Jun 17 - joey biden....will sign juneteenth bill today

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '09        #1
873 page views
57 comments

messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x68
Props total: 230531 230 K  Slaps total: 25881 25 K
Jun 17 - joey biden....will sign juneteenth bill today

visit this link https://www.cnbc.com/2021 .. igns-bill.html

President Joe Biden is set to sign a bill establishing Juneteenth, the date marking the end of slavery in the United States, as a federal holiday.

Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris are slated to deliver remarks in the East Room, according to the White House.

Juneteenth National Independence Day will become the 12th legal public holiday, and the first new one since Martin Luther King Jr. Day was signed into law in 1983 by then-President Ronald Reagan

President Joe Biden is set to sign on Thursday a bill establishing Juneteenth, the date marking the end of slavery in the United States, as a federal holiday.

The 3:30 p.m. ET signing event at the White House comes two days before Juneteenth itself, which falls on June 19 each year. Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris are scheduled to deliver remarks in the East Room, according to the White House

image Juneteenth National Independence Day will become the 12th legal public holiday and the first new one created since Martin Luther King Jr. Day was signed into law in 1983 by then-President Ronald Reagan.

Juneteenth marks the date that the last enslaved African Americans were granted their freedom. On that day in 1865, Union soldiers led by Gen. Gordon Granger arrived in the coastal city of Galveston, Texas, to deliver General Order No. 3, officially ending slavery in the state.

The final act of liberation came months after the Confederate army’s surrender ended the Civil War, and more than two years after President Abraham Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation

The final act of liberation came months after the Confederate army’s surrender ended the Civil War, and more than two years after President Abraham Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation.

Lincoln was a*sassinated on April 15, 1865, two months before his proclamation made it to Texas.

The holiday legislation passed this week with overwhelming support in both chambers of Congress. The Senate approved the bill unanimously Tuesday night, and the House passed it in a 415-14 vote. The only votes against the bill came from Republicans

image On the House floor before the vote, some GOP lawmakers complained about the name of the holiday, and others expressed concern about the cost of giving the federal workforce another day off

image Some also railed against Democrats for pushing the bill to a vote without first allowing committees to examine the legislation and offer amendments.

Still, most House Republicans, even those who objected to parts of the bill, ended up voting for it.

The Juneteenth legislation was sponsored in the Senate by Edward Markey, D-Mass. The House version, sponsored by Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas, was co-sponsored by 166 lawmakers
+7   

best
worst
57 comments

1 month ago '04        #2
abstractq 
Props total: 23995 23 K  Slaps total: 4045 4 K
so i mean if he signs it today and the 19th is on saturday. . .can a n*gga get monday off?
+15   

1 month ago '11        #3
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x35
Props total: 156972 156 K  Slaps total: 21918 21 K
still waiting on that police accountability bill signing
+19   

1 month ago '20        #4
confidential1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 52444 52 K  Slaps total: 2742 2 K
 Sin said
Fax.... now he needs to sign a federal bill making black people a protected class. That’s the least the government can do for the people that labored to build this country into a global super power but refused to pay us. And then deputized white people to burn down and steal all the generational wealth prior black US citizens accumulated since the emancipation proclamation from Tulsa massacre to cointel pro to crack to police brutality.... protect us now and reparations asap
+4   

1 month ago '19        #5
Boxedin1 
Props total: 8603 8 K  Slaps total: 1600 1 K
A holiday to remind us that nobody told the people of texas that slavery was over?
+7   

1 month ago '06        #6
V For Vendetta 
Props total: 13653 13 K  Slaps total: 996 996
They've been passing bills for months now to make sure black people never get to vote again. Taking every measure possible to make sure black votes don't matter.

But they're making Juneteenth a holiday so that makes it even, right?

Last edited by V For Vendetta; 06-17-2021 at 10:31 AM..
+2   

1 month ago '21        #7
MrDoubtfire  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3347 3 K  Slaps total: 4239 4 K
Joey Biden is a f*g**t
+5   

1 month ago '21        #8
LuxG2 
Props total: 12349 12 K  Slaps total: 2169 2 K
 Sin said
you & I both.
+8   

1 month ago '04        #9
justinjones 
Props total: 40552 40 K  Slaps total: 2060 2 K
 Sin said
correct me if I wrong but wouldn’t that be just as much pandering since they can’t do nothing outside of the federal level?
+2   

1 month ago '17        #10
Iduzdis 
Props total: 13752 13 K  Slaps total: 3009 3 K
Symbolic

He knows that doesn’t do nothing.

First off, why would black people need a racist to approve a day to celebrate their historic freedom? Oh yeah, massa Biden must tell us when.
+5   

1 month ago '11        #11
 justinjones said
correct me if I wrong but wouldn’t that be just as much pandering since they can’t do nothing outside of the federal level?
they absolutely can influence local police with funding

when it comes to medicare the government won't pay hospital bills unless certain criteria are met with the patients care

same can be done with police
+1   

1 month ago '11        #12
 Iduzdis said
Symbolic

First off, why would black people need a racist to approve a day to celebrate their historic freedom? Oh yeah, massa Biden must tell us when.
a holiday we've been celebrating for centuries without any help or recognition

its definitely symbolic

1 month ago '17        #13
Iduzdis 
Props total: 13752 13 K  Slaps total: 3009 3 K
 Sin said
Yeah, that fu*ker clearly showing he’s conscious of “doing something” for black people” but deliberately slip over the important sh*t.

He a grand wizard so of course he wants the race soldiers active with leeway.
+3   

1 month ago '12        #14
daman729 
Props total: 65215 65 K  Slaps total: 2523 2 K
 Iduzdis said
Symbolic

Exactly. Fake victory bullsh*t and Biden knows it.
+4   

1 month ago '15        #15
Mickey Ganja 
Props total: 6046 6 K  Slaps total: 1351 1 K
This was a GOP/Trump bill so not sure why those GOP cats voted no.

1 month ago '21        #16
Marrero 
Props total: 1076 1 K  Slaps total: 453 453
 Sin said
Yea this what I wanted to say. It was gonna come out worse though. I was gonna say fu*k this bill but it’s not like i’m against it. I just think this is another pacifier. We been celebrating this day. A bill means what? Commercials and merchandise?

1 month ago '04        #17
justinjones 
Props total: 40552 40 K  Slaps total: 2060 2 K
 Sin said
they absolutely can influence local police with funding

when it comes to medicare the government won't pay hospital bills unless certain criteria are met with the patients care

same can be done with police
that’s not gonna make the cops change what they are doing. You need something more substantial than just limiting funding

1 month ago '21        #18
Marrero 
Props total: 1076 1 K  Slaps total: 453 453
“ On the House floor before the vote, some GOP lawmakers complained about the name of the holiday, and others expressed concern about the cost of giving the federal workforce another day off

What does this part mean? Only certain people would get the day off?

1 month ago '04        #19
Rap Prodigy 
Props total: 599 599  Slaps total: 169 169
I don’t want Juneteenth. I want November 4 so we can actually participate in vote, considering a lot of us will have to travel four hours and stand in four hour long lines to vote.

1 month ago '16        #20
MadMarlo 
Props total: 17620 17 K  Slaps total: 3418 3 K
 Sin said
How about you go ask your first cousin Senator Tim Scott

+1   

1 month ago '11        #21
 Iduzdis said
Yeah, that fu*ker clearly showing he’s conscious of “doing something” for black people” but deliberately slip over the important sh*t.

He a grand wizard so of course he wants the race soldiers active with leeway.
he only cared about our vote, next democrats will continue to pacify us all by legalizing weed
+1   

1 month ago '20        #22
Likeaboss38732  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 9338 9 K  Slaps total: 720 720
We are owed a lot more but....Small wins eventually lead to big wins... Keep it going... Getting my BBQ grill ready

+1   

1 month ago '04        #23
regularjoe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 33516 33 K  Slaps total: 7686 7 K
 confidential1 said
Fax.... now he needs to sign a federal bill making black people a protected class. That’s the least the government can do for the people that labored to build this country into a global super power but refused to pay us. And then deputized white people to burn down and steal all the generational wealth prior black US citizens accumulated since the emancipation proclamation from Tulsa massacre to cointel pro to crack to police brutality.... protect us now and reparations asap
Question -- and legit asking for information. Making black people a protected class, that's the same thing they did for the Asian community?

And how does that work for white people? Are white people just open season? Lol.

1 month ago '05        #24
Daddy Black 
Props total: 13931 13 K  Slaps total: 1210 1 K
fu*k them. Another bullsh*t thing to make black people be quiet. Anyone besides me feel that this is mad racist? Black people only want to be treated like everyone else and left alone. Why the fu*k is that so hard to do.
+1   

1 month ago '06        #25
servesurite 
Props total: 4434 4 K  Slaps total: 501 501
 abstractq said
so i mean if he signs it today and the 19th is on saturday. . .can a n*gga get monday off?
friday

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  10
The Truth About the Vaccine
339 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+197online now  5
Damian Lillard: “Foreign players play better for their home countries than..
231 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+24online now  4
Video inside EXPOSED - Jade Pinkett slept with underage rapper
182 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  3
Phil handy and Draymond green get at jae crowder