Microsoft bought Bethesda for more than just games, Orion plans to improve cloud gaming

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+20  48
33 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 months ago '12        #1
336 page views
14 comments

Faythung 
Props total: 21438 21 K  Slaps total: 1810 1 K
Microsoft bought Bethesda for more than just games, Orion plans to improve cloud gaming

WHAT IS ORION?
Orion is technology that enhances the experience of a streamed game. Orion technology reduces latency and bandwidth while streaming a game, making streamed games accessible to more people, in more areas, at higher quality.
Orion is a game- and platform-agnostic technology that optimizes game engines for streaming. In contrast to game streaming services that focus on hardware solutions to stream games, Orion is a game engine-level software solution. Integrated within the game engine itself, Orion can achieve dramatic latency reductions of up to 20% per frame as well as up to a 40% reduction in required bandwidth.

FAQ
What is Orion?
Orion is patented game streaming technology that optimizes game engine performance in the cloud. It is game engine and cloud platform agnostic.

Who is it for?
Orion technology will make streaming games better for everyone. Orion was designed to improve the player experience by mitigating latency and reducing bandwidth requirements. Orion was also created for publishers, streaming providers, and developers to lower their streaming costs and ensure that games perform at the high quality they intended. Orion makes it possible for streamed video games to reach more players in more places without compromising quality.

For players, Orion means enjoying high-speed performance with imperceptible latency even in a twitchy shooter; lower usage against ISP bandwidth caps; and a wider availability, making quality play available to players living far from data centers.

For developers, the Orion SDK is easily integrated into a game, which means they can be confident in delivering a best-in-class streaming experience to players, with minimal additional effort.

For streaming providers, Orion means reaching a bigger audience, at reduced costs, with a superior level of service. Orion makes possible substantially reduced capital investments in data centers, and can materially lower the cost in operating a streaming service.
How can I get more information?

Where can I try it?
Bethesda will continually run public trials on multiple platforms . For a chance to be among the first in the world to test this new game streaming technology with DOOM (2016), register at SlayersClub.com.

What is the Slayers Club?
The Slayers Club is the official DOOM fan club. It's a celebration of the fans, passion, and creativity surrounding DOOM over the past 25 years. Becoming a member is free, easy, and grants fans access to exclusive giveaways, streams, content, digital items for DOOM Eternal, and more!

Which platforms can I use in Orion public trials?
Orion public trials will be on Apple devices running iOS 13 or higher as well as Android and PC. All Slayers Club members can sign up for Orion updates and receive Slayers Club points at SlayersClub.com.

How are you choosing who gets invited to Orion public trials?
Participants will be selected at Bethesdaís discretion from Slayers Club members who register for the test and own devices with trial-appropriate operating systems.

How will I know if Iíve been selected for an Orion public trial?
You will receive an email with trial details containing a redemption code and download instructions.

If I am selected for an Orion public trial, will I be able to play all of DOOM (2016)?
If you are selected to participate in the trial, you will be able to play through the entire DOOM (2016) single player campaign and Arcade Mode. Multiplayer, and SnapMap, will not be available during the first public trial.

visit this link Source
+6   

best
worst
14 comments

2 months ago '16        #2
Quinn 
Props total: 6484 6 K  Slaps total: 1527 1 K
makes sense, sounds good

only time will Tell
+2   

2 months ago '20        #3
D1dnt read 
Props total: 21770 21 K  Slaps total: 5297 5 K
cliffs?

2 months ago '12        #4
Faythung  OP
 D1dnt read said
cliffs?

+9   

2 months ago '18        #5
WeedCanuckman  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 55584 55 K  Slaps total: 12426 12 K
Oof marrone always with the scenarios

2 months ago '20        #6
D1dnt read 
 Faythung said

too big, resize please
+1   

2 months ago '12        #7
Faythung  OP
 D1dnt read said
too big, resize please

+5   

2 months ago '14        #8
rashadd 
Props total: 22686 22 K  Slaps total: 1148 1 K
Oh man that sounds really great.

But in the meantime where is Elder Scrolls VI?

2 months ago '04        #9
Liquid-Science 
Props total: 2025 2 K  Slaps total: 398 398
When the deal was going through, they kept saying MS wanted some tech Zenimax had, I figured it was game engine sh*t but this makes more sense

2 months ago '17        #10
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 71753 71 K  Slaps total: 22880 22 K
Can we stop posting such irrelevant a*s news?

Goddamn, I cannot wait till some of these Xbox games drop and hopefully occupy y’all time. Y’all n*ggas really bored as fu*k every single day on here lol

2 months ago '07        #11
moe4484  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 2984 2 K  Slaps total: 250 250
Interesting, makes sense with them moving more and more towards streaming games.

2 months ago '04        #12
Liquid-Science 
Props total: 2025 2 K  Slaps total: 398 398
 SPdaGOAT said
Can we stop posting such irrelevant a*s news?

Goddamn, I cannot wait till some of these Xbox games drop and hopefully occupy y’all time. Y’all n*ggas really bored as fu*k every single day on here lol
Returnal and Ratchet & Clank ain't stop you from polluting this forum
+2   

2 months ago '17        #13
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 71753 71 K  Slaps total: 22880 22 K
 Liquid-Science said
Returnal and Ratchet & Clank ain't stop you from polluting this forum
I donít pollute this forum

2 months ago '04        #14
Wawdy24 
Props total: 8496 8 K  Slaps total: 3717 3 K
 Faythung said

He needs a picture book... preferably in 1080p

2 months ago '20        #15
D1dnt read 
 Wawdy24 said
He needs a picture book... preferably in 1080p

just pass me the 756p one u got there's only one so it shouldn't be hard to find

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+20online now  16
Took his whole health bar bro.
22 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
+29online now  12
What Games Are You Playing RIGHT NOW? August 2021 Hot Summer 🔥🔥..
105 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  10
Image(s) inside Aug 1 - Georgia teen shot and k*lled in shopping mall after food court..
97 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+44online now  7
Antarctica
139 comments
1 day ago
@misc
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy