online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Sorry, Bootleggers — The Air Jordan 1 Is Now An Officially Registered Trademark

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section gear

3 years ago '16        #1
23927 page views
120 comments

ferraricashpapi 
Props total: 239 239  Slaps total: 21 21
icon Sorry, Bootleggers — The Air Jordan 1 Is Now An Officially Registered Trademark

As early as the conception of the BAPE STA, Nike has fought tooth and nail to maintain the integrity of their most iconic silhouettes. But even today, we still see numerous “homages,” either from the aforementioned or relatively newfound labels like Hender Scheme, Warren Lotas, and the droves of IG/Youtuber start-ups.

All that will soon change, however, as the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office have granted Nike official registration certificates for the trade designs of three of their most iconic models: the Air Jordan 1, Air Jordan 1 Low, and Air Jordan 1 Low SE.

This comes hot off the heels of their recent lawsuit with Warren Lotas, which dealt a blow to the designer’s interpretation of the Dunk Low. This also instilled fear in the creators offering similar product — e.g. Fugazi, Orée, and the like. Now armed with the patent, Nike Inc. has plenty of ammunition to go after bootleg sneakers in the future if there is no visible attempt at trying to change the form itself.

As for what this means for bootlegs hereafter is hard to say. Will these brands go after different icons or will they cease entirely? Only time will tell.

IG

brands like kool kiy is in jeopardy!
IG

do you all think nike should let them be or get in them pockets?
+16   

icon
best
icon
worst
120 comments

3 years ago '17        #2
CELE91  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 29190 29 K  Slaps total: 2287 2 K
 ferraricashpapi said 🔗
As early as the conception of the BAPE STA, Nike has fought tooth and nail to maintain the integrity of their most iconic silhouettes. But even today, we still see numerous “homages,” either from the aforementioned or relatively newfound labels like Hender Scheme, Warren Lotas, and the droves of IG/Youtuber start-ups.

All that will soon change, however, as the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office have granted Nike official registration certificates for the trade designs of three of their most iconic models: the Air Jordan 1, Air Jordan 1 Low, and Air Jordan 1 Low SE.

This comes hot off the heels of their recent lawsuit with Warren Lotas, which dealt a blow to the designer’s interpretation of the Dunk Low. This also instilled fear in the creators offering similar product — e.g. Fugazi, Orée, and the like. Now armed with the patent, Nike Inc. has plenty of ammunition to go after bootleg sneakers in the future if there is no visible attempt at trying to change the form itself.

As for what this means for bootlegs hereafter is hard to say. Will these brands go after different icons or will they cease entirely? Only time will tell.

↪🔗

brands like kool kiy is in jeopardy!
↪🔗

do you all think nike should let them be or get in them pockets?
Lol they not gonna stop the asian though
+38   

3 years ago '16        #3
ferraricashpapi  OP
Props total: 239 239  Slaps total: 21 21
 CELE91 said 🔗
hell naw lol them rep dudes is living amazing
emoji
+16   

3 years ago '17        #4
 ferraricashpapi said 🔗
emoji
Lol resellers made the rep market what it is today. Nike has only themselves too blame for making small batches of their jordans.
+38   

3 years ago '19        #5
Free my soul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 28005 28 K  Slaps total: 9157 9 K
 ferraricashpapi said 🔗
emoji
Some of them reps look soo good you can fool them authenticators at the Sh0e events IYKYK
+14   

3 years ago '16        #6
Toast2the  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 63644 63 K  Slaps total: 9725 9 K
 CELE91 said 🔗
This is more for ppl like that kool kiy dude his kicks are just basically Jordan 1’s with a lightning bolt

+25   

3 years ago '20        #7
SuperSlimey215 
Props total: 14508 14 K  Slaps total: 2964 2 K
Nike need to just let them live. None of them can compete with any Jordan 1s anyway. That sh1t does not threaten their sales.
+5   

3 years ago '19        #8
SirChicoDusty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 2717 2 K  Slaps total: 286 286
Kiy ain’t tripping he probably made a couple M’s already from the sh0e so call it a spade and move on to the next project.

I’m just glad they put the trademark on before Omi In The Hellcat fat a$s put out his off brand Kiy sh0es
+15   

3 years ago '18        #9
TexasPlayaMayne  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x25
Props total: 28435 28 K  Slaps total: 21620 21 K
 CELE91 said 🔗
Bootlegging has always been illegal, so this law does nothing.

This is for companies like Adidas, or Reebok who try to make sh0es that look similar.
+7   

3 years ago '05        #10
HeGotBeatz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 2967 2 K  Slaps total: 237 237
naw that patent stops all imported knockoffs at the border. kiy gotta hit the drawing board but im sure he's planned for this. i was in talks of having a few of my designs printed and shipped in but good thing ive got my customizing to fall back on.
+3   

3 years ago '05        #11
JimDinO77  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 60908 60 K  Slaps total: 9082 9 K
is it that hard to be original
+26   

3 years ago '17        #12
 Free my soul said 🔗
Some of them reps look soo good you can fool them authenticators at the Sh0e events IYKYK
It makes sense why though.these asian factories make theses sh0es for nike anyway so might as well make extra money on the side.
+2   

3 years ago '15        #13
Johnny Cinco 
Props total: 19718 19 K  Slaps total: 5120 5 K
 SuperSlimey215 said 🔗
Nike need to just let them live. None of them can compete with any Jordan 1s anyway. That sh1t does not threaten their sales.
let them live? you're a fu#king idiot
+12   

3 years ago '20        #14
SuperSlimey215 
 Johnny Cinco said 🔗
let them live? you're a fu#king idiot
Jordan’s selling now more than ever. Tell me what was so idiotic about my comment and tell me how it effects Jordan 1 sales. I’ll wait.

3 years ago '18        #15
dacoolestg  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 30499 30 K  Slaps total: 3963 3 K
 Toast2the said 🔗
This is more for ppl like that kool kiy dude his kicks are just basically Jordan 1’s with a lightning bolt

fux with dude but jacked ian connor whole sh1t
+2   

3 years ago '14        #16
Wop2x 
Props total: 41710 41 K  Slaps total: 4063 4 K
Jordan 1/ af1 silhouette is legendary

From bape
To saint laurent
To Dior
To off white
To louis vuitton

All used nike blueprint to design their sh0es
+16   

3 years ago '15        #17
Bonaparte 
Props total: 8926 8 K  Slaps total: 430 430
Not cool Nike, not cool.

3 years ago '19        #18
jlem 
Props total: 21634 21 K  Slaps total: 642 642
Good for them but butter doesn't mean anything. This will only effect legitimate sneaker makers that many copy the AJ1 style and likeness.

This will do nothing to stop counterfeiters from knocking off the sh0es Nike produces.

Besides, as long as Nike and others continue to outsource the manufacturing of their products, bootleggers will continue to do what they do.

emoji
+4   

3 years ago '16        #19
Toast2the  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 63644 63 K  Slaps total: 9725 9 K
 dacoolestg said 🔗
fux with dude but jacked ian connor whole sh1t
I don’t really like his personality never met him but they way he comes off on IG and talks to his followers/customers have been off putting to me

And he’s coming out with too many versions of those sneakers... watering down his brand

It was cool with the OG colors... but I seen him post some sh0es that the lightning bolt lights up on some LA Gears sh1t lol
+3   

3 years ago '05        #20
HeGotBeatz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 2967 2 K  Slaps total: 237 237
🔗

Nike had time yesterday lol
+5   

3 years ago '04        #21
ddash 
Props total: 129163 129 K  Slaps total: 9070 9 K
Its crazy to me that converse is not richest company ever and nike bought them for chump change a few yrs ago

The converse chuck has to be most copied sh0e mold and sold alltime
+9   

3 years ago '15        #22
Johnny Cinco 
Props total: 19718 19 K  Slaps total: 5120 5 K
 SuperSlimey215 said 🔗
Jordan’s selling now more than ever. Tell me what was so idiotic about my comment and tell me how it effects Jordan 1 sales. I’ll wait.
you dont understand business. I wouldn't even waste time explaining it to be honest. Be great and have a wonderful day.

Im trying to learn not to comment on ever dumb comment I see. Sometimes its better to just respond in my head.
+5   

3 years ago '04        #23
Tha754kid 
Props total: 18815 18 K  Slaps total: 1301 1 K
 SuperSlimey215 said 🔗
Would you be cool with someone ripping off your original design and making money off it?
emoji
+6   

3 years ago '11        #24
jayevryday 
Props total: 5767 5 K  Slaps total: 485 485
 Wop2x said 🔗
Jordan 1/ af1 silhouette is legendary

From bape
To saint laurent
To Dior
To off white
To louis vuitton

All used nike blueprint to design their sh0es
Add Amiri to that as well
+6   

3 years ago '20        #25
SuperSlimey215 
 Tha754kid said 🔗
Would you be cool with someone ripping off your original design and making money off it?
emoji
They are no threat to Nikes Jordan 1 lol whatsoever.

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+3317
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
282 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+5214
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+4111
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋
67 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+574
Image(s) inside Now That We are Older, Wiser… Let’s Talk Soul Food