Jun 17 - We asked Republicans to explain the Critical Race Theory boogeyman, they couldn’t

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
101 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '07        #1
1344 page views
33 comments

yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x56
Props total: 83893 83 K  Slaps total: 9211 9 K
Jun 17 - We asked Republicans to explain the Critical Race Theory boogeyman, they couldn’t

This summer’s hottest boogeyman among Republicans is “Critical Race Theory.”

It’s been name-checked over 1,300 times on Fox News in the past few months, per a Media Matters study.

In Congress, Republicans have pushed bills to keep the theory out of the military and have made a lot of noise about the need to keep it out of schools.

But when the Daily Dot asked Republicans for a definition of Critical Race Theory, they were less unified in their understanding of it.

They were hardly even coherent in their understanding of it.

Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.) told the Daily Dot that Critical Race Theory is “different things to different people but the bottom line is that it is a distorted view of racism.”

Asked how Critical Race Theory distorts racism, Brooks said, “by trying to turn it into a positive when it is a negative.”

Most Republicans were unwilling to even offer a definition, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) and Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) both refused to give any answers.

Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.) of Florida told the Daily Dot, “there’s a lot of people that have a lot of different definitions.”

Asked for the Senate Republicans’ definition of Critical Race Theory, Scott said, “I don’t think the Republican caucus has a definition.”

In early June, Scott introduced a resolution on Critical Race Theory which defines the theory as

“an academic concept based on the belief that racism is embedded in American society, highlighting the differences between Americans instead of the many commonalities that unite them.”

But when asked what the definition of Critical Race Theory might be in upcoming legislation from Republicans, Scott told the Daily Dot, “I’ll reveal when it comes.”

Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.), who signed onto Scott’s resolution, refused to answer when asked for her definition of Critical Race Theory.

Perhaps the clearest definition of the concept came from Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), who said,

“it is a Marxist ideology that conceives of society … Marxist ideology conceives of society as a battle between the classes, Critical Race Study substitutes race for class.”

Some Republicans were a bit more creative in their answers, like Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) who responded, “you give me a definition and I’ll tell you if I agree with it.”

Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.) was similarly elusive, when asked for a definition, he responded “you find me one.”

If there is a definition to Critical Race Theory, it is hard to nail down, because it’s a relatively new theory and has mostly been discussed in universities and law schools, a world away from the screeching chyrons of Fox News programs.

The American Bar a*sociation explains that Critical Race Theory is

“a practice of interrogating the role of race and racism in society that emerged in the legal academy and spread to other fields of scholarship.”

But that hasn’t stopped state legislatures, which have already begun rolling out laws banning educators from teaching Critical Race Theory in the classroom.

A number of education groups have condemned those laws.

In a statement, the groups (which included PEN America and the American a*sociation of University Professors) explained

“Purportedly, any examination of racism in this country’s classrooms might cause some students ‘discomfort’ because it is an uncomfortable and complicated subject. But the ideal of informed citizenship necessitates an educated public.”

But while Critical Race Theory dates back to at least the 1980s, most Americans probably didn’t hear about it until 2020, when it became a talking point among Republicans in the months before the election.

In September, a self-styled investigative journalist appeared on Tucker Carlson and declared that Critical Race Theory was overtaking the federal government.

President Donald Trump soon issued a wacky memo claiming that “press reports” showed critical race theory was running rampant in the Executive Branch and ordered agencies to identify “all contracts or other agency spending related to any training on ‘Critical Race Theory’.”

Nothing seemed to come out of the Trump White House memo, which was issued just a month before the 2020 election and was a textbook Trump play aimed at stirring fear-of-others in suburban voters.

But with Republicans hoping to return to power in Washington, they have doubled down on Critical Race Theory as their latest boogeyman, even if they have no idea what it means.
+18   

best
worst
33 comments

1 month ago '07        #2
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x56 OP
tell me you hate black people without telling me you hate black people
+44   

1 month ago '07        #3
Damagegadget  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 54758 54 K  Slaps total: 6875 6 K
These people barely know the very history of their party let alone this

All they do is appear as though they are an authority through their position

And thus is how they actually control “freedom”. By making sure the population is so uneducated they willfully elect people who don’t even understand the laws they govern
+31   

1 month ago '17        #4
Ymmot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 86722 86 K  Slaps total: 21326 21 K
Trump exposed that most right wingers don't know much about this country or it's history, and they don't want to.
+21   

1 month ago '05        #5
4REAL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 39891 39 K  Slaps total: 12018 12 K
If a statement really want to be made, why call it "Critical Race Theory." The fact that they've attached "theory" to the end of it is problematic. Simply call it "white supremacist history." We don't need liberals trying to give white supremacy a new name and trying to dance around it. Call it what it is.
+15   

1 month ago '04        #6
justinjones 
Props total: 40601 40 K  Slaps total: 2063 2 K
 Damagegadget said
These people barely know the very history of their party let alone this

All they do is appear as though they are an authority through their position

And thus is how they actually control “freedom”. By making sure the population is so uneducated they willfully elect people who don’t even understand the laws they govern
thats the goal. i seen a lot of people down here trying to homeschool their children when you know damn well they are not equip for that. Mix that with the fact that the state government are trying to place laws to erase teachings because it might "interfere with the parent's authority" says enough.

These people are willfully ready for them and their children to be ignorant just to be "right".
+15   

1 month ago '07        #7
Damagegadget  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 54758 54 K  Slaps total: 6875 6 K
 justinjones said
thats the goal. i seen a lot of people down here trying to homeschool their children when you know damn well they are not equip for that. Mix that with the fact that the state government are trying to place laws to erase teachings because it might "interfere with the parent's authority" says enough.

These people are willfully ready for them and their children to be ignorant just to be "right".
Yea all these trump supporters I know from high school never raised a hand to debate in school but all the sudden they acting smart lol
+15   

1 month ago '11        #8
PotheadFocker  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 29003 29 K  Slaps total: 3349 3 K
 Damagegadget said
Yea all these trump supporters I know from high school never raised a hand to debate in school but all the sudden they acting smart lol
Preach that sh*t. These d*ckbags would cheat off of dudes like me and ask how I'm so smart, yet they all of a sudden know everything because they voted for a fat orange idiot
+11   

1 month ago '17        #9
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 172905 172 K  Slaps total: 12161 12 K
 yola said

+24   

1 month ago '20        #10
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 36075 36 K  Slaps total: 6933 6 K
The boogyman is conspiracies in their mind of losing status , control , the ability to do as they feel & justifing it with lies & cover ups
+5   

1 month ago '15        #11
Mexicanelvis 
Props total: 11463 11 K  Slaps total: 632 632
@

Come talk your sh*t breh, this thread is probably more relevant to your ideas than the other one you were trying to “educate” people in…

+3   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '20        #12
BlacksAndLatins  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 14215 14 K  Slaps total: 7977 7 K
 yola said
1) You are whiter than birdsh*t on a F-150 in a snowstorm at a Target parking lot in Idaho though

2) Leftist cucks like you don't know what CRT is either

3) Self-appointed SJWs like you that always try to speak on behalf of the Black community are not taken seriously

1 month ago '18        #13
0msoc 
Props total: 228 228  Slaps total: 214 214
"Rather than serving a justifying role in criticisms for their transperspectival comprehensiveness, theories are better seen as interpretations that are validated by the extent to which they open up new possibilities of action that are themselves to be verified in democratic inquiry. Not only that, but every such theory is itself formulated from within a particular perspective."

1 month ago '06        #14
Storchaveli  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 23631 23 K  Slaps total: 5131 5 K
Republicanism is a mental disorder.
+8   

1 month ago '20        #15
MeNoSenYouNoCom  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 30839 30 K  Slaps total: 3236 3 K
 Mexicanelvis said
@

Come talk your sh*t breh, this thread is probably more relevant to your ideas than the other one you were trying to “educate” people in…

he's a fu*king moron here's his talking point ,

“it is a Marxist ideology that conceives of society … Marxist ideology conceives of society as a battle between the classes, Critical Race Study substitutes race for class.”

its the ted cruz one

Last edited by MeNoSenYouNoCom; 06-18-2021 at 12:48 AM..
+2   

1 month ago '16        #16
Proveone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 72427 72 K  Slaps total: 4526 4 K
One of my favorites

+5   

1 month ago '07        #17
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x56 OP
 MeNoSenYouNoCom said
the crazy thing is, republicans keep chanting "marxism" but they won't listen to what Karl Marx said

Marx said that workers should have the power which is what every blue-collar union employee and all of law enforcement thinks

Marx said people in power will do anything to keep that power, this is the whole deep state belief

Marx said people need to wake up to the reality of what's going on which is the whole QAnon premise

Marx was also very critical of the media

christian conservatism is replete with Marxism
+3   

1 month ago '20        #18
MeNoSenYouNoCom  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 30839 30 K  Slaps total: 3236 3 K
 yola said
the crazy thing is, republicans keep chanting "marxism" but they won't listen to what Karl Marx said

Marx said that workers should have the power which is what every blue-collar union employee and all of law enforcement thinks

Marx said people in power will do anything to keep that power, this is the whole deep state belief

Marx said people need to wake up to the reality of what's going on which is the whole QAnon premise

Marx was also very critical of the media

christian conservatism is replete with Marxism
which is why they side with Russia, sh*t is weird
+3   

1 month ago '12        #19
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 175994 175 K  Slaps total: 10225 10 K
It’s crazy the same people who want to keep up statues an sh*t of racist, rapist, and traitors are doing their best to make sure kids don’t actually learn about their exploits and those of their descendants.

Very CCP like of the GOP to be afraid of their own history
+11   

1 month ago '21        #20
Playboy69  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 12306 12 K  Slaps total: 1067 1 K
 yola said
Unless you are entertaining them only....
+1   

1 month ago '04        #21
gh3tto 
Props total: 43090 43 K  Slaps total: 9116 9 K
Some Republicans were a bit more creative in their answers, like Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) who responded, “you give me a definition and I’ll tell you if I agree with it.”
so when tested on your knowledge on a subject instantly give up and ask for the answer

i'd say gohmert is playing dumb but he's too convincing

+3   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '17        #22
DaQCKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 94560 94 K  Slaps total: 3963 3 K
Truthfully ion give a fu*k about schools teaching CRT. You really want the same system that teaches you to be a good worker bee, to teach CRT? Nah I'm good. My son will learn the truth at the crib. Ion need them twisting this sh*t up anymore than its already been twisted.
+4   

1 month ago '17        #23
Thegreatiandi  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 26059 26 K  Slaps total: 2124 2 K
Republican Conservative dipsh*ts: " these people are just weak...the facts are you can't hide from history...these monuments haven't hurt anyone...these are part of our history and we won't hid it because you snowflakes and you feelings can't handle it "

Also the same Republican Conservative dipsh*ts:

We don't want that in our schools...why should we teach our children that white people are literally...not indirectly...but directly responsible for the social rot of those we have oppressed, why teach them about black wall Street, or how slavery is directly tied to the reasons the rich white families you see in the south now even exist...in the north as well, why teach what red lining/steering/block busting/gerrymandering is and why it exist, why teach our children about how their great, great Grandparents were murderers/separators of children from parents/burners of churches/hangers of black fathers in front of their children/rapist of black children in front of their other siblings/ Architects of chaos in this US democratic experiment? Why would I want my kids to feel like it's their history...that's not fair to teach that...why teach that history "

Last edited by Thegreatiandi; 06-18-2021 at 05:40 PM..
+7   

1 month ago '08        #24
stead21  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 11318 11 K  Slaps total: 1795 1 K
Ask them to give up race, stop recognizing people based on it, get rid of white, black. Its super important to know your history.

1 month ago '19        #25
unit321  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 39097 39 K  Slaps total: 8463 8 K
 Mexicanelvis said
@

Okay, so not everyone knows CRT.

But, you know, knowledge is power. Don't ever call me a Twitter f*g**t again.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-23online now  19
Whatever happen to that kristine leahy chick
51 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+54online now  12
Video inside Beanie Sigel and Nore on Drink Champs dropping Tomorrow "Dame or Jay-z ..
84 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+179online now  8
Video inside Da baby kicks questlove out of hiphop
329 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  5
The Ascent Reviews are in