Palestine > Israel? The world has spoken?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
30 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

Israel>Palestine? Earth speaks?
Palestine 99 83.19%
Israel 20 16.81%
Voters: 119.   (BX member poll)

1 month ago '20        #1
2015 page views
37 comments

confidential1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 48655 48 K  Slaps total: 2552 2 K
Palestine > Israel? The world has spoken?

Last edited by confidential1; 05-16-2021 at 09:56 PM..
+23   

best
worst
37 comments

1 month ago '12        #2
CrapShoota 
Props total: 6255 6 K  Slaps total: 901 901
Could someone educate me on this conflict?
+5   

1 month ago '20        #3
Thotslayer340 
Props total: 293 293  Slaps total: 30 30
voted israel for the lol

if only england didn't fu*k up the whole world
+5   

1 month ago '20        #4
Thotslayer340 
Props total: 293 293  Slaps total: 30 30
 CrapShoota said
there's hundreds videos on youtube
+3   

1 month ago '12        #5
CrapShoota 
Props total: 6255 6 K  Slaps total: 901 901
 Thotslayer340 said
there's hundreds videos on youtube
I'm sure, is there one documentary or article you can point me to?
+10   

1 month ago '19        #6
Anomic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 72789 72 K  Slaps total: 10971 10 K
 CrapShoota said
Modern day colonialism disguised as a religious dispute.
+23   

1 month ago '05        #7
landlord151515 
Props total: 5903 5 K  Slaps total: 486 486
 CrapShoota said
7 Myths About The Palestinian-Israeli Conflict

1. These people have been f*ghting forever.

This is one of the most often repeated and inaccurate comments on the conflict. The truth is that Arabs and Jews have not been f*ghting forever. Rather, it can be dated to the end of the 19th century or, more acutely, the beginning of the post-World War I British Mandatory period. In addition to being historically inaccurate, such a claim frames the issue as something unsolvable and intractable, in addition to reinforcing longstanding ideas of Arabs as barbaric and inherently violent.

2. This is a religious conflict.

This, too, is inaccurate. Palestinians are not a religious monolith. While majority Muslim, the Palestinian community has always included Muslims, Christians and Jews. Also, prior to Zionist settlement at the end of the Ottoman Empire, religious diversity was a feature of historic Palestine. Even after Jewish immigration began, Zionist settlers were mainly secular, as were the indigenous Palestinians.
But this isn’t just a question of historical accuracy. By framing the conflict as religious, we are encouraged to see it as an internecine squabble between two equally earnest parties who are in possession of competing religious texts or scriptural interpretations. Simply put, this is not about religion. It’s about land theft, expulsion and ethnic cleansing by foreign settlers to indigenous land.

3. It’s very complicated.

In a certain way, the issue is indeed complicated. After more than a century of conflict, there is definitely a lot of nuance surrounding various truth claims, policies and solutions. Too often, however, the claim that “it’s complicated” functions as an excuse to sidestep a very simple reality: this is about the 70-year struggle of a people who have been expelled, murdered, robbed, imprisoned and occupied. While there’s certainly a need to engage the finer points of the conflict, we can never lose sight of this basic and very uncomplicated point

4. Palestinians keep turning down fair deals.

This argument wrongly presumes that any deal that includes the sharing of stolen land with the victims of said theft could be fair. But even in relative and pragmatic terms, this is not true. Think back to the wildly disproportionate U.N. partition agreement of 1947 that allotted 55 percent of the land to the Jewish population even though there only comprised 33 percent of the population and owned 7 percent of the land. Or look to the 2008 negotiations between Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert that did not allow for a contiguous Palestinian territory nor a real resolution to the struggle over Jerusalem. Palestinians have never been offered a deal that allows for a truly independent, fertile, sufficient and secure state.

5. Palestinians don’t want peace.

This argument plays on Orientalist narratives of Arabs as innately violent, irrational, pre-modern and undeserving of Western democracy or diplomacy. The argument also castigates Palestinians for resisting their brutal occupation and repression. Occupied people have a legal and moral right to defend themselves. To ask them not to resist is to ask them to die quietly. Palestinians want peace. But justice is always a precondition of peace.

6. Israel has a right to exist!

This claim is a product of U.S. and Israeli hasbara, a term for propaganda. First, this argument is only rhetorically deployed in relation to Israel, as opposed to Palestine or virtually any other nation-states. After all, no one routinely demands that Israel and its advocates declare Palestine’s “right to exist” as an abstract idea, physical space or independent nation. More importantly, however, the claim obscures a more fundamental truth: no country has a right to exist, only people do. By naturalizing the idea that nation-states have a “right to exist,” we undermine our ability to offer a moral critique of Israel’s (or any settler-colony’s) origin story.

If a country has a natural right to exist, there is less room to challenge the means by which that country obtains land, interacts with indigenous populations or engages in international and domestic law. After all, it had a right to exist, right? The “right to exist” argument also reifies the nation-state, erasing its relatively new emergence as a political imaginary construct. In other words, the idea of nations and nationalism is relatively new. (This is why the whole “there was never a country called Palestine” argument is both ahistorical and dishonest). The argument also limits our ability to imagine the world on different terms and different political formations, including the reconstitution of historic Palestine (or contemporary Israel) as a single democracy for ALL citizens, regardless of race, class, gender or religion.

7. You’re anti-Semitic!

Anti-Semitism is a very real phenomenon around the globe. And we must be vigilant about addressing and destroying anti-Semitism wherever it emerges. Too often, however, this claim is leveled against anyone who critiques or protests the practices of the Israeli nation-state.

Under these conditions, allegations of anti-Semitism become nothing more than a reflexive retort, intended to shut down the conversation. More importantly, this is a key part of Zionist strategy: equating Judaism with Zionism and the Israeli state itself. Under this logic, to critique Israel is to critique Judaism. Such arguments also ignore the fact that the Jewish tradition is one that covets justice and fairness, and its principles are in fundamental opposition with the Israeli government’s actions.

Hopefully, we can move beyond these arguments and engage in deeper and more nuanced conversations about creating peace, justice and freedom in the region.

+23   

1 month ago '17        #8
Acebit 
Props total: 3439 3 K  Slaps total: 778 778
Does this have anything to do with hitler saying you went into israel black and came out white?

1 month ago '18        #9
The3 
Props total: 9609 9 K  Slaps total: 1602 1 K
 CrapShoota said

+1   

1 month ago '15        #10
Bonaparte 
Props total: 6687 6 K  Slaps total: 344 344

Islamic nations slam Israel — and each other’s ties to it

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — A league of Muslim nations on Sunday demanded that Israel halt attacks k*lling Palestinian civilians amid heavy f*ghting between it and Hamas in the Gaza Strip, even as fissures between countries over their recognition of Israel emerged.

A statement by the 57-nation Organization of Islamic Cooperation hewed closely to previous ones issued by the Saudi-based group, including backing the decades-old call for Palestinians to have their own nation with East Jerusalem as its capital.

However, recent normalization deals between Israel and some nations in the group — as well as their own concerns about Hamas — saw diplomats at points instead criticize each other.

“The massacre of Palestinian children today follows the purported normalization,” Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said. “This criminal and genocidal regime has once again proven that friendly gestures only aggravate its atrocities.”

The past week has seen some of the worst violence across Israel and the Palestinian territory since the 2014 war in Gaza, with militants launching missiles and Israel pounding the blockaded coastal strip home to 2 million people with heavy fire. At least 188 Palestinians have been k*lled in Gaza with 1,230 people wounded. Eight people in Israel have been k*lled.

The Organization of Islamic Cooperation statement called on Israel to respect Muslims’ access to Al-Aqsa Mosque, the third-holiest site in Islam, as well as stop settlers from forcibly evicting Palestinian families from their homes.

“The plight of the Palestinian people is the bleeding wound of the Islamic world today,” Afghan Foreign Minister Mohammad Haneef Atmar said.

But the videoconference meeting saw some delegates instead turn their fire toward countries like Bahrain, Morocco, Sudan and the United Arab Emirates, Muslim nations which reached normalization deals last year to recognize Israel. While Egypt and Jordan earlier reached peace deals, supporters of the Palestinians criticized the new countries for recognizing Israel before the formation of an independent Palestinian state.

Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu joined Zarif in criticizing the normalization, though Israel maintains diplomatic ties with Ankara.

“There are a few who have lost their moral compass and voiced support for Israel,” he said. “If there are half-hearted statements within our own family, how could we criticize others? Who will take our words seriously?”

Zarif also accused Israel of “genocide and crimes against humanity.”

ADVERTISEMENT

“Make no mistake: Israel only understand the language of resistance and the people of Palestine are fully entitled to their right to defend themselves,” Zarif said.

Hamas, which seized power in Gaza in 2007, didn’t take part in the meeting, which came before consultations at the United Nations over the crisis.

Across the Arabian Peninsula, reactions to the f*ghting similarly has been mixed. In Qatar, home to the Al-Jazeera satellite network, hundreds turned out late Saturday night to listen to a speech by Hamas’ top leader Ismail Haniyeh. Kuwait’s parliament speaker reportedly spoke with Haniyeh on Saturday, as did Qatar’s foreign minister.

Meanwhile, in Bahrain and the UAE, government-linked media hasn’t been covering the current flare-up of violence nonstop like other networks in the region.

There are murmurs of dissent though. In Bahrain, civil society groups signed a letter urging the kingdom to expel the Israeli ambassador. In the UAE, where political parties and protests are illegal, Palestinians have expressed their anger quietly, worried about losing their residency permit. Some Emiratis also have expressed concerns.

“The region’s only democracy,” tweeted the Emirati writer and political analyst Sultan Sooud Al Qassemi in writing about Israel’s strike on a Gaza building that housed the offices of The a*sociated Press and Al-Jazeera.

Hussein Ibish, a senior scholar at the Washington-based Arab Gulf States Institute, said most Gulf Arab leaders fear Hamas’ rocket fire as “cynical, dangerous, unnecessarily provocative and endangering Israelis and Palestinians in Gaza alike.” That takes the pressure off those Gulf leaders to respond, unlike in other confrontations involving the Al-Aqsa Mosque or when Israeli settlers force Arab families out of their homes, he said.

“There won’t be much sympathy for what is widely viewed in the Gulf as Israel’s heavy-handed and disproportionate retaliation,” Ibish wrote, “but it will be much easier for Gulf leaders and many citizens to regard the exchange as a tragic conflagration at the expense of ordinary people brought about by two leaderships over which they have neither control nor responsibility.”

___

Associated Press writers Aya Batrawy and Malak Harb in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and Bassem Mroue in Beirut contributed to this report.
+2   

1 month ago '20        #11
confidential1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
Props total: 48655 48 K  Slaps total: 2552 2 K
Israel is going to pick off each of those nation-states, mentioned in the OP article, one by one until it controls the entire region....

1 month ago '11        #12
Broseph Stalin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 45339 45 K  Slaps total: 3803 3 K

+1   

1 month ago '20        #13
itsthekid123  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5299 5 K  Slaps total: 665 665
 Anomic said
Modern day colonialism disguised as a religious dispute.
that's the best summary i heard about the sh*t

u sharp

+5   

1 month ago '20        #14
rapper10  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 7475 7 K  Slaps total: 9202 9 K
man i am getting sick of this sh*t. since like 2001 I been following middle east vs white folks

china vs north korea

mexico drug wars

iraq,afgatstino, middle east wars.

chinese wars

african wars

and them n*ggas just come off here get rich. turn maga side with the racists whites to take us down and hulimated us.

If it ain't got nothing to do with us in the u.s. or black folks. i don\t give a damn.

china man don\t like me

middle east man don't like me.

mexicans man don't like me.

racists white man don't like me.

if it ain't effect us. I don't give a damn.

been on this conspiacy sh*t from 2006 to 2018. not spending my life depress,worried and panic again.

I want to live my last year of my 30s and youth having fun and peace of mind.
+8   

1 month ago '16        #15
00010111  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 40020 40 K  Slaps total: 4302 4 K
 Thotslayer340 said
voted israel for the lol

Trash people do trash things.
+1   

1 month ago '20        #16
meanwhile........

middle east

china

mexico can be the most violent,diease filled and war mongering f*g**ts.

yeah they going find a way to blame it on africans and black folks.

yaw care more about other races then yaw do black issues.

fu*k that. like umar johnson said.

a religioni that tells you that the white man get to have his heaven on earth.

chinese man get to have his heaven here on earth.

the middle east man gets his heaven here on earth.

but black folks when through 400 years and have to die and suffer

that is a religion i do not need to be apart of.

1 month ago '16        #17
Hoggystyle  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 71934 71 K  Slaps total: 8064 8 K
Pretty much every country is sick of Israel apart from good ol Uncle Sam

1 month ago '20        #18
BigStik305 
Props total: 728 728  Slaps total: 397 397
fu*k palestine

1 month ago '16        #19
genxcide 
Props total: 3334 3 K  Slaps total: 438 438
 Thotslayer340 said
voted israel for the lol

Usa actually fu*ked this one up. We had a chance to bring all the jews over here before Hitler started k*lling them......and FDR was like.......naw thats okay.....we ain't taking them in......after this war we will throw them in israel......and thats what happened
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '20        #20
nyctoneworleans  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 7798 7 K  Slaps total: 688 688
 rapper10 said
man i am getting sick of this sh*t. since like 2001 I been following middle east vs white folks

china vs north korea

mexico drug wars

iraq,afgatstino, middle east wars.

chinese wars

african wars

and them n*ggas just come off here get rich. turn maga side with the racists whites to take us down and hulimated us.

If it ain't got nothing to do with us in the u.s. or black folks. i don\t give a damn.

china man don\t like me

middle east man don't like me.

mexicans man don't like me.

racists white man don't like me.

if it ain't effect us. I don't give a damn.

been on this conspiacy sh*t from 2006 to 2018. not spending my life depress,worried and panic again.

I want to live my last year of my 30s and youth having fun and peace of mind.
Facts! like I really dont understand how african american people living in the usa give a sh*t with all that we are going thru. I guarantee there isn't one person in Palestine or Israel who cares about my folks or my culture!
+1   

1 month ago '08        #21
QMinati 
Props total: 703 703  Slaps total: 44 44
 rapper10 said
meanwhile........

middle east

china

mexico can be the most violent,diease filled and war mongering f*g**ts.

yeah they going find a way to blame it on africans and black folks.

yaw care more about other races then yaw do black issues.

fu*k that. like umar johnson said.

a religioni that tells you that the white man get to have his heaven on earth.

chinese man get to have his heaven here on earth.

the middle east man gets his heaven here on earth.

but black folks when through 400 years and have to die and suffer

that is a religion i do not need to be apart of.
lol, who hurt you bro? you ok? let it out man let it all out...

1 month ago '16        #22
Vizier 
Props total: 3814 3 K  Slaps total: 579 579

Damn son.

+1   

1 month ago '20        #23
 CrapShoota said

1 month ago '20        #24
 CrapShoota said

1 month ago '20        #25
 CrapShoota said

this is why covid 19 happen. it was a bio weapon to stop america

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+555online now  27
Announcer ready to risk it all after seeing chick in the stands
267 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+43online now  14
First time studio setup what do you guys think