iOS 15 Find My App Lets You Find Devices That Are Turned Off or Erased

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

1 week ago '17        #1
665 page views
6 comments

Mr Scaramucci  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x155
Props total: 108046 108 K  Slaps total: 24078 24 K
iOS 15 Find My App Lets You Find Devices That Are Turned Off or Erased

Apple is making some major improvements to the Find My app in iOS 15, making it easier to keep track of your Apple devices and AirTags.

FindMy-Feature.jpg

With the Find My network, Apple says that you can locate devices even after they've been turned off, a feature that's helpful if a missing device is stolen and disabled or if a lost device has a low battery.

It's not clear how this feature works, but it likely will show the last known location that your device was known to be at.

Apple also says that the Find My network paired with Activation Lock can locate a lost device even after it's been erased, so thieves will not be able to wipe your device to disable tracking.

To ensure that nobody is tricked into buying a stolen device that's still locked to your Apple ID, the Hello screen will clearly show that your device is locked, locatable, and still owned by someone else.

best
worst
6 comments

7 days ago '07        #2
ptwist  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 20681 20 K  Slaps total: 1719 1 K
Apple going to turn their loyal sheep’s into some goons to hunt down their stolen sh*t
+10   

7 days ago '09        #3
LOONATIK  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 36948 36 K  Slaps total: 4659 4 K
I’ve been wondering why it was never this way pretty much 10 years ago lol. Idk what took them so long but better late than never I guess.
+2   

7 days ago '04        #4
collegeboy58 
Props total: 18544 18 K  Slaps total: 994 994
 LOONATIK said
I’ve been wondering why it was never this way pretty much 10 years ago lol. Idk what took them so long but better late than never I guess.
But it already shows your last known location…and if you erase the phone, the iCloud activation lock is still on and shows the device’s location when you log onto a WiFi network.

Unless im confused, this is the same sh*t it already does. They need an update to prevent you from turning off the phone without the pin.
+3   

7 days ago '13        #5
fit4thethrone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 7779 7 K  Slaps total: 933 933
At this point the average thief looks at an iPhone they found and immediately turn that sh*t in somewhere because people know apple sh*t is tracked so they’re reputation already got people shook
+5   

5 days ago '07        #6
Itzike 
Props total: 2484 2 K  Slaps total: 149 149
 ptwist said
Apple going to turn their loyal sheep’s into some goons to hunt down their stolen sh*t
n*ggas turning into john wick looking for their AirPods.

I’m n*ggas

24 hrs ago '08        #7
flav 
Props total: 14892 14 K  Slaps total: 3723 3 K
 collegeboy58 said
But it already shows your last known location…and if you erase the phone, the iCloud activation lock is still on and shows the device’s location when you log onto a WiFi network.

Unless im confused, this is the same sh*t it already does. They need an update to prevent you from turning off the phone without the pin.

you made a very good point

nice

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+39online now  28
Image(s) inside Very Erie Video of a Nervous MLK
137 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-66online now  22
Kuzma takes a shot at Lebron, Lebron responds back
41 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  18
Jun 16 - 'Fentanyl has changed the whole landscape': SF faces worst drug epide..
169 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+60online now  15
Rapper Blueface Opened His Own Soul Food Restaurant In Santa Clarita, Californ..
120 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy