Kevin Hart Speaks Out On Cancel Culture: "I Personally Don't Give A Sh*t..."

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

2 months ago '07        #1
1892 page views
60 comments

Avon_Barksdale  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x105
Props total: 230573 230 K  Slaps total: 20862 20 K
Kevin Hart Speaks Out On Cancel Culture: "I Personally Don't Give A Sh*t..."

...Kevin Hart speaks out on cancel culture: 'When did we get to a point where life was supposed to be perfect?'

According to Kevin Hart, he "personally [doesn't] give a s***" about so-called cancel culture — but he certainly has a lot to say on the matter.

The comedian and star of the upcoming Netflix film Fatherhood, who weathered his own backlash after old homophobic jokes resurfaced and resulted in him stepping down from his Oscars hosting gig in 2019, spoke out about internet outrage in a raw new interview with the Sunday Times.

"If somebody has done something truly damaging then, absolutely, a consequence should be attached," Hart told the U.K. newspaper.

"But when you just talk about… nonsense? When you’re talking, ‘Someone said! They need to be taken [down]!’ Shut the f*** up! What are you talking about?

“When did we get to a point where life was supposed to be perfect?" the Get Hard star continued. "Where people were supposed to operate perfectly all the time? I don’t understand.

I don’t expect perfection from my kids. I don’t expect it from my wife, friends, employees. Because, last I checked, the only way you grow up is from f***ing up. I don’t know a kid who hasn’t f***ed up or done some dumb sh*t.”
The 41-year-old touched on his own controversies, saying he didn't let the backlash affect him. He went on to argue that those who do make mistakes be given the opportunity to learn, grow and move on.

“I’ve been canceled, what, three or four times? Never bothered," he said.

"If you allow it to have an effect on you, it will. Personally? That’s not how I operate.

"I understand people are human," he added. "Everyone can change. It’s like jail. People get locked up so they can be taught a lesson. When they get out, they are supposed to be better.

But if they come out and people go, ‘I’m not giving you a job because you were in jail’ — then what the f*** did I go to jail for? That was my punishment — how do you not give those people a shot? They’re saying that all life should be over because of a mistake?

Your life should end and there should be no opportunity to change? What are you talking about? And who are you to make that decision?”
According to Hart, comedians like himself are holding themselves back for fear of running afoul of a sensitive climate.

“You’re thinking that things you say will come back and bite you on the a*s," he said of censoring his material. "I can’t be the comic today that I was when I got into this.”
He later clarified that ruffling feathers with an off-color joke is "not necessarily about cancel culture, it’s backlash.

"It’s about the intent behind what you say — there’s an a*sumption it’s always bad and, somehow, we forgot comedians are going for the laugh.

You’re not saying something to make people angry. That’s not why I’m on stage. I’m trying to make you laugh and if I did not make you laugh I failed. That’s my consequence.”
Ultimately, Hart feels that society should be able to have disagreement without division or backlash.

"If there’s a message to take from anything I’ve said, it’s that in this world of opinion, it’s OK to just disagree," he told the paper.

"It’s OK to not like what someone did and to say that person wasn’t for me. We are so caught up in everybody feeling like they have to be right and their way is the only way. Politics is f***ed up because, if you don’t choose our side, you’re dumb.

“It’s a divide. It’s f***ed up. But I’m not about to divide. I don’t support the divide! I put everybody in the f***ing building. We all come into this building Kevin Hart is in and we all laugh. I bring people together — like it or not.”
The father of four also addressed the controversy surrounding his Oscars announcement and his past jokes about the LGBTQ community.

"If people want to pull up stuff, go back to the same tweets of old, go ahead," he said. "There is nothing I can do. You’re looking at a younger version of myself.

A comedian trying to be funny and, at that attempt, failing. Apologies were made. I understand now how it comes off. I look back and cringe. So it’s growth. It’s about growth.”

visit this link https://www.yahoo.com/ent .. 180633403.html
+8   

best
worst
60 comments

2 months ago '17        #2
Almighty HA 
Props total: 21121 21 K  Slaps total: 989 989
No lies spoken.
+3   

2 months ago '10        #3
Nautilus O  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 75787 75 K  Slaps total: 16638 16 K
He sure did apologize like he cares

+33   

2 months ago '21        #4
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 10665 10 K  Slaps total: 2794 2 K
 Nautilus O said

Exactly
+5   

2 months ago '16        #5
FreeloadinRusty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 17127 17 K  Slaps total: 1637 1 K
Yet he tried JOE BUDDEN like a month ago.
+5   

2 months ago '13        #6
diamondsxmoney 
Props total: 20000 20 K  Slaps total: 879 879
 Nautilus O said

I was about to say didnít this n*gga apologize about some sh*t years ago lol.
+5   

2 months ago '19        #7
zzxxccvvbb 
Props total: 26186 26 K  Slaps total: 3384 3 K
 Nautilus O said

Pretty sure he worked for Sony again after they called him a sellout in emails.

Can't expect much else from dude
+5   

2 months ago '14        #8
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 146393 146 K  Slaps total: 33815 33 K
Katt williams said something excellent about cancel culture on the joe budden podcast

Who has society canceled that didn't need to be canceled??

There is out of bounds in basketball for a reason

Katt williams is a hundred times smarter than Kevin

+11   

2 months ago '18        #9
MayneThaTruth2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 14927 14 K  Slaps total: 11848 11 K
 Nautilus O said

No he didnt. He pulled out of the hosting gig, then Ellen was on TV supporting him and calling his detractors "trolls". She turned on gay folk for him.
+3   

2 months ago '15        #10
He Hate Me 
Props total: 41838 41 K  Slaps total: 3830 3 K
 diamondsxmoney said
I was about to say didnít this n*gga apologize about some sh*t years ago lol.
He didnít which is why he dropped boating the Oscar he literally went to a press run why he refuse to apologize for sh*t he learned from and apologized for years ago.
+3   

2 months ago '14        #11
OfficialJihad 
Props total: 3013 3 K  Slaps total: 477 477
 Nautilus O said

I came to say this. He gave a sh*t about them decade old tweets.
+3   

2 months ago '19        #12
Purpleswag23  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 16407 16 K  Slaps total: 2607 2 K
Kevin hart is way too mainstream to say fu*k cancel kulture lol. He’s like g rated Dave Chappell
+1   

2 months ago '16        #13
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 84325 84 K  Slaps total: 9132 9 K
Why is he in a dress?
+9   

2 months ago '20        #14
Novacane 
Props total: 4867 4 K  Slaps total: 1978 1 K
Dude just ain’t the same no more
+4   

2 months ago '17        #15
WHATEVERMAN 
Props total: 16072 16 K  Slaps total: 1688 1 K
 Almighty HA said
No lies spoken.
Yeah, I saw nothing but facts. If we defined everyone based on our worst moment, everyone would get canceled.
+1   

2 months ago '15        #16
roddy got white  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 45963 45 K  Slaps total: 7923 7 K
 Purpleswag23 said
Kevin hart is way too mainstream to say fu*k cancel kulture lol. Heís like g rated Dave Chappell
Don't compare Kevin to Dave again. Thanks
+2   

2 months ago '17        #17
bossflossy 
Props total: 5648 5 K  Slaps total: 440 440
This is a man who gave a public apology for some private sh*t between him and his wife.

He talking a good game right now, but if he was really about to lose his whole bag, he’ might come different
+2   

2 months ago '07        #18
stogz 
Props total: 106198 106 K  Slaps total: 13836 13 K
"cancel culture" is not some new phenomenon.

It's just different now.... white men are mad that they can't r*pe and harass women anymore... not allowed to be racist anymore. So now they throwing tantrums.
+6   

2 months ago '16        #19
StoicThePoet 
Props total: 2276 2 K  Slaps total: 336 336
 strungout said
Katt williams said something excellent about cancel culture on the joe budden podcast

Who has society canceled that didn't need to be canceled??

There is out of bounds in basketball for a reason

Katt williams is a hundred times smarter than Kevin

Why put them against each other when both Katt and Kevin have a sensible point of view on the matter..
+3   

2 months ago '11        #20
GrindPOWER$  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 64367 64 K  Slaps total: 11640 11 K
 Nautilus O said

them peoples told him apologize or no career

but most celebs would apologized
but I why the black man has to have to be put to be berated
put through the ringer then give back his position

2 months ago '20        #21
BlacksAndLatins  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 14559 14 K  Slaps total: 8464 8 K
 stogz said
"cancel culture" is not some new phenomenon.

It's just different now.... white men are mad that they can't r*pe and harass women anymore... not allowed to be racist anymore. So now they throwing tantrums.
Actually if your low iq a*s had any comprehension abilites you'd see its about f*gs like you being in their fee fees over a joke

You dumb fu*king f*g**t

2 months ago '04        #22
dirtball  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 6474 6 K  Slaps total: 894 894
 Nautilus O said

You finally said something smart bruh I gotta give credit

+1   

2 months ago '16        #23
PrinceDreSON 
Props total: 7176 7 K  Slaps total: 1610 1 K
sh*t if I was a multi millionaire set for life I wouldn’t give two fu*ks about being cancelled either. He wouldn’t say this sh*t if he was just starting out tho....
+2   

2 months ago '19        #24
NoFuxGvn 
Props total: 2589 2 K  Slaps total: 125 125
Sounds good but actions speak louder. He ain’t no Dave Chappelle that’s for damn sure

2 months ago '21        #25
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 10665 10 K  Slaps total: 2794 2 K
 kuul said
Why is he in a dress?
Itís standard a black man gets in a. Dress in Hollywood
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+62online now  23
Video inside Sheek Louch Says DIPSET Is P*SSY & CAMRON Almost GOT PACKED OUT By Ruff..
186 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+210online now  20
Rapper Jadakiss Arrested On murder Charges
109 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+175online now  13
Video inside The Moment When THE Versuz Swung to THE L.O.X