Godfather 2 - How did Michael know it was Hyman Roth?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 months ago '17        #1
1701 page views
32 comments

Rich130  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 22399 22 K  Slaps total: 2049 2 K
Godfather 2 - How did Michael know it was Hyman Roth?

Last edited by Rich130; 06-14-2021 at 07:23 AM..
+12   

best
worst
32 comments

2 months ago '04        #2
KREW 
Props total: 6455 6 K  Slaps total: 308 308
Process of elimination
+13   

2 months ago '06        #3
DonYBE 
Props total: 19143 19 K  Slaps total: 1858 1 K
The REAL question is does everyone consider Michael Corleone a tragic hero, tragic villain, or sympathetic villain?

+14   

2 months ago '11        #4
dymablink  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 13924 13 K  Slaps total: 3818 3 K
 DonYBE said
The REAL question is does everyone consider Michael Corleone a tragic hero, tragic villain, or sympathetic villain?

A product of his environment
+28   

2 months ago '10        #5
t from the 617 
Props total: 24852 24 K  Slaps total: 784 784
 DonYBE said

i'd say tragic villain.. he didn't want to join that life, but relished in it once he got his footing.. it's tragic how he got to that point but there's no question he becomes an evil dude.
+14   

2 months ago '19        #6
Youngstownohio 
Props total: 5141 5 K  Slaps total: 394 394
 t from the 617 said
i'd say tragic villain.. he didn't want to join that life, but relished in it once he got his footing.. it's tragic how he got to that point but there's no question he becomes an evil dude.
You know what people always miss tho is when he went to see his pops and Enzo came and they had to act like they was gangstas... remember when Enzo was too scared to light his smoke, Michael took the lighter lit it and looked at his hands. It was THAT moment he knew he wasn't afraid of this life and that moment. That scene to me is bigger than Louis in the Bronx scene(killed the Turk)
+26   

2 months ago '19        #7
Playboi23  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 4618 4 K  Slaps total: 392 392
Wtf I just watched this sh*t 2 days ago lol.
+2   

2 months ago '19        #8
Youngstownohio 
Props total: 5141 5 K  Slaps total: 394 394
 KREW said
Process of elimination
He kinda guessed too...he knew only family knew where his bedroom was AND the drapes were open...once Fredo said he didn't know Johnny Ola but slipped up and said he knew Johnny and he used to take him to this club THEN he knew for sure...but remember in the beginning it was between him and Frank Pantangelli
+16   

2 months ago '17        #9
Rich130  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
Props total: 22399 22 K  Slaps total: 2049 2 K
 DonYBE said

By the end of the movie I simply consider him the

Capo Di Tutti Capi

+6   

2 months ago '15        #10
gaapplewood 
Props total: 6694 6 K  Slaps total: 573 573
 DonYBE said

Tragic Villain

He made a choice to survive his conditions
+1   

2 months ago '08        #11
buck_marley 
Props total: 1024 1 K  Slaps total: 340 340
GOAT movie. i still find it odd how al pacinos voice changed through the years. Obviously as we get older our voice changes, but his night and day difference.
+12   

2 months ago '14        #12
worldwide202  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 20193 20 K  Slaps total: 3406 3 K
 buck_marley said
GOAT movie. i still find it odd how al pacinos voice changed through the years. Obviously as we get older our voice changes, but his night and day difference.
Cigarettes
+8   

2 months ago '05        #13
Se7en Six 76 
Props total: 3746 3 K  Slaps total: 187 187
 buck_marley said
Notorious chain smoker till this day I believe
+7   

2 months ago '17        #14
Madmike 
Props total: 2628 2 K  Slaps total: 147 147
 t from the 617 said
Yes. He didn't want to be in that life. He was forced too after seeing how vulnerable his father was in the aftermath of the shooting. The murders of his 1st wife and brother sealed the deal. If his brother doesnt get k*lled he probably settles down to the life Don Corleone wanted for him.
+4   

2 months ago '05        #15
JohnnyCage202  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 72875 72 K  Slaps total: 3152 3 K
 DonYBE said

Pt. 1 he was “tragic hero” - you even felt bad for his wife in Sicily...

...after slumpin’ his brother in Pt. 2 he was just “villain” in my book - no redeeming qualities.

Same with Franklin in “Snowfall” (which is definitely modeled after Michael Corleone in many ways), you even felt bad for him seein Mel rocked out - and I can even understand k*llin Mel’s father - but after slimin’ his own Pop, it was “fu*k that n*gga” in my book, no redeeming qualities...

GF2 is tied wit BoyzNTheHood as my favorite movie off all time tho...

...even as a scumbag Michael is still one of my favorite characters of all time.
+3   

2 months ago '15        #16
Hellmatic 
Props total: 42270 42 K  Slaps total: 4306 4 K
 t from the 617 said
Its been a while but doesnt he volunteer for the hit in the restaurant and initially they were like "nah you ain't ready" when he said he could take the mantle?
+3   

2 months ago '15        #17
Hellmatic 
Props total: 42270 42 K  Slaps total: 4306 4 K
 buck_marley said
Helped his career imo. Raspy voice Pacino is iconic
+5   

2 months ago '21        #18
RagnarRogers225 
Props total: 5947 5 K  Slaps total: 1083 1 K
He had no choice but k*ll Fredo his brother made his bed he was too weak and stupid it’s a shame that mike take more blame for k*lling his weak a*s even tho his brother almost had him k*lled for being a fu*kin idiot
+7   

2 months ago '16        #19
Onetrubeing816 
Props total: 6304 6 K  Slaps total: 1097 1 K
Damn I figured this out first time I watched it when. I was a child .....you kats wouldn't have made it .....
+1   

2 months ago '18        #20
Therkiteckt 
Props total: 1820 1 K  Slaps total: 150 150
 DonYBE said

The answer is yes.

He’sa tragic hero who lost his wife his brothers his Dad all to his destiny to be a villain. He’s Tragic villain because he didn’t want any of this. He had a legacy and a name to cement. Him living with what has to be done... the family business and its consequences Made him sympathetic in the end.
+3   

2 months ago '19        #21
ym7171yea  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 12329 12 K  Slaps total: 2559 2 K
 Se7en Six 76 said
Notorious chain smoker till this day I believe
That's probably what happened to his hair too

2 months ago '04        #22
eazyvaboy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 41862 41 K  Slaps total: 1858 1 K
 KREW said
Process of elimination
This

Remember it starts with us learning when the film begins, that the Mike and his family were expanding in Vegas. Remember, Johnny Ola said Roth said it would be okay but this is obviously not something Roth would have been okay with so it doesn't make sense off jump.

Next. Pentangeli is having problems with the Rosato Brothers. The movie made sure to stress that the Rosatos only dare f*ck with Pentangeli because they’re backed by Hyman Roth. Michael won’t give Pentangeli permission to hitem up because of the future business plans with Hyman Roth. Michael and Pentangeli have words because Pentangeli is hot-blooded but Micheal is just testing sh!t out at this point.

Afterwards, someone tries to murder Michael and Kay in their home. Well Michael has to figure out who has the motive, means and opportunity.

The obvious suspect is Pentangeli but Michael looked him in the eyes and confirms that although Pentangeli might be annoyed with him, he is still loyal.
Plus, Pentangeli hates Roth.

It can’t be Tom.

It could be Rocco or Al. But Michael hasn’t done f*ck with Rocco or Al. They have nothing to gain with Michael’s death.

Michael has done something to harm Roth. He murdered Roth’s best friend (Moe Green). Remember Roth gave that long speech about how he didn't ask questions when Moe came up dead? Plus, he had been moving in on Roth’s interests in the US and abroad. This is taking money out of Roth’s pocket.

So then you have Roth acting innocent but obviously backing the Rosatos in their low level revolt against Pentangeli (which is by extension revolting against Michael) . So Roth is the only player who has the power and the motive to move against Michael.

Michael confirms all of this when he meets Roth in Miami and Roth does his “I’m a kindly old man” song and dance routine. And Roth just happens to invite Michael to Cuba, which is the same move that Tessio tried (“Come meet in Brooklyn. On my territory”) with Michael.

This is not even mentioning the Fredo sh!t when he originally acted like he didn't know Johnny Ola.

Last edited by eazyvaboy; 06-14-2021 at 06:05 PM..
+7   

2 months ago '18        #23
S-Class 
Props total: 82052 82 K  Slaps total: 7806 7 K
 DonYBE said

Tragic hero

2 months ago '16        #24
3LIT3 
Props total: 2565 2 K  Slaps total: 348 348
 DonYBE said

Depends on how you look at life, but all three.

2 months ago '16        #25
3LIT3 
Props total: 2565 2 K  Slaps total: 348 348
Did anyone notice that the play in part one was acted at at the end of the movie in part three?
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+175online now  18
Video inside The Moment When THE Versuz Swung to THE L.O.X
140 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+211online now  14
Rapper Jadakiss Arrested On murder Charges
109 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+62online now  11
Video inside Sheek Louch Says DIPSET Is P*SSY & CAMRON Almost GOT PACKED OUT By Ruff..
186 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+40online now  8
Dr. Dre's eldest daughter, 38, reveals she's homeless
310 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy