JAY Z Sues Photographer JONATHAN MANNION For Millions Over Likeness Use

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 months ago '21        #1
2521 page views
61 comments

StopHatingOnMe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 4438 4 K  Slaps total: 5502 5 K
JAY Z Sues Photographer JONATHAN MANNION For Millions Over Likeness Use

best
worst
61 comments

2 months ago '07        #2
iTzMe!  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 2842 2 K  Slaps total: 270 270
This some petty sh*t. Lol
+3   

2 months ago '05        #3
bqstudios 
Props total: 17049 17 K  Slaps total: 2631 2 K
 iTzMe! said
This some petty sh*t. Lol
was thinkin the same, jay has a point, but from what i understand, this photographer has shot alot of iconic stuff and people. he deserves a bit more respect for his art and jay shouldnt stress the lil bit he's making of his work.
+1   

2 months ago '12        #4
Jo Blow 
Props total: 7681 7 K  Slaps total: 1051 1 K
i'm not sure if Jay has a case cause the photographer does own the images unless they had a contract to where he doesn't. unless he's using images he didn't take...
+4   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '20        #5
ProfessionalDon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 22054 22 K  Slaps total: 3198 3 K
 Jo Blow said
i'm not sure if Jay has a case cause the photographer does own the images unless they had a contract to where he doesn't. unless he's using images he didn't take...
think its more about him selling merch with the images
+10   

2 months ago '05        #6
ice wolf  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 22285 22 K  Slaps total: 8661 8 K
Jake-Z being a petty b!tch again

Homie just tryin to feed his family by selling vintage Hip-Hop pics. It ain't easy relying on Photography to pay your bills. Just let it go, Hov.
+13   

2 months ago '14        #7
K Robinson 
Props total: 7407 7 K  Slaps total: 1952 1 K
Multiple people said Jay brought the feds into hip hop. I'm not surprised at anything he does.
+12   

2 months ago '13        #8
DiegoRivera  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 68419 68 K  Slaps total: 5049 5 K
If their contract stated as such, that's on him
+5   

2 months ago '16        #9
Boogersugar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 78876 78 K  Slaps total: 10710 10 K
If you don't defend your legal rights to your likeness you set a precedent that makes it difficult to exclusively monetize your likeness
+18   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '17        #10
Mr Scaramucci  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x156
Props total: 109843 109 K  Slaps total: 24743 24 K
Good. Learn to protect yourself.
A lot of you Bx n*ggas be nutting in bi*ches raw and she takes that sperm and makes a child out of it now you got a little mini clone you got to be financially and emotionally responsive for when you could learn from Jigga and be like Nah n*gga.
+5   

2 months ago '04        #11
Cutty Olds 
Props total: 18396 18 K  Slaps total: 1593 1 K
 K Robinson said
Multiple people said Jay brought the feds into hip hop. I'm not surprised at anything he does.
Yeah cause I’m sure that’s why they were following and all up in the business of J.Prince and Scarface, Mac Dre and the Romper Room Posse, Ice-T, Public Enemy, and 2 Live Crew in the 80’s and 90’s...because of Jay-Z
+8   

2 months ago '20        #12
A2020poster 
Props total: 2236 2 K  Slaps total: 120 120
 bqstudios said
was thinkin the same, jay has a point, but from what i understand, this photographer has shot alot of iconic stuff and people. he deserves a bit more respect for his art and jay shouldnt stress the lil bit he's making of his work.
But this is where I don’t get these aggressive Photographers…

Literally anyone could have done your job. You were invited to a dope moment that would have existed with or without you… but you’re acting like you created the moment. You had NOTHING to do with the creation of the moment. It was going to exist with or without you.

The artist lets you win the lottery and document it above the many thousands of people locally who could have gotten that opportunity and you choose to punish the artist for allowing you to be a small part of THEIR moment.

Pardon me for going off but I wish I could be present for these kind of cases
+1   

2 months ago '09        #13
whodatb1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 31918 31 K  Slaps total: 3850 3 K
Business 101....

If youre working.... or being profited off of....

You deserve to be compensated for it....

I told companies a long time ago.... don't email me after my hours unless you're paying me for it....

And if you use my work... that I created.... pay me....
+7   

2 months ago '04        #14
KidKingGoD 
Props total: 2438 2 K  Slaps total: 473 473
 A2020poster said
But this is where I don’t get these aggressive Photographers…

Literally anyone could have done your job. You were invited to a dope moment that would have existed with or without you… but you’re acting like you created the moment. You had NOTHING to do with the creation of the moment. It was going to exist with or without you.

The artist lets you win the lottery and document it above the many thousands of people locally who could have gotten that opportunity and you choose to punish the artist for allowing you to be a small part of THEIR moment.

Pardon me for going off but I wish I could be present for these kind of cases
I wish you could be to at the court case to so I could beat h th e living sh*t at how stupid you are and sound right now.

Jonathan Mannion is one of the greatest photographers of all time.

No one could have done his work. His work on his website is HIS work. He owns his images he can sell his photography however he chooses. Jay has no case here and stupid d*ckhead nikkas like u who swallow Jay-z’s d*ck all because of what? Dope photography in magazines and sick videos that video directors created. Hats th e only reason I even know wtf he looks like.

Jay’s the ugliest fu*king rapper since Craig mack is made to look cool because of the team of people involved.
Respect photography you stupid a*s n*gga. Everything u purchase is based upon it. And it isn’t a job anyone can do it’s hard alf. We not talking about the imagery u make sending d*ck flicks to men. We are talkin lag about art.

Oh and Jonathan Mannion made every single image in this commercial and more put some fukkking respect in his name.

Being that jay’s album covers since Mannion stopped shooting them have been trash he really should be thanking god for every classic albums cover he gave him. Period!!!
+7   

2 months ago '21        #15
Young Defiant  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 4883 4 K  Slaps total: 12112 12 K
Only the Broke sue people....

2 months ago '07        #16
Bkjj11  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x72
Props total: 161296 161 K  Slaps total: 26977 26 K
jay not gonna win this.

2 months ago '05        #17
rellish 
Props total: 12400 12 K  Slaps total: 1689 1 K
 KidKingGoD said
I wish you could be to at the court case to so I could beat h th e living sh*t at how stupid you are and sound right now.

No one could have done his work. His work on his website is HIS work. He owns his images he can sell his photography however he chooses. Jay has no case here and stupid d*ckhead nikkas like u who swallow Jay-zís d*ck all because of what? Dope photography in magazines and sick videos that video directors created. Hats th e only reason I even know wtf he looks like.

Jayís the ugliest fu*king rapper since Craig mack is made to look cool because of the team of people involved.
Respect photography you stupid a*s n*gga. Everything u purchase is based upon it. And it isnít a job anyone can do itís hard alf. We not talking about the imagery u make sending d*ck flicks to men. We are talkin lag about art.

Oh and Jonathan Mannion made every single image in this commercial and more put some fukkking respect in his name.

Being that jayís album covers since Mannion stopped shooting them have been trash he really should be thanking god for every classic albums cover he gave him. Period!!!
fu*k Jonathan Mannion!!!!!

Pay that niga Jigga!!!!! Immegiately!!!!

2 months ago '04        #18
RIAA  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 4511 4 K  Slaps total: 414 414
Hov seriously needs to let the man eat, TF?!?
+1   

2 months ago '19        #19
GetYaCoinsKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 44248 44 K  Slaps total: 7817 7 K
Why do i feel he made him look like a Camel, You can tell Hov is sensitive about his camel likeness if anything R. J. Reynolds should sue him for using their likeness.

2 months ago '16        #20
Hoggystyle  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 75565 75 K  Slaps total: 8437 8 K
Nas was right jay looks like a camel with rat whiskers

2 months ago '16        #21
flipHuxtable 
Props total: 148 148  Slaps total: 17 17
 Boogersugar said
If you don't defend your legal rights to your likeness you set a precedent that makes it difficult to exclusively monetize your likeness
This guy gets it - you gotta flex on everyone because if you let it slide and someone else comes along and uses your IP you canít complain
+1   

2 months ago '13        #22
Pomba  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 4217 4 K  Slaps total: 239 239
Billionaire bullying a photographer

2 months ago '14        #23
B Murda 
Props total: 3986 3 K  Slaps total: 534 534
n*ggas really in here defending someone using Jay's likeness without permission? The fu*k?

And for those who aren't too bright, this clearly NOT about the money...
+4   

2 months ago '20        #24
A2020poster 
 KidKingGoD said

No one could have done his work. His work on his website is HIS work. He owns his images he can sell his photography however he chooses. Jay has no case here and stupid d*ckhead nikkas like u who swallow Jay-zís d*ck all because of what? Dope photography in magazines and sick videos that video directors created. Hats th e only reason I even know wtf he looks like.

Jayís the ugliest fu*king rapper since Craig mack is made to look cool because of the team of people involved.
Respect photography you stupid a*s n*gga. Everything u purchase is based upon it. And it isnít a job anyone can do itís hard alf. We not talking about the imagery u make sending d*ck flicks to men. We are talkin lag about art.

Being that jayís album covers since Mannion stopped shooting them have been trash he really should be thanking god for every classic albums cover he gave him. Period!!!

Anyone I know could have done what he did with an iPhone. I donít know anybody who could have made ďReasonable Doubt.Ē The artists create these moments and vultures steal. But we can box it out for charity anytime.

2 months ago '20        #25
A2020poster 
 rellish said
fu*k Jonathan Mannion!!!!!

Pay that niga Jigga!!!!! Immegiately!!!!
Huh man

BX smiley artists >>>>>> this vulture

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+61online now  22
Video inside Sheek Louch Says DIPSET Is P*SSY & CAMRON Almost GOT PACKED OUT By Ruff..
186 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+209online now  20
Rapper Jadakiss Arrested On murder Charges
109 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+40online now  17
Dr. Dre's eldest daughter, 38, reveals she's homeless