Jun 15 - FedEx To Test Self Driving Vehicles In Houston

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '20        #1
555 page views
19 comments

OrganizedChaos  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 2647 2 K  Slaps total: 87 87
Jun 15 - FedEx To Test Self Driving Vehicles In Houston

+1   

best
worst
19 comments

2 months ago '10        #2
lltreyll 
Props total: 4148 4 K  Slaps total: 1324 1 K
As a professional full time courier driver with over 5,000 deliveries completed through multiple companies...Autonomous delivery vehicles arent as sustainable, resilient or as effective as people like myself are. So companies can waste money on ridiculous sh*t like this in attempt to try and save money all they want, it still wont change the autonomous delivery vehicle pipedream ending in failure, wasted time, and pissed off customers...That's thorough experience and foresight talking. Something developers and investors of this doomed from the start autonomous delivery vehicle sh*t dont have.
+5   

2 months ago '10        #3
lltreyll 
I'd love to see an autonomous vehicle consistently find somewhere to park in any downtown area that's actually near the customer without breaking the law. I'd also like to know how the fu*k will they be able to stop damage, theft and fu*kery of the vehicles, because every (semi)autonomous robot on wheels thats been let loose in public always got vandalized, damaged and fu*ked with. And how exactly is a bundle of wires, circuitboards and sh*t on wheels going to be able to handle a wide variety of sudden changes involving traffic conditions, communication, comprehension and the ability to react effectively en route to and from a delivery....I can rattle off so many reasons why this autonomous delivery vehicle bullsh*t will fail...Whatever though. Let the armchair delivery drivers with little to no experience waste their money and time learning the hard way.

sh*t like that just reminds me of all the other things where people with little to no experience of doing something dream up some bullsh*t way to shoehorn in unessesary and impractical technology all in attempt to make sh*t cheaper for companies. But again, sometimes people and companies have to learn the difficult and expensive way.

As for this, all it would have took was anybody in charge of this autonomous delivery vehicle nonsense consulting and believing what any seasoned and experienced (commercial and independent) delivery driver had to say about what is actually involved and required to effectively deliver things to people and businesses..

Last edited by lltreyll; 06-15-2021 at 08:34 PM..
+2   

2 months ago '07        #4
Damagegadget  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 54854 54 K  Slaps total: 6894 6 K
They can’t fully replace Human Resources

But let’s consider the extinction of brick and mortar
And companies like Amazon, wish etc etc leading consumers to shop from home

So I imagine the need to keep up pace with a growing trend they may find it more convenient not to add new drivers but reroute existing and hand quote “simple tasks” to automated vehicles.. really as long as there are human drivers on the road there is no way these become fedex trucks
+1   

2 months ago '10        #5
chorizoburger 
Props total: 5654 5 K  Slaps total: 1709 1 K
zero chance a robot truck is anything close to as effective and efficient as these fedex and ups drivers are pushed to be
+1   

2 months ago '19        #6
Free my soul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 17499 17 K  Slaps total: 6646 6 K
But nah this sh*t ain't gonna work at all

Last edited by Free my soul; 06-16-2021 at 01:46 AM..
+1   

2 months ago '19        #7
GetYaCoinsKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 44248 44 K  Slaps total: 7817 7 K
 lltreyll said
I'd love to see an autonomous vehicle consistently find somewhere to park in any downtown area that's actually near the customer without breaking the law. I'd also like to know how the fu*k will they be able to stop damage, theft and fu*kery of the vehicles, because every (semi)autonomous robot on wheels thats been let loose in public always got vandalized, damaged and fu*ked with. And how exactly is a bundle of wires, circuitboards and sh*t on wheels going to be able to handle a wide variety of sudden changes involving traffic conditions, communication, comprehension and the ability to react effectively en route to and from a delivery....I can rattle off so many reasons why this autonomous delivery vehicle bullsh*t will fail...Whatever though. Let the armchair delivery drivers with little to no experience waste their money and time learning the hard way.

sh*t like that just reminds me of all the other things where people with little to no experience of doing something dream up some bullsh*t way to shoehorn in unessesary and impractical technology all in attempt to make sh*t cheaper for companies. But again, sometimes people and companies have to learn the difficult and expensive way.

As for this, all it would have took was anybody in charge of this autonomous delivery vehicle nonsense consulting and believing what any seasoned and experienced (commercial and independent) delivery driver had to say about what is actually involved and required to effectively deliver things to people and businesses..
If you look at other places besides your community you will understand why this is very achievable, In Vegas for example 90% of homes are in HOA neighborhoods i'm talking communities in which all homes share a similar layout; It would be extremely easy using existing technology for the autonomous vehicles + delivery bot to follow a sidewalk, deliver the package and send a text message w/ photo and there are enough cameras and surveillance that no one will fu*k with it.

I could personally see autonomous/AI displacing many workers in the AZ/NV region purely based on the southwestern home building style and the large amount of community builds.
+2   

2 months ago '16        #8
HugheStone 
Props total: 13092 13 K  Slaps total: 3029 3 K
People from all race, color, and creed, are going be jacking them motherfu*king things.
+4   

2 months ago '20        #9
thatfrenchguy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 5997 5 K  Slaps total: 2954 2 K
 lltreyll said

don't worry partner, i gotchu

im going to make sure this sh*t fails
+1   

2 months ago '10        #10
lltreyll 
 GetYaCoinsKing said
If you look at other places besides your community you will understand why this is very achievable, In Vegas for example 90% of homes are in HOA neighborhoods i'm talking communities in which all homes share a similar layout; It would be extremely easy using existing technology for the autonomous vehicles + delivery bot to follow a sidewalk, deliver the package and send a text message w/ photo and there are enough cameras and surveillance that no one will fu*k with it.

I could personally see autonomous/AI displacing many workers in the AZ/NV region purely based on the southwestern home building style and the large amount of community builds.
Things that have been out there for years like the starship or kiwibot delivery robots have encountered people kicking and fu*king with them and even catching fire in Cali. They can clog up sidewalks, especially for people in wheelchairs or with baby strollers and sh*t. And they arent fully autonomous and still need people monitoring and following them. Snow and unshoveled sidewalks will completely stop them and the service. Store and restaurant fees are often thought to be too expensive. There are many reasons why the most these delivery robots will ever be is a supplemental and optional means of delivery in very small areas anywhere.

2 months ago '10        #11
lltreyll 
 thatfrenchguy said
don't worry partner, i gotchu

im going to make sure this sh*t fails
over the years delivery drivers and truck drivers have been hearing about how we all are going to be overtaken by autonomous vehicles. That wont happen though. Them things being used here and there are the most that will happen. I'm all for it. I just think its ridiculous that companies are foolish enough to believe any autonomous delivery vehicle will amount to more than that.

Last edited by lltreyll; 06-16-2021 at 05:48 AM..

2 months ago '08        #12
Diamond_V  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 10040 10 K  Slaps total: 3505 3 K
Good fukking fed ex won’t drop in my neighborhood because it’s new. Lying sh!t keep saying he was stoping by but no one was home. I looked at the time he said he came and the whole day on my camera he wasn’t even in my area. So I had to take off just to go get my package.

2 months ago '10        #13
lltreyll 
 Diamond_V said
Good fukking fed ex won’t drop in my neighborhood because it’s new. Lying sh!t keep saying he was stoping by but no one was home. I looked at the time he said he came and the whole day on my camera he wasn’t even in my area. So I had to take off just to go get my package.
Yea It is a bit of a mystery why their estimated delivery time is still a whole damn work shift spanning several hours, and how hit and miss the drivers are said to be all over. It's also rare for Fed Ex, UPS and Amazon drivers to have keys or access codes to apartment buildings, mail rooms and sh*t too. USPS never has that problem though.

2 months ago '11        #14
awww  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 49675 49 K  Slaps total: 36984 36 K
n*ggas gone be robbing these cars left to right all these drivers of freight gonna be pissed off when all these self driving cars start being introduced lol. All my homies getting into trucking bragging about how much they make, my homie brag to every other day man I make so much money telling me he make this much every year. it’s gonna be so cray when they a*s out of the job

And for the stupid n*ggas talking bout it unacheveable you must be mistaken how advanced this AI is now the have plenty of AI Shět being worked on daily a computer will learn and adapt to every road conditions and share with the other cars the information it will be a constant communication. Y’all gonna be out of the job stop crying and find something else to do besides driving a fu*king truck innovate yourselves

Last edited by awww; 06-16-2021 at 09:45 AM..

2 months ago '09        #15
59fifty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 42947 42 K  Slaps total: 8029 8 K
n*gga I’m running that sh*t into a ditch and taking all you n*ggas packages
+2   

2 months ago '20        #16
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 36465 36 K  Slaps total: 7010 7 K
Will the sticky finger community target these vehicles ?

2 months ago '08        #17
Skilly713 
Props total: 23043 23 K  Slaps total: 1666 1 K
We already drive crazy as hell and got road rage don't want

2 months ago '17        #18
yousabitch 
Props total: 18176 18 K  Slaps total: 4943 4 K
People need to start boycotting this automation stealing jobs from people. I ll wait in line at Walmart 30 mins for the cashier before I do the self check out. Mofo hire more cashiers I don’t work for you

2 months ago '15        #19
Hellmatic 
Props total: 42270 42 K  Slaps total: 4306 4 K
 Diamond_V said
I hate when they do that sh*t bruh. And then you go to the post office or the delivery spot/call and they dont be believing you. With the post office this one guy sent my sh*t to a similar address a block away, he insisted that he sent it to mine. Landlord won't let me check the cameras. I was lucky enough that the person there walked to my location both times and sent it here, it happened the other way around too. You be there waiting and the sh*t never gets to your spot..
+1   

2 months ago '15        #20
Hellmatic 
Props total: 42270 42 K  Slaps total: 4306 4 K
also if they ever do these I hope theres an option to not have them drop it off by a self driving car. I would have to demand the delivery person to use another carrier just in case cause there's too much sh*t that can go wrong with that

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+175online now  25
Video inside The Moment When THE Versuz Swung to THE L.O.X
140 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+209online now  23
Rapper Jadakiss Arrested On murder Charges
109 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+61online now  16
Video inside Sheek Louch Says DIPSET Is P*SSY & CAMRON Almost GOT PACKED OUT By Ruff..
186 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+40online now  16
Dr. Dre's eldest daughter, 38, reveals she's homeless
308 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy