Jun 10 - Kim Browne becomes third GOP judge in Franklin County to switch parties

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 weeks ago '20        #1
1801 page views
38 comments

rapper4  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 10642 10 K  Slaps total: 14200 14 K
Jun 10 - Kim Browne becomes third GOP judge in Franklin County to switch parties

visit this link https://www.dispatch.com/ .. nails-Redesign

Kim Browne becomes third GOP judge in Franklin County to switch parties

Another Republican judge in Franklin County is jumping ship.

Domestic Relations/Juvenile Court Judge Kim A. Browne is switching party affiliation from Republican to Democrat, one year ahead of her bid for reelection to a fourth full term on the bench.

On Wednesday, she filed a Declaration of Intent to Change Political Party Affiliation with the county board of elections.

"As an African American woman, I have become very disturbed by what the GOP has come to stand for, tolerate and encourage," Browne said Wednesday of her decision to switch parties.

Browne is the third Republican judge to switch parties in the past two years in Franklin County, where Democratic domination has made it increasingly difficult for Republican candidates to win.

The other Franklin County Republican judges who changed their affiliations to Democrat are Common Pleas Judge Julie M. Lynch, who filed a declaration in February 2019, and Municipal Court Judge Jim O'Grady, who changed parties by voting as a Democrat in the 2020 primary.

growing hold on Franklin County.

Democrats swept all 10 judicial races on the county ballot in the November 2020 election, unseating four Republican incumbents in the process.

Among the Republican incumbents who lost was Dana Suzanne Preisse, who had served on the Domestic-Relations/Juvenile Court bench for 24 years. She was knocked off by George W. Leach, who ran against her as a Democrat after losing a race for Municipal Court judge in 2017 as a Republican.

Browne said the blue wave was not a factor in her decision, citing her large margins of victory in Franklin County during her years as a Republican candidate.

Browne was appointed to a vacancy on the bench in 2002 by then-Ohio Gov. Bob Taft, a Republican. She won election that November to complete the term with 57.8% of the vote and was unopposed for election to a full term in 2004. She faced opposition in her next two bids for re-election, defeating her Democratic opponents with 54.6% of the vote in 2010 and 55.2% in 2016.

"I've been a Republican for 36 years and I have just never been more disillusioned or disappointed about what the GOP has become. Whatever it is, it is no longer the party of Lincoln."

News:Longest-serving Franklin County Domestic Judge Preisse defeated in reelection bid

Josh Jaffe, executive committee chairman for the Franklin County Republican Party, scoffed at the notion that Browne, Lynch and O'Grady weren't influenced by the electoral challenges that Republican candidates face in the county.

"Sometimes judges have to think like politicians," he said. "They all made a political calculation that they'll have an easier time as Democrats. If they were comfortable running on their records, they would not feel the need to pull a political stunt like this."

O'Grady, who was elected to the Municipal Court bench in 2011 and 2015 as a Republican, is seeking reelection in November as a Democrat.

Lynch was first elected to the Common Pleas Court as a Republican in 2004. She was reelected to six-year terms in 2010 and 2016 but will seek reelection as a Democrat in 2022.

News:Ohio Senate passes $75 billion budget bill containing school funding, abortion clinic restrictions and more

Browne also will be running for reelection in 2022.

Browne's change in party affiliation means that all seven judges on the county's Domestic Relations/Juvenile Court bench are Democrats, at least until July 1.

That's when Domestic Relations/Juvenile Court Judge Terri Jamison will leave the court to take a position on the 10th District Court of Appeals. She won that seat in November by defeating longtime Republican incumbent Lisa Sadler.

Gov. Mike DeWine will appoint a fellow Republican to fill Jamison's vacancy on the Domestic Relations/Juvenile Court bench until the 2022 election.
+2   

best
worst
38 comments

2 weeks ago '16        #2
Blunted Sultan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 34119 34 K  Slaps total: 3803 3 K
come over to the slightly more sane side
+7   

2 weeks ago '17        #3
Ifeellikekobe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 69659 69 K  Slaps total: 4548 4 K
Alright you late to party. Hope you brought some snacks or something

+16   

2 weeks ago '07        #4
Ham Rove  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 48469 48 K  Slaps total: 2596 2 K
when this type of stuff happens its usually just a politician being pragmatic and thinking there is a better shot at reelection on the other side. but I hope its more than that in this case.
+33   

2 weeks ago '20        #5
RockyII 
Props total: 9653 9 K  Slaps total: 1288 1 K
 Ham Rove said
when this type of stuff happens its usually just a politician being pragmatic and thinking there is a better shot at reelection on the other side. but I hope its more than that in this case.
Thatís exactly what I see... sheís switching sides so gain reelection points
+8   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '17        #6
PackerTrelli3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 73372 73 K  Slaps total: 20546 20 K
Aye Just cuz a white girl comes to the black family’s table, don’t mean she gonna be ready to wear Shea butter and listen to ur music

This bi*ch bouta bring the republican ways to the democrats. “See what we did at my old party, see we did it this way…… yall way Is dope, but here’s how WEEEE did it”
+10   

2 weeks ago '12        #7
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 171163 171 K  Slaps total: 10026 10 K
 PackerTrelli3 said
Aye Just cuz a white girl comes to the black familyís table, donít mean she gonna be ready to wear Shea butter and listen to ur music

This bi*ch bouta bring the republican ways to the democrats. ďSee what we did at my old party, see we did it this wayÖÖ yall way Is dope, but hereís how WEEEE did itĒ

Yall really gotta do more than read the titles and/or click the links on the articles these people post.

Cause you typed all this sh*t for no reason
+7   

2 weeks ago '16        #8
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x37
Props total: 100718 100 K  Slaps total: 18992 18 K
evidence democrats and republicans is kkk
+3   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '17        #9
 OldBusiness said

Yall really gotta do more than read the titles and/or click the links on the articles these people post.

Cause you typed all this sh*t for no reason

I never ever ever ever ever said she was white my n*gga

I gave an example of how u canít change people. Hence a white girl coming to a black family and a n*gga thinking she bouta live the hood life

See now u one of the dummyís who didnít comprehendÖ. And where thereís one, thereís more. So imma gonna see who caught on to it, and who held ur hand when u jumpedÖ..
+9   

2 weeks ago '12        #10
 PackerTrelli3 said
I never ever ever ever ever said she was white my n*gga

I gave an example of how u canít change people. Hence a white girl coming to a black family and a n*gga thinking she bouta live the hood life

See now u one of the dummyís who didnít comprehendÖ. And where thereís one, thereís more. So imma gonna see who caught on to it, and who held ur hand when u jumpedÖ..
I ain't read all that incoherent bullsh*t you usually type and your bad takes

So much pride for some of you and you come off so lost

Don't reply, just go offer stupid a*s angles in more threads and it'll be business as usual

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '17        #11
 OldBusiness said
I ain't read all that incoherent bullsh*t you usually type and your bad takes

So much pride for some of you and you come off so lost

Don't reply, just go offer stupid a*s angles in more threads and it'll be business as usual
Exactly dummy. U tellin me to read, when YOU didnít even know what I said. So thatís on yo bi*ch a*s

Wrong a*s, posting a pic of the bi*ch, when OP already had the damn pic up there. Then say I need to read more

Smh
+7   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '17        #12
Stupid n*gga: your post is wrong!! U clearly don’t read!! Reading is fundamental!

Me: u must not have read what I said cuz I never called her white (proves the stupid n*gga wrong)

Stupid n*gga: well…. I don’t read what u post…. But what I do read be wrong

How does this work exactly? Someone explain (with a legit answer) and I’ll cashapp $50
+9   

2 weeks ago '20        #13
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 32937 32 K  Slaps total: 6470 6 K
Who is this gal ?

2 weeks ago '18        #14
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 38394 38 K  Slaps total: 3350 3 K
All of a sudden, when she's up for re elections she finally caught the news... foh
+6   

2 weeks ago '10        #15
acegutta22  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 19103 19 K  Slaps total: 3465 3 K
I hope they don’t re-elect her a*s sit go independent this is why Democrats would rathe pander to republicans then progressives
+1   

2 weeks ago '12        #16
Binds 
Props total: 10044 10 K  Slaps total: 828 828
 PackerTrelli3 said
Exactly dummy. U tellin me to read, when YOU didnít even know what I said. So thatís on yo bi*ch a*s

Wrong a*s, posting a pic of the bi*ch, when OP already had the damn pic up there. Then say I need to read more

Smh

PackerTrelli3 said
Stupid n*gga: your post is wrong!! U clearly donít read!! Reading is fundamental!

Me: u must not have read what I said cuz I never called her white (proves the stupid n*gga wrong)

Stupid n*gga: wellÖ. I donít read what u postÖ. But what I do read be wrong

How does this work exactly? Someone explain (with a legit answer) and Iíll cashapp $50

sheeeeeshhhhhhh @ you gonna let this n*gga get on ur biscuit like this?

2 weeks ago '12        #17
 Binds said

You read about as good as he does.

2fer on the reply, I still got it
+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #18
MayneThaTruth2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 14330 14 K  Slaps total: 11511 11 K
 rapper4 said

Kim Browne becomes third GOP judge in Franklin County to switch parties

Another Republican judge in Franklin County is jumping ship.

Domestic Relations/Juvenile Court Judge Kim A. Browne is switching party affiliation from Republican to Democrat, one year ahead of her bid for reelection to a fourth full term on the bench.

On Wednesday, she filed a Declaration of Intent to Change Political Party Affiliation with the county board of elections.

"As an African American woman, I have become very disturbed by what the GOP has come to stand for, tolerate and encourage," Browne said Wednesday of her decision to switch parties.

Browne is the third Republican judge to switch parties in the past two years in Franklin County, where Democratic domination has made it increasingly difficult for Republican candidates to win.

The other Franklin County Republican judges who changed their affiliations to Democrat are Common Pleas Judge Julie M. Lynch, who filed a declaration in February 2019, and Municipal Court Judge Jim O'Grady, who changed parties by voting as a Democrat in the 2020 primary.

growing hold on Franklin County.

Democrats swept all 10 judicial races on the county ballot in the November 2020 election, unseating four Republican incumbents in the process.

Among the Republican incumbents who lost was Dana Suzanne Preisse, who had served on the Domestic-Relations/Juvenile Court bench for 24 years. She was knocked off by George W. Leach, who ran against her as a Democrat after losing a race for Municipal Court judge in 2017 as a Republican.

Browne said the blue wave was not a factor in her decision, citing her large margins of victory in Franklin County during her years as a Republican candidate.

Browne was appointed to a vacancy on the bench in 2002 by then-Ohio Gov. Bob Taft, a Republican. She won election that November to complete the term with 57.8% of the vote and was unopposed for election to a full term in 2004. She faced opposition in her next two bids for re-election, defeating her Democratic opponents with 54.6% of the vote in 2010 and 55.2% in 2016.

"I've been a Republican for 36 years and I have just never been more disillusioned or disappointed about what the GOP has become. Whatever it is, it is no longer the party of Lincoln."

News:Longest-serving Franklin County Domestic Judge Preisse defeated in reelection bid

Josh Jaffe, executive committee chairman for the Franklin County Republican Party, scoffed at the notion that Browne, Lynch and O'Grady weren't influenced by the electoral challenges that Republican candidates face in the county.

"Sometimes judges have to think like politicians," he said. "They all made a political calculation that they'll have an easier time as Democrats. If they were comfortable running on their records, they would not feel the need to pull a political stunt like this."

O'Grady, who was elected to the Municipal Court bench in 2011 and 2015 as a Republican, is seeking reelection in November as a Democrat.

Lynch was first elected to the Common Pleas Court as a Republican in 2004. She was reelected to six-year terms in 2010 and 2016 but will seek reelection as a Democrat in 2022.

News:Ohio Senate passes $75 billion budget bill containing school funding, abortion clinic restrictions and more

Browne also will be running for reelection in 2022.

Browne's change in party affiliation means that all seven judges on the county's Domestic Relations/Juvenile Court bench are Democrats, at least until July 1.

That's when Domestic Relations/Juvenile Court Judge Terri Jamison will leave the court to take a position on the 10th District Court of Appeals. She won that seat in November by defeating longtime Republican incumbent Lisa Sadler.

Gov. Mike DeWine will appoint a fellow Republican to fill Jamison's vacancy on the Domestic Relations/Juvenile Court bench until the 2022 election.
Too scared to be "other" or "independent", so they switch sides. When will these cowards step up?

2 weeks ago '14        #19
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 142533 142 K  Slaps total: 33179 33 K
Your arch nemesis @ is avoiding this thread
+1   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '17        #20
 Binds said

the n*gga @ is an idiot.

U damn right he ain’t gonna do sh*t, that’s why he told me not to respond, and didn’t respond to me

He responded to YALL about ME.

The n*gga thought I was saying Ole lady was white

@ fu*k you!!!

Talking bout he don’t read my sh*t, but the n*gga steady proppin my posts and be in the threads i make

Last edited by PackerTrelli3; 06-11-2021 at 07:18 AM..
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #21
D1nOnlyMrM@  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 17440 17 K  Slaps total: 2678 2 K
It's just a way of wiggling out of losing. A primary. I got land down there. It's moonshine County and half super racist, a quarter of unity and a quarter of cordial racism. There is a retirement lil spot nearby called Smith Mount lake. Fam got a lot lake there too, the folks from there are transplant democrats. The locals hate it but it was an undeveloped prime spot 15 years ago. Now it's getting more and more city like. They got a distillery n sh*t
+1   

2 weeks ago '12        #22
 PackerTrelli3 said
the n*gga @ is an idiot.

U damn right he ainít gonna do sh*t, thatís why he told me not to respond, and didnít respond to me

He responded to YALL about ME.

The n*gga thought I was saying Ole lady was white

@ fu*k you!!!

Talking bout he donít read my sh*t, but the n*gga steady proppin my posts and be in the threads i make
It ain't even 10 am and your ignorant a*s woke up with d*ck on your breath

The emotions

You came in all confident just to look stupid, stupid

2 weeks ago '18        #23
Lord God  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 63342 63 K  Slaps total: 5151 5 K

"As an African American woman, I have become very disturbed by what the GOP has come to stand for, tolerate and encourage,"

Become? They've always been this way, clown.
+1   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '17        #24
 OldBusiness said
It ain't even 10 am and your ignorant a*s woke up with d*ck on your breath

The emotions

You came in all confident just to look stupid, stupid

So why u responding before 10Am?? Why not 2pm?

Like I said n*gga, ya a*s was wrong, I proved ya a*s wrong. Ya didnít like it and ya took it left

Talkin all that sh*tÖ.. by u stay proppin me, stay in my thread, stay having conversations

You just hurt that u thought we was cool and thought u could ride passenger. Nah bi*ch. Back in the car seat

And when I make threads bruh, please donít enter, when I post sh*t, please stop propping or startin conversations. I donít fu*k wit u

And my day starts at 7am, so I gave it a 2 hour window pu**y

2 weeks ago '12        #25
 PackerTrelli3 said
blah blah blah
You are obsessed and obviously out of your rabbit a*s mind, this is why you got treated the way you did

Lets see what bad takes you gone kick out now . And n*gga we ain't cool, I don't know you, you're some random username on a forum

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  17
Jun 22 - Wingstop turns to chicken thighs to combat wing shortage, price surge
145 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+53online now  6
Video inside The Life Of People Who Bought Bitcoin in 2021
151 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+83online now  6
What do you think is the avg median income of Boxden
330 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-65online now  4
Video inside Tasha K EXPOSES Young Buck Is Broke & Living w/ His HIV Positive TR@NSG..
159 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy