A quick tour guide through the beautiful Detroit...

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

1 week ago '04        #1
1147 page views
46 comments

Veno da Don 
Props total: 15456 15 K  Slaps total: 1823 1 K
A quick tour guide through the beautiful Detroit...

Iykyk
+6   

best
worst
46 comments

1 week ago '19        #2
unit321  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 36611 36 K  Slaps total: 8158 8 K
He lied about Highland Park.

1 week ago '19        #3
aaf192020 
Props total: 23503 23 K  Slaps total: 1557 1 K
I remember in 98' when I 1st moved to Detroit from DC ask a teenager. I instantly became depressed just looking at it all. Shxt looked like a bomb went off on every other block. Whole neighborhoods just dilapidated. Some really nice single family homes then an empty lot next to 3 abandoned houses then nice homes again all on the same block! It was then I knew I had to dribble or run my way outta there and get to somebody's college. Fxcked up part is the D got some of the coolest people on earth. Only nxggas they hate on is themselves lol.
+11   

1 week ago '04        #4
Veno da Don  OP
 aaf192020 said
I remember in 98' when I 1st moved to Detroit from DC ask a teenager. I instantly became depressed just looking at it all. Shxt looked like a bomb went off on every other block. Whole neighborhoods just dilapidated. Some really nice single family homes then an empty lot next to 3 abandoned houses then nice homes again all on the same block! It was then I knew I had to dribble or run my way outta there and get to somebody's college. Fxcked up part is the D got some of the coolest people on earth. Only nxggas they hate on is themselves lol.
Mannn what part of DC were you living in because I went for a week in 98 and got the same vibes from there/Bmore. But yeah the city was and is rough, but like you said we pretty down to Earth here and there are some areas (not the ones in the vid obviously) that are some of the most beautiful places I've ever been.
+4   

1 week ago '21        #5
JayMurdoch 
Props total: 4800 4 K  Slaps total: 463 463

+9   

1 week ago '19        #6
aaf192020 
 Veno da Don said
Mannn what part of DC were you living in because I went for a week in 98 and got the same vibes from there/Bmore. But yeah the city was and is rough, but like you said we pretty down to Earth here and there are some areas (not the ones in the vid obviously) that are some of the most beautiful places I've ever been.
Baltimore and and DC can never be compared maybe in 68' but not 98'. SE and NE DC was pretty bad with violence but Baltimore was worse in terms of esthetics. Bruh when I got Detroit damn near the whole Michigan Ave from Inkster to the city looked like Iraq. But its not everywhere. Its just pockets of abandoned homes that just look crazy because half the homes are trash and people still live in nice houses in the same neighborhood.
+7   

1 week ago '04        #7
Veno da Don  OP
 aaf192020 said
Baltimore and and DC can never be compared maybe in 68' but not 98'. SE and NE DC was pretty bad with violence but Baltimore was worse in terms of esthetics. Bruh when I got Detroit damn near the whole Michigan Ave from Inkster to the city looked like Iraq. But its not everywhere. Its just pockets of abandoned homes that just look crazy because half the homes are trash and people still live in nice houses in the same neighborhood.
Exactly. Bro i feel like DC just had this aura about it but i was young as hell though so Mandela Effect lol. It's better here now, but still the same if you know what i mean. I had to move the fam to Southfield, two youngest girls going to high-school and DPS wasn't the move for them. Gotta get back over there to DC and Bmore low key. I know it's totally different than even what i remember.
+2   

1 week ago '20        #8
BlacksAndLatins  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 11726 11 K  Slaps total: 6158 6 K
 aaf192020 said
that reminds me of this comedian saying we should go and move the nation's capital to Detroit so that way when the aliens come and try to invade us they can just go "oh sh*t we were already here let's bounce"
+6   

1 week ago '21        #9
LuxG2 
Props total: 8664 8 K  Slaps total: 1458 1 K
If people wanted to do better they would. No reason to have trash bags in the middle of the road on trash day.

The freeway is not a trash can. 696,75,94.

Your old bed doesn’t belong on the freeways

Wendys bag once you are done eating it…. Throw away at home or your destination

Not
in
the
street
+6   

1 week ago '21        #10
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 6727 6 K  Slaps total: 1639 1 K
Crazy that Eminem still lives there

If I was that rich I’d be in LA or something

1 week ago '21        #11
LuxG2 
Props total: 8664 8 K  Slaps total: 1458 1 K
The neighborhoods are not race tracks
+2   

1 week ago '19        #12
aaf192020 
 BlacksAndLatins said
that reminds me of this comedian saying we should go and move the nation's capital to Detroit so that way when the aliens come and try to invade us they can just go "oh sh*t we were already here let's bounce"
I gotta find that clip.
+1   

1 week ago '04        #13
virusrev 
Props total: 769 769  Slaps total: 153 153
 Jonny2soxs said

I'm from LA but been to Detroit many times. It's not that different, a lot of LA is sh*tty too. People in Detroit are far more welcoming and friendly than most people in LA. And a lot of stuff in Downtown Detroit is actually nice.
+7   

1 week ago '07        #14
Dicemoney6 
Props total: 2439 2 K  Slaps total: 264 264
I fux with the D and all the people there. I'm there atleast like 3 or 4 times a year. If people started paying attention and investing ..we could build it back up and make some money at the same time.
+7   

1 week ago '11        #15
TheWatcher  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 4162 4 K  Slaps total: 181 181

+1   

1 week ago '20        #16
Easy Doesit 
Props total: 9821 9 K  Slaps total: 2092 2 K
 aaf192020 said
Met this beautiful chick from Detroit a couple years ago. Real classy. She had this dude with money taking care of her here in Atlanta.

1 week ago '20        #17
Easy Doesit 
Props total: 9821 9 K  Slaps total: 2092 2 K
 aaf192020 said
Met this beautiful chick from Detroit a couple years ago. Real classy. She had this dude with money taking care of her here in Atlanta.

Edit. That accent was everything.
+2   

1 week ago '15        #18
thirssty58  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 41977 41 K  Slaps total: 5734 5 K
 Jonny2soxs said

Prob wants to stay grounded there's something strange about the type of rich person LA attracts would say the same about Miami to an extent

Last edited by thirssty58; 06-10-2021 at 09:07 PM..
+2   

1 week ago '21        #19
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 6727 6 K  Slaps total: 1639 1 K
 thirssty58 said
Prob wants to stay grounded there's something strange about the type of rich person LA attracts would say the same about Miami to an extent
Yeah that’s true
+1   

1 week ago '04        #20
Veno da Don  OP
 BlacksAndLatins said
Yeah not really funny though. Kinda of lame tbh. Been lame and always will be lame. Detroit and the Metro area is top 10 in the country. fu*k what ya heard!

1 week ago '04        #21
Veno da Don  OP
 Jonny2soxs said

Bro Oakland County is top 20 in the nation. You really think the whole city is messed up? Turn off the tv and take it from people who have been here... Em paying alot less to live in a mansion and not have cameras following him around. Living in Michigan allows for Em to have peace. We let people be, Em could walk up the street and be ok (maybe not W. Warren right now they would rob Jesus over there.)

But I should take some pics for yall while im out today. Actually I'm going to start a "Look at my beautiful city" thread with live pics. Hip y'all to the game cause the media got y'all thinking sh*t all bad.
+2   

1 week ago '04        #22
Veno da Don  OP

A fraction of what you would pay in Cali. You get seasons and peace. And that dollar stretches much longer here. Em got a crib in Florida too. Michigan has some of the best homes in the country. Built to last and some really nice architecture.
+3   

1 week ago '04        #23
Veno da Don  OP
 thirssty58 said
You get it. Detroit is ANTI celebrity, but we rocks with the natives (Em gets flack for being white still tbh) but most of us focks with Shady (at least the 30 and ups). I love it here. I go to Dallas every other year and while that joint to dope, I could never live there, sh*t is surreal to me way too big and "Big Box" it has such a "corporate" feel to it. Detroit feels homegrown. Same with Memphis.
+2   

1 week ago '04        #24
Veno da Don  OP
 LuxG2 said
If people wanted to do better they would. No reason to have trash bags in the middle of the road on trash day.

The freeway is not a trash can. 696,75,94.

Your old bed doesn’t belong on the freeways

Wendys bag once you are done eating it…. Throw away at home or your destination

Not
in
the
street
sh*t pisses me off so bad. And it's the burbs who dumps too not just the city folks. But when talking Detroit to foreigner I claim all the suburbs the Coleman Young mentality had to die a little sh*t was holding us back, the whole state is ours and the suburbs ARE Detroit.
+1   

1 week ago '04        #25
Veno da Don  OP
 virusrev said
I'm from LA but been to Detroit many times. It's not that different, a lot of LA is sh*tty too. People in Detroit are far more welcoming and friendly than most people in LA. And a lot of stuff in Downtown Detroit is actually nice.
I gotta get to Cali but they don't call us "cousins" for no reason. Even our speech cadence is more "Cali" than "Southern" like most major midwest cities (Chicago, Mil, Nap...)

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+557online now  29
Announcer ready to risk it all after seeing chick in the stands
267 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+62online now  22
$1 milly lotto ticket winner opts for one-time payout
140 comments