Lamarcus Aldridge Battling Severe Depression Caused by Missing Nets' Playoff Run

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
84 replies  @hiphop

most viewed right now
+198  46
124 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section sports

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '17        #1
4123 page views
86 comments

Rule 336  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 159078 159 K  Slaps total: 56539 56 K
Lamarcus Aldridge Battling Severe Depression Caused by Missing Nets' Playoff Run

As the Nets tried Tuesday night to close out their first-round series against the Celtics — sitting as the prohibitive betting favorite to win it all — it’s easy to forget they could have been even better. It’s easy to forget they actually had plugged their Achilles’ heel with a potential Hall of Famer — until he was forced into retirement.

LaMarcus Aldridge and the Nets were perfect for each other; a contender looking for a traditional center to vie with 7-footers, and a seven-time All-Star seeking to cement his legacy with his first title. That is, before a heart condition led to his abrupt retirement in April.

It’s probably no coincidence that as the Nets took a 3-1 first-round series lead into Game 5 against Boston, Aldridge has opened up about how depressed he’s been in the wake of his retirement, with the worst part being missing out on an opportunity for his first championship.

No, make that a golden opportunity.

“I’ve been depressed, and I’m trying to figure out how to navigate through not competing on the floor, learning not to be depressed,” Aldridge told The Athletic. “I still love basketball. I still feel like I have a lot to give. But even now, I’m still trying to find myself. When you go from doing something you love for so long and you lose it overnight, it’s a shock.”

Despite the fact Aldridge had been dealing with cardiac issues throughout most of his 15-year NBA career, it was a shock for him to suffer from an irregular heartbeat in an April 10 game against the Lakers.

Days later, Aldridge announced his retirement after a stellar career, averaging 19.4 points and 8.2 rebounds over 1,029 games. But what galled him most was that just five of them came with the Nets.

After never having reached an NBA Finals in his years in Portland and San Antonio — bought out by the Spurs this season — Aldridge is convinced he could’ve earned a ring in Brooklyn.

“That was the hardest part,” Aldridge said. “It was a chance for me to make that next step, a chance for me to add to my legacy and see what it feels like.”

Aldridge spoke of wanting to “add to my legacy.” After signing in Brooklyn to play alongside Kevin Durant, James Harden and Kyrie Irving, he could’ve been the perfect rebounder and interior defender to complement the Big 3.

“I felt if I stayed with the group, we definitely could get to the Finals and do something special,” Aldridge said. “Those guys rooted for me just as much as I rooted for them. That’s what makes the game fun; when you have a bunch of guys with no egos and everyone’s cheering for each other to do well.”

Aldridge said as much recently on ESPN, reaffirming that he was a perfect fit for the Nets, and they for him.

“It’s still hard. It’s tough,” Aldridge said. “I think at some point in your career, you pick your health and your family first. I think that it was my time. It was definitely tough, because I feel like that team needed what I brought to the table. They were excited to have me there on that team, and I was having fun. So it was extra tough.”

Jeff Green knows how hard sudden retirement is for LaMarcus Aldridge
The Nets entered Tuesday’s Game 5 at Barclays Center dead last in the playoffs in defensive rebound percentage (64.9 percent). Their 72.6 percent mark during the regular season was just 23rd, and worst among all the teams that reached the playoffs.

They would face far bigger tests than Boston’s Tristan Thompson should they advance, from second-round foe Milwaukee with Giannis Antetokounmpo to potentially 76ers star Joel Embiid.

“For us one of the big things is that rebounding is a team effort for us. We don’t have that one guy that’s dominating the glass per se, but you can do it by committee and everybody’s got to be able to come back,” Joe Harris said. “It’s a team effort, especially with somebody like Tristan. You’ve got to put multiple bodies on him just to limit him on the offensive glass, and it’ll be the same thing going forward for us.”

visit this link https://nypost.com/2021/0 .. s-playoff-run/
+16   

best
worst
86 comments

2 months ago '09        #2
TriniSoldier 
Props total: 102902 102 K  Slaps total: 23429 23 K
shoulda hung around on the bench in a suit

2 months ago '17        #3
S PHX GOD 
Props total: 50375 50 K  Slaps total: 6529 6 K
SB .330 #182 (0)
hof'er in the steep future

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '17        #4
Rule 336  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17 OP
 S PHX GOD said
hof'er in the steep future
Mitch Richmond is in the Hall of Fame. Lamarcus better get in 5 years from now.
+10   

2 months ago '05        #5
4REAL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 40079 40 K  Slaps total: 12119 12 K
I feel like he'll come out of retirement one day and test the waters.

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '17        #6
 4REAL said
I feel like he'll come out of retirement one day and test the waters.
If he wants a ring, he'll join the nets, Lakers, clips, suns, or sixers year
+4   

2 months ago '06        #7
SuppaSlick 
Props total: 10032 10 K  Slaps total: 1431 1 K
He still gets a ring of they win
+29   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '17        #8
 SuppaSlick said
If he wants another ring, he'll join the nets, Lakers, clips, suns, or sixers year
+8   

2 months ago '15        #9
Spawn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 71357 71 K  Slaps total: 6288 6 K
 SuppaSlick said
participation ring

maybe can flip it to a Nets fan for a few mil
+9   

2 months ago '21        #10
Lil Tempus 
Props total: 1429 1 K  Slaps total: 222 222
A cheap ring as a role player wouldn’t add anything to a legacy.

He just needs to find something else to do. People throw the word depressed around too lightly these days
+25   

2 months ago '20        #11
GingerBreadMan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 12241 12 K  Slaps total: 7322 7 K
im depressed too but dont have a fraction of his money

sh*t sucks
+3   

2 months ago '04        #12
Dash  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 87388 87 K  Slaps total: 6470 6 K
 Lil Tempus said

He just needs to find something else to do. People throw the word depressed around too lightly these days
for HIM it would add to his legacy

and why not be depressed about it? he's been playing ball his whole life. the man didn't think he was gonna have to retire at this moment of his career. sucks for him. i'm sure chris bosh felt like that too. both situations ended abruptly
+28   

2 months ago '05        #13
Sickstrumentals 
Props total: 6352 6 K  Slaps total: 1237 1 K
i wouldve at least tried to see if i could get a jared dudley/udonis haslem role. LA has never been on a championship run & veteran voices are important.

wouldve been nice to get a ring the traditional way, but it is what it is tho. he choose his fate & didnt shoot his shot.
+3   

2 months ago '21        #14
Lil Tempus 
Props total: 1429 1 K  Slaps total: 222 222
 Dash said
for HIM it would add to his legacy

and why not be depressed about it? he's been playing ball his whole life. the man didn't think he was gonna have to retire at this moment of his career. sucks for him. i'm sure chris bosh felt like that too. both situations ended abruptly
Yeah maybe too him. That’s probably what he meant.

But I’m saying there is a difference between being sad and disappointed and being depressed

2 months ago '20        #15
Tweezy12  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 34889 34 K  Slaps total: 11824 11 K
fu*k this ole weak heart n*gga....
First time he got a chance to win the n*gga was so scared to fail his arteries burst

2 months ago '08        #16
koopa24 
Props total: 4843 4 K  Slaps total: 1510 1 K
Dude played 20 mins of basketball for the next.
+1   

2 months ago '05        #17
kriskross00  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 101263 101 K  Slaps total: 11277 11 K
 GingerBreadMan said
im depressed too but dont have a fraction of his money

sh*t sucks
If you did...what wud that change?
+3   

2 months ago '20        #18
 kriskross00 said
If you did...what wud that change?
i could build a castle in the middle of nowhere and live there with no people bothering me, and could fly girls in when i want and send them out in a helicopter when im done.

I could have also a bunch of animals like a zoo in my compound. Animals make me happy. I like them better than humans.
+7   

2 months ago '05        #19
EMPATHY  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x55
Props total: 96390 96 K  Slaps total: 55660 55 K
Hope he gets better....

@ be4 u in here fuk u

2 months ago '16        #20
Vega  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 18526 18 K  Slaps total: 2845 2 K
 Tweezy12 said
fu*k this ole weak heart n*gga....
First time he got a chance to win the n*gga was so scared to fail his arteries burst
Or you know we’d have another Christian Eriksen situation on the hard wood
+6   

2 months ago '04        #21
ddash 
Props total: 43515 43 K  Slaps total: 3144 3 K
 GingerBreadMan said
i could build a castle in the middle of nowhere and live there with no people bothering me, and could fly girls in when i want and send them out in a helicopter when im done.

I could have also a bunch of animals like a zoo in my compound. Animals make me happy. I like them better than humans.
How you feel about cows,capybaras,alpaca and llamas?
+3   

2 months ago '20        #22
 ddash said
How you feel about cows,capybaras,alpaca and llamas?
would have a cow for milk, dont know what a cupacabra is, but a llama and alpaca could give fur for clothes in the winter
+1   

2 months ago '05        #23
kriskross00  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 101263 101 K  Slaps total: 11277 11 K
 GingerBreadMan said

Have you ever heard the phrase "mo money..mo problems"?
+4   

2 months ago '19        #24
FrivolousSports 
Props total: 77849 77 K  Slaps total: 16606 16 K
 Lil Tempus said

Tell that to Gary Payton and Dwight Howard

You dudes get on the internet and tell someone how they should feel smh
+9   

2 months ago '04        #25
ddash 
Props total: 43515 43 K  Slaps total: 3144 3 K
 GingerBreadMan said
would have a cow for milk, dont know what a cupacabra is, but a llama and alpaca could give fur for clothes in the winter
capybaras are some cool as creatures that like to chill.All those my fav animals besides a dog
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+192online now  17
Is akademiks speaking facts??
127 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  17
Image(s) inside Aug 1 - Georgia teen shot and k*lled in shopping mall after food court..
99 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+20online now  16
Took his whole health bar bro.
22 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
+44online now  5
Antarctica