you just casually saying you knew he was messing with boys booties and did nothing
+2   

1 month ago '15        #6
Baudimore  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 7464 7 K  Slaps total: 2815 2 K
OGs wouldn't check this chomo but always have some sh*t to say about "the gay agenda".

Last edited by Baudimore; 06-18-2021 at 03:04 PM..
+6   

1 month ago '17        #7
Almighty HA 
Props total: 21070 21 K  Slaps total: 985 985
This is why Hollywood is the devil's playground. R. Kelly = Everybody knew. Weinstein = everybody knew. Cosby= everybody knew or heard about it. What I'm saying is, people be cancelling one celebrity when you should cancel all of them for never speaking up about it. Like I said in the cancel culture thread, it's dumb as hell. Stop idol worshiping. Hypocritical a*s society we live in
+11   

1 month ago '10        #8
SmoothTay 
Props total: 78694 78 K  Slaps total: 9814 9 K
fag**ts should all burn

1 month ago '16        #9
l3altimore7  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 6294 6 K  Slaps total: 605 605
Literally a few weeks before the news hit I was talking to good friend who's a legendary local DJ from Baltimore's house music era. We're talking about different artists he dealt with over the years, and he randomly brings up Bambatta. He said he came to a record store back in the early 90's to promote whatever he was doing and had a few young dudes with him. He said all of them seemed trained, and Bambatta was very VERY controlling of these dudes, like unnaturally.

2 maybe 3 weeks later the story broke & I was like wow...But apparently the WHOLE NY knew, it was common knowledge how bam got down
+1   

1 month ago '15        #10
METABaron 
Props total: 6024 6 K  Slaps total: 1469 1 K
Hip Hop culture is gay culture, going all the way back to the beginning

1 month ago '18        #11
ordoabchao 
Props total: 23583 23 K  Slaps total: 5046 5 K
So is Birdmans....

1 month ago '21        #12
BackInTheSaddle 
Props total: 2561 2 K  Slaps total: 1306 1 K
there are phags everywhere in hiphop
+2   

1 month ago '07        #13
r.burgundy 
Props total: 25664 25 K  Slaps total: 4525 4 K
 l3altimore7 said
Literally a few weeks before the news hit I was talking to good friend who's a legendary local DJ from Baltimore's house music era. We're talking about different artists he dealt with over the years, and he randomly brings up Bambatta. He said he came to a record store back in the early 90's to promote whatever he was doing and had a few young dudes with him. He said all of them seemed trained, and Bambatta was very VERY controlling of these dudes, like unnaturally.

2 maybe 3 weeks later the story broke & I was like wow...But apparently the WHOLE NY knew, it was common knowledge how bam got down
it definitely wasn't common knowledge.
bams era wasnt this era.Bam was always a secluded guy. only people that had ideas would be his inner circle and they wouldn't dare speak because they would be accused of it also
+4   

1 month ago '17        #14
DavidTheMan 
Props total: 18309 18 K  Slaps total: 10565 10 K
Melle Mel is fu*king joke. If he knew why did he keep fu*king with him?
He was complicit in that sh*t, fu*king greedy coward, now he wants to talk about it after the fact.
+8   

1 month ago '08        #15
Skilly713 
Props total: 22826 22 K  Slaps total: 1660 1 K
He basically admitting to it while simultaneously trying to distance himself from it makes him just as guilty

Its like the whole family knowing that one uncle who touched your niece yet afraid to confront him. That blind eye makes you complicit

Get these n*ggas out of here
+3   

1 month ago '15        #16
kami  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 46363 46 K  Slaps total: 21998 21 K
He didn’t say that. He meant people from the area and thosewho travelled in the same circles knew.

Cancel culture has y’all soy babies taking things out of context. If you want to hold people accountable hold the local LE to that standard I’m sure they knew/

1 month ago '15        #17
SmokinBigDope  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 13800 13 K  Slaps total: 2437 2 K
Because Its not just Bambatta. Any industry where men potray hyper masculinity (wrestling, bodybuilding, etc.) You are going to attract feminine and homos*xual men. Its the reason we have this forum and forums like it.

A good example the album covers from boy groups in the 90s, always risqu and perverse....almost like they were advertising something other than music.....but what do I know? I'm just a tinfoil nut.

Last edited by SmokinBigDope; 06-18-2021 at 02:29 PM..

1 month ago '18        #18
Steve Gee97  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 18739 18 K  Slaps total: 2677 2 K
Hip Hop was against f*gs and rats back in the days..

The powers that be had to bury that story under the rug.

Bambooty is protected. I hope he dies a thousand deaths.

KRS was looking funny as well. I hope he wasn't doing some strange things for a piece of change or in this case, a deal.
+4   

1 month ago '19        #19
Bklynzfinest  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 29368 29 K  Slaps total: 3770 3 K
 kami said
He didnt say that. He meant people from the area and thosewho travelled in the same circles knew.

Cancel culture has yall soy babies taking things out of context. If you want to hold people accountable hold the local LE to that standard Im sure they knew/
word...

1 month ago '06        #20
SKDontPlay 
Props total: 2522 2 K  Slaps total: 217 217
It sounded more like he was insinuating that everyone knew Bam was gay. When Vlad asked him if he knew he was messing with underage boys Mel said he didn’t know, you’d have to ask Bam.

Has Bam ever come out to make a statement about this?

1 month ago '17        #21
DougNemguts 
Props total: 5145 5 K  Slaps total: 311 311
Play at (Play at) At your own risk

1 month ago '04        #22
Skilllz 
Props total: 22980 22 K  Slaps total: 2233 2 K
 Almighty HA said
This is why Hollywood is the devil's playground. R. Kelly = Everybody knew. Weinstein = everybody knew. Cosby= everybody knew or heard about it. What I'm saying is, people be cancelling one celebrity when you should cancel all of them for never speaking up about it. Like I said in the cancel culture thread, it's dumb as hell. Stop idol worshiping. Hypocritical a*s society we live in
facts

the crazy thing about reputation is that sh*t really does follow you. Gotta protect that sh*t ya whole life (obviously not do fu*k sh*t) but it do follow you. Some people are powerful enough to float above that sh*t. crazy
+1   

1 month ago '19        #23
GetYaCoinsKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 43954 43 K  Slaps total: 7781 7 K
Keeping it a buck these so-called OGs who demand respect for none other than being born in a certain era are whole clowns, Bambottoms situation proved to me that these MFs don't stand for anything; They were aware this n*gga was molesting CHILDREN and were dapping him up and making songs with him, Matterfact we need to pull out the archive on the mfs who were complicit.
+4   

1 month ago '04        #24
7twelve 
Props total: 34084 34 K  Slaps total: 7896 7 K
 Mysticman said

It's forever #fu*kvlad and #oncode but he says Bambooty fu*king kids was Hip-Hop's best kept secret fu*k this n*gga Mel, I lost respect for this legend
any vlad vids should come with cliffs. cuz n*ggas dont watch vladster
+1   

1 month ago '16        #25
l3altimore7  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 6294 6 K  Slaps total: 605 605
 r.burgundy said
it definitely wasn't common knowledge.
bams era wasnt this era.Bam was always a secluded guy. only people that had ideas would be his inner circle and they wouldn't dare speak because they would be accused of it also
Too many ppl turned their head
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+50online now  30
OT Sha'Carri Richardson tweets the Olympics are trash w/o..
256 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+78online now  22
Article inside My employer sent an email: Vaccination or termination
398 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-34online now  20
Real or fake : PJ Washington signs babymama Brittany Renner to 18 year dea..
47 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+79online now  9
The chemistry was god level.
51 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy