Drake Says His New Album Will Be Out Before The End Of Summer

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+63  156
91 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 months ago '15        #1
1379 page views
41 comments

Top Goon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x173
Props total: 142729 142 K  Slaps total: 17693 17 K
Drake Says His New Album Will Be Out Before The End Of Summer

visit this link https://twitter.com/Jelysandra/status/1403904088530722818

2021 was supposed to kick off with a new Drake album. Certified Lover Boy was originally slated for a January 2021 release date but Drake ended up pushing the album back so he could focus on rehabilitating his injury.

For months, there werenít any updates on the LP but fans stayed hyped for the album while Drake released a snippet of ĎFair TradeĎ and features like his recent one on Migosí new album. But tonight, we finally have some news about when it will be out.

Tonight, Drake attends the URL NOME XI Battle Rap Event where he awards not the originally reported $100k, but $150k to the winner. He did an interview backstage at the event where he was asked about being at the event. Drizzy responded saying he didnít know if he could be at it because heís finishing the album up, asking when it was. When he was told it was at the end of the summer, he revealed that CLB will be out by then. So the album should be out before the end of September.
+3   

best
worst
41 comments

2 months ago '16        #2
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x43
Props total: 105218 105 K  Slaps total: 20177 20 K
I might open my hiphop playlist this year

2 months ago '05        #3
Soprano ATL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 24758 24 K  Slaps total: 2032 2 K
+17   

2 months ago '11        #4
GrindPOWER$  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 64030 64 K  Slaps total: 11611 11 K
why these battle rappers want to battle Drake so bad...he's not gonna do it because we know y'all gonna bring up the Pushat T sh*t to win
+7   

2 months ago '20        #5
Carl 
Props total: 8973 8 K  Slaps total: 2408 2 K
It’s gonna be more singing than rapping.

I hope that’s true.

At this point, i rather hear Drake singing than rapping.
+2   

2 months ago '17        #6
Rule 336  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 159166 159 K  Slaps total: 56567 56 K

+22   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '15        #7
He Hate Me 
Props total: 41743 41 K  Slaps total: 3829 3 K
Drake need to evolve musically

His sh*t been lowkey the same last three albums

Give me something different a Phonte feature or get back on his comeback season mixtape sh*t.

Or even on some experimental “Awaken My Love” type sh*t even though I know he’s not on that on that level creatively.

I honestly feel he needs a classic but this definitely won’t be that.
+8   

2 months ago '05        #8
HARBINGER  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 24761 24 K  Slaps total: 8257 8 K
 Rule 336 said

I'd be pissed if..

I'm not gonna say it @

them homos gon try to report me

2 months ago '20        #9
GUS FRING  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x32
Props total: 48685 48 K  Slaps total: 4901 4 K
its not his call

i think REPUBLIC/UNIVERSAL the distributor of Drake's releases right now is SCARED FOR IT TO FLOP

yeah the single features with him and Lil Durk and Yung Bleu are doing very well

they still arent convinced it can do the numbers to justify having a major budget push

and if it do come out...it probally will be another EP instead of a full length LP

the music business climate is VERY SPOOKY right now cause of the economy
+5   

2 months ago '20        #10
nyctoneworleans  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 10766 10 K  Slaps total: 949 949
 GUS FRING said
its not his call

i think REPUBLIC/UNIVERSAL the distributor of Drake's releases right now is SCARED FOR IT TO FLOP

yeah the single features with him and Lil Durk and Yung Bleu are doing very well

they still arent convinced it can do the numbers to justify having a major budget push

and if it do come out...it probally will be another EP instead of a full length LP

Facts and we all know that so many ceos own a piece of Drake from Texas to the N.O
sh*t is real spooky
+2   

2 months ago '04        #11
Real 
Props total: 22283 22 K  Slaps total: 3092 3 K
Can't wait
+1   

2 months ago '21        #12
BlaqPanfa 
Props total: 3874 3 K  Slaps total: 447 447
 GUS FRING said
its not his call

Lil Wayne, Baby & Slim were the real magic behind Drake but ever since their lawsuit, YM/CM artists now report directly to Republic. The problem is, it was never Republic’s vision, it was Wayne’s, so now Republic don’t actually know what to do with the artists anymore

Drake reports directly with Republic now, and Wayne also sold his masters to them. So Drake now has to make A LOT of money for his label...again. This is his first album release since his deal with Republic/UMG was changed, so now isn’t the time for him to potentially flop, they need to see a return on their investment. The problem is Drake is on the decline right now & has been for a while so CLB is in a weird place right now
+8   

2 months ago '21        #13
BlaqPanfa 
I think people believe artists just record songs & them go “BAM! Lemme drop this sh*t on July 2nd at midnight” but that’s not how it works. They don’t just randomly choose a date out of thin air. The artist doesn’t even choose the date themselves
+4   

2 months ago '04        #14
ddash 
Props total: 43559 43 K  Slaps total: 3147 3 K
 Carl said
Itís gonna be more singing than rapping.

I hope thatís true.

At this point, i rather hear Drake singing than rapping.
100%
rnb drake>>>rapper drake
+2   

2 months ago '20        #15
 BlaqPanfa said
Lil Wayne, Baby & Slim were the real magic behind Drake but ever since their lawsuit, YM/CM artists now report directly to Republic. The problem is, it was never Republicís vision, it was Wayneís, so now Republic donít actually know what to do with the artists anymore

Drake reports directly with Republic now, and Wayne also sold his masters to them. So Drake now has to make A LOT of money for his label...again. This is his first album release since his deal with Republic/UMG was changed, so now isnít the time for him to potentially flop, they need to see a return on their investment. The problem is Drake is on the decline right now & has been for a while so CLB is in a weird place right now
i couldnt have said it best myself..you are exactly right

REPUBLIC is ran by two frugal JEWISH GUYS...the Lippman brothers

they dont share the Baby and Slim ..wayne's business model of just RELEASING PROJECTS AT ANY GIVING TIME...

they are very calculating with the process cause they fully understand the volatile consumer market we are in

especially considering TOURING to promote an LP is kinda spooky now in this covid era

so they are very cautious

i wouldnt be suprised if Aubrey initiates a FREE DRAKE campaign before the year is out
+5   

2 months ago '21        #16
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 10597 10 K  Slaps total: 2759 2 K
Glad drake is starting to crumble

Dude is a goofball ever since I saw that tuna fish video

2 months ago '16        #17
Dino87 
Props total: 2796 2 K  Slaps total: 1219 1 K
wish him well. He's the reason a lot of good rappers are broke but hope it's good
+2   

2 months ago '20        #18
 Jonny2soxs said
Glad drake is starting to crumble

Dude is a goofball ever since I saw that tuna fish video
"CRUMBLE" is a very strong word to describe's Drake current status right now

i would just say Drake is in a rather AWKWARD PLACE

and due to circumstances beyond his control

considering he is still the MOST STREAMED ARTIST on SPOTIFY and YOUTUBE

and the label is always been able to recoup its expenses off any Drake project

he still is the STIMULUS PACKAGE to alot of young up and coming artists

alot of these trap and drill artists would k*ll they mama for a DRAKE feature lol

so nah breh he aint crumbling he just gotta adjust to not onl a different consumer climate but also the business model of being signed to a label which really doesnt know how to capitilize on his relationship with his core audience
+2   

2 months ago '21        #19
BlaqPanfa 
 GUS FRING said

they dont share the Baby and Slim ..wayne's business model of just RELEASING PROJECTS AT ANY GIVING TIME...

they are very calculating with the process cause they fully understand the volatile consumer market we are in

especially considering TOURING to promote an LP is kinda spooky now in this covid era

i wouldnt be suprised if Aubrey initiates a FREE DRAKE campaign before the year is out
I see nothing but facts here
+2   

2 months ago '10        #20
Walmart 
Props total: 24128 24 K  Slaps total: 2578 2 K
 GUS FRING said
its not his call

Makes sense b/c that "What's Next" track was pretty luke warm.
+4   

2 months ago '21        #21
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 10597 10 K  Slaps total: 2759 2 K
 GUS FRING said
"CRUMBLE" is a very strong word to describe's Drake current status right now

i would just say Drake is in a rather AWKWARD PLACE

and due to circumstances beyond his control

considering he is still the MOST STREAMED ARTIST on SPOTIFY and YOUTUBE

and the label is always been able to recoup its expenses off any Drake project

he still is the STIMULUS PACKAGE to alot of young up and coming artists

alot of these trap and drill artists would k*ll they mama for a DRAKE feature lol

so nah breh he aint crumbling he just gotta adjust to not onl a different consumer climate but also the business model of being signed to a label which really doesnt know how to capitilize on his relationship with his core audience
Yeah you right breh

2 months ago '06        #22
soso24  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 62601 62 K  Slaps total: 7728 7 K
Did NuNu have kids? Jawn is huge now...

2 months ago '04        #23
Evil G 
Props total: 4606 4 K  Slaps total: 206 206
This is how the fall off happens. Keep pushing they sh*t back then they fade away.

2 months ago '16        #24
Cedwards198451 
Props total: 7940 7 K  Slaps total: 3365 3 K
 GUS FRING said
its not his call

I don't know about all of this, Drake just won like artist of the decade for some stupid music awards sh*t and he will no doubt be the highest selling hip hop artist and possibly highest selling music artist this year when he drops. Maybe you are right but he's at a point where he should be able to drop when he wants he has nothing else to prove sales wise.

What he needs to do is release a very good album, which hopefully he is perfectly crafting CLB, why rush and release it, he has given us plenty of free music the last few years still.

Maybe the issue is he can't make or find a perfect lead single for CLB, that could be the hold up, but what the fu*k do i know

2 months ago '15        #25
katurner 92  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 14809 14 K  Slaps total: 1637 1 K
 GUS FRING said

BlaqPanfa said
Lil Wayne, Baby & Slim were the real magic behind Drake but ever since their lawsuit, YM/CM artists now report directly to Republic. The problem is, it was never Republicís vision, it was Wayneís, so now Republic donít actually know what to do with the artists anymore

Drake reports directly with Republic now, and Wayne also sold his masters to them. So Drake now has to make A LOT of money for his label...again. This is his first album release since his deal with Republic/UMG was changed, so now isnít the time for him to potentially flop, they need to see a return on their investment. The problem is Drake is on the decline right now & has been for a while so CLB is in a weird place right now
hilarious!

So with all the lawsuits and Birman not paying people, y'all saying that it would be better if he was still CM/YM lol

That being said Drake is a touring artist so that makes since, I don't think any big album has dropped since the pandemic. Outside of the Weeknd who dropped a couple weeks before.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+174online now  36
Video inside This Man Ditched This Girl & Let Her Pay The Bill After Seeing Her Post..
131 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+23online now  21
Maga Nick Bosa gf yall
224 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+29online now  16
Took his whole health bar bro.