Avalanche's 'Contraband' is an Action-Packed Heist 'em Up (Xbox Exclusive)

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

1 month ago '05        #1
349 page views
5 comments

Krazie 
Props total: 39670 39 K  Slaps total: 5720 5 K
Avalanche's 'Contraband' is an Action-Packed Heist 'em Up (Xbox Exclusive)

At E3 2021, Avalanche revealed their rumored "Project Typhoon" title, as part of an exclusive collaboration with Xbox. Contraband is an action-packed heist 'em up, where teams of up to four players plan out and execute smuggling runs across a fictional island off the South Asian coast.

Described internally as an "action-packed, fun and spectacular smugglers sandbox game," Contraband takes familiar elements from the likes of Sea of Thieves, and mixes it with some Avalanche sandbox explosiveness. Gadgets, guns, vehicles, both on and off-land are all crucial to a successful smuggling run, and players will be able to build up teams with other players in online social hubs.

Although some gameplay elements may have changed since, internal documents I've received previously describe guns as a last resort, however, both for you and enemies. This is a game all about theft and smuggling, and blowing up your vehicles will destroy your stolen goods — which is not exactly what the military and enemy gangs want. They will instead attempt to shunt you off the road, using Avalanche's excellent vehicular combat prowess, prevalent in RAGE 2 and Mad Max. When enemies use weapons, it's more often to do with creating roadblocks for the player, such as setting up checkpoints and shooting out tires.

Contraband is described as "vehicle-first" in previous information I received, which describes your vehicle as being akin to Tony Stark's Iron Man suit. Your vehicle is your most important tool, both offensively and defensively, packing a wealth of utility as you plan and execute smuggling runs. As a service game, GAME NAME will evolve with new features and challenges to keep the gameplay loop fresh over time.

Given Microsoft's success with Sea of Thieves, it's not a huge surprise they would try something similar in a different flavor. Despite its service-game features, Contraband also has a single-player story campaign, that revolves around taking down a corrupt dynasty known as The Vong.

And like all Xbox games, expect Contraband to drop straight into Xbox Game Pass when it finally launches.
visit this link https://www.windowscentra .. mpression=true

+9   

best
worst
5 comments

1 month ago '20        #2
D1dnt read 
Props total: 21535 21 K  Slaps total: 5208 5 K
most useless trailer shown with zero info given

1 month ago '05        #3
Krazie  OP
Props total: 39670 39 K  Slaps total: 5720 5 K
 D1dnt read said
Info is in the above article.

It's time you learn to read motherfu*ker.
+1   

1 month ago '06        #4
Kingme 
Props total: 19613 19 K  Slaps total: 3501 3 K
This team created Just Cause, Mad Max, and Rage 2.

I can't for this to drop. Heard it takes place in the 70s so the weapons and cars should be pretty grounded
+5   

1 month ago '20        #5
D1dnt read 
Props total: 21535 21 K  Slaps total: 5208 5 K
 Krazie said
Info is in the above article.

It's time you learn to read motherfu*ker.

I meant during the conference

1 month ago '07        #6
link04 
Props total: 7273 7 K  Slaps total: 1132 1 K
 D1dnt read said
Same dev that made Just Cause. Pretty much all I needed to hear

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+84online now  28
Video inside Jul 26 - Full Video Released of Hunter Biden Smoking Crack 100% real
325 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+70online now  17
[Fat Loss] Lost more weight on keto than on my water fast
103 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+47online now  15
Video inside Tory Lanez at it again smfh steals Est Gee flow