Jun 10 - Pursuing Officer Performs "Pit Manuever" On Pregnant Driver

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 week ago '18        #1
423 page views
12 comments

No Religion  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 25860 25 K  Slaps total: 1956 1 K
Jun 10 - Pursuing Officer Performs "Pit Manuever" On Pregnant Driver

Arkansas woman suing police after PIT maneuver flips her car going 60 mph while she was pregnant

Nicole Harper says the PIT maneuver 'placed her life and the life of her unborn child at risk'

An Arkansas woman is suing an Arkansas State Police officer who she says "negligently performed" a Pursuit Intervention Technique (PIT) maneuver that resulted in her car flipping over on the highway at 60 miles per hour in July 2020.

Nicole Harper, who was pregnant at the time, was clocked going 84 mph in a 70 mph zone last summer, according to the lawsuit. Within seconds of Arkansas State Police Officer Rodney Dunn turning on his patrol cruiser's overhead lights, Harper pulled over to the right lane, turned on her emergency blinkers, and slowed to 60 mph.

She was "unable to safely stop her vehicle on the right or left shoulder due to concrete barriers and a reduced shoulder being on both sides of the road leaving [her] with no room to safely pull over her car," the lawsuit states.

Dashcam video of the incident shows that about two minutes after turning on his lights, Dunn hit the pregnant mother's back left bumper, sending her car crashing into a concrete barrier and flipping over.

"I thought it would be safer to wait until the exit," Harper can be heard telling Dunn while upside down in her car.

"No ma'am, you should pull over when law enforcement stops you," Dunn replied as he tried to help Harper out of the car. "We call that a PIT maneuver. When people flee from us that's what happens."

"I wasn't fleeing," Harper responded.

Dunn charged Harper with failure to yield to an emergency vehicle.

Her attorney, Andrew Norwood of law firm Denton & Zachary, alleged the PIT maneuver was "deadly force," adding that an exit was in just 1 mile and the concrete barriers ended about 20 seconds down the road.

"She wants policy change. She thinks they should look at the policies around PIT maneuver and re-evaluate the use of them," Norwood told Fox News Wednesday. "What was done is ridiculous. It's extremely dangerous what was done."

Norwood said that Harper has some lasting anxiety from the experience and broke down in tears when she saw the video for the first time recently.

"What do I need to do in the future? Do I just stop in the middle of the road? Do I just lock it up and slam on the brakes in the middle of the road no matter where I am, no matter what?" Norwood said of Harper's thinking. "What if I'm on a bridge? Because the officer said in no uncertain terms, in the video, It doesnt matter where you are, you just stop.'"

Harper also contests that she did exactly what she learned to do in driver's education when being stopped by a police officer.

"Pull over to the right side of the road activate your turn signal or emergency flashers to indicate to the officer that you are seeking a safe place to stop," the Arkansas Driver License Study Guide reads.

The Arkansas State Police did not return to multiple requests for comment on Wednesday.

A FOX16 investigation last month revealed that PIT maneuvers are increasingly being used by the Arkansas State Police. Between January 2017 and December 2020, PIT maneuvers were used 306 times, with half of those happening in 2020, according to the local news outlet.

At least 30 people have died and hundreds more have been injured since 2016 from PIT maneuvers, according to The Washington Post. Eighteen of those deaths occurred after police attempted to stop a person for speeding or another minor traffic violation.
visit this link Source

Last edited by No Religion; 06-10-2021 at 02:04 AM..
+4   

best
worst
12 comments

1 week ago '21        #2
Tlatoani  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7745 7 K  Slaps total: 1748 1 K
Power trip.

Coulda k*lled her and this dumb a*s wants to lecture her after attempting to murder her over his ignorance of the law.

Roast that pig.
+12   

1 week ago '16        #3
postemupndunkit 
Props total: 61872 61 K  Slaps total: 7604 7 K
Qualified Immunity.

Tax payers gonna foot the bill further defunding other civic duties from being fulfilled.

Cops gonna be fine.
+2   

1 week ago '20        #4
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 32499 32 K  Slaps total: 6337 6 K

Top 10 most propped recently  1 week ago '17        #5
DaQCKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 89434 89 K  Slaps total: 3742 3 K
Another bad apple huh
+4   

1 week ago '10        #6
t from the 617 
Props total: 24392 24 K  Slaps total: 771 771
piece of sh*t pig
+3   

1 week ago '16        #7
smokeytheblunt2 
Props total: 44427 44 K  Slaps total: 2518 2 K
yeah, pull over on the side of the interstate when there’s an exit near by and risk both of you getting hit…….

which he probably would have told her if she pulled over on the interstate…….
+5   

1 week ago '16        #8
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 77250 77 K  Slaps total: 8251 8 K
All that for speeding.
+3   

7 days ago '10        #9
lltreyll 
Props total: 3724 3 K  Slaps total: 1238 1 K
Few years ago I was pulled over 3 fu*kin times in less than 20 minutes in Arkansas. My license plate was registered but I didnt have the tags yet. One of the officers took an I.D. of mine from another state and said I couldn't have it anymore because I renewed my drivers license in a different state. sh*t made no sense, but I just wanted to get the hell on my way, so I said all right, whatever.

5 minutes later another cop stops me for my tags, then I tell him that I was just stopped for the same thing 5 minutes ago, and I was on my way only to be pulled over a fu*kin 3rd time for the same sh*t...

And the cherry on top was before all that when I first crossed the border into Arkansas. A highway patrol pulled me over and said my plates came back from a completely different vehicle and then claimed somebody was using my name in Indiana. All that was complete bullsh*t. He just seen the out of state license plates and needed an excuse to see if I was doing dirt. sh*t was pathetic....

I've been to 42 states, and Arkansas has the worst cops I've ever experienced throughout America...So after seeing that video, it's not surprising seeing another Arkansas cop doing unnecessary sh*t.
+3   

7 days ago '17        #10
Real Talk 10%er  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 46504 46 K  Slaps total: 16194 16 K

7 days ago '10        #11
JudasHatesJesus 
Props total: 11347 11 K  Slaps total: 1813 1 K
Well...I’ll just leave this here
+1   

6 days ago '08        #12
stlcardinals19 
Props total: 16535 16 K  Slaps total: 1172 1 K
She was doing things to ensure both her AND him would be safe enough to conduct whatever the cop needed to do, like issuing a citation, and this authoritarian took it to mean so much disrespect he decided to inflict violence on her w/other cars around. I'm sorry, but you cannot reform this.
+1   

6 days ago '07        #13
N.O.4Life  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 39653 39 K  Slaps total: 3585 3 K
And what’s worse the sh*t she did was actually in the Arkansas driver’s handbook Not surprised by this tho. Most cops are dumbasses who probably couldn’t get jobs anywhere else. Like 2 steps above being retards. So you think someone is fleeing that put their hazard lights on How fu*king dumb can you be bruh

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  30
Jun 16 - 'Fentanyl has changed the whole landscape': SF faces worst drug epide..
169 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+40online now  23
Image(s) inside Very Erie Video of a Nervous MLK
138 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+60online now  16
Rapper Blueface Opened His Own Soul Food Restaurant In Santa Clarita, Californ..
120 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-66online now  15
Kuzma takes a shot at Lebron, Lebron responds back
41 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy