PlayStation’s Steam page is live and seemingly hints at more PC content

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
-55  48
75 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

1 month ago '17        #1
865 page views
36 comments

Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 166591 166 K  Slaps total: 11574 11 K
PlayStation’s Steam page is live and seemingly hints at more PC content

SONY’S PC STOREFRONT LISTS 41 PIECES OF CONTENT, BUT ONLY AROUND HALF IS VISIBLE

PlayStation Studios’ Steam Curator page has gone live and it seemingly hints at more PC content from the PS5 firm.

Steam Curator pages allow approved companies or individuals to highlight games and content for sale on Steam. Typically companies use their Curator page to bundle their own content into one storefront.

PlayStation Studios’ page lists 41 games and DLC as a*sociated with the Sony division, but currently only 24 pieces of content are actually visible on its storefront.

Currently, Horizon Zero Dawn, Predator: Hunting Grounds and Helldivers are the only PlayStation PC titles available for purchase on Steam. Days Gone is set to release for the platform later this month.

In a corporate report published last summer, Sony first said it would explore bringing more PlayStation exclusives to PC, following Horizon Zero Dawn’s release on the platform.

Then earlier this year SIE’s president confirmed PlayStation will bring “a whole slate” of games to PC, starting with a Days Gone port set to release this month.

Speaking to GQ, SIE boss Jim Ryan said that the opportunity to bring PlayStation’s IPs to a wider audience, as well as an easier port process, meant that making more games for PC was now “a fairly straightforward decision” for the company.

Asked why SIE is now embracing PC, whereas before it was hesitant to bring its games to the platform, Ryan said: “I think a few things changed.

“We find ourselves now in early 2021 with our development studios and the games that they make in better shape than they’ve ever been before. Particularly from the latter half of the PS4 cycle our studios made some wonderful, great games.

“There’s an opportunity to expose those great games to a wider audience and recognise the economics of game development, which are not always straightforward. The cost of making games goes up with each cycle, as the calibre of the IP has improved.

“Also, our ease of making it available to non-console owners has grown. So it’s a fairly straightforward decision for us to make.”

PlayStation had a strong start with its first modern PC release, with Horizon Zero Dawn selling 716,000 copies digitally during its August release month, according to Nielsen’s SuperData.

visit this link https://www.videogameschr .. re-pc-content/
+5   

best
worst
36 comments

1 month ago '10        #2
acegutta22  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 19026 19 K  Slaps total: 3457 3 K

So they are following Phil Spencer's playbook just like I knew they would also what's the point of owning a PS5 if you have a PC
+9   

1 month ago '16        #3
Quinn 
Props total: 5361 5 K  Slaps total: 1305 1 K
 acegutta22 said

So they are following Phil Spencer's playbook just like I knew they would also what's the point of owning a PS5 if you have a PC
why compete in hardware when you can get a software stronghold and sell the games and service....migrate your loyal fan base to the superior platform and sell software to a new demo.

makes sense since they've said that they make little money on the consoles.
+7   

1 month ago '05        #4
kronzsw 
Props total: 15081 15 K  Slaps total: 3134 3 K
the only reason i have a ps4 is for the exclusives. now i dont need to buy a ps5

+12   

1 month ago '20        #5
D1dnt read 
Props total: 19642 19 K  Slaps total: 4650 4 K
 acegutta22 said

games come to PS5 first and PC much later
+1   

1 month ago '04        #6
SpyDa 
Props total: 9441 9 K  Slaps total: 1219 1 K
They are working the pc and console side. You will get pc exclusives a year after ps5 release. It will eventually pull xbox owners to pc to have the best of both worlds
+1   

1 month ago '05        #7
Krazie 
Props total: 37439 37 K  Slaps total: 5146 5 K
 acegutta22 said

Probably inevitable. And it makes sense.

But man the amount of eggs on fanboys faces will be hilarious.
+7   

1 month ago '17        #8
ohyouwilin 
Props total: 168 168  Slaps total: 26 26
 Krazie said
Probably inevitable. And it makes sense.

But man the amount of eggs on fanboys faces will be hilarious.

You sound like a fanboy lol. Who cares?

Let ppl play whatever they want
+1   

1 month ago '05        #9
Krazie 
Props total: 37439 37 K  Slaps total: 5146 5 K
 ohyouwilin said
You sound like a fanboy lol. Who cares?

Let ppl play whatever they want
Exactly the point, numbskull.

That is EXACTLY what will be funny. Sony fanboys worship their favorite plastic and feel like their wife cheated on them if it's on another platform.
+2   

1 month ago '18        #10
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 54098 54 K  Slaps total: 18201 18 K
What i tell u ps stanleys months agoexclusives??? Nope all comin to pc ... yall lawwwssst
+4   

1 month ago '18        #11
 D1dnt read said

1 month ago '20        #12
D1dnt read 
 Oswaldgatesjr said
What i tell u ps stanleys months agoexclusives??? Nope all comin to pc ... yall lawwwssst

u had to return ur series x, nobody cares

1 month ago '10        #13
acegutta22  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 19026 19 K  Slaps total: 3457 3 K
 Quinn said
why compete in hardware when you can get a software stronghold and sell the games and service....migrate your loyal fan base to the superior platform and sell software to a new demo.

makes sense since they've said that they make little money on the consoles.
I feel like the PC and the PlayStation 4 market probably doesn't intersect like they think but I will tell you this if I could get the ps5 game day one on PC I'm going PC all day
+1   

1 month ago '05        #14
GodzMustBeCrazy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 6832 6 K  Slaps total: 1420 1 K
Enjoy our sloppy seconds years after we done with them...

1 month ago '19        #15
Anomic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 72799 72 K  Slaps total: 10971 10 K
Only a year or 2 later?? I can wait

Hopefully I get a ps5 by then tho
+1   

1 month ago '17        #16
Thegreatiandi  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 24910 24 K  Slaps total: 2049 2 K
 Naga Sadow said
SONY’S PC STOREFRONT LISTS 41 PIECES OF CONTENT, BUT ONLY AROUND HALF IS VISIBLE

PlayStation Studios’ Steam Curator page has gone live and it seemingly hints at more PC content from the PS5 firm.

Steam Curator pages allow approved companies or individuals to highlight games and content for sale on Steam. Typically companies use their Curator page to bundle their own content into one storefront.

PlayStation Studios’ page lists 41 games and DLC as a*sociated with the Sony division, but currently only 24 pieces of content are actually visible on its storefront.

Currently, Horizon Zero Dawn, Predator: Hunting Grounds and Helldivers are the only PlayStation PC titles available for purchase on Steam. Days Gone is set to release for the platform later this month.

In a corporate report published last summer, Sony first said it would explore bringing more PlayStation exclusives to PC, following Horizon Zero Dawn’s release on the platform.

Then earlier this year SIE’s president confirmed PlayStation will bring “a whole slate” of games to PC, starting with a Days Gone port set to release this month.

Speaking to GQ, SIE boss Jim Ryan said that the opportunity to bring PlayStation’s IPs to a wider audience, as well as an easier port process, meant that making more games for PC was now “a fairly straightforward decision” for the company.

Asked why SIE is now embracing PC, whereas before it was hesitant to bring its games to the platform, Ryan said: “I think a few things changed.

“We find ourselves now in early 2021 with our development studios and the games that they make in better shape than they’ve ever been before. Particularly from the latter half of the PS4 cycle our studios made some wonderful, great games.

“There’s an opportunity to expose those great games to a wider audience and recognise the economics of game development, which are not always straightforward. The cost of making games goes up with each cycle, as the calibre of the IP has improved.

“Also, our ease of making it available to non-console owners has grown. So it’s a fairly straightforward decision for us to make.”

PlayStation had a strong start with its first modern PC release, with Horizon Zero Dawn selling 716,000 copies digitally during its August release month, according to Nielsen’s SuperData.

Man...if they're gonna be giving us the insane PS5 title prices, fu*k em. I got res evil 8 for $42 on PC. Look at much that sh*t is on PS5.

And if they're just trying to cash grab by giving us sh*tty ports without customizable control schemes ( looking at you Predator Hunting Grounds , then they can keep that sh*t.

That's always been the beauty of PC...make it look and control how you want. Left handed, right handed, Xbox controller, whatever you wanted. Don't port your b-list sh*t over, either.
+2   

1 month ago '17        #17
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 67426 67 K  Slaps total: 20285 20 K
The n*ggas that can’t afford PS5s are congregating again, nothing to see here

1 month ago '14        #18
Swade009  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 18416 18 K  Slaps total: 11339 11 K
 Oswaldgatesjr said
As someone who only have a PC you know Sony willonly sale titles years away from release.

+1   

1 month ago '11        #19
Tooly Da Gawd 
Props total: 7684 7 K  Slaps total: 2033 2 K
 D1dnt read said
good cause every game comes out broken and lacking content on release anyway lol
+2   

1 month ago '05        #20
jaedot 
Props total: 16806 16 K  Slaps total: 980 980
It is type funny cause for a long time all you seen was "no reason to buy an xbox if its on pc" now this aint that big of a deal.

Im console's for life either way

unless I can find a 3080
+3   

1 month ago '20        #21
D1dnt read 
 Tooly Da Gawd said
good cause every game comes out broken and lacking content on release anyway lol

nah, not really the case for sony exclusives

1 month ago '18        #22
 Swade009 said
As someone who only have a PC you know Sony willonly sale titles years away from release.

Nah they gonna get down or lay down.
+1   

1 month ago '18        #23
 D1dnt read said
u had to return ur series x, nobody cares
Uh huh

+5   

1 month ago '10        #24
KJHARDY 
Props total: 27528 27 K  Slaps total: 3620 3 K
 Krazie said
Exactly the point, numbskull.

That is EXACTLY what will be funny. Sony fanboys worship their favorite plastic and feel like their wife cheated on them if it's on another platform.
It's crazy. All over social media, Sony fanboys cry because Horizon and Days Gone ended up on PC.
+4   

1 month ago '10        #25
KJHARDY 
Props total: 27528 27 K  Slaps total: 3620 3 K
 Tooly Da Gawd said
Like Days Gone. Runs like sh*t on console.

Runs perfect on PC.
+4   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+60online now  14
Jun 17 - the 14 House Republicans who voted against a Juneteenth holiday
125 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+17online now  8
Jun 17 - We asked Republicans to explain the Critical Race Theory boogeyman, t..
33 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+64online now  7
$1 milly lotto ticket winner opts for one-time payout
148 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+45online now  5
Video inside Black man gets life without parole for murder