Jun 17 - Biden just canceled hundreds of millions in student loan debt

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section news

1 month ago '17        #1
7196 page views
133 comments

punchlineking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 9243 9 K  Slaps total: 2232 2 K
Jun 17 - Biden just canceled hundreds of millions in student loan debt

This is just the start ----

More on the way

SORRY Trumpers stay mad

Source :
visit this link https://www.yahoo.com/fin .. 172700191.html

he Biden administration has announced it's wiping away hundreds of millions of dollars in student loan debt for borrowers who said they got ripped off by their school.

This latest wave of debt forgiveness comes on top of at least $2.3 billion in student loans that the Department of Education canceled earlier this year. Those borrowers now have more room in their budgets to save, invest or get a handle on their other debts.

As millions of Americans wait for word on whether President Joe Biden will provide massive student loan forgiveness, here's a look at whether you might be covered by the new action.

Who's eligible for the latest forgiveness?

Nancy Sarnoff
Wed, June 16, 2021, 12:17 PM
Biden just canceled hundreds of millions in student loan debt — do you qualify?
The Biden administration has announced it's wiping away hundreds of millions of dollars in student loan debt for borrowers who said they got ripped off by their school.

This latest wave of debt forgiveness comes on top of at least $2.3 billion in student loans that the Department of Education canceled earlier this year. Those borrowers now have more room in their budgets to save, invest or get a handle on their other debts.

As millions of Americans wait for word on whether President Joe Biden will provide massive student loan forgiveness, here's a look at whether you might be covered by the new action.

student debt
@margJohnsonVA / Twenty20
- ADVERTISEMENT -

The fresh debt forgiveness is going to students who attended ITT Technical Institute and made claims against the school for misrepresentation or deceit, the Education Department announced Wednesday. ITT, a for-profit technical school that operated campuses across the U.S., closed in 2016.

Eligible borrowers will receive 100% loan discharges, totaling about $500 million. Claims from some 18,000 students have been approved, the department says.

"Our action today will give thousands of borrowers a fresh start and the relief they deserve after ITT repeatedly lied to them," Education Secretary Miguel Cardona says in a news release.

Officials found that the school misrepresented how much students could expect to earn and the types of jobs they could land after graduation. In reality, borrowers told the department that having ITT on their resumes made it harder to find employment.

This is 'borrower defense' debt cancellation

Nancy Sarnoff
Wed, June 16, 2021, 12:17 PM
The Biden administration has announced it's wiping away hundreds of millions of dollars in student loan debt for borrowers who said they got ripped off by their school.

student debt
@margJohnsonVA / Twenty20
- ADVERTISEMENT -

The fresh debt forgiveness is going to students who attended ITT Technical Institute and made claims against the school for misrepresentation or deceit, the Education Department announced Wednesday. ITT, a for-profit technical school that operated campuses across the U.S., closed in 2016.

Eligible borrowers will receive 100% loan discharges, totaling about $500 million. Claims from some 18,000 students have been approved, the department says.

"Our action today will give thousands of borrowers a fresh start and the relief they deserve after ITT repeatedly lied to them," Education Secretary Miguel Cardona says in a news release.

Officials found that the school misrepresented how much students could expect to earn and the types of jobs they could land after graduation. In reality, borrowers told the department that having ITT on their resumes made it harder to find employment.

This is 'borrower defense' debt cancellation
student debt
@BeautyStars / Twenty20
This latest round of forgiveness is thanks to provisions in the law that allow borrowers with federal student loans to ask that the debt be erased if their schools did anything deceptive or illegal — or abruptly went out of business.

For one of these "borrower defense" claims to be approved, you must be able to demonstrate that your college violated state law with your loan or with the education services the school provided.

This new relief is in addition to $1 billion in student debt the Biden White House canceled earlier this year under the same law. A later, unrelated move forgave another $1.3 billion.

In the case of ITT, eligible borrowers will receive notices over the next several weeks — followed by forgiveness of their loans.

What about broader student loan forgiveness?
This year's debt cancellations are — to be honest — just small change compared to the sweeping student loan forgiveness that's being discussed in Washington and is advocated by a number of influential lawmakers.

Members of Congress have been on a mission to convince President Biden to obliterate up to $50,000 in federal student loan debt for every American saddled with unpaid college loans. They want the president to use his executive authority to strike the debt.

He has said he’s willing to cancel $10,000 in student debt, but he has rebuffed calls for the bigger amount. Still, he has asked administration officials to look into the idea, and he recently told Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren that they're welcome to keep pushing him on the issue.

Those f*ghting for more generous relief say it would give Americans a more meaningful break from crushing student debt that's kept them from buying homes and cars, getting married and investing for the futures.

If you’re not eligible for the government’s latest forgiveness plan and you need relief from overwhelming student loan debt, there are things you can do right now to make your life a little easier.

First, consider refinancing your student loans. Interest rates on student loan refinances from private lenders have hit record lows, so replacing your debt with a new private student loan could cut your monthly payments substantially.

Refinancing a federal student loan into a private one would make you ineligible if federal loan forgiveness ever happens.

If you’re a homeowner, you might want to refinance your mortgage. With 30-year rates averaging less than 3%, some 14.1 million mortgage holders could save an average of $287 a month by refinancing, according to mortgage technology and data provider Black Knight.

The best rates go to borrowers with the highest credit scores. If you haven't seen your score in a while, it’s easy now to take a look at your credit score for free.

After you've cut your debt costs, you might generate a little more income with some low-stakes investing in the stock market. One popular app helps you build a diversified portfolio by investing just "spare change" from your everyday purchases.
+15   

best
worst
133 comments

1 month ago '16        #2
Boogersugar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 78035 78 K  Slaps total: 10544 10 K
Needs to go bigger and broader but this is a good start
+49   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '17        #3
Ymmot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 86387 86 K  Slaps total: 20972 20 K
Dope, I didn't even hear about this till right now.
+12   

1 month ago '20        #4
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 35786 35 K  Slaps total: 6893 6 K
Wowzers , the racist will be big mad even though it will benefit them the most
+24   

1 month ago '16        #5
Ghostface Killa  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 23990 23 K  Slaps total: 4371 4 K
 Xiox said
Wowzers , the racist will be big mad even though it will benefit them the most
Why is that?

Glad he's following thru on that promise
+4   

1 month ago '17        #6
punchlineking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4 OP
Props total: 9243 9 K  Slaps total: 2232 2 K
 Boogersugar said
Needs to go bigger and broader but this is a good start
Agreed more is on the way....
+8   

1 month ago '14        #7
M Jizzle1986 
Props total: 6751 6 K  Slaps total: 397 397
I attended ITT Tech back in 2007, how can I take advantage of this?
+40   

1 month ago '06        #8
whammy 
Props total: 15036 15 K  Slaps total: 984 984
This has been in the pipeline for a while so I'm not surprised.

Let me know when the 10k or 50k is forgiven.
+38   

1 month ago '21        #9
Kendrick Lamar 
Props total: 1121 1 K  Slaps total: 186 186
Great idea!....

1 month ago '07        #10
Blak King  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 31376 31 K  Slaps total: 7912 7 K
Nah I want mines gone too!
+23   

1 month ago '13        #11
Hayek  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 11643 11 K  Slaps total: 3755 3 K
so not for the people that went to college but the people that got scammed. yeah ok bi*ch n*gga
+77   

1 month ago '09        #12
Burg Boy 
Props total: 2772 2 K  Slaps total: 450 450
I have a bachelors..

College is a scam.. unless you an athlete or in the medical field.
+35   

1 month ago '18        #13
Losantana16x3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 21425 21 K  Slaps total: 3347 3 K

up next on the Biden summer jam screen

+48   

1 month ago '13        #14
BLACK MAMBA 
Props total: 9454 9 K  Slaps total: 5368 5 K
This is all a lie and if you quote this disagreeing you’re a bot

1 month ago '06        #15
xastey 
Props total: 8584 8 K  Slaps total: 636 636
This is great because I have some loans and well they tried to sue my a*s recently lol. Anyways, wasn't this time of forgiveness already in place. I could have swore that if you could prove negligence of the school they would forgive it.. maybe I'm bugging in any case. Lets get this going. Sucks that this only works for Fed loans and not Private school loans
+1   

1 month ago '17        #16
one il matt 56  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 24011 24 K  Slaps total: 3504 3 K
 Ymmot said
Dope, I didn't even hear about this till right now.
Because it’s so narrow and defined.

Student loans amount to $1.5 trillion
+7   

1 month ago '06        #17
lato9905 
Props total: 8757 8 K  Slaps total: 1528 1 K
Where do we sign up?

1 month ago '17        #18
ohyouwilin 
Props total: 216 216  Slaps total: 58 58
 BLACK MAMBA said
This is all a lie and if you quote this disagreeing you’re a bot

Quoted bi*ch. State the lie or stfu
+6   

1 month ago '18        #19
Losantana16x3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 21425 21 K  Slaps total: 3347 3 K
Back in 2004-2007 they were running private college loans on TV. I only paid the govt loans. Others fell off the credit report. Still sh*tting a 800+ on dem hoes

Come see my tradeline/AU package. Get that bx discount. Code: Bx4thePeople ig: hit the dm

Last edited by Losantana16x3; 06-17-2021 at 04:14 PM..
+6   

1 month ago '13        #20
DiegoRivera  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 68285 68 K  Slaps total: 5012 5 K
My sh*t still there. Man if I see that sh*t wiped out one day boy...
+15   

1 month ago '20        #21
ThaTzKrazYie 
Props total: 783 783  Slaps total: 45 45
Need to take away backpay for child support for all my real fathers
+3   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '17        #22
Ymmot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 86387 86 K  Slaps total: 20972 20 K
 one il matt 56 said
Because it’s so narrow and defined.

Student loans amount to $1.5 trillion
Ok? It's a good start, more than we've ever seen.
+4   

1 month ago '05        #23
pippen33 
Props total: 20259 20 K  Slaps total: 1508 1 K
IT Tech? Damn that sh*t sounds familiar. Feel like they always had TV commercials back in the day
+11   

1 month ago '07        #24
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x56
Props total: 83611 83 K  Slaps total: 9144 9 K
cue the "Biden and Dems are evil but i have no plan, alternative or solution i just want Trump in charge" crowd
+9   

1 month ago '21        #25
I am awake 
Props total: 1325 1 K  Slaps total: 423 423
 M Jizzle1986 said
I attended ITT Tech back in 2007, how can I take advantage of this?
You can’t. Pay your bills scumbag.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+84online now  26
Video inside Jul 26 - Full Video Released of Hunter Biden Smoking Crack 100% real
326 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+70online now  19
[Fat Loss] Lost more weight on keto than on my water fast
103 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+84online now  12
PJ Washington really told Brittany Renner this?? 😆