Jun 10 - Miami Bitcoin Gathering Was a Covid Hot Spot

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
29 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 week ago '17        #1
545 page views
5 comments

Mr Scaramucci  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x155
Props total: 108138 108 K  Slaps total: 24138 24 K
Jun 10 - Miami Bitcoin Gathering Was a Covid Hot Spot

Cryptocurrency podcaster Luke Martin said he caught Covid-19 during the Bitcoin 2021 conference in Miami last week, one of the biggest events to take place in the U.S. since the pandemic began.

Larry Cermak, research director at the Block, a cryptocurrency news and information website, said he hadn’t gotten it, but “everyone” whom he hung out with during the three days of conferencing and partying did.

The Martin tweet was subsequently removed.

The conference, which sold at least 12,000 tickets, brought mostly unmasked crowds together in Miami’s Wynwood arts district, with throngs winding several city blocks around the complex on opening day. There were also countless other gatherings and afterparties.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has given fully vaccinated Americans the go-ahead to return to most forms of normal life, but its guidance doesn’t apply to the 57% of the country that still isn’t fully vaccinated.

Bitcoin, a decentralized virtual currency that enthusiasts say is beyond the reach of government meddling, has become a popular and controversial investment, but unlike many normal investments, it has developed a unqiue culture unto itself marked by a sort of macho, antiauthority ethos.

The Miami conference had no vaccine verification and masking was rare. Although part of the event was outside, many Bitcoiners crowded into the warehouse-style space and private house parties. It’s wasn’t clear whether the attendees got the disease at the conference itself or at the gatherings. Some people came to town only for the networking.

“Vaccines have been freely available for months in the US, to the extent that anyone who wanted to be vaccinated could do so by the time of the event,” organizer BTC Media said in a statement. “We provided all attendees with the current recommendations of the CDC and State of Florida and expressed to our audience that those who were high risk or hadn’t been vaccinated should consider waiting until next year.”

It remains difficult to pin outbreaks on specific events -- and the Bitcoin event probably won’t be an exception.

About one in 3,000 Americans tested positive for Covid-19 in the past week, so confirming a discrete Bitcoin 2021 effect requires more than a few tweets.

Efforts to reach the Florida Department of Health were unsuccessful late Thursday.

visit this link https://www.msn.com/en-us .. cid=uxbndlbing

best
worst
5 comments

1 week ago '17        #2
zackattack  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 24289 24 K  Slaps total: 2049 2 K
Miami itself is a hotspot. People don't wear masks there
+1   

1 week ago '14        #3
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 141905 141 K  Slaps total: 33000 33 K
They had floyd mayweather and Tony hawk speaking at this thing (no idea how involved they are with crypto, but they must be experts to speak on it)

Vip pass i think was going for 100k , and it gave you access to all guest speakers including seats to paul vs mayweather

But even the general admission i think was not affordable to the average boxden member this sh*t was for the elite

But you were able to stream the whole thing from YouTube i believe for free !!

I guess streaming it was low-key better than actually attending....paying thousands of dollars and potentially catching covid
+3   

1 week ago '14        #4
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 141905 141 K  Slaps total: 33000 33 K
That floyd video only has 3.5 k views so nobody knows he spoke at the crypto event
+1   

1 week ago '04        #5
GetEmDaddy902 
Props total: 6445 6 K  Slaps total: 1346 1 K
 strungout said
They had floyd mayweather and Tony hawk speaking at this thing (no idea how involved they are with crypto, but they must be experts to speak on it)

Vip pass i think was going for 100k , and it gave you access to all guest speakers including seats to paul vs mayweather

But even the general admission i think was not affordable to the average boxden member this sh*t was for the elite

But you were able to stream the whole thing from YouTube i believe for free !!

I guess streaming it was low-key better than actually attending....paying thousands of dollars and potentially catching covid
Tickets were $1200 lol
+1   

1 week ago '16        #6
AngelTaster 
Props total: 6819 6 K  Slaps total: 412 412
They throwing any and everything at Bitcoin right now straight smear campaign after the whole “its over for Bitcoin! Its takning” FUD. Then the El Salvador thing and environmental issue was deemed faulty. Now bitcoin and the people a*sociated with it are spreading covid...in Florida of all places. sh*t is laughable. I think up better stories to call out of work

Last edited by AngelTaster; 06-11-2021 at 12:38 PM..

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+60online now  23
Chief Keef Goes Crazy On Young Buck's Classic Song Stomp
66 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+565online now  23
Announcer ready to risk it all after seeing chick in the stands
272 comments