online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

What's with the black community and magic mushrooms

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section Misc & Hot Takes

3 years ago '11        #1
4254 page views
130 comments

default28 
Props total: 2119 2 K  Slaps total: 784 784
What's with the black community and magic mushrooms

bx,

Mushrooms been around for some time. As far as I know, it came about in the 70s when people was listenin to the beatles and sh1t, but black people was listenin to the blues and just getting into coke and what not.
It was.. and still, seen as this party drug or white people thing, but little by little it's being introduced in therapy and in the mental health field (google/youtube: microdosing psilocybin). In my opinion (i may be wrong and ignorant,) the black community is mentally ill to some extent. The fear of the police; that tough guy front; promiscuity and fatherless kids; priority when it comes to money... im guilty to some of these things as a negro, im not perfect, but psychedelics helped me understand things, a bigger picture. Back to the topic, nowadays, people are so quick to pop pills and do harder drugs, but mushrooms are just as natural as weed. So what's the deal?

lets discuss

icon
best
icon
worst
130 comments

3 years ago '12        #2
Legit Jones 
Props total: 26461 26 K  Slaps total: 1226 1 K
 default28 said 🔗
bx,

Mushrooms been around for some time. As far as I know, it came about in the 70s when people was listenin to the beatles and sh1t, but black people was listenin to the blues and just getting into coke and what not.
It was.. and still, seen as this party drug or white people thing, but little by little it's being introduced in therapy and in the mental health field (google/youtube: microdosing psilocybin). In my opinion (i may be wrong and ignorant,) the black community is mentally ill to some extent. The fear of the police; that tough guy front; promiscuity and fatherless kids; priority when it comes to money... im guilty to some of these things as a negro, im not perfect, but psychedelics helped me understand things, a bigger picture. Back to the topic, nowadays, people are so quick to pop pills and do harder drugs, but mushrooms are just as natural as weed. So what's the deal?

lets discuss
I been looking into shrooms for a couple of years now. just passively learning about them and getting a stronger understanding about what they are and how they work. As of lately Im becoming more serious about trying them. I feel as though I would benefit tremendously for the use of them. My only concerns are about getting something legit which makes me wanna grow my own which I feel I will end up starting before the year is out. I got a shop imma check out tomorrow and if they’re legit and got something for me i’ll be tripping sometime shortly after.
+18   

3 years ago '14        #3
King Maximus 
Props total: 9298 9 K  Slaps total: 874 874
My first shroom experience was amazing. Powerful and profound.

Will do again.

Not a recreational thing either, IMO.
Too powerful for that.
+29   

3 years ago '15        #4
Black Larry 
Props total: 28143 28 K  Slaps total: 2313 2 K
OP I know a few other black ppl into shrooms. The thing is. It's not really promoted. The black ppl I know that use hard drugs more than likely got it from hanging out with white ppl probably from college. Shrooms is a heavy psychedelic that really shouldn't be taken lightly. Introducing to microdosing would help but a bad trip can have you fcked up and never wanna touch it again. I personally wouldn't want to promote any drugs in our community. But in my circles I don't really hang with anybody that does pills really. We shun those ppl for the most part. I wouldn't be a OG if I didn't. I already know the outcome
+19   

3 years ago '15        #5
The South 
Props total: 41615 41 K  Slaps total: 5255 5 K
This man just said shrooms was made and is for white people.
emoji
+18   

3 years ago '12        #6
Legit Jones 
Got mines delivered today. Planning to trip on Saturday with a light 1.5g

Ok edit: im not the plug, i ordered from a service here in DC and heres the link to them. They will only deliver here in DC and that’s after you text them and verify yourself with your Id.

↪🔗

Also check out this discord if you want some info on growing yourself
↪🔗

Last edited by Legit Jones; 06-14-2021 at 08:55 AM..
+24   

3 years ago '16        #7
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x60
Props total: 135130 135 K  Slaps total: 27534 27 K
Give a pound of them Jesus mushrooms. About to go off erf.

+2   

3 years ago '04        #8
marcchrome  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 59214 59 K  Slaps total: 8513 8 K
 King Maximus said 🔗
My first shroom experience was amazing. Powerful and profound.

Will do again.

Not a recreational thing either, IMO.
Too powerful for that.

Try microdosing...
+9   

3 years ago '04        #9
marcchrome  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 59214 59 K  Slaps total: 8513 8 K
 Black Larry said 🔗
OP I know a few other black ppl into shrooms. The thing is. It's not really promoted. The black ppl I know that use hard drugs more than likely got it from hanging out with white ppl probably from college. Shrooms is a heavy psychedelic that really shouldn't be taken lightly. Introducing to microdosing would help but a bad trip can have you fcked up and never wanna touch it again. I personally wouldn't want to promote any drugs in our community. But in my circles I don't really hang with anybody that does pills really. We shun those ppl for the most part. I wouldn't be a OG if I didn't. I already know the outcome

I can tell u are new to this...shrooms are not a white people thing..... there is an entire sub culture out there that spans decades of people of every race, color, and creed that dose or experiment with magic mushrooms....... I am black and latino and have been dosing for over 20 years....... do the history bro... Hendrix, Lenny Kravitz, etc...are all part of that culture..
+25   

3 years ago '19        #10
GetYaCoinsKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 78409 78 K  Slaps total: 12725 12 K
 Legit Jones said 🔗
Got mines delivered today. Planning to trip on Saturday with a light 1.5g

Ay where you get those from? onion?
+2   

3 years ago '12        #11
Legit Jones 
 GetYaCoinsKing said 🔗
Ay where you get those from? onion?
Where you live? They’re *decriminalized in DC so i found a delivery service out here. Dropped em off right at my stoop.

Last edited by Legit Jones; 06-14-2021 at 10:21 AM..
+7   

3 years ago '16        #12
DonLimpio 
Props total: 7555 7 K  Slaps total: 571 571
The responses in here are great. The best thing is to do research if you're considering taking psychedelics cause you really need to understand dosages and what to expect from them. I would never suggest anyone take it without knowing what they're getting in to.
I wouldn't call shrooms a party drug at all, but if youre experienced with them and set the right intention you could take a responsible amount in different settings.

I think every community can benefit from this. We need to be responsible and mature about it is all.
+4   

3 years ago '05        #13
freshtoodef 
Props total: 17675 17 K  Slaps total: 741 741
I’m black been taking shrooms for years now. I like them I rather do shrooms than any pharmaceuticals. Most I ever did at one time was 8 grams in my tea and then ate another 5 grams, sh1t had me in another world lol
+13   

3 years ago '21        #14
pikadadon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 12815 12 K  Slaps total: 4676 4 K
You can't get addicted to magic mushrooms so that's why it's not promoted to black people. Record labels are indirectly funded by drug cartels so they always try to get their rappers to push certain drugs to the black community.
+21   

3 years ago '16        #15
Boogersugar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 124201 124 K  Slaps total: 19018 19 K
 Black Larry said 🔗
When I first read OP I was like wtf everyone I know who has tried shrooms had positive things to say including myself and every black person I know that has tried them

emoji

Then I got to the bolded you calling out me and all my n1ggas from school

emoji

emoji
+5   

3 years ago '05        #16
B.S. Writer 
Props total: 11549 11 K  Slaps total: 436 436
Gotta oz of shrooms. Trying find a good day to do a cut.
+2   

3 years ago '15        #17
Tripsev 
Props total: 12785 12 K  Slaps total: 5660 5 K
 default28 said 🔗
bx,

lets discuss
Bro. Mushrooms been around since the beginning of humanity. There is a theory out that we developed our consciousness from early humans eating mushrooms they found walking across the plains as nomads. I highly recommend you eat some shrooms. Start with a little bit. Maybe a gram or two. Try to eat clean the day of and maybe before too. The more natural your state the better. Get ready to look at life through a whole different way more beautiful lens. If you have a “bad trip”, lean into it. Don’t fight it or try and control it. Let go. Feel your ego melt away and enjoy the most humbling 6 hours or so of your life.
+15   

3 years ago '05        #18
Sizzler01  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 27957 27 K  Slaps total: 8475 8 K
grow your own. fu#k paying those prices... if you don't know where to get them. invest in yourself and learn to grow them. it's easy!!!
+7   

3 years ago '20        #19
MeNoSenYouNoCom  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 37831 37 K  Slaps total: 4122 4 K
 default28 said 🔗
bx,

emoji
fu#k is you talking bout
emoji
+13   

3 years ago '21        #20
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 41419 41 K  Slaps total: 11870 11 K
Black. ? It’s more of a white opera on thing
+1   

3 years ago '18        #21
Turfaholic3 
Props total: 17443 17 K  Slaps total: 2476 2 K
Crazy this thread popped up. Tried shrooms for the first time Friday night. Lol. I was eating them sh1t like "they not doing nothing". 2am I'm outside looking at the world in amazement. I live like 15 minutes away from the Las Vegas strip. I can't see it directly from my place, but I can see the light pollution. I swear the lights beaming from the strip looked like waves of color dancing in the sky. Im hooked. I gotta find my own plug though.
+10   

3 years ago '14        #22
Nemohoes95 
Props total: 27751 27 K  Slaps total: 2985 2 K
Took acid had a wild trip. Turned down shrooms the other day because I wasn’t sure if I was in the right head space. Soon do shrooms though.
+3   

3 years ago '10        #23
DeathStar 
Props total: 22777 22 K  Slaps total: 916 916
Ate shrooms a couple times in college, It was a cool experience.

The one thing I didn’t t like was eventually i was ready for the trip to end so i could go to sleep but it kept going for a few more hours.
+7   

3 years ago '10        #24
M2CEO  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 20389 20 K  Slaps total: 3408 3 K
 default28 said 🔗
bx,

lets discuss
slapped for disquising as a black person on BX. Go back to stormfront.

all these things mentioned happen in every race regardless of what you may think.

you can tell right away the people who have traveled the world and experienced how black people are well respected in other countries, more so than America.

I can tell you have not been outside of the northern american continent.

fduck you and fduck your logic!
+17   

3 years ago '18        #25
Pot Astronaut 
Props total: 1800 1 K  Slaps total: 106 106
Shrooms are my favorite drug - weed is obviously #1 but you can't do shrooms every day (well you can microdose but I like full doses and you cant really do that every day).

That being said - I know ton of people who do shrooms and even grow them who are minorities such as myself in NYC.
+7   

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+8212
Image(s) inside Damn she living like that
125 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
logo 🌈⏸️ SHE-Wade confirms he's been a BATTYMON 💅 ..
41 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
props-267
Image(s) inside The difference between a 30 year old in the 80s vs 2024
35 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+346
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career