Jun 15 - More evidence suggests COVID-19 was in US by Christmas 2019

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '14        #1
2404 page views
98 comments

Aries  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 53447 53 K  Slaps total: 6695 6 K
Jun 15 - More evidence suggests COVID-19 was in US by Christmas 2019

NEW YORK (AP) — A new analysis of blood samples from 24,000 Americans taken early last year is the latest and largest study to suggest that the new coronavirus popped up in the U.S. in December 2019 — weeks before cases were first recognized by health officials.

The analysis is not definitive, and some experts remain skeptical, but federal health officials are increasingly accepting a timeline in which small numbers of COVID-19 infections may have occurred in the U.S. before the world ever became aware of a dangerous new virus erupting in China.

“The studies are pretty consistent,” said Natalie Thornburg of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

“There was probably very rare and sporadic cases here earlier than we were aware of. But it was not widespread and didn’t become widespread until late February,” said Thornburg, principal investigator of the CDC’s respiratory virus immunology team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Such results underscore the need for countries to work together and identify newly emerging viruses as quickly and collaboratively as possible, she added.

The pandemic coronavirus emerged in Wuhan, China in late 2019. Officially, the first U.S. infection to be identified was a traveler — a Washington state man who returned from Wuhan on Jan. 15 and sought help at a clinic on Jan. 19.

CDC officials initially said the spark that started the U.S. outbreak arrived during a three-week window from mid-January to early February. But research since then — including some done by the CDC — has suggested a small number of infections occurred earlier.

A CDC-led study published in December 2020 that analyzed 7,000 samples from American Red Cross blood donations suggested the virus infected some Americans as early as the middle of December 2019.

MORE ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
– 'A summer of freedom': Vaccine gives new meaning to July 4th
– UK fends off demands to give workers more virus support help
– California marks reopening with jackpots, Hollywood flair
The latest study, published Tuesday online by the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases, is by a team including researchers at the National Institutes of Health. They analyzed blood samples from more than 24,000 people across the country, collected in the first three months of 2020 as part of a long-term study called “All Of Us” that seeks to track 1 million Americans over years to study health.

Like the CDC study, these researchers looked for antibodies in the blood that are taken as evidence of coronavirus infection, and can be detected as early as two weeks after a person is first infected.

The researchers say seven study participants — three from Illinois, and one each from Massachusetts, Mississippi, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin — were infected earlier than any COVID-19 case was originally reported in those states.

ADVERTISEMENT

One of the Illinois cases was infected as early as Christmas Eve, said Keri Althoff, an a*sociate professor at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and the study’s lead author.

It can be difficult to distinguish antibodies that neutralize SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, from antibodies that f*ght other coronaviruses, including some that cause the common cold. Researchers in both the NIH and CDC studies used multiple types of tests to minimize false positive results, but some experts say it still is possible their 2019 positives were infections by other coronaviruses and not the pandemic strain.

“While it is entirely plausible that the virus was introduced into the United States much earlier than is usually appreciated, it does not mean that this is necessarily strong enough evidence to change how we’re thinking about this,” said William Hanage, a Harvard University expert on disease dynamics.

The NIH researchers have not followed up with study participants yet to see if any had traveled out of the U.S. prior to their infection. But they found it noteworthy that the seven did not live in or near New York City or Seattle, where the first wave of U.S. cases were concentrated.

“The question is how did, and where did, the virus take seed,” Althoff said. The new study indicates “it probably seeded in multiple places in our country,” she added.

I really want to know why there's been no updates on the spanish study image

Last edited by Aries; 06-16-2021 at 12:46 AM..
+7   

best
worst
98 comments

1 month ago '06        #2
Malcolm  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 12927 12 K  Slaps total: 1221 1 K
BX members should already know this because a few of our members had it back in November of 2019
+54   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '20        #3
I Know  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 4774 4 K  Slaps total: 4831 4 K
Top Chinese virologist denies Wuhan lab leak theory in rare interview

International scientists generally agree that the virus most likely had natural origins, possibly spreading from bats to humans through another unknown animal.

But many experts and governments have stressed the lab leak theory cannot be ruled out until China allows further investigation.

The theory has gained traction in recent weeks after a US intelligence report suggested three researchers from the WIV were hospitalised with flu-like symptoms a month before the first Covid-19 cases were reported.

Amid growing questions over the virus' origin, US president Joe Biden ordered his intelligence agencies to "redouble" their investigations into the origin of the pandemic.

Dr Shi denied the reports that three researchers from her institute had received hospital treatment in November 2019.

1 month ago '05        #4
hbk83 
Props total: 18904 18 K  Slaps total: 4131 4 K
I swear I had that sh*t October 2019
I had almost every symptom they been talking about , even woke up struggling to breath. Half the people at my work at the same fu*king issues. Drs kept telling everyone it was upper respiratory infection.
That sh*t was covid.
+38   

1 month ago '20        #5
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 35782 35 K  Slaps total: 6892 6 K
They said it was in November
+6   

1 month ago '16        #6
NoLvstName  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x25
Props total: 77967 77 K  Slaps total: 7628 7 K
I thought this was pretty known already
+19   

1 month ago '07        #7
Cambury  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 32870 32 K  Slaps total: 15305 15 K
Yup official story was BS my BM had a cough for a month, went in had flu symptoms and was negative.

If people find out the truth that alot more people had it before March it changes everything.

sh*t is a fraud and not as deadly at all.
+5   

1 month ago '11        #8
Tony Franks  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 22395 22 K  Slaps total: 2981 2 K
Covid-19, not 20
+10   

1 month ago '16        #9
B86 
Props total: 16356 16 K  Slaps total: 3440 3 K
There was an entire audio released from like November 2019 of Trump on the phone with somebody talking about the virus and how serious it is and how he didnt want to make people panic...
+3   

1 month ago '05        #10
D-Man0201  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 531 531  Slaps total: 15 15
 Malcolm said
BX members should already know this because a few of our members had it back in November of 2019
My entire family had that sh*t December 2019. The supposed "Flu B" put me on my a*s with a lower respiratory infection and near walking pneumonia and my 2 month old daughter at that time at the hospital with a crazy a*s fever. That sh*t was 1000% in the US idc what anyone says.
+9   

1 month ago '05        #11
Scorpz 
Props total: 51171 51 K  Slaps total: 4075 4 K
Holiday season of 2019 I got the sickest I ever been in my life.. everyone around me got sick as well.. and I caught Covid last Thanksgiving and sh*t hit me weak compared to whatever rocked me in 2019.. Covid had me sick for like a week but that 2019 sickness had me coughing up a lung for like a whole month.. anyone else got sick like this before Covid was ever even discovered?

Edit: I had 2018 before it was 2019..

Last edited by Scorpz; 06-15-2021 at 11:50 PM..
+10   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '20        #12
I Know  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 4774 4 K  Slaps total: 4831 4 K
 Scorpz said
Holiday season of 2018 I got the sickest I ever been in my life.. everyone around me got sick as well.. and I caught Covid last Thanksgiving and sh*t hit me weak compared to whatever rocked me in 2018.. Covid had me sick for like a week but that 2018 sickness had me coughing up a lung for like a whole month.. anyone else got sick like this before Covid was ever even discovered?

A whole year prior? With how contagious this virus is? Probably not.

September/ October of 2019 maybe June might be the furthest.

Starts in the wild then it has to make it to the city.

Maybe looking into if some of them scientists were out in the field in September might be a good lead.

Last edited by I Know; 06-15-2021 at 10:44 PM..
+2   

1 month ago '04        #13
biscuit 
Props total: 46645 46 K  Slaps total: 4240 4 K
 Malcolm said
I feel like I had it in Christmas 2019 but can't prove it.

3 days of feeling like complete trash. We been over this. It was out in 2019 for sure.
+10   

1 month ago '04        #14
MrNickNick 
Props total: 576 576  Slaps total: 124 124
I had the worst sickness ever for like 3 days first week of January 2020. It wasnt confirmed but i wouldnt doubt that it was covid.
+1   

1 month ago '18        #15
Capodecina  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 29178 29 K  Slaps total: 2128 2 K
sh*t is like a novel. Every day a new chapter, twist and reveal.

+2   

1 month ago '06        #16
Down-N-H-Town 
Props total: 1520 1 K  Slaps total: 139 139
That's exactly when we got sick. My wife, son, and myself were so sick during Christmas 2019, my son could barely open presents. We had to delay cooking for a week because we were stuck in the bed.
+3   

1 month ago '05        #17
HiRolliN 
Props total: 7031 7 K  Slaps total: 395 395
 hbk83 said
I swear I had that sh*t October 2019
I had almost every symptom they been talking about , even woke up struggling to breath. Half the people at my work at the same fu*king issues. Drs kept telling everyone it was upper respiratory infection.
That sh*t was covid.
My work site was like that at the end of 2019 alot of us were at work sick, and once the pandemic hit and shut everything down I was like fu*k we most likely had it and didn't even know it.
+4   

1 month ago '20        #18
PharoahSoul 
Props total: 2797 2 K  Slaps total: 338 338
In December 2019, I remember living in Harlem being sick and coughing up blood in the crib sick as hell…I was drinking henny straight for breakfast and just landed a new job with benefits at the time so I was optimistic and didn’t notice the bulls hit until
Covid hit
+4   

1 month ago '04        #19
nicoled985 
Props total: 9540 9 K  Slaps total: 859 859
 Malcolm said
I'm pretty sure I had it Dec 2019
+5   

1 month ago '13        #20
DiegoRivera  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 68285 68 K  Slaps total: 5012 5 K
 Malcolm said
I only get sick once a year and never REALLY sick

Nov 2019 I was REALLY sick
+7   

1 month ago '04        #21
Dash  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 87006 87 K  Slaps total: 6460 6 K
 Malcolm said

I DEFINITELY had covid before this shyt became some public thing

worst fukkin flu/cold i ever had ....
+2   

1 month ago '08        #22
Godsson777 
Props total: 1160 1 K  Slaps total: 126 126
I believe that sh*t i got real sick in December and I never get that bad..slept and hydrated up and I was good in about 3 or 4 days
+3   

1 month ago '18        #23
MC Gusto 
Props total: 10578 10 K  Slaps total: 1078 1 K
Before then

I know a few people (including myself) who got real sick around November/early December
+3   

1 month ago '06        #24
Storchaveli  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 23489 23 K  Slaps total: 5076 5 K
Yeah it was around before it was publicly recognized. The world should hold China accountable.
+5   

1 month ago '20        #25
Ball Man  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5115 5 K  Slaps total: 366 366
I remember the night after Christmas 2019 I got thrown in a holding cell for the night, got sick asf a couple days later...in my entire life I never felt sick like that... throat was tight, cold sweats, and my breathing felt "thick" in my lungs.

I always a*sumed I got the covid that day...but than again those holding cells see a lot of homeless folk so I could of just caught some superbug that was living and evolving in some dirty a*s motherfu*ker that was in the same cell at an earlier time...
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+84online now  31
Video inside Jul 26 - Full Video Released of Hunter Biden Smoking Crack 100% real
320 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+70online now  21
[Fat Loss] Lost more weight on keto than on my water fast
102 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+23online now  15
Video inside Corey holcomb and zo on chance the rappers wife