Rwandans embrace Islam after 1994 Genocide

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
198 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section Interesting ...

1 month ago '06        #1
542 page views
33 comments

Loco Poe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3739 3 K  Slaps total: 813 813
Rwandans embrace Islam after 1994 Genocide

I truly found this very interesting, because I never knew this before and I'm a big history buff. I recently found out my boy was Muslim and from Rwanda (with a Christian name) , but never asked him if he reverted yet, and I just came across this vid randomly. I always thought that they were almost exclusively Christian, so I found this video very interesting and eye opening.

If you are seeking the truth, be sure to consider the evidences that challenge your beliefs. Otherwise, it isn't the truth you seek, it's simply confirmation of what you already believe. Just because it sounds good, doesn't make it true. always seek the whole truth, not just the version that pleases you.

*Please watch objectively and refrain from posting blind, hateful, ignorant, and baseless comments, especially those that hate religion. We know, we get the point, please be respectful and objective. This isn't for a debate about religion, just an eye opener for all of those that love history or find these type of topics interesting. It goes to show you how much more we have in common, rather than our differences. I Iove seeing unity between different faiths. Much love and respect to all!

@CopyCat @anynameado @Blunted Sultan @5ive04our @DoctorNBA
@Bilal @Rule 336
I think you'll like this as well

Last edited by Loco Poe; 05-16-2021 at 12:47 PM..
+8   

best
worst
33 comments

1 month ago '06        #2
Bilal  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 151300 151 K  Slaps total: 16138 16 K
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
You're right challenge your beliefs. That's what converted me to Islam the bible is full of contradictions, it's full of man written stuff that changes the law from the old testament that god specifically said I did not come to abolish the law but to enforce it. Yet the new testament he had a change if heart? Paul didn't know Jesus he wasn't a disciple yet we take his books and laws as word? Jesus being god and the holy ghost the trinity never appeared in the bible and Jesus has never said he was god in the bible and when asked when's judgement day he said the only one with the answer is god in heaven. If he's god how doesn't he know when judgement day is?

All that and I still struggle with converting to Islam and i won't lie in some ways it feels wrong that I did so. However that's what it is and any normal person will have these feelings sometimes. How could I not? 33 years as a christian and then become a Muslim that goes against everything that was taught. I just hope god regardless of which one he actually is from which branch of religion understands the gospel was changed numerous times and books removed and added and a n*gga really tried lol. Seriously

I'm also not saying Islam is perfect or anything don't misconstrue my words. I'm just saying it makes more sense than what's in the christian bible and how we follow it. Honestly Jesus wasn't even christian so why are we? Why aren't we god's actually religion? Jewish. I still chose Islam because I think it's right for me.

Last edited by Bilal; 05-17-2021 at 01:58 PM..
+5   

1 month ago '04        #3
bingiedred 
Props total: 2706 2 K  Slaps total: 549 549
Eh, I could see why they would want to convert to something other than christian but islam has just as much blood on it's hands in Africa. That's what happens when you forsake the teachings of your ancestors and embrace the religion of your enslavers.. on both religions..

1 month ago '15        #4
SmokinBigDope  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 12202 12 K  Slaps total: 2105 2 K
Islam aint never did sh*t for no black ppl. Or any religion for that matter.

1 month ago '14        #5
brotheramir 
Props total: 978 978  Slaps total: 198 198
 SmokinBigDope said
Islam aint never did sh*t for no black ppl. Or any religion for that matter.

Malcolm X & Muhammad Ali would disagree...

+4   

1 month ago '15        #6
 brotheramir said
Malcolm X & Muhammad Ali would disagree...

Thats Anecdotal evidence. Before religion Africa is leading the world in achritecture, education, and even medicine. And After religion? What do we have? you have the sh*thole we see today.

1 month ago '04        #7
bingiedred 
Props total: 2706 2 K  Slaps total: 549 549
 SmokinBigDope said
Thats Anecdotal evidence. Before religion Africa is leading the world in achritecture, education, and even medicine. And After religion? What do we have? you have the sh*thole we see today.
I agree except the sh*thole part. The thing these blacks who partake in religions of their oppressors don’t realize is that they have no agency behind these religious systems. The Arabs were able to take Islam and make it a mobilizing force to conquer half the world at one time. The Ottoman-Turk Empire was a force to be reckoned with in its prime and still the residual effects still enable what we call “Arab” people to benefit to this day. They lay claims to lands rife with oil and other minerals because they made Islam a colonizing force to establish their identity on the global stage. The same thing with whites and Christianity; they have agency and identity behind the religion and have established a position of power because of it. Both religions have been spread by the sword for the most part. Looking back through history we can see the way both of these religions carved out a ‘manifest destiny’ kind of movement. They have taken ‘ownership’ of these religions.

The simple reason black people can never have this same success as a group is because they are products of the agency, not the owners. Whether one has converted by choice or some slave master beat it into your ancestors long ago you will only be viewed as a guest in their house. Kind of like the way whites are viewed in hip hop culturally. We used to have agency in hip hop but we allowed white corporations to co-opt it and use it for their agenda.. but I digress, back on topic. The one thing that blacks did have agency with was their spiritual systems that preceded these religions, which was part of the reason why they separated us from it begin with; because it empowered us and we had a unique identity behind it. Islam and Christianity are barely 2000 years old and there’s is no accountability with either in regards to the deeds done in the name of them.

1 month ago '06        #8
Loco Poe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
 bingiedred said
Eh, I could see why they would want to convert to something other than christian but islam has just as much blood on it's hands in Africa. That's what happens when you forsake the teachings of your ancestors and embrace the religion of your enslavers.. on both religions..

bingiedred said
I agree except the sh*thole part. The thing these blacks who partake in religions of their oppressors don’t realize is that they have no agency behind these religious systems. The Arabs were able to take Islam and make it a mobilizing force to conquer half the world at one time. The Ottoman-Turk Empire was a force to be reckoned with in its prime and still the residual effects still enable what we call “Arab” people to benefit to this day. They lay claims to lands rife with oil and other minerals because they made Islam a colonizing force to establish their identity on the global stage. The same thing with whites and Christianity; they have agency and identity behind the religion and have established a position of power because of it. Both religions have been spread by the sword for the most part. Looking back through history we can see the way both of these religions carved out a ‘manifest destiny’ kind of movement. They have taken ‘ownership’ of these religions.

The simple reason black people can never have this same success as a group is because they are products of the agency, not the owners. Whether one has converted by choice or some slave master beat it into your ancestors long ago you will only be viewed as a guest in their house. Kind of like the way whites are viewed in hip hop culturally. We used to have agency in hip hop but we allowed white corporations to co-opt it and use it for their agenda.. but I digress, back on topic. The one thing that blacks did have agency with was their spiritual systems that preceded these religions, which was part of the reason why they separated us from it begin with; because it empowered us and we had a unique identity behind it. Islam and Christianity are barely 2000 years old and there’s is no accountability with either in regards to the deeds done in the name of them.

My brother, You need to do more research on this topic, especially in regards to Islam and how it spread. You have a lot of blind hatred and ignorance regarding this topic with all due repsect, and I pray you can be objective and open minded when watching these. Please watch, I guarantee you will learn a lot of knowledge and history that remove some or all of your ignorance. If you're heedless it will still show the truth to those who are objective, which is all that matters. The first video is made by a non-muslim and is a quick lesson and very well done. In essence the narrative that you've been fed is false to many degrees, the religion mainly spread through trade, especially in Africa. There is also NO COMPULSION in religion. To take a person's life is also as if you k*lled all of humanity, and to save someone's life as if you saved all of humanity. That's how much a life is valued according to Islam, that goes to all of humanity. If what you're saying is true, Islam would've never spread as fast and fluidly as it did, and there would've been a lot of resentment towards the faith, which would of reverted back to their old religion/beliefs if that was the case. I do pray you don't gloss over this and actually watch them my brother, all are very short but very informative. I hope it opens your mind further to do more research, because I don't know where you're getting your info from, but you have to get it from the real source, and not some false depicting and hateful source that obviously has another agenda and bias. Go speak with African Muslims if you know any and ask them about their history for example. Peace and blessings brother.

"Invite (all) to the Way of your Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious. For your Lord knows best who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance" (16:125)

@ I hope you can watch with an open mind as well based on your response, in the end do you own OBJECTIVE research if you still have doubts.

@ @ @ @ @
@ @
I think you'll like this above as well[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Loco Poe; 05-17-2021 at 07:48 PM..

1 month ago '06        #9
I double posted somehow by accident, please forgive me. Please refrain from blind hatred and ignorance. Let's learn from one another and have a civilized, peaceful, and honest discussion if we do. Peace and blessings to all.

Last edited by Loco Poe; 05-17-2021 at 07:43 PM..
+1   

1 month ago '19        #10
Boxedin1 
Props total: 7381 7 K  Slaps total: 1419 1 K
 Loco Poe said
My brother, You need to do more research on this topic, especially in regards to Islam and how it spread. You have a lot of blind hatred and ignorance regarding this topic with all due repsect, and I pray you can be objective and open minded when watching these. Please watch, I guarantee you will learn a lot of knowledge and history that remove some or all of your ignorance. If you're heedless it will still show the truth to those who are objective, which is all that matters. The first video is made by a non-muslim and is a quick lesson and very well done. In essence the narrative that you've been fed is false to many degrees, the religion mainly spread through trade, especially in Africa. There is also NO COMPULSION in religion. To take a person's life is also as if you k*lled all of humanity, and to save someone's life as if you saved all of humanity. That's how much a life is valued according to Islam, that goes to all of humanity. If what you're saying is true, Islam would've never spread as fast and fluidly as it did, and there would've been a lot of resentment towards the faith, which would of reverted back to their old religion/beliefs if that was the case. I do pray you don't gloss over this and actually watch them my brother, all are very short but very informative. I hope it opens your mind further to do more research, because I don't know where you're getting your info from, but you have to get it from the real source, and not some false depicting and hateful source that obviously has another agenda and bias. Go speak with African Muslims if you know any and ask them about their history for example. Peace and blessings brother.

"Invite (all) to the Way of your Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious. For your Lord knows best who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance" (16:125)

@ I hope you can watch with an open mind as well based on your response, in the end do you own OBJECTIVE research if you still have doubts.

@ @ @ @ @
@ @
I think you'll like this above as well
[/QUOTE] @
Do you know any practicing arabs by chance, just a question? Any practicing communities, pakistani, afghani, or african american ummahs?

Last edited by Boxedin1; 05-17-2021 at 08:06 PM..
+1   

1 month ago '06        #11
@
Do you know any practicing arabs by chance, just a question?[/QUOTE]

Yes I do my brother, I know both practicing and non-practicing as well. Fun fact to add to that, they only make up 15% or so of the whole faith's total demographics, which a lot of people think they are the dominant group. What's the follow up question brother?

Last edited by Loco Poe; 05-17-2021 at 08:15 PM..
+1   

1 month ago '06        #12
@

Do you know any practicing arabs by chance, just a question? Any practicing communities, pakistani, afghani, or african american ummahs?[/QUOTE]

Yes I have met and known many different demographics of all kinds in the Ummah, including all that you've mentioned. Both practicing and non practicing.

1 month ago '19        #13
Boxedin1 
 Loco Poe said
@
Do you know any practicing arabs by chance, just a question?
Yes I do my brother, I know both practicing and non-practicing as well. What's the follow up question brother?[/QUOTE]

Are you african american?
What's the amount of time you spend in these communities? With me only asking based off my own personal experience
@

1 month ago '15        #14
 Loco Poe said

@ @ @ @ @
@ @
I think you'll like this above as well
[/QUOTE]

And Musa was the last great emporer of mali.... the empire fell shortly after converting. Islam didn't make Mansa Musa rich, he was already him before he converted. You say blah blah blah to prove my point???
+1   

1 month ago '06        #15
 Boxedin1 said
Yes I do my brother, I know both practicing and non-practicing as well. What's the follow up question brother?

What's the amount of time you spend in these communities? With me only asking based off my own personal experience
@[/QUOTE]

Why does my race matter, out of curiosity? Will my answer change your judgement of me or the faith? I've been a revert for over 10 years, have had my ups and downs with my faith due to my lifestyle before. I've spent quite a lot of time within the communities you've mentioned among others, both practicing and non practicing. One thing I can say is don't judge the Faith, based on the followers of it, regardless of what their background is. Everyone has their own faults, if you want to judge the faith read the source of the faith yourself, essentially. All of the people of each of those culture's that you mentioned for example have faults in their own cultures which has overtaken the purity of their faith. That's where racism comes to play sometimes, or marrying specifically their own kind, etc. which both unequivocally goes against the teachings of Islam.
+1   

1 month ago '19        #16
Boxedin1 
@

Are you familiar with this hadith?

1 month ago '06        #17
And Musa was the last great emporer of mali.... the empire fell shortly after converting. Islam didn't make Mansa Musa rich, he was already him before he converted. You say blah blah blah to prove my point???[/QUOTE]

Peace and blessings brother, have a nice night. You are so blinded by your hate, you don't care for the truth at all it's truly sad.

1 month ago '15        #18
 Loco Poe said
And Musa was the last great emporer of mali.... the empire fell shortly after converting. Islam didn't make Mansa Musa rich, he was already him before he converted. You say blah blah blah to prove my point???
Peace and blessings brother, have a nice night. You are so blinded by your hate, you don't care for the truth at all it's truly sad.[/QUOTE]

Likewise. We deal with results and logic over here, not symbolism and supposition. Everything i said is is facts. BTW I'm an African.
+1   

1 month ago '06        #19
 Boxedin1 said
@

Are you familiar with this hadith?

I'm not too familiar tbh. I think I heard of it once or twice. When you analyze hadith especially this one, you have to look at the hadiths before and after this one, for the full context. It seems like a hadith that can easily be misinterpreted as well. I stick to the Holy Scripture, and stay away from any Hadith like that one that has nothing to do with my time period, and was meant for the people of that time imo.

Last edited by Loco Poe; 05-17-2021 at 08:52 PM..

1 month ago '06        #20
 SmokinBigDope said
Peace and blessings brother, have a nice night. You are so blinded by your hate, you don't care for the truth at all it's truly sad.
Likewise. We deal with results and logic over here, not symbolism and supposition. Everything i said is is facts. BTW I'm an African.[/QUOTE]

Brother, if you were about logic and truth, you would watch what I've posted or even read what I've posted and it would've changed your mind somewhat. You're not here for the truth, I don't know what you were taught about Islam or what you were exposed to but all I can say is you can't judge a religion based on the followers of it, especially Islam. Muslims in general are not a good representation of the religion. You're outlook on the history of Africa in regards to Islam is clouded by your preconceptions and hate. You couldn't even bear to watch or read what I've said and tried to take it in heed. Everything you've said is ignorant and not facts.

^ This alone negates everything you've said. Go study REAL HISTORY from REAL HISTORIANS AND SCHOLARS, my dear African Brother. Even if what you say is true, because the Malian Empire eventually fell like every Empire throughout history, so I don't get your point? The points you're trying to make are baseless, you just want to nit pick and try to poke anything to discredit what I've posted to no avail. God bless. I'm not going to respond back, don't have time to bicker back and forth to someone who's here to hate and not have a civilized and logical discussion. I've made that mistake too much on this site, and I'm going to learn to cut it down to one response God willing. Peace and blessings once again, God bless!

Last edited by Loco Poe; 05-17-2021 at 08:55 PM..

1 month ago '19        #21
Boxedin1 
 Loco Poe said
@

Why does my race matter, out of curiosity? Will my answer change your judgement of me or the faith? I've been a revert for over 10 years, have had my ups and downs with my faith due to my lifestyle before. I've spent quite a lot of time within the communities you've mentioned among others, both practicing and non practicing. One thing I can say is don't judge the Faith, based on the followers of it, regardless of what their background is. Everyone has their own faults, if you want to judge the faith read the source of the faith yourself, essentially. All of the people of each of those culture's that you mentioned for example have faults in their own cultures which has overtaken the purity of their faith. That's where racism comes to play sometimes, or marrying specifically their own kind, etc. which both unequivocally goes against the teachings of Islam.[/QUOTE]

I only ask based on the masjids I've been to and them being clearly national...if you did not speak the language... anyway. My answer might change, I'm not sure yet.

Straight from the source, essentially
This aint paradise.
Just the personal experience from some of the retreats I've been on was largely enough to convince me that your correct, no community is perfect; most readily admit to it. I most do my part to make sure people know the difference between propaganda on both sides versus first hand experience. Thin line between being a muslim and being a muhammadian. Some border on the brink of christianity. That's all I'm saying...for now

Last edited by Boxedin1; 05-17-2021 at 08:59 PM..

1 month ago '19        #22
Boxedin1 
 Loco Poe said
I'm not too familiar tbh. I think I heard of it once or twice. When you analyze hadith especially this one, you have to look at the hadiths before and after this one, for the full context. It seems like a hadith that can easily be misinterpreted as well. I stick to the Holy Scripture, and stay away from any Hadith like that one that has nothing to do with my time period, and was meant for the people of that time imo.
Tell that to your imam and those at your masjid

So you don't practice sunnah?

1 month ago '06        #23
 Boxedin1 said
Tell that to your imam and those at your masjid

So you don't practice sunnah?
I do but brother I'm not a scholar, like with that hadith you posted, you have to look at the verses before and after for a better context first of all, or your not doing its full justice and credit. I don't even get your agenda now, based on what you've responded above. Is that suppose to be a HaHa moment for you? At first from your previous post I thought you were actually trying to have a civilized, respectful, and objective conversation. Now I'm confused?

1 month ago '19        #24
Boxedin1 
 Loco Poe said
I do but brother I'm not a scholar, like with that hadith you posted, you have to look at the verses before and after for a better context first of all, or your not doing its full justice and credit. I don't even get your agenda now, based on what you've responded above. Is that suppose to be a HaHa moment for you? At first from your previous post I thought you were actually trying to have a civilized, respectful, and objective conversation. Now I'm confused?

not sure on how much context you need but..
My agenda is the same as I've stated before: Not for the propaganda on either side but rather first had experience, that's all. If you have first hand experience than so be it. I only ask that you include it with everything else you're posting.
Make mention of some of the ups and downs so we can avoid the pit falls instead if making it seem like paradise which it is far from.

And hadiths are based on isnad(a long chain of he said she said based on trustworthiness) not what came before or after

Last edited by Boxedin1; 05-17-2021 at 09:14 PM..

1 month ago '06        #25
 Boxedin1 said

not sure on how much context you need but..
My agenda is the same as I've stated before: Not for the propaganda on either side but rather first had experience, that's all. If you have first hand experience than so be it. I only ask that you include it with everything else you're posting.
Make mention of some of the ups and downs so we can avoid the pit falls instead if making it seem like paradise which it is far from.
nah that's not the full context I'm talking about, even then is not its full justice you'd have to go back to at least 3493 for example. Otherwise Hadiths like this can be easily taken out of context. DM me brother, I'm actually interested on this tbh.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+18online now  30
Joel Embiid's reaction when Simmons passed up wide open dunk
132 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  21
Video inside Kevin McCall gets ready to throw hands on the Kraig Smith podcast
40 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+76online now  16
Creepiest thing you ever experienced?
257 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+70online now  13
I've been addicted to P0RN for 20 years mane!!!!
188 comments
2 days ago
@misc
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy