How big of a rapper is Dababy?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
38 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

1 month ago '20        #1
1065 page views
19 comments

Laron Isley  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 9198 9 K  Slaps total: 3831 3 K
How big of a rapper is Dababy?

He gets 3 million more monthly streams than Drake. What does this mean? Does it mean anything? Is he the biggest rapper in the game and we're sleep? Will we realize how big he is now that outside is opening up, how big of a arena can he sell out? What will the first week sales look like on his next album? He can rap really good and he has numbers so do you think the only thing stopping him from being mentioned as the king is the fact he uses the same flow every song?

best
worst
19 comments

1 month ago '15        #2
MULVTTX 
Props total: 12779 12 K  Slaps total: 991 991
About 5'8 165
+17   

1 month ago '21        #3
Drippy B  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x65
Props total: 34693 34 K  Slaps total: 36777 36 K
Watch the video with tory lanez. Haven’t seen a video that good since 2002 era
+1   

1 month ago '13        #4
uoeno  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 52216 52 K  Slaps total: 10045 10 K
means that spotify is really plugging him .... same way spotify was plugging drake .

It's funny how Spotify was all like "Drake is the first artist to hit a billion streams" or some sh*t like that when they were pretty much forcing his music on people. Throwing his songs in every random playlist, making his face the cover of literally EVERY PLAYLIST. it was so bad that people wanted to cancel their premium subscriptions because they felt like Spotify were throwing Drake Ads in people's faces.

Then spotify replied like "we are just celebrating an artist hitting a billion"

so basically, dababy is plugged in, similar to how Drake is plugged in. They'll just force this artist on people.

Like that Drake ft Lil Baby song was at the top of the billboard right? That sh*t only has 7,000,000 views, and most of those views are ALGORITHMIC ... cause they just plug that sh*t in after you listen to any type of rap songs. 7 million people aint searching for that song

anyways, thats all 4 now. peace
+10   

1 month ago '19        #5
Shenanagans 
Props total: 3969 3 K  Slaps total: 346 346
 uoeno said
means that spotify is really plugging him .... same way spotify was plugging drake .

It's funny how Spotify was all like "Drake is the first artist to hit a billion streams" or some sh*t like that when they were pretty much forcing his music on people. Throwing his songs in every random playlist, making his face the cover of literally EVERY PLAYLIST. it was so bad that people wanted to cancel their premium subscriptions because they felt like Spotify were throwing Drake Ads in people's faces.

Then spotify replied like "we are just celebrating an artist hitting a billion"

so basically, dababy is plugged in, similar to how Drake is plugged in. They'll just force this artist on people.

Like that Drake ft Lil Baby song was at the top of the billboard right? That sh*t only has 7,000,000 views, and most of those views are ALGORITHMIC ... cause they just plug that sh*t in after you listen to any type of rap songs. 7 million people aint searching for that song

anyways, thats all 4 now. peace
So how much of that do you think is enhanced for drake? Is everybody doing this too bc he has similar numbers on all across the board?
+1   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '06        #6
Bilal  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 151419 151 K  Slaps total: 16598 16 K
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
Superstar at this point.
+1   

1 month ago '06        #7
alchemy187 
Props total: 16362 16 K  Slaps total: 4352 4 K
Superstar who came up organically and then sold his artistic integrity to be a s*x symbol
+2   

1 month ago '11        #8
Broseph Stalin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 47420 47 K  Slaps total: 4001 4 K
Man, I hope cats like him lil baby & Youngboy cash in on being relevant during this streaming era, i can’t imagine their sh*t having much replay value in a few years. especially dababy. Mile a minute rap over the same fu*king beat and he’s on his 6th project. sh*ts gonna go the way of DJ Mustard projects
+2   

1 month ago '15        #9
ChoAssUp 
Props total: 79117 79 K  Slaps total: 4479 4 K
Drake is the supposed artist of the decade and I have never and probably wont ever listen to any of his albums. Same for this guy
+5   

1 month ago '17        #10
punchlineking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 9546 9 K  Slaps total: 2645 2 K
His team and crew are behind some of the biggest streaming farms..

His label also pays for streams...

I guess that's how the game is now days...

His music is terrible every song the flow is the same....

I tried to get jiggy with it but every song sounds the same he wont be around in 4 to 5 years.

Not hating just honest opinion
+6   

1 month ago '06        #11
lato9905 
Props total: 8774 8 K  Slaps total: 1530 1 K
He had a good run.
+2   

1 month ago '15        #12
Shifty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15095 15 K  Slaps total: 2974 2 K
I feel like an artist only has but so much time to really take off before they just become another n*gga in the crowd....They pulled as many publicity stunts as they could, but his buzz is pretty much dead now.

I had a friend who tried to hype DaBaby up say the same thing to me this week. He pretty much said LilBaby him surpassed and will be around for a while, but DaBaby fell off to the side. He considers DaBaby's music to be 'turn up music/hype music' now.

I ain't a fan of either one, but that's coming from a n*gga who just jams the music and ain't deep into other rap sh*t like someone on Boxden is.

Look at how dead this thread is, lmao....Once that new feeling wears they realized it was nothing special.

Edit: The virus never stopped n*ggas from hyping Lil Baby up, so nah, he ain't the 'king' lmao.

Last edited by Shifty; 06-18-2021 at 05:50 PM..
+2   

1 month ago '20        #13
Carl 
Props total: 8973 8 K  Slaps total: 2408 2 K
You listen to 1 Da Baby track and you listened to em all.
+9   

1 month ago '13        #14
Mr K  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 27224 27 K  Slaps total: 4891 4 K
+1   

1 month ago '20        #15
witchdoctor 
Props total: 1149 1 K  Slaps total: 94 94
He’s where RaeSremmurd was 3-4yrs ago: a lot of commercial hits, but one bad year away from being forgot about. He hasn’t developed a cult fanbase that will support him no matter what, which makes a falloff a lot easier.

NBA youngboy doesn’t have huge hit records, but he has a cult fanbase that will keep him relevant. I have heard people say they like Dababys songs but never in a way like a true fan.

Last edited by witchdoctor; 06-18-2021 at 06:36 PM..
+2   

1 month ago '21        #16
nodayzoffatl  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 13911 13 K  Slaps total: 1777 1 K
Atlien here and I'm still tryna figure out the difference between THABABY AND LILBABY

+5   

1 month ago '17        #17
punchlineking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 9546 9 K  Slaps total: 2645 2 K
 Carl said
You listen to 1 Da Baby track and you listened to em all.

very true

sh*t is trash
+5   

1 month ago '07        #18
OVERLORD 
Props total: 20275 20 K  Slaps total: 6474 6 K
He's a one trick pony
+2   

1 month ago '21        #19
BigChiefLA 
Props total: 1866 1 K  Slaps total: 503 503
 Bilal said
Superstar at this point.
True! He got now. He is what’s poppin in high school.
I coach football and his sh*t stays out the speaker. Drake is a old head to high schoolers.
+2   

1 month ago '17        #20
BlackGod 
Props total: 18528 18 K  Slaps total: 3787 3 K
 witchdoctor said
He’s where RaeSremmurd was 3-4yrs ago: a lot of commercial hits, but one bad year away from being forgot about. He hasn’t developed a cult fanbase that will support him no matter what, which makes a falloff a lot easier.

NBA youngboy doesn’t have huge hit records, but he has a cult fanbase that will keep him relevant. I have heard people say they like Dababys songs but never in a way like a true fan.
This is a good take.

I also think some of the numbers are weird because of features; Da Baby is definitely in the "industry feature starter pack" for established artists these days.

I really have no opinion about him besides the majority of his career is based on one flow and I actually liked Rae Sremmurd (they still on the workout playlist).

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-46online now  8
Video inside Hell Rell speaks on not Participating in the Verzuz with DipSet
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+26online now  7
Jul 31 - Vaccinated are now the SuperSpreaders
367 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
-52online now  7
Da Baby: I don't even know who Questlove is
185 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+72online now  6
Image(s) inside Nas Escobar: “King’s Disease II" (Anticipation x Discussion Thread) 08..
139 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy