May 18-Trans man says New Orleans police rescinded job offer because of his gender identiy

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '04        #1
1311 page views
52 comments

jlandryst  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 5427 5 K  Slaps total: 759 759
May 18-Trans man says New Orleans police rescinded job offer because of his gender identiy

A transgender man says the New Orleans Police Department rescinded his job offer because of his gender identity.

Britton Hamilton, 33, said he was hired by the force last year, after passing both a civil service exam and physical agility test in July, and later an interview and background check.

On Dec. 14 he said he was granted conditional employment — but his dream of becoming a police officer came to an end a month later, after the NOPD rescinded its offer on psychological and behavioral grounds.

“I thought when I got my letter that was it, I was over the conditions threshold,” Hamilton told the local NBC-affiliated television station WDSU.

Now, he’s filing a complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, arguing that the real reason for the police’s abrupt change of tune was because he’s trans.

According to the NOPD’s application process for new hires, after successfully completing the initial tests, candidates are “cleared for hire.”

“[Candidates] will be given a conditional offer of employment and scheduled for medical and psychological screening. Once cleared for hire [they] will be offered a position within the department until the next Academy class is scheduled,” the NOPD says on its website.

After he received the conditional job offer, the NOPD requested additional employment information, including documents related to his honorable military discharge 12 year earlier, according to Nola.com — even though when he first applied to the job, the police had requested information covering only the last 10 years.

Hamilton — who said that a cisgender candidate who applied at the same time had already received the uniform to complete the academy training — said that one of his interviewers spent a considerable amount of time asking about his transition.

However, even after providing the NOPD with the additional documents, Hamilton said that they still wanted more medical documentation.
On Jan. 26 he received an email from a city official saying that the NOPD would not hire him “based on a psychological a*sessment of (his) emotional and behavioral characteristics.”

“I was caught off guard when I saw that because I’ve been transitioning for over six years. My name is changed, my gender is changed,” he told WDSU.

A doctor who prescribes him hormones said in a letter that Hamilton was “intelligent, responsible, reasonable and kind.”

According to the letter, written a week after Hamilton received the news, the doctor has not seen “any evidence of emotional or behavioral instability.”

The department said in a statement that its decision “not to move forward with the applicant in question did not involve any discrimination against the individual as a member of a protected group.

But Hamilton disagrees.

“Just to be denied because of my gender was very heartbreaking,” said Hamilton, who legally transitioned in 2016, and has been married to his wife, Mallory, since 2018.

“My being trans doesn’t affect my capabilities to serve my community,” he told Nola.com.

visit this link https://www.nydailynews.c .. 7tu-story.html
+1   

best
worst
52 comments

1 month ago '08        #2
cohs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 38628 38 K  Slaps total: 2243 2 K
All cops dumb as hell if they think cops would be cool with that. Also is that a former female?
+4   

1 month ago '04        #3
jlandryst  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18 OP
Props total: 5427 5 K  Slaps total: 759 759
 cohs said
All cops dumb as hell if they think cops would be cool with that. Also is that a former female?
Yes that used to be a female.
+5   

1 month ago '04        #4
ItAlY2BkLyN 
Props total: 29647 29 K  Slaps total: 7602 7 K
My name is changed, my gender is changed
+16   

1 month ago '20        #5
godhillie 
Props total: 1515 1 K  Slaps total: 299 299
Im mad this bi*ch beard comin in more than mine
+73   

1 month ago '05        #6
Stupendamatic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 17615 17 K  Slaps total: 1526 1 K
It’s a gang. They’ll bring back dirty cops fired by other precincts or departments but won’t hire someone who is different.
+9   

1 month ago '16        #7
ChiHoodrichback 
Props total: 12115 12 K  Slaps total: 1783 1 K
 godhillie said
Bruh
+18   

1 month ago '18        #8
Lsulakersaints 
Props total: 19529 19 K  Slaps total: 989 989
I miss the good ole days when it was just regular gay people, this sh*t getting outta hand
+32   

1 month ago '04        #9
cold_young_thug  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 11247 11 K  Slaps total: 2543 2 K
 ItAlY2BkLyN said
aint dat a bi*ch? My name is lionbird. If ONLY I could now be a fu*kin lionbird
+5   

1 month ago '04        #10
cold_young_thug  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 11247 11 K  Slaps total: 2543 2 K
 Lsulakersaints said
I miss the good ole days when it was just regular gay people, this sh*t getting outta hand
nah u just wasnt exposed to it. Trannies been out since forever like back in rome days. and even back in the 80's. Prince regularly hung out wit trans ppl dat looked as dressed like women. in other words, it was never a good ol days.

1 month ago '18        #11
Lsulakersaints 
Props total: 19529 19 K  Slaps total: 989 989
 cold_young_thug said
nah u just wasnt exposed to it. Trannies been out since forever like back in rome days. and even back in the 80's. Prince regularly hung out wit trans ppl dat looked as dressed like women. in other words, it was never a good ol days.
Nah, I remember prince doing all that freaky sh*t, but this identity sh*t is taking this bs to a whole nother level
+5   

1 month ago '07        #12
JoeDoe22 
Props total: 1848 1 K  Slaps total: 67 67
Well, crazy people shouldn't be cops.
+15   

1 month ago '14        #13
Aries  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 52588 52 K  Slaps total: 6640 6 K
Her beard is immaculate
+3   

1 month ago '11        #14
Inspires  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 43412 43 K  Slaps total: 3475 3 K

On Dec. 14 he said he was granted conditional employment — but his dream of becoming a police officer came to an end a month later, after the NOPD rescinded its offer on psychological and behavioral grounds.

Tough, even 12 think you got a mental illness.
She was definitely the talk of donut shop for weeks.
+12   

1 month ago '18        #15
S-Class 
Props total: 78054 78 K  Slaps total: 7345 7 K
 godhillie said
+1   

1 month ago '20        #16
DK911 
Props total: 642 642  Slaps total: 93 93
 godhillie said

1 month ago '04        #17
D1nOnlyMrM@  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 17440 17 K  Slaps total: 2678 2 K
What if the don't call me ma'am guy became a cop?. Maybe then trans folks like this one would be more respected. I never interacted with herm, but seems level-headed to me

1 month ago '04        #18
7twelve 
Props total: 32491 32 K  Slaps total: 7742 7 K
cisgender? is this a new term for a regular person?

i never been to prison; when they do intake, do they have a person of same s*x doe the cavity check or can it be a different s*x? if so, which prison would this confused bih work in?

1 month ago '19        #19
zzxxccvvbb 
Props total: 24574 24 K  Slaps total: 3185 3 K
Cops should all be 6 4 230lbs+ so they aren't afraid of their own shadow and quick to pull the trigger.

I used to absolutely hate being stopped by cops that I could dummy effortlessly when I was with the sh*ts
+1   

1 month ago '16        #20
deezydee2323 
Props total: 4229 4 K  Slaps total: 1062 1 K
Damm that a ugly bi*ch. No wonder she decided to change into a man bc she is manly features ... ewwww all this ppl changing with the knife smhh

1 month ago '15        #21
Always Good 
Props total: 9945 9 K  Slaps total: 2408 2 K
 7twelve said
cisgender? is this a new term for a regular person?

i never been to prison; when they do intake, do they have a person of same s*x doe the cavity check or can it be a different s*x? if so, which prison would this confused bih work in?
ALL trans people serve their time in the Hole in Louisiana prisons. They are looked as drama starters, distractions and liabilities.

1 month ago '04        #22
7twelve 
Props total: 32491 32 K  Slaps total: 7742 7 K
 Always Good said
ALL trans people serve their time in the Hole in Louisiana prisons. They are looked as drama starters, distractions and liabilities.
I'm asking about the cops who search you in prison when doing booking
+1   

1 month ago '15        #23
Always Good 
Props total: 9945 9 K  Slaps total: 2408 2 K
Good. We got way too many mentally unstable people on the force as is.

ALL Gay people are mentally disturbed....that’s a fact.
+2   

1 month ago '18        #24
shooter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 32908 32 K  Slaps total: 3247 3 K
If you keep treating them like this, they just gonna stop being honest w y’all.

1 month ago '05        #25
Dun Language  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 96118 96 K  Slaps total: 26177 26 K
I wonder what harmones she takes bi*ch beard look better than mine
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  15
Jun 22 - Wingstop turns to chicken thighs to combat wing shortage, price surge
145 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
-65online now  11
Video inside Tasha K EXPOSES Young Buck Is Broke & Living w/ His HIV Positive TR@NSG..
159 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-108online now  6
Signs that you a pretty n*gga
165 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+22online now  4
Jun 22 - Mother of 2 dies after brazen Chicago shooting that k*lled boyfriend