Clarissa Shields MMA debut

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
84 replies  @hiphop

most viewed right now
+23  51
38 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

2 months ago '16        #1
1931 page views
58 comments

aquisite04  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 11643 11 K  Slaps total: 1265 1 K
Clarissa Shields MMA debut

+29   

best
worst
58 comments

2 months ago '17        #2
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 173178 173 K  Slaps total: 12186 12 K
She has huge potential. She's super strong and is great at punching. If she can learn how to kick and wrestle she could be unstoppable.
+19   

2 months ago '09        #3
dadon85 
Props total: 45397 45 K  Slaps total: 4765 4 K
So much respect for her doing this.
+15   

2 months ago '15        #4
nore 707 
Props total: 889 889  Slaps total: 116 116
She scrong as fu*k! Her physical strength helped her out big time. She’s new at this like barely trained a couple months not even a year. If she does hella bjj and takedown defense she could be a problem. No woman comes close to being able to stand up with her
+14   

2 months ago '07        #5
Mr. Moses 
Props total: 1191 1 K  Slaps total: 162 162
Man I want to see this outta Shields

That punching power was vicious. The little inside punches Woodley was wiffing on would land with Shields and knock the f*ght outta any female in the UFC.
+4   

2 months ago '20        #6
OhSoCalbo 
Props total: 4830 4 K  Slaps total: 3778 3 K
Culture
+3   

2 months ago '21        #7
JackmeriusT 
Props total: 1162 1 K  Slaps total: 17 17
Yeah Laila DEF don't want that smoke now.
+2   

2 months ago '17        #8
Poncho520 
Props total: 15708 15 K  Slaps total: 1199 1 K
Top five athletes alive right now. I understand her wanting to expand her brand.
+9   

2 months ago '10        #9
StillScrappy 
Props total: 978 978  Slaps total: 76 76
NOthing like watching a fit black woman do her thing.

look at those calves, that a*s which is just muscle.

+9   

2 months ago '16        #10
Ghostface Killa  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 24178 24 K  Slaps total: 4393 4 K
She need to keep working with Jon Jones on takedown defense

She said she's interested in getting the black belt in bjj, so she's only gonna get better on the ground
+7   

2 months ago '04        #11
Sineztro 
Props total: 2110 2 K  Slaps total: 314 314
Great first match. Now, she just needs to work on that ground game.....and how to check those leg kicks.
+9   

2 months ago '17        #12
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 173178 173 K  Slaps total: 12186 12 K
 Sineztro said
Great first match. Now, she just needs to work on that ground game.....and how to check those leg kicks.
If Clarissa used inside side kicks on the girls leading leg that would've be a great strategy.
+4   

2 months ago '04        #13
bibbyboi 
Props total: 15921 15 K  Slaps total: 1965 1 K
Props to her and I hope she does good but she needs so much work and I'm not sure she has the time to do it. She's going to continue boxing and she's such a big name I'm sure the PFL is going to try and give her bigger f*ghts asap. But her td defense was really bad and her bottom game is really bad. She doesn't stand a chance against any of the top 20 around her weight class right now, which is completely understandable. If she could take 2 years to work on strictly MMA and not have to f*ght any really experienced f*ghters she could definitely be one of the best, if not the best.
+6   

2 months ago '19        #14
Boxedin1 
Props total: 8654 8 K  Slaps total: 1603 1 K
Alright time to talk about what nobody else is
Britney elkins was on a three f*ght losing streak.
Clarissa, as impressive as she was would not do the same against someone on a winning streak. If anything, Saturday was a reminder she has a hell of a long way to go. From learning how to properly cage walk/reversals to making sure she does not get one of those olympic winning arms snapped in half. It happens and can happen. But as of now, I'm team shields.

Last edited by Boxedin1; 06-13-2021 at 05:44 PM..

2 months ago '04        #15
Sineztro 
Props total: 2110 2 K  Slaps total: 314 314
 Naga Sadow said
If Clarissa used inside side kicks on the girls leading leg that would've be a great strategy.
yeah I think she can get there, but even experienced MMA f*ghters dont check those half the time. Adesanya was tearing dudes legs up last night. Can def make a difference in a f*ght. But I was very impressed overall though.
+3   

2 months ago '04        #16
Dash  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 87388 87 K  Slaps total: 6469 6 K
Proud of that woman

That was dope

Elkin walked in like Sagat from street f*ght but got walked out like buddy from kickboxer
+7   

2 months ago '13        #17
GHova315  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 5403 5 K  Slaps total: 808 808
 Poncho520 said
Top five athletes alive right now. I understand her wanting to expand her brand.
Not so fast. She got her a*s smoked on The Rock's Titan Games

+5   

2 months ago '19        #18
Boxedin1 
Armbars, kimoras, americanas, etc all designed to break arms

That's off the top of my head and I haven't been to the gym in 10 years

Edit:Omoplata

Praying for the best though
We need a female champion

Last edited by Boxedin1; 06-13-2021 at 05:53 PM..

2 months ago '06        #19
yumflip  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 13437 13 K  Slaps total: 1265 1 K
 Boxedin1 said
Clarissa, as impressive as she was would not do the same against someone on a winning streak. If anything, Saturday was a reminder she has a hell of a long way to go. From learning how to properly cage walk/reversals to making sure she does not get one of those olympic winning arms snapped in half. It happens and can happen. But as if now, I'm team shields.
Regardless of what Elkins' current form is like, she has more experience in that discipline and more technical know how. Shields beat an experienced pro w/a limited skill set and no previous experience. Those are building blocks, not the finished product. Being critical of what she hasn't learned in her first attempt at this is kinda pointless.
+9   

2 months ago '19        #20
Boxedin1 
 yumflip said
Regardless of what Elkins' current form is like, she has more experience in that discipline and more technical know how. Shields beat an experienced pro w/a limited skill set and no previous experience. Those are building blocks, not the finished product. Being critical of what she hasn't learned in her first attempt at this is kinda pointless.
Celebrating her strengths and win while not acknowledging her weakness is how has beens get caught in the moment
While she's far from a has been, if and when she f*ghts out of her league against an opponent that hasn't lost, if properly prepared you won't have to say I did not see that coming.

A lot of athletes get caught up in the moment celebrating instead of highlighting their weaknesses and working on them.

The fans who don't acknowledge them are usually the ones to jump ship as soon as they lose
+1   

2 months ago '15        #21
Mexicanelvis 
Props total: 11534 11 K  Slaps total: 633 633
 Boxedin1 said
Clarissa, as impressive as she was would not do the same against someone on a winning streak. If anything, Saturday was a reminder she has a hell of a long way to go. From learning how to properly cage walk/reversals to making sure she does not get one of those olympic winning arms snapped in half. It happens and can happen. But as of now, I'm team shields.

Winning streak or not, Elkins has been training the ground stuff for over a decade... shields picked it up last year...sh*t she should get the chance to build her confidence and ground game against cans in her first few f*ghts at least
+5   

2 months ago '17        #22
Its 
Props total: 18737 18 K  Slaps total: 1649 1 K
Looking damn good for a novice
+1   

2 months ago '19        #23
Boxedin1 
 Mexicanelvis said
Winning streak or not, Elkins has been training the ground stuff for over a decade... shields picked it up last year...sh*t she should get the chance to build her confidence and ground game against cans in her first few f*ghts at least
No denying that just not overhyping her
Any of her trainers or coaches would feel the same
While I'm sure everyone in her gym is congratulating her, I wouldn't be surprised if her coaches ain't letting her get her head too swole from all her...fans

Mike tyson has said plenty of times his coach was no yesman

Last edited by Boxedin1; 06-13-2021 at 06:33 PM..

2 months ago '19        #24
Boxedin1 
Sorry for having opinions that make sense

Verses the opinions of those who have never been to an actual mma gym

Can guarantee her coaches are ready to bring her back down to earth

Seeing izzy cage walk and the other guy get his arm broken was enough to bring me back down and confirm my feelings

Last edited by Boxedin1; 06-13-2021 at 07:00 PM..

2 months ago '17        #25
YoungOG 
Props total: 23389 23 K  Slaps total: 5354 5 K
That lady ref looked decent

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  23
Image(s) inside Aug 1 - Georgia teen shot and k*lled in shopping mall after food court..
99 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+20online now  16
Took his whole health bar bro.
22 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
+192online now  14
Is akademiks speaking facts??
127 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+29online now  3
What Games Are You Playing RIGHT NOW? August 2021 Hot Summer 🔥🔥..
106 comments
2 days ago
@games
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy