Katt Williams Was "Crushed" After Cedric The Entertainer Allegedly Stole His Joke

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 week ago '18        #1
4613 page views
68 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x90
Props total: 113943 113 K  Slaps total: 5227 5 K
Katt Williams Was "Crushed" After Cedric The Entertainer Allegedly Stole His Joke

"Back in 2000, comedy fans were thrilled when the Kings of Comedy hit theaters. Steve Harvey, Bernie Mac, D.L. Hughley, and Cedric The Entertainer all joined together for a stand-up routine that has gone down in comedy history, but Katt Williams recently revealed that he had a bone to pick with one of his fellow comedians.

During the film, Cedric closes out his routine with a joke about having to park a large spaceship Cadillac. In an interview with The Morning Hustle, Williams revealed that the joke was originally his and he was "crushed" when he saw Cedric perform it on the big screen.

"Well, when it initially happened to me, it crushed me just because the comedian was already bigger and more famous than me and he took my closing joke and made it his closing joke on Kings of Comedy," said Williams. "The reason it hit so bad was that I was in the theater. I paid my money to go see Kings of Comedy and to see my joke being there and not me was about as disrespectful as it gets in our craft and I took it really personally with Cedric The Entertainer at that time."

"Now, since then, I've done enough work with ten comedy specials. You either have to write your own jokes or you're telling a variation of my joke, whether you acknowledge it or not." Katt Williams added that as artists, you're either "originally creating or you are borrowing bits and pieces." When asking if he ever confronted Cedric about the incident, Williams said he hadn't addressed it.

ďIím not that type of comedian. Iím going in your mouth where the joke is when you steal my jokes, and I have a reputation in this industry that if you steal my joke, youíre gonna be missing a tooth or two... I donít play like that.Ē

Check out Williams's interview below and the joke in question from Kings of Comedy above."

visit this link https://www.hotnewhiphop. .. ws.133496.html
+18   

best
worst
68 comments

1 week ago '04        #2
jaynat603  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 6774 6 K  Slaps total: 725 725
How can Cedric steal a joke from someone else that wrote it for you? D'militant wrote jokes for Kat ever since his first standup taking other people's bits like Corey Holcomb, Mark Curry, JB Smoove etc. Kat wasn't original from jump, just packaged together for Hollywood

Last edited by jaynat603; 06-09-2021 at 08:29 AM..
+26   

1 week ago '12        #3
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 169566 169 K  Slaps total: 9978 9 K
 jaynat603 said
How can Cedric steal a joke from someone else that wrote it for you? D'militant wrote jokes for Kat ever since his first standup taking other people's bits like Corey Holcomb, Mark Curry, JB Smoove etc. Kat wasn't original from jump, just packaged together for Hollywood
Thats wild

I do know back in the day though Ced and Steve Harvey used to steal tons of jokes...Specially Steve in the 90s...Steve Harvey in the 90s used to steal jokes from Arnez J and tons of other black comedians that weren't getting noticed as much as he was.

I remember when he stole the whole bit about the old lady next door with the big underwear hanging from the clothesline and how they would go swing in the bloomers like it was the playground

Steve was even stealing jokes Mark Curry told on the Hangin with Mr. Cooper sitcom
+43   

1 week ago '15        #4
EnigmaticPigeon 
Props total: 51749 51 K  Slaps total: 2117 2 K
Anyone got a vid of Katt telling that joke?
+30   

1 week ago '17        #5
PackerTrelli3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 72026 72 K  Slaps total: 19093 19 K
 jaynat603 said
I think cuz heís paid for it. Itís like if a rapper writes a song for someone for $$$$ and then sells the same verse.

Kat said it was originally hisÖ.. not ORIGINAL by him. weíve seen these types of situations

1:25

+6   

1 week ago '21        #6
Young Defiant 
Props total: 2881 2 K  Slaps total: 8166 8 K
HAHA And this is why I told y'all Cedric The Entertainer isn't funny and he never will be...
IMAGINE being 60+ years old stealing jokes, this man should NOT be considered along the greats in The Kings of Comedy

1 week ago '07        #7
Avon_Barksdale  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x94
Props total: 223629 223 K  Slaps total: 20294 20 K
Somebody would be missing a tooth or two?

He let a lil’ 17 kid wash him…

+32   

1 week ago '17        #8
Rule 336  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 149633 149 K  Slaps total: 54569 54 K
 jaynat603 said
How can Cedric steal a joke from someone else that wrote it for you?
Every comedian has a writing team... The comedians themselves are apart of that writing team. If a comedian stole all the jokes from Eddie Murphy's Raw and performed it would you be ok with it because "Eddie didn't write the jokes" y'all dudes be trying to get deep for no reason at all.
+20   

1 week ago '16        #9
Toast2the  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 46700 46 K  Slaps total: 7283 7 K
 jaynat603 said
If the joke was written by Katt or someone else FOR KATT for him to perform... well then itís Kattís joke
+15   

1 week ago '17        #10
Rule 336  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 149633 149 K  Slaps total: 54569 54 K
Katt been looking like his old self lately. Hope that next stand up is a classic
+17   

1 week ago '20        #11
Dustea  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 2596 2 K  Slaps total: 1348 1 K
 jaynat603 said
Do you know how long Katt has been doing standup? Looong Before pimp Chronicles and I know where you got that d'militant sh*t from. Never heard anyone say Katt wasn't an original comic. You don't even hear variations of his jokes.
+19   

1 week ago '18        #12
Mr Tibbs 
Props total: 19461 19 K  Slaps total: 1984 1 K
+1   

1 week ago '04        #13
 Rule 336 said
Every comedian has a writing team... The comedians themselves are apart of that writing team. If a comedian stole all the jokes from Eddie Murphy's Raw and performed it would you be ok with it because "Eddie didn't write the jokes" y'all dudes be trying to get deep for no reason at all.
There's nothing deep about an opinion with research, TF you talking about?

1 week ago '05        #14
projectd06 
Props total: 27420 27 K  Slaps total: 6851 6 K
 Young Defiant said
HAHA And this is why I told y'all Cedric The Entertainer isn't funny and he never will be...
IMAGINE being 60+ years old stealing jokes, this man should NOT be considered along the greats in The Kings of Comedy
Hes probably not even 60 now, definitely wasnt in King of Comedy.
+7   

1 week ago '11        #15
RileyEsco 
Props total: 55851 55 K  Slaps total: 426 426
I always wondered if he stole Eddie Griffin's joke. Their sh*t was real similar.

5:00
+14   

1 week ago '04        #16
 Dustea said
Do you know how long Katt has been doing standup? Looong Before pimp Chronicles and I know where you got that d'militant sh*t from. Never heard anyone say Katt wasn't an original comic. You don't even hear variations of his jokes.
Oh word? Where do you think I "got that D'militant sh*t from"? I would like to hear this, got me confused with them youtubian fu*k n*ggas. I used to set up and promote events and see this sh*t first hand not hearsay

1 week ago '18        #17
YouSmokeReggie 
Props total: 3647 3 K  Slaps total: 491 491
fu*k both of them

As long as there ain’t no Bernie Mac slander then i don’t care. That’s my Goat comedian

I be damned they accuse him of stealing

1 week ago '20        #18
LordGimmeASign 
Props total: 1615 1 K  Slaps total: 76 76
These entertainers steal material from each other all the time. That episode of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air when Ashley had that issue with the bully and Will told her to self wolf tickets while saying, "Back up, back up! Just mind your business" was taken from Eddie Murphy.
+10   

1 week ago '14        #19
K Robinson 
Props total: 6714 6 K  Slaps total: 1829 1 K
 Young Defiant said
I told people they should have replaced Cedric with Martin or Eddie Griffin hell even Jamie Foxx

Never thought he was funny on stage
But he was funnier than Steve on his own show as the gym coach fu*king that ghetto secretary
+12   

1 week ago '21        #20
Young Defiant 
Props total: 2881 2 K  Slaps total: 8166 8 K
 K Robinson said
I told people they should have replaced Cedric with Martin or Eddie Griffin hell even Jamie Foxx

Never thought he was funny on stage
But he was funnier than Steve on his own show as the gym coach fu*king that ghetto secretary
OH GOD don't get me started on how bad Steve Harvey is LMAOO
But you're right!!!!!!
+5   

1 week ago '20        #21
JWA 
Props total: 16637 16 K  Slaps total: 1768 1 K
No onenwants to talk about amy bi*ch stealing from patrice oneal
+15   

1 week ago '05        #22
nupe1911 
Props total: 3765 3 K  Slaps total: 635 635
nobody knew who the fu*k Kat Williams was back then smh

1 week ago '14        #23
K Robinson 
Props total: 6714 6 K  Slaps total: 1829 1 K
 Young Defiant said
OH GOD don't get me started on how bad Steve Harvey is LMAOO
But you're right!!!!!!
Has dude ever been funny? Hell in his prime people use to walk out when he closed out shows after they heard The Mac Man
+6   

1 week ago '18        #24
Pastor Ra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 47119 47 K  Slaps total: 10359 10 K
Comedians take from each other all the time. They take from regular people too. It's the same as a weed carrier jokingly saying a line and his rapper friend using it.

I've seen comedians steal jokes and not execute it right. If it's funny, it's funny. Not gonna go into the rabbit hole of who joke is it really.

1 week ago '19        #25
zzxxccvvbb 
Props total: 23879 23 K  Slaps total: 3145 3 K
All comedians steal.

Kevin Hart's entire biography is stories stolen from C-list comedians I grew up watching
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  30
Jun 16 - 'Fentanyl has changed the whole landscape': SF faces worst drug epide..
169 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+40online now  23
Image(s) inside Very Erie Video of a Nervous MLK
138 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+60online now  16
Rapper Blueface Opened His Own Soul Food Restaurant In Santa Clarita, Californ..
120 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-66online now  15
Kuzma takes a shot at Lebron, Lebron responds back
41 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy